Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards (67845 Views)

Police, Military Shoot-out In Yobe / The Nigeria Police, Military & Paramilitary Choir Wish You A Merry Christmas / Kadilo Barina-Kabari Vowed To Never Shave Beards In Rivers Finally Cuts It Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by silent10(m): 3:41pm On Apr 07, 2016
Lilimax:
How come Boko is not associated with the current
trend whereby must Naija guys are carrying beards? Timaya, Phyno etc... embarassed
Dnt mind d fool
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by Nathe11: 3:47pm On Apr 07, 2016
uchwar1:
I like ur type. U will very rough during s*x
or might just be a male with a female moniker
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2016
Canada's minister of defence. Dude is still a serving soldier. His religion(indian sikh) does not allow shaving of beards.

Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by madjune(m): 4:38pm On Apr 07, 2016
lyterydim:
It's not only in nigeria it's a code for all force in the globe....so stop hinting on nigeria
and diversify your post .....

Globe what?

Have you seen the Saudi and Indian police force?

They can hide you inside their beards.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by kombo(m): 4:46pm On Apr 07, 2016
They are not wearing uniforms

Lilimax:
How come Boko is not associated with the current
trend whereby must Naija guys are carrying beards? Timaya, Phyno etc... embarassed
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by bittertruthz: 4:49pm On Apr 07, 2016
IVORY2009:
Reasons, for them to be neat, in carrying out their duties.

Not all.

Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by greatbrian(m): 4:57pm On Apr 07, 2016
Toosure70:
is one of their useless and meaningless identity
U r a bastard for that. Confused pple
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by greatbrian(m): 5:00pm On Apr 07, 2016
Anyway beard z allowed in the navy sha.... Buh in other arms of service it's not...... Don't know y we met it DAT way and it became a tradition.......... In Mogadishu drill instructor voice... OH MY MAMA. SHAVE DAT BEAR BEAR OH MY GRANDMAMA SHAVE DAT MOSTACHE. God bless NDA God bless Nigeria army
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by cocoflakes: 5:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
Dumbest Analysis ever.....

charix:

This.

Also in combat, if your opponent has no hair, beard, earrings or piercings then there's nothing you can grab on to as an advantage over him/her.
When girls fight they normally grab each other's hair in an attempt to make their opponent submit quickly. If you don't believe me watch all the girl fights that litter youtube.
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by cocoflakes: 5:07pm On Apr 07, 2016
This is more like it

RichYoungNigger:
It all started in the USA.
During the first world war, gas masks became a necessity and in order to attain a full seal against the wearer's skin and avoid leaks, the mask must be flush against the skin, so that meant a soldiers options were either to shave the beard and avoid sucking in poison or keep your awesome beard and look cool while you get blasted in the face with a mouthful of tear gas
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by gafoo4u: 5:25pm On Apr 07, 2016
corruption! bribe dey inside
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by gafoo4u: 5:27pm On Apr 07, 2016
Smellymouth:
As for me i'd like to know why their belle dey big like who swallow nigeria budget undecided grin

corruption! na bribe dey inside

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by ckmayoca: 5:42pm On Apr 07, 2016
omolami:
Those are attributes of real men

Wole shoyinka is a fake man.
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by ckmayoca: 5:46pm On Apr 07, 2016
charix:

This.

Also in combat, if your opponent has no hair, beard, earrings or piercings then there's nothing you can grab on to as an advantage over him/her.
When girls fight they normally grab each other's hair in an attempt to make their opponent submit quickly. If you don't believe me watch all the girl fights that litter youtube.

Lol. That's not the reason. The reason is to show ur face clearly and recognised and not faking to be another person. If u don't pull hair u can easily pull clothes. Beard doesn't have to be long and pulleable when men fights. True about woman fighting by pulling hair, it's cos they can't throw punches.
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by cirmuell(m): 5:52pm On Apr 07, 2016
Smellymouth:
As for me i'd like to know why their belle dey big like who swallow nigeria budget undecided grin
years of ogogoro consumption. undecided
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by nuradeen011(m): 6:00pm On Apr 07, 2016
Dcaliphate:
for the police, of course its to prevent them on the roads from hiding oga's N50 in their beards, criminals...
hahaah i laugh tire for this ur comment

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by uchwar1: 7:58pm On Apr 07, 2016
Nathe11:
or might just be a male with a female moniker
then I will arrange a gay for him
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by charlsecy(m): 8:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
boolet:
hence comes shaving which would pose chopping off heads as a tougher task.
Struggling hard to understanding the relationship between shaving of facial hair and beheadment!

