Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows (24010 Views)

The Four Plane Hijackers Of Nigeria / “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors / Buhari Treating Our Members As Criminals –PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by DesChyko: 1:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Execution Of Nnamdi Kanu by Buhari would mean restoration of common sense and sanity to the people of South East! That alone to me scores him above 70% in governance..

The question now is, in the face of over 20 million South-Easterners , who are you?
You see, the fact that we have a brain capable of handling our thought processes tends to mislead us into exaggerating our importance or influence in the society at large.

If only you know how barbaric your submissions are, you'll perhaps switch allegiance to North Korea.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by IVORY2009(m): 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
menix:
Abeg when next the IPOB militant start recruitment, make person holla me.

They don start ooo, rip in advance, u here...

1 Like

Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by psquaret: 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
i have been warning you guys that this Mr president is once a General who went to war dont dear him he will do it again

1 Like

Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 03, 2016
grin
Lordave:
They should kill them all? Even when it's obvious it wasn't the so called IPOB hijacked the ship?

This inciting comments you guys make on Nairaland trying to rope in the military into killing Igbo protesters, I hope the mods are seeing them because we might actually first read your 'Gone So Soon' on nairaland before any protester.
grin
Lordave:
They should kill them all? Even when it's obvious it wasn't the so called IPOB hijacked the ship?

This inciting comments you guys make on Nairaland trying to rope in the military into killing Igbo protesters, I hope the mods are seeing them because we might actually first read your 'Gone So Soon' on nairaland before any protester.
Y are u so pained?

2 Likes

Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 03, 2016
lexxyrule:

I remember a saying from a friend of mine that "America will never dialogue with an individual associated with crime or pay ransome to any". I bet they made it clear enough that thier people understand it and won't use threat to force their government into bending judgment in thier favour.

It's high time the government start taking responsibility and do what needs to be done. No mercy will be the solution.

All criminals found guilty should be dealt with

If Nigeria = America, Then there will be no need for secession, no need for criminality, no need for piracy or bombing of Oil Structures..

Since America is a civilized country where things are done in a democratic way, The Law is Right..

Nigeria is a messed-up state.. Where the ruling body cares for nobody.. These Oil producing states in other countries live good, because the Government provides them with what they lack..

3 Likes

Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by Swizdoe(m): 1:30pm On Feb 03, 2016
Politics in naija will only drive you crazy... I see no change.

click on my signature... strictly for optimists
Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by shamecurls(m): 1:30pm On Feb 03, 2016
Coffin marketers be celebrating in advance......

1 Like

Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by Iykopee(m): 1:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
The zoo doesnt have formidable military force... Those NA personel are better used for road side traffic control...

1 Like

Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by Nairadays: 1:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
Most of you ipob touts are illiterates I swear. lolx so in your myopic mind, you think the Nigeria military can't deal with ipob terrorists, militancy, boko boys and shiites at the same time? Do you even know that the army is grouped into different divisions?
Currently, DIV 3 of the Nigeria army are the only army personnels battling boko boys in NE( about a little percentage of DIV 3). And the army have about 8 divisions. lolx

Tell them; the Army have not even tapped into the 1st and 2nd Divisions.

Hierarchically, it is organized into the army headquarters, divisions, brigades, battalions / regiments, companies, platoons and sections. A division is a combined-arms organization with 7,000-22,000 military personnel commanded by a major general. It includes minimum of 2 brigadesas manuver elements, an artillery brigade, a division signals and other supporting elements. A brigade is an organization of units, 3 battalions and other support elements. A battalion is a reasonably self sufficient unit. It is the basic unit for combat and support of an army. A platoon consists of 3 sections and commanded by a lieutenant or captain. A section is an organization larger than a squad and smaller than a platoon. The divisions operate combined arms force structures with complements of combat support and combat support services. Each is designed to operate either on its own in special operations or conventionally jointly with the 2 other Services.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/nigeria/army-orbat.htm

1 Like

Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by emerged01(m): 1:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
This is getting out of hands.
Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by M4gunners: 1:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
They should deal with boko haram finish first.
Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by soldierdollar(m): 1:37pm On Feb 03, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
IPOB Youths Don Buy Market... grin cheesy

Please Kill 'em All! They never wished Nigeria-Their Country) well, afterall!

Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by DrChukzy(m): 1:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Execution Of Nnamdi Kanu by Buhari would mean restoration of common sense and sanity to the people of South East! That alone to me scores him above 70% in governance..
Kid, Its obvious you havent experienced what is called WAR. U better start praying for peace.
Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by soldierdollar(m): 1:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

You'll wait forever grin
Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Is that your own definition of a solution People should be killed for seeking secession in a democracy

Are you Ok at all
who among dem are d reasonable people seeking 4 secession?...all i can see are just miscreants who dnt ave anytin gud to offer 2 d country at large...

1 Like

Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by lexxyrule(m): 1:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
Djangocode:

If Nigeria = America, Then there will be no need for secession, no need for criminality, no need for piracy or bombing of Oil Structures..

Since America is a civilized country where things are done in a democratic way, The Law is Right..

Nigeria is a messed-up state.. Where the ruling body cares for nobody.. These Oil producing states in other countries live good, because the Government provides them with what they lack..

I get your point, and I love the way you think. But America didn't start that way. It's always one step at a time. We need to start now, if we are to attain such heighten success.

There's no limit to what we can achieve, but that'll come with pains and sacrifices

2 Likes

Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
Biafra101:
Nigerian army... Which army oh the one that ran away from niger delta or the ones that rely on america for weapons.... Keep calm joor..... Oya kill nnamdi and see what Nigeria would look like.... I pity all of us..... Na we be Nigeria...... HATE IT OR LOVE IT
chest beater spotted...na only to come social media dey make mouth una sabi,ntin else....
Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by DrChukzy(m): 1:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
Most of you ipob touts are illiterates I swear. lolx so in your myopic mind, you think the Nigeria military can't deal with ipob terrorists, militancy, boko boys and shiites at the same time? Do you even know that the army is grouped into different divisions?
Currently, DIV 3 of the Nigeria army are the only army personnels battling boko boys in NE( about a little percentage of DIV 3). And the army have about 8 divisions. lolx
You can lie o. Whats holding the FG and NA from unleashing war at them and rescue d Chibok girls? Shebi na Maduguri dem bomb last, wey the other yeye divisions? Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
Emekamex:

I thought you guys made it clear that SE is landlocked, how did we manage to capture a vessel then?
What is dis one saying?...i dnt even undastand..
Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by DrChukzy(m): 1:46pm On Feb 03, 2016
Disaino:
chest beater spotted...na only to come social media dey make mouth una sabi,ntin else....
Na ur eye e go happen. When you will start running unclad up and down due to crises.
Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by Okies27(m): 1:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
The Defence Headquarters on Tuesday vowed that some suspected Pro-Biafran militants, who hijacked a merchant vessel off the coast of Nigeria on Friday would be treated as criminals and saboteurs.

The ship, believed to be an oil tanker, was said to have been hijacked by some militants, who issued a 31-day ultimatum to the Federal Government to release the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu.

While some maritime industry sources claimed that the vessel was an oil tanker seized about 160 kilometres off the Bakassi Peninsula near the border with Cameroon, the Defence Headquarters told the The PUNCH on Tuesday that the ship was seized about 7.5 nautical miles off the Port of Cotonou.

The suspected pro-Biafran militants had hijacked the foreign merchant ship and threatened to blow it up with its crew if the Federal Government failed to release Kanu.

It was learnt that the 31-day ultimatum by the militants was given at the weekend by one ‘General Ben.’

