Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,803 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean (59724 Views)

How The Crashed Bristow Helicopter Was Transported To Lagos (photos) / Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA / Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by toprealman: 1:04am On Feb 06, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:
Excuse me, but are you celebrating a shitty pilot?

She crashed.

She failed at what she is paid to do

Now you guys are celebrating her shitty skills
you won't understand.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by banmee(m): 1:07am On Feb 06, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

She crashed.

Seriously? So because the aircraft she was piloting crashed, she has failed as a pilot. What planet do you guys come from? how do your brains function. So many questions. Have you ever heard of technical error? A lot of the reasons aircrafts crash is mostly because of other peoples negligence.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Nobody: 1:11am On Feb 06, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

She crashed.

I understand your opinion but I know that you're wrong. She was extremely successful at doing what she was paid to do. Safety of her passengers is number one priority of a Pilot.

I am very proud of this aviator because any landing that you walk away from is a good landing.

She saved all souls on board by using her great piloting skills. Every single soul on board owe there life to her and should be grateful.

You should educate yourself on causes of Helicopter crashes around the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqXGU573eXc

1 Like

Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by ReachHard: 1:16am On Feb 06, 2016
Na wah ooo, these Bristow pipu no go kee us
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by kliverpool(m): 2:59am On Feb 06, 2016
Similar thing happen in US when a aircraft landed in Hudson River it was shown live on CNN.The pilot is a hero for Using his head and acted fast.One big company used the incident as advert showing the face of the pilot in it. It might be luck but if she is not smart she will panic and make a bad decision. I read most comment here and I am very sad.No politician or any news station has talk about this lady. We celebrate rubbish,if it's some pple trekking from one part of the country to the other they will be celebrated. She should be celebrated pls.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by totorimi: 4:03am On Feb 06, 2016
The mere fact that every passenger on board survived indicates that she is capable and dependable hand in the cockpit.

It was a man who flew the previous one that crashed and killed some people.
In a nation where everything is being managed due poor economy. Highly complex technology like helicopters that require detailed a thorough maintenance that comes at huge cost will most certainly be compromised.

Its just the way we are. That minister of aviation I hope he does understand the job he has taken on and sharpen up his thinking cap. This sector is not a case of clutching his hands behind his back and mopping around like a zombie. He hasn't got all the time because delay can come at a very huge cost.

1 Like

Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by FabioPeter: 5:23am On Feb 06, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

She crashed.

She ditched it. You are made to take a safety induction briefing each time you use the chopper, this is so because there is a chance the chopper develops a problem and the pilot ditch.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by kfrosh: 5:51am On Feb 06, 2016
Receive sense IJN
GworoChewinMaga:

She crashed.

Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Amother4life: 5:51am On Feb 06, 2016
She is not the first female helicopter pilot. Why do people spread false information in this country? Ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by rodbel(m): 6:00am On Feb 06, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

She crashed.

Oh please, she is to be celebrated. If you have ever been in a helo before you would know that the skills she put into guiding that bird safely on water is what saved her life and that of the passengers.

We should thank God for guiding her right.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Stemkay: 6:08am On Feb 06, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

She crashed.

What if it's d helicopter that develop fault, does that make her shitty pilot?
Don't you make mistakes in your place of work? Does that makes u a shitty person?

Mind u, no one is perfect but God almighty.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by omogidi234(m): 6:10am On Feb 06, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

She crashed.

Fine she crashed but the passengers on board didn't die. I really do not think people are celebrating her because she crashed that expensive aircraft but that no one died aboard. If at least she cannot take them to their destination, she should be able to leave them alive. I am very close to one of their senior pilots. He told me that once you experience technical/mechanical issues up there, you have just seconds to think on what to do. He sad if you took a right decision at the right seconds- in shot split seconds like the OP said, he said the probability that passengers would be secured is high. Even though the chopper crashed, I want to believe she took the right the decision at the right seconds. We thank God for sending help to them as well.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Stemkay: 6:13am On Feb 06, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

She was too busy applying her makeup when she was supposed to do a simple pre flight check

Only engine oil pressure can lead to a helicopter engine burning out

And this is something she ought to have notice before take off or a few minutes into flight.

