Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) (66229 Views)

Maryam Mairo Tambuwal Visits Ancestral Home Of Her Husband In Sokoto / Tambuwal Weds Mairo-Mustapha As Second Wife In Kano / Aminu Tambuwal And Wife, Maryam Mairo Mustapha (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by erusen: 9:01am On Feb 06, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Im not interested in what you were, or what you had. Im very interested in the now and the future that lies ahead.

A northern governor boasted that the North had over 25million almajiri children and that is good enough to ensure the north is favoured in politics. He is myopic in thinking. 25million illiterate, mentally undeveloped persons is a burden on the north. One who thinks critically can see that clearly.

Those of us who believe we have nothing in common with the north either by language, religion or values are watching how the north is steadily transforming itself into one huge humanitarian crisis and will definitely jump ship and leave the north to attend to her self-inflicted problems.

The Niger Delta oil wether you like it or not belongs to the Niger delta aborigenes just as other mineral resources in the north belongs to northerners. The land use decree is the reason you can now argue with me. But do not bank on Nigeria being a single entity for long. Attend to your problems. You have a disaster waiting to happen.
I have always felt that the north is keeping Nigeria backward through overpopulation of illetracy,but I don't often speak out not to sound offensive
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by goshen26: 9:14am On Feb 06, 2016
70 virgins still awaits him...

Awon were
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 06, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
looool. So Nollywood is your standard? Interesting..

i was actually making the statement that people have the kind of attitude they have to polygamy, largely because of the ill information being churned out there in a nollywood controled by christians, whose mind have been shaped by the church and secular education firmly in the grip of feminism. The views and attitude of these people to polygamy isn't shaped by reason and fair debate.
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by HopeAtHand: 9:22am On Feb 06, 2016
erusen:
I have always felt that the north is keeping Nigeria backward through overpopulation of illetracy,but I don't often speak out not to sound offensive

The governor sounded like he was using his almajiri population to threaten southerners with perpetual subordination. What he failed to understand is that Nigeria is a country of several nations and every interest must be protected. Once other tribes have the feel that Nigeria is detrimental to their individual wellbeing, a petition will be sent to the UN and by all means necessary the attention of the UN must be drawn for a referendum. The North will therefore end up playing a fast one on itself.

At this time and age, issues like a split-up arent resolved through violence but by legal mechanisms and frameworks. Nigeria is not a secret cult, anyone is free to leave.

1 Like

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by erusen: 9:29am On Feb 06, 2016
HopeAtHand:

The governor sounded like he was using his almajiri population to threaten southerners with perpetual subordination. What he failed to understand is that Nigeria is a country of several nations and every interest must be protected. Once other tribes have the feel that Nigeria is detrimental to their individual wellbeing, a petition will be sent to the UN and by all means necessary the attention of the UN must be drawn for a referendum. The North will therefore end up playing a fast one on itself.

At this time and age, issues like a split-up arent resolved through violence but by legal mechanisms and frameworks. Nigeria is not a secret cult, anyone is free to leave.
if the north is left alone ehh,the way they are going to crumble will be spectacular, they are just dragging we southerners down,imagine a governor boasting about illiterate population, Nigeria needs a revolution

2 Likes

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by erusen: 9:37am On Feb 06, 2016
craziebone:

you said what you have said because you don't understand that institution, Polygamy.

In polygamy, he/she, although has another wife/husband, he/she is completely your wife/husband. In this way, the theory about christ and the church is still conserved.

That passage: "a man shall leave his...and two shall become one", is actually conserved in polygamy too. When you marry your other spouse, you are not a partial spouse, but a complete one. ALL THE LAWS, BOTH PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL, THAT ACCOMPANIES MARRIAGE, IS FULLY FULFILLED, ACCOMPLIED, RESPECTED, OBSERVED ETC.
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 06, 2016
erusen:
it is not I said what I said because I don't understand the institution, it is obvious u are a Muslim,trying to understand Christianity from a Muslim perspective is one of the fruitless things in life,I talk about the allegory of the Christ and the church and it relates to Christian marriage,being a Christian is not about the Bible it is all built on Christ.A born again Christian understand this concept better than both of us.it is liken to the relationship between Yahweh and the Israelite in the old testament.there is not polygamous about Christianity it is one of the core,u talk about it being conserved in polygamy well that maybe according to Islam not in Christianity don't confuse the two.one Christ ONE church,as simple as abc

lol. I AM NOT A MUSLIM! hope that sinks in.

