Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,382 members, 7,812,125 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean (59661 Views)

How The Crashed Bristow Helicopter Was Transported To Lagos (photos) / Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA / Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by GworoChewinMaga: 11:36pm On Feb 05, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

If I'm your captain and as my first officer I show you two those two pictures, are you going to be telling me this thrash?

Strong Tail /head winds at cruising levels

Is that what you want to hear?

Capitan
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Boeing777pilot: 11:37pm On Feb 05, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

Assuming JFK-LHR

Jet stream at Flt level 340 [34,000ft] gust speeds averaging 150KTS.

Embeded CB clouds over the Atlantic tops 28, 000ft. 60E 30N

You are spewing thrash. Pure thrash.
You still have not said any useful thing about the pictures.

You are just confusing your self with terms you know nothing about. What's my fvuking business with JFK - LHR is that what is on the map? angry shocked
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Boeing777pilot: 11:39pm On Feb 05, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

Strong Tail /head winds at cruising levels

Is that what you want to hear?

Capitan

Strong tail and head winds where?

grin

Make una come see pilot with 5000 hours that can't Interpret elementary maps.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by GworoChewinMaga: 11:39pm On Feb 05, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

You are spewing thrash. Pure thrash.
You still have not said any useful thing about the pictures.

You are just confusing your self with terms you know nothing about. What's my fvuking business with JFK - LHR is that what is on the map? angry shocked

OK oga captain

I told you we should expect strong tail/head/cross winds at high levels depending on our flight path.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by GworoChewinMaga: 11:40pm On Feb 05, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

Strong tail and head winds where?

grin

Make una come see pilot with 5000 that can't Interpret elementary maps.

Sharap.

You know nothing

The only significant feature on that chart is the jet streams at cryising levels
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Boeing777pilot: 11:40pm On Feb 05, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

OK oga captain

I told you we should expect strong tail/head/cross winds at high levels depending on our flight path.

You are not a pilot my guy.
No wonder you were spewing thrash earlier on.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Whirly: 11:41pm On Feb 05, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

I have posted a few pictures for him to explain.
Surely an aviator with 5000 hours in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan shouldn't have issues with them.

A supposed helicopter pilot with 5000 hours thinks a you reduce "thrust' to 60 and "stall engine" in an autorotation.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by GworoChewinMaga: 11:42pm On Feb 05, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

You are not a pilot my guy.
No wonder you were spewing thrash earlier on.

There is no significant feature on the wx chart other than jet streams which may significantly affect fuel consumption
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Boeing777pilot: 11:43pm On Feb 05, 2016
Whirly:

A supposed helicopter pilot with 5000 hours thinks a you reduce "thrust' to 60 and "stall engine" in an autorotation.

Dude wants to get himself killed.

Stall an engine cry
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by GworoChewinMaga: 11:46pm On Feb 05, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

Dude wants to get himself killed.

Stall an engine cry

A 20 tonne beast needs gravity to land.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Boeing777pilot: 11:46pm On Feb 05, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

There is no significant feature on the wx chart other than jet streams which may significantly affect fuel consumption

You are talking off point, cvvr on the map means what?
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by GworoChewinMaga: 11:48pm On Feb 05, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

Icao call sign vancouver airport
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Whirly: 11:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

Just quit spilling trash and stick to your hollywood movies.

1 Like

Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by GworoChewinMaga: 11:50pm On Feb 05, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

Anything else?

Coffee? Or tea?

grin
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by GworoChewinMaga: 11:50pm On Feb 05, 2016
Whirly:

Just quit spilling trash and stick to your hollywood movies.

Try and get that remote control off your ass.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Boeing777pilot: 11:53pm On Feb 05, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

Icao call sign vancouver airport

Ode!!

That's the point at which North American ATC hand over control of the aircraft to European ATC
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by xavier3(m): 11:54pm On Feb 05, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

Gworo abeg go sleep....you no get yarns
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Whirly: 11:54pm On Feb 05, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

Try and get that remote control off your ass.