If not, then she probably burned the engine by applying too much thrust.

She belongs in the kitchen like every other woman.

Please visit synagogue for deliverance.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by FADEO: 6:17am On Feb 06, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

She crashed.

Baba no talk like that nah.... She made a good decision. If na man, he will want to take the chopper to shore and might kill every one on board.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by subnormal: 6:25am On Feb 06, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

She crashed.

No sir, she discovered a fault and decided to do a controlled ditch while she still had power.... If she had waited, the chopper may have crashed ....resulting in multiple fatality
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by correctyourself(m): 6:48am On Feb 06, 2016
Pidggin:
Great! What a man can do, a woman can do better.

Thanks for this OP

You make me loughed this morning! Is it when the helicopter ditch into the river such language should be used? Lozzz hhmmm women promoting their selves in any circumstances. Lozzz
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by iguita: 7:03am On Feb 06, 2016
And do you remember something called mechanical fault? Why hip the blame on her when you are yet to know the cause of the crash?
GworoChewinMaga:

She crashed.

Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by GworoChewinMaga: 7:08am On Feb 06, 2016
iguita:
And do you remember something called mechanical fault? Why hip the blame on her when you are yet to know the cause of the crash?

I was trolling

But that doesn't mean women don't belong in the kitchen

1 Like

Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by cardoctor(m): 7:45am On Feb 06, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

Women belong in the kitchen.

See Hajiya Merkel for reference

Do people still make comments like this in the 21st century?
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by GworoChewinMaga: 7:49am On Feb 06, 2016
cardoctor:

Do people still make comments like this in the 21st century?

The Caliphate is rising
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by opia12345: 7:51am On Feb 06, 2016
Let them go and watch flight, dezel washington, even if it was her fault for not checking thorougly, she still saved the lives of those involved, which is professional... Moreover ,checking alone doesnt guarantee safety. Shio to haters, for her to fly that thing mehn, kudos

EbolaParasite:

I doubt he served anywhere. Afghanistan ko, Islamabad ni. This is the internet and people develop muscles behind their anonymity.
He's obviously just trying to make chatter because everyone knows that you don't blame ANYONE until after the investigations.
For now, what we know is that SHE and her CO-PILOT saved the LIVES of everyone aboard. That is good enough for me and for that I FREAKN APPLAUD HER.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by zheroes(m): 7:56am On Feb 06, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

She crashed.

is she GOD!!! Anything made by man can fail, so keep your hate
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by shindarayo(f): 8:18am On Feb 06, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

She crashed.

receive sense in jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by josite: 8:38am On Feb 06, 2016
nairaland should exercise some discretion,how does putting this lady picture here helps her career.sooner or later this nairaland will get into troubles she cant afford if they continue like this.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by cc150615(f): 9:00am On Feb 06, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

She was too busy applying her makeup when she was supposed to do a simple pre flight check

Only engine oil pressure can lead to a helicopter engine burning out

And this is something she ought to have notice before take off or a few minutes into flight.

If not, then she probably burned the engine by applying too much thrust.

She belongs in the kitchen like every other woman.
Bad belle, you're obviously intimidated
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Papasland21: 9:02am On Feb 06, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

She crashed.

Did u take your time to read d story ? or you did not even understand d write up, why don't u get someone to interpret before sending ur comment.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by justwise(m): 9:35am On Feb 06, 2016
josite:
nairaland should exercise some discretion,how does putting this lady picture here helps her career.sooner or later this nairaland will get into troubles she cant afford if they continue like this.

What exactly are you going on about? What is wrong with putting up her picture here?
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Reference(m): 10:10am On Feb 06, 2016
Hmmm......how many times are we going to hear about 'Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Pilot' If I'm not mistaken I've been hearing sorts since the 90's.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Reference(m): 10:20am On Feb 06, 2016
TeOwl:
what was the cause of the crash?

Engine failure. The details are yet determined. It is only engine failure that can make a chopper land safely. Most other things that can go wrong do not end well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 Facts About Nnewi The Nigerian Village With The Most Billionaires / FRSC Officials Return N27M Recovered After Deaths Of 8 Edo Indigenes. PICS / "Ladies Now Offering Sex To Uber/Taxify Drivers As Payment"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.