Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition (3215 Views)

PDP Inter Party Affairs Committee Visits Tony Anenih (Photos) / PDP Constitutes Strategy Review And Inter-party Affairs Committee (SEE LIST) / Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by jidestar: 11:43am On Jan 31, 2016
seunmsg:

I will just refer you to the last presidential election, GEJ presented Sambo Dasuki, a former governor and incumbent vice president as his running mate, he lost in Kaduna and the entire north west.

In 2003 and 2007, Buhari presented Okadigbo and Ume-Ezeoke respectively as his running mates, he lost on both occasions in the south east.

So, choosing a running mate from a region doesn't guarantee you the votes of that region. The middle belt is even the most complicated zone in the country. They are too diverse to predict. As it is, nothing can stop APC for now and definitely, not the south east. Igbos don't have the national appeal to win a presidential election for now.

I and my family will not vote APC in 2019. Yor mistake is u think sentiment put food on the table, do u know how hard things are in the country or is mummy still feeding u?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by 7lives: 11:44am On Jan 31, 2016
ajebuter:

Bros, speak for yourself please.

I'm from Southwest and i'm not in love with APC or its ideology.

Cc: firefire, anonimi, etc

As long as their tags remains " ex pdp members " their new party is dead on arrival.

1 Like

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by Firefire(m): 11:51am On Jan 31, 2016
ajebuter:

Bros, speak for yourself please.

I'm from Southwest and i'm not in love with APC or its ideology.

Cc: firefire, anonimi, etc

Any coalition without the renowned professional looters, is YES! for me.

God bless the Yoruba Nation, time of your deliverance from the professional looters has come.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by Firefire(m): 11:57am On Jan 31, 2016
jidestar:

I and my family will not vote APC in 2019. Yor mistake is u think sentiment put food on the table, do u know how hard things are in the country or is mummy still feeding u?

Bro. Jide, I beg leave that brainwashed fellow. Some of us never shared the myopic SW propaganda championed by career looters and selfish leaders of APC in the region.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by mrvitalis(m): 11:57am On Jan 31, 2016
seunmsg:

I will just refer you to the last presidential election, GEJ presented Sambo Dasuki, a former governor and incumbent vice president as his running mate, he lost in Kaduna and the entire north west.

In 2003 and 2007, Buhari presented Okadigbo and Ume-Ezeoke respectively as his running mates, he lost on both occasions in the south east.

So, choosing a running mate from a region doesn't guarantee you the votes of that region. The middle belt is even the most complicated zone in the country. They are too diverse to predict. As it is, nothing can stop APC for now and definitely, not the south east. Igbos don't have the national appeal to win a presidential election for now.
Not of those vice presidential candidates came from a minority.. ... the minority effect in Niger is great take a look at the Jonathan election in 2011
Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by anonimi: 11:58am On Jan 31, 2016
7lives:
As long as their tags remains " ex pdp members " their new party is dead on arrival.

Just like APC is Dead on Arrival, not so angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

Obasanjo endorses APC moves, as party leadership visit Abeokuta
22.Dec 2013

The push by the opposition, All Progressives Congress, APC to dislodge the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP received a boost yesterday as former President Olusegun Obasanjo openly threw his weight behind the APC’s current initiatives.
The APC leadership, comprising some national leaders and governors visited him Obasanjo in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital on Saturday to solicit the former president’s support for the party in the forthcoming elections.
The party leaders, which started converging on Obasanjo’s Hilltop Mansion around 5:22pm, included former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the party’s Interim National Chairman, Bisi Akande; former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari; former speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Masari; former Borno State governor, Senator Ali Modu-Sheriff; Senator Osita Isunazor; Senator Bukola Saraki and Lai Mohammed.
Governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State came to the former president’s house in company with the former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commissioin, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu; the former minister of aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode and others in a convoy of three black jeeps.
Other APC governors at the meeting included Rochas Okorocha (Imo), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Abdulfattah Ahmed (Kwara), Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers), Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano) and Senator Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo).
The Chairman of the New PDP, Kawu Baraje led some of his members and the former Kaduna State Chairman, Yero Makama, to the meeting.
Presenting the party chieftains and the APC governors to Obasanjo during the opening of the meeting, Akande said the party was in support of the former president’s 18-page letter to President Goodluck Jonathan.
The APC National Leader, Tinubu who alluded to Obasanjo’s contribution to the building of the Nigerian nation, lamented that the country was divided more than ever.
Apparently referring to Obasanjo’s recent letter to Jonathan, he enjoined the former president not to shy away from speaking the truth.
Tinubu added that the APC had resolved to rescue Nigeria, appealing to Obasanjo to lead the mission.
“You’ve come out of tribulation and held the highest position in this country. We are here because of your courage. Nobody can say he has information more than you. You have surmounted a number of crises. Nigeria is divided more than before; to realise stable Nigeria, we want to encourage you to continue to speak the truth. We’re resolved and determined to rescue Nigeria. We want you as navigator,” he said.