Hysmady:
Even Jesus grew beards like sadam ussein!
When? Which Jesus? You mean the artwork?

agongajoseph:
But Ojukwu bin get Guru Mahara ji bear bear
djraymy:
why ojukwu no dey shave?
Maybe, it's allowed back then, or he's retired when the picture was taken.

kokomilala:
It's norm universal...
lyterydim:
It's not only in nigeria it's a code for all force in the globe....so stop hinting on nigeria
sauceny:
Not just Nigeria,but other security institution around the world does same.
Not really. For example, in India, Sikhs are allowed to wear beards. Iran and Pakistan also allow it somewhat. However, GENERALLY, force men around the world are close shaven.
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 07, 2016
Smellymouth:

These tummies are massive! : The first picture comes in all the way from the Osogbo City Stadium.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by olayinka63: 8:27pm On Apr 07, 2016
Toosure70:
is one of their useless and meaningless identity
So it has no meaning when the greatest scientists has beard. The likes of Newton, Maxwell, Einstein, Galileo and others. What of the like prophet that has beard like the claimed picture of Jesus, Abraham, Joseph etc. Think very well there is meaning in meaningless.
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by fatiuabdulmalik: 8:51pm On Apr 07, 2016
so uniform personnel are not on nairaland to shed light on this issue abi they don't even know why they don't keep beard.

Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by newheartub(m): 9:46pm On Apr 07, 2016
drmikeadams:
?.while the Nigeria police uniform is dirty.....clean beard,dirty clothes and worn out shoes...plus filthy character. grin
Because government provide above mentioned to them every year except beard
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by GenAnsahCinC: 10:15pm On Apr 07, 2016
some Indian soldiers grow beards. former Nigerian chief of army staff Lt Gen minimah 's son is a cadet of 64RC NDA and he keeps beards
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by IYANGBALI: 10:28pm On Apr 07, 2016
Virginkpekus:
I think it's probably for the same reason that makes me shave my kpekus!!
are you a marketer?

How market today?
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by Lawmosh(m): 11:00pm On Apr 07, 2016
greatbrian:
Anyway beard z allowed in the navy sha.... Buh in other arms of service it's not...... Don't know y we met it DAT way and it became a tradition.......... In Mogadishu drill instructor voice... OH MY MAMA. SHAVE DAT BEAR BEAR OH MY GRANDMAMA SHAVE DAT MOSTACHE. God bless NDA God bless Nigeria army
who are you?
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 07, 2016
charlsecy:
Struggling hard to understanding the relationship between shaving of facial hair and beheadment!

When? Which Jesus? You mean the artwork?

Maybe, it's allowed back then, or he's retired when the picture was taken.

Not really. For example, in India, Sikhs are allowed to wear beards. Iran and Pakistan also allow it somewhat. However, GENERALLY, force men around the world are close shaven.

Ojukwu wasn't retired when he had that forest all over his face, I have a clip before the civil war when he was still a serving officer with d Nigerian army
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
Lawmosh:
who are you?
very true, beard is allowed in the Nigerian Navy.
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by remigiusizunna(m): 11:19pm On Apr 07, 2016
IVORY2009:
Reasons, for them to be neat, in carrying out their duties.
How neat re they then?
I think its 4 the thing not to scratch and distract them on duty. Shkinah
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by greatbrian(m): 11:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
Lawmosh:
who are you?
Kai are u bastard? And u r expecting me to reply DAT.....?.?? Haba
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by ogunronbi18(m): 11:58pm On Apr 07, 2016
It was the order given for dem.......
the reasons is that it make them look decent/polite and good appearance, not that of hooligan.
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by VajanahDischaj(f): 12:29am On Apr 08, 2016
- number one, to look decent and smart. that's the aim
-two, to make every one of them be uniform. yeah, it's a team work, one person's act is everyone's act. it makes every unique person difficult to spot out during the course of their assignments. it's a risky job
-just like I said above, it's a uniform job. the same reason tattoos ain't allowed.

@op, I actually thought of this topic yesterday, and it's a coincidence I see you ask same question here.
Re: Reasons Why Police & Military Shave Their Beards by Lawmosh(m): 5:55am On Apr 08, 2016
greatbrian:

Kai are u bastard? And u r expecting me to reply DAT.....?.?? Haba
chaii!!, u dey vex me and I am suspecting u to be a Dalet jikarpa clown. Don't worry the arm of bars will definitely get you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sowore Blasts Kelechi Iheanacho For Visiting Governor Yahaya Bello (Photos) / Police Nab 17 Sacks Containing APC Thumb-printed Ballots In Kano / See Orji Kalu’s New Look After Undergoing Surgery In Germany (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.