Kanu is being prosecuted by the Department of State Services for running an illegal organisation (IPOB), threatening to break away from Nigeria to create an independent country; importing radio transmitters and making inciting and seditious statements, while his co-accused persons had been charged with possession of firearms.

Defence sources, who claimed knowledge of the hijacking on Tuesday, explained that the operatives of the Nigerian Navy were on the trail of the captured vessel and the hijackers.

One of the sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the hijackers had threatened to blow up the ship and its crew members if the government refused to release Kanu, who is currently being detained and undergoing prosecution for treasonable felony, after 31 days.

The Director of Defence Information, Brig. Gen. Rabe Abubakar, confirmed on Tuesday that some militants hijacked a vessel on Friday off the Nigerian coast, but threatened that the military would deal decisively with those he called criminals and saboteurs.

He said the vessel, named MT LEON DIAS, was hijacked outside Nigeria’s territorial waters about 7.5 nautical miles off the Port of Cotonou, adding that the vessel was under the watch of the Navy of Benin Republic.

Abubakar added, “Well, I can confirm to you that a vessel, a tanker with the name MT LEON DIAS with number 9279927, was hijacked 7.5 nautical miles off Cotonou port. The ship is presently in Benin Republic. It is a merchant ship.

“I must add that on this issue of militancy, there are no more militants now, what we have are criminals. The Amnesty programme has taken care of the militants.

“The military will treat those behind such acts as criminal and saboteurs; the law will take its course; the security agencies will do their job.

“The country’s interest is above any other person’s interest. We have to work towards the enthronement of peace and stability because development can only take place in an atmosphere of peace.”

He said the military would treat those behind such crimes in the nation’s maritime domain as criminals and saboteurs.

Abubakar admitted that there “were some sort of threats,” but he was not specific on the 31-day ultimatum issued by the hijackers.

A Bulgarian-based Maritime News had said, “The group boarded the tanker from two fast boats and took control of the vessel and locked the crew in the mess room before heading for the Niger Delta,” reports AP.

A factional leader of the Movement for the Actualisation of a Sovereign State of Biafra, Uchenna Madu, had also explained that the said ‘General Ben’ was one of the Niger Delta militants, who had volunteered to join forces with the secessionists groups.

“Ben is not a separatist but some Niger Delta militants have shown interest in working with us,” said Madu.

http://www.punchng.com/well-treat-pro-biafran-ship-hijackers-as-criminals-military/
. I hope they are already treating fulani herdsmen as criminals. They can't treat people who maim and kill as criminals but wants to treat people who pose no threat to citizens as criminals. Misplaced priorities.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by DrChukzy(m): 1:50pm On Feb 03, 2016
Disaino:
who among dem are d reasonable people seeking 4 secession?...all i can see are just miscreants who dnt ave anytin gud to offer 2 d country at large...
Disaino:
Na ur eye e go happen. When you will start running unclad up and down due to crises.
Disaino:
You that has something good to offer, hope you and Buhari have started negotiating? Mtcheew
Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by TheFreeOne: 1:51pm On Feb 03, 2016
Disaino:

Why call them miscreants?

A reasonable govt will use diplomacy in handling such situations to ensure it doesn't get out of hand considering present situation of the country.
Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by famzynet: 1:51pm On Feb 03, 2016
Nigeria,creating terrorists instead of providing jobs for youths. Buhari is obviously a confused president.

1 Like

Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by inri: 1:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
kill who?
Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by truthspeaks: 1:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
Na so so mouth una get. Go finish off boko haram n I ll believe u nt dis propaganda n 'we will"
NgeneUkwenu:
The Defence Headquarters on Tuesday vowed that some suspected Pro-Biafran militants, who hijacked a merchant vessel off the coast of Nigeria on Friday would be treated as criminals and saboteurs.

The ship, believed to be an oil tanker, was said to have been hijacked by some militants, who issued a 31-day ultimatum to the Federal Government to release the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu.