Source: http://newmail-ng.com/new/obasanjo-endorses-apc-moves-as-party-leadership-visit-abeokuta/

1 Like

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by kayusely: 12:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
mrvitalis:
South West is the most over hyped geopolitical zone I. Swear...... .they have the lowest number of voters..... And with the high igbo population in lagos.. .. The votes. .. would always split in lagos
I have said it before... .. the sure bet PDP as a party have to win in 2019 is to present
An igbo president and a middle belt vice president... This would sweep middle belt for them... and the East would come out to vote them.. .. south south is already granteed
.. . The West no matter what 30% - 40% would be in favour of PDP

a young intelligent igbo president. ... Like soludo. ... or the imidiate past minister of aviation or prof bath nnaji would give PDP a good image
While u pick a vice from Benue or Kogi
The victory would be so easy for PDP
No man.. ... Not even Obama can challenge Buhari in the far north. ...PDP SHOULD ACCEPT THIS FACT
Continue to live in your illusion. No tribe in Nigeria will ever vote for an Igbo president. They can't be trusted.

1 Like

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by seunmsg(m): 12:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
jidestar:

You didn't vote for APC in 2015 and the party won so, your vote won't be necessary in 2019.

1 Like

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
seunmsg:

You didn't vote for APC in 2015 and the party won so, your vote won't be necessary in 2019.
grin

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/2667804_openteeth001001_jpeg8b44a7608399266384fa59984ac703d0[/img]

1 Like

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by HzRF(m): 3:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
seunmsg:
Coalition of jokers. Is it Fayose and Mimiko that can't even work together and agree on who should be the chairman of PDP'S governors forum that will now form a grand coalition? They should go and ask Tinubu on what it takes to build a national coalition.

Beside, the people of south west are happy with the APC government for now, we have no reason to support another political party.
. Better shut that ur stenching buccal cavity

Which "we" South West are happy with apc?
Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by HzRF(m): 3:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
tsdarkside:

it will be hard to defeat apc,if buhari keep on doing his job well...very hard....

the nigerian system is working again...una noticed efcc today??....efcc is becoming like a super-star....
Abi

EFCC can continue to be like a super star while economy becomes a studio rat

Indeed many are mad few are roaming
Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by ckmayoca: 3:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
mrvitalis:
South West is the most over hyped geopolitical zone I. Swear...... .they have the lowest number of voters..... And with the high igbo population in lagos.. .. The votes. .. would always split in lagos
I have said it before... .. the sure bet PDP as a party have to win in 2019 is to present
An igbo president and a middle belt vice president... This would sweep middle belt for them... and the East would come out to vote them.. .. south south is already granteed
.. . The West no matter what 30% - 40% would be in favour of PDP

a young intelligent igbo president. ... Like soludo. ... or the imidiate past minister of aviation or prof bath nnaji would give PDP a good image
While u pick a vice from Benue or Kogi
The victory would be so easy for PDP
No man.. ... Not even Obama can challenge Buhari in the far north. ...PDP SHOULD ACCEPT THIS FACT

Do u expect the big and corrupt names in igbo PDP to sit back and watch those 2 you mentioned floated as presidential candidate? Nna u knw better na, na naija we dey.
Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by MonPro: 3:25pm On Jan 31, 2016
APCzombie:
The ACN faction led by Tinubu have finally realised that they have been scammed

grin grin grin

Exactly my thoughts, i passed through an hausa community in my state on my way back from church. I don't know what prompted it, some of their young men were together, happily chanting 'CPC'. Yeah you heard me right 'CPC', not APC oo. I was like don't they know it is now called APC? They've even had radios with them.

What i was able to discern is that the average hausa/fulani on the street sees that APC party as his hijacked trophy. CPC is not dead yet, it now owns ACN in the current 'APC arrangement". Tinubu was scammed.
Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by ckmayoca: 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
HzRF:

Abi

EFCC can continue to be like a super star while economy becomes a studio rat

Indeed many are mad few are roaming

Lol.. is it efcc that works with presidential order? The agency that crucified opposition? If a member of a ruling party can't be jailed and disgraced, I will never believe in EFCC.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NDA Cadets Block Traffic To Take Selfies. (photos) / States And Federal Governments' External Debt Stock 2015 / Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.