Go get a brain dumbo. Take your meds while at it.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by GworoChewinMaga: 11:55pm On Feb 05, 2016
Whirly:

Go get a brain dumbo. Take your meds while at it.

I bet you, you will feel better without that remote control up your ass.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by fsb(m): 11:56pm On Feb 05, 2016
With the poor quality of tertiary education in Nigeria, it's no wonder our so-called journalists cannot report news correctly. It's either that or they prefer to repackage the news to sell their papers.

I think there is a huge difference between a controlled ditch and a crash.

The pilot followed her training and took the right decision that saved the life of everyone on board the craft. This helicopter is designed to land on water and the pilots are trained to do so as part of the job.

Nigerian journalists should stop misleading people with erroneous headlines. They should spend their time on real investigative journalism and not manipulation of news to sell their stories.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by GworoChewinMaga: 11:57pm On Feb 05, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

Ode!!

That's the point at which North American ATC hand over control of the aircraft to European ATC

I don't do taxi service
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Whirly: 11:58pm On Feb 05, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

I bet you, you will feel better without that remote control up your ass.

And you will feel human with a brain. Even a small zika virused brain would do the work.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Boeing777pilot: 11:58pm On Feb 05, 2016
GworoChewinMaga

What can you tell us just by looking at the radar screen?

Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by GworoChewinMaga: 11:58pm On Feb 05, 2016
Whirly:

And you will feel human with a brain. Even a small zika virused brain would do the work.

How old are you?
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by GworoChewinMaga: 12:00am On Feb 06, 2016
Boeing777pilot:
GworoChewinMaga

You are on ground
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Whirly: 12:04am On Feb 06, 2016
fsb:

Nigerian journalists should stop misleading people with erroneous headlines. They should spend their time on real investigative journalism and not manipulation of news to sell their stories.

Nigerians in general don't read. A lil research by the journalists would reveal the fact you have stated. The aircraft is designed to make a precautionary/emergency landing on water, that is why it is equipped with floats and inflatable life rafts. The pilots and passengers are also prepared for this through compulsory HUET (helicopter underwater egress training) and they wear life jackets on every flight.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Whirly: 12:04am On Feb 06, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

How old are you?

Old enough to smack you upside the head.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by GworoChewinMaga: 12:06am On Feb 06, 2016
Whirly:

Old enough to smack you upside the head.

Which timezone are you?

Because it seems you are way past your bed time
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Boeing777pilot: 12:09am On Feb 06, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

You are on ground

I appreciate the fact that you appear an aviation enthusiast but the truth is coming to claim you are a combat pilot with 5000 hours, is simply a figment of your fertile imagination.

A look at the picture next to the radar will tell you the actual altitude of the aircraft.

From the radar, those red spots are volcanoes, hence the aircraft is not flying through it but rather circumventing it at a very high altitude.

You are not a pilot.
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Whirly: 12:10am On Feb 06, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

Which timezone are you?

Because it seems you are way past your bed time

Humor dint work, now you are trying to be childish.

Just stay away from any aviation post. If you come to spill rubbish on any aviation post id come for your ar$e. Id pop cap in yo ass couz

1 Like

Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by margclever: 12:12am On Feb 06, 2016
Boeing777pilot:
GworoChewinMaga

those of us wey no be pilot see say e fail ur first exam, u wan give am another one abeg me i no be blind supporter, i however believe we have d right to air our opinion
Re: Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean by Whirly: 12:12am On Feb 06, 2016
Boeing777pilot can you imagine the clown. trying to make real aviators look bad. AC on the ground my sweet ....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Ladies Now Offering Sex To Uber/Taxify Drivers As Payment" / Professor Peter Maidoki And His Wife Die In Motor Accident (Graphic Photos) / COVID-19: Niger Turns Back Trailer Load Of Lagos Returnees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.