While some maritime industry sources claimed that the vessel was an oil tanker seized about 160 kilometres off the Bakassi Peninsula near the border with Cameroon, the Defence Headquarters told the The PUNCH on Tuesday that the ship was seized about 7.5 nautical miles off the Port of Cotonou.

The suspected pro-Biafran militants had hijacked the foreign merchant ship and threatened to blow it up with its crew if the Federal Government failed to release Kanu.

It was learnt that the 31-day ultimatum by the militants was given at the weekend by one ‘General Ben.’

Kanu is being prosecuted by the Department of State Services for running an illegal organisation (IPOB), threatening to break away from Nigeria to create an independent country; importing radio transmitters and making inciting and seditious statements, while his co-accused persons had been charged with possession of firearms.

Defence sources, who claimed knowledge of the hijacking on Tuesday, explained that the operatives of the Nigerian Navy were on the trail of the captured vessel and the hijackers.

One of the sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the hijackers had threatened to blow up the ship and its crew members if the government refused to release Kanu, who is currently being detained and undergoing prosecution for treasonable felony, after 31 days.

The Director of Defence Information, Brig. Gen. Rabe Abubakar, confirmed on Tuesday that some militants hijacked a vessel on Friday off the Nigerian coast, but threatened that the military would deal decisively with those he called criminals and saboteurs.

He said the vessel, named MT LEON DIAS, was hijacked outside Nigeria’s territorial waters about 7.5 nautical miles off the Port of Cotonou, adding that the vessel was under the watch of the Navy of Benin Republic.

Abubakar added, “Well, I can confirm to you that a vessel, a tanker with the name MT LEON DIAS with number 9279927, was hijacked 7.5 nautical miles off Cotonou port. The ship is presently in Benin Republic. It is a merchant ship.

“I must add that on this issue of militancy, there are no more militants now, what we have are criminals. The Amnesty programme has taken care of the militants.

“The military will treat those behind such acts as criminal and saboteurs; the law will take its course; the security agencies will do their job.

“The country’s interest is above any other person’s interest. We have to work towards the enthronement of peace and stability because development can only take place in an atmosphere of peace.”

He said the military would treat those behind such crimes in the nation’s maritime domain as criminals and saboteurs.

Abubakar admitted that there “were some sort of threats,” but he was not specific on the 31-day ultimatum issued by the hijackers.

A Bulgarian-based Maritime News had said, “The group boarded the tanker from two fast boats and took control of the vessel and locked the crew in the mess room before heading for the Niger Delta,” reports AP.

A factional leader of the Movement for the Actualisation of a Sovereign State of Biafra, Uchenna Madu, had also explained that the said ‘General Ben’ was one of the Niger Delta militants, who had volunteered to join forces with the secessionists groups.

“Ben is not a separatist but some Niger Delta militants have shown interest in working with us,” said Madu.

http://www.punchng.com/well-treat-pro-biafran-ship-hijackers-as-criminals-military/
Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
lexxyrule:

I get your point, and I love the way you think. But America didn't start that way. It's always one step at a time. We need to start now, if we are to attain such heighten success.

There's no limit to what we can achieve, but that'll come with pains and sacrifices

Well, i guess you are right bro..

Lets Hope for the Best..
Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
DrChukzy:
abegi,make i hear word....everytym ultimatum,yet ntin go happen...ivere na so gi,,ne zuzuari e nu go....
Re: We Will Treat Pro-biafran Ship Hijackers As Criminals: Nigerian Military Vows by DrChukzy(m): 2:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
Disaino:
abegi,make i hear word....everytym ultimatum,yet ntin go happen...ivere na so gi,,ne zuzuari e nu go....
ivere na so gi...waris this one saying for God sake? Wait and see what will happen now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Recent Supreme Court Judgements - International Embarrassment / Buhari Arrives Abuja After UN General Assemby In New York / DSS Denies Cash, PVCs Were Found In Lawal Daura's Abuja And Kastina Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.