Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Why Do Government Demolish Houses When They Can Build Roads Around Houses-PHOTOS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Government Demolish Houses When They Can Build Roads Around Houses-PHOTOS (2793 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Attacked Goska Village, Kill Scores, Burn Houses (photos) / EFCC Seizes Ibrahim Shema's Houses (Photos) / Rains Disturbed Edo For Seven Years, That’s Why We Didn’t Build Roads –oshiomole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Government Demolish Houses When They Can Build Roads Around Houses-PHOTOS by Blackberrybabes: 8:12am On Jan 30, 2016
This is what I call real development and not the type going on in different parts of Nigeria where the Governments are inflicting pains on its citizens. It is so obvious that the Government, with adequate and proper plans can actually maneuver the construction of roads around buildings, especially street roads that won't entail motorists speeding at high levels.

As it seen on the streets of London, road constructions can actually be done perfectly around building without having to demolish my house.

Let our governments know that not all buildings must be demolished to actualize their developmental plans. They should learn from this.

More pictures

lalasticlala

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/01/blog-post_66.html

Re: Why Do Government Demolish Houses When They Can Build Roads Around Houses-PHOTOS by Blackberrybabes: 8:13am On Jan 30, 2016
Re: Why Do Government Demolish Houses When They Can Build Roads Around Houses-PHOTOS by kaypling(m): 8:17am On Jan 30, 2016
What?? Are you even serious? Do you even understand this is all planned? You're talking like there's a house in the middle of the road and they went around it. For those the build houses, shops where they shouldn't be built, the only solution is to demolish it. Why not try to build something somewhere that's unapproved in the UK and tell me if they'll come and build a road around it or not demolish it and even lock you up.

Another thing is, you know cities like London, Paris, etc went through an era of mass demolition to get to where they are today. We haven't even started being serious about it in Nigeria, in fact no where close to being serious.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Government Demolish Houses When They Can Build Roads Around Houses-PHOTOS by Toosure70: 8:19am On Jan 30, 2016
with those Nigeria off road vehicles and ogogoro motorists? A trailer will just enter park in your parlour one day.

16 Likes

Re: Why Do Government Demolish Houses When They Can Build Roads Around Houses-PHOTOS by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 30, 2016
This op self.

undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Government Demolish Houses When They Can Build Roads Around Houses-PHOTOS by EHMIR(m): 8:40am On Jan 30, 2016
Londdon has a plan,a master plan for that,so dont be ridiculous

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Government Demolish Houses When They Can Build Roads Around Houses-PHOTOS by ckmayoca: 9:02am On Jan 30, 2016
Chia OP, u r taken for commissioner for works or minister, then we are in trouble just for the way you reasoned.

I guess u live outside naija or someone inside lekki?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Government Demolish Houses When They Can Build Roads Around Houses-PHOTOS by chriskosherbal(m): 9:07am On Jan 30, 2016
Some houses are built on wrong location so they need to go, if there development in that community.
Re: Why Do Government Demolish Houses When They Can Build Roads Around Houses-PHOTOS by datola: 9:24am On Jan 30, 2016
kaypling:
What?? Are you even serious? Do you even understand this is all planned? You're talking like there's a house in the middle of the road and they went around it. For those the build houses, shops where they shouldn't be built, the only solution is to demolish it. Why not try to build something somewhere that's unapproved in the UK and tell me if they'll come and build a road around it or not demolish it and even lock you up.

Another thing is, you know cities like London, Paris, etc went through an era of mass demolition to get to where they are today. We haven't even started being serious about it in Nigeria, in fact n
o where close to being serious.

The Op is a learner.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Government Demolish Houses When They Can Build Roads Around Houses-PHOTOS by yeanka007: 9:40am On Jan 30, 2016
@ op, there are have been plans on map on many Nigeria roads, most demolished house in Nigeria are built where road(s) will be contracted in future and lastly, the government failed us by not letting us know publicly the lands that are tagged for creating roads in future.
Re: Why Do Government Demolish Houses When They Can Build Roads Around Houses-PHOTOS by gbengaizzHe: 9:42am On Jan 30, 2016
Common sense I not common
Re: Why Do Government Demolish Houses When They Can Build Roads Around Houses-PHOTOS by saintfizzo(m): 11:08am On Jan 30, 2016
undecided dumb Bleep topic
Re: Why Do Government Demolish Houses When They Can Build Roads Around Houses-PHOTOS by Tolupage(m): 2:17pm On Jan 30, 2016
I'd bet that structure was built after the road was constructed, though so much planning would be involved.

Naija landlords be like make we build house block road so only one car go fit pass
Re: Why Do Government Demolish Houses When They Can Build Roads Around Houses-PHOTOS by ba7man(m): 3:04pm On Jan 30, 2016
Roadside traders, beggars, okadamen and random layabouts would have swamped these kind of areas where available in most parts of Nigeria.

When the govt goes tough on evicting them, they then grant grammatical blunder filled interviews on tv saying how the govt hasn't been fair to them. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Government Demolish Houses When They Can Build Roads Around Houses-PHOTOS by tpiar: 4:41pm On Jan 30, 2016
op I dont get your point.

was that road you are showing built around a house?
Re: Why Do Government Demolish Houses When They Can Build Roads Around Houses-PHOTOS by tsdarkside(m): 7:12pm On Jan 30, 2016
we dont have this mentality of going around houses...

btw....most houses are not good in shape anyways...

(1) (Reply)

I'll Pay All Your 7months Unpaid Salary On Monday If You Vote For Jegede_mimiko / FG Constructing Ohafia-arochukwu Road Without Drainage And Known Contractor. Pix / June 12 - Buhari's Insult To The Great Abiola And The Entire SW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.