And no, i know and understand the bible than i do any religious book. The point is, you can be a christian and still see things differently.

My arguement of the allegory of one christ one bride, still stands and has not being refuted by you. The point is: in polygamy, your spouse is completely your spouse and not partially one.

If you can think that one, two or more christians still make up the christian church such that if we separate two christians out of he larger congregation, they would still make up, not a partial church, but a full one, then i wonder why you are failing to understand the simple truth that in polygamy, though the husband or wife may have another spouse, he or she is COMPLETELY AND NOT PARTIALLY YOUR SPOUSE!!!
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by erusen: 9:53am On Feb 06, 2016
craziebone:

i was actually making the statement that people have the kind of attitude they have to polygamy, largely because of the ill information being churned out there in a nollywood controled by christians, whose mind have been shaped by the church and secular education firmly in the grip of feminism. The views and attitude of these people to polygamy isn't shaped by reason and fair debate.
who created nollywood,if you hate secular education why do u go to hospitals or even use a technological device because they invented through secular education,which fucking I'll informaton ,this is the 21 century,polygamy only has its place in islam,stop forcing it on us,create your own drama industry and stop saying rubbish,secular education is what this fucking continent obviously need,but u want to keep us stuck in here,and that remark again who's mind have shaped by the church is very offensive,keep ur Islam and ur polygamy to ur fucking sect,u say reason,how you encourage polygamy that breeads illetracy and in case u don't know Nigeria large mass cannot contain ur exploding population, just keep that in your mind
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by loshybab(m): 10:02am On Feb 06, 2016
effyzie01:

Sharp guy. Respect.

She's 37 and holds an MSc degree
@37,and people ar still referring the union to be paedophilic! It's really a sorry case.

.I think i wl concur wt d'person dt said we hv many educated illiterate in Naija. I wonder if it's'd'english dts confusing them or the undastandin of the word 'paedophile'.......
Meanwhile,how old is Tambuwal too sef?
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by 49cents(m): 10:03am On Feb 06, 2016
missKiffy:
He's a Muslim, so no surprise here

He is a human being as well

I don't understand the rationale of taking another wife; what happens to the love you shared with your first wife? How about her feelings?

Let's stop hiding under culture and religion to perpetuate wrong.

1 Like

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by 49cents(m): 10:13am On Feb 06, 2016
craziebone:

you said what you have said because you don't understand that institution, Polygamy.

In polygamy, he/she, although has another wife/husband, he/she is completely your wife/husband. In this way, the theory about christ and the church is still conserved.

That passage: "a man shall leave his...and two shall become one", is actually conserved in polygamy too. When you marry your other spouse, you are not a partial spouse, but a complete one. ALL THE LAWS, BOTH PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL, THAT ACCOMPANIES MARRIAGE, IS FULLY FULFILLED, ACCOMPLIED, RESPECTED, OBSERVED ETC.

You lean too much on your understanding and it's dangerous!

Faith is handed down to us to accept not to 'figure out' and propound our own brand of faith; that is why their a million doctrines in Christendom, whereas in rational thinking, Truth can only be ONE but you multiply it
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by loshybab(m): 10:16am On Feb 06, 2016
goshen26:
70 virgins still awaits him...

Awon were
This is absolutely one of the effects of JOBLESSNESS.

If u aint got a job,@least u cn get a book to read,browse etc to educate urslf instead of this gibberish u jst spewed!!!

The mofo wl quote me again oo #smh
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 06, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Im not interested in what you were, or what you had. Im very interested in the now and the future that lies ahead.

A northern governor boasted that the North had over 25million almajiri children and that is good enough to ensure the north is favoured in politics. He is myopic in thinking. 25million illiterate, mentally undeveloped persons is a burden on the north. One who thinks critically can see that clearly.

Those of us who believe we have nothing in common with the north either by language, religion or values are watching how the north is steadily transforming itself into one huge humanitarian crisis and will definitely jump ship and leave the north to attend to her self-inflicted problems.

The Niger Delta oil wether you like it or not belongs to the Niger delta aborigenes just as other mineral resources in the north belongs to northerners. The land use decree is the reason you can now argue with me. But do not bank on Nigeria being a single entity for long. Attend to your problems. You have a disaster waiting to happen.

you are still here argueing with me even after i pointed it out to you that you have no right to boast about a mineral you did not do any work to put in the ground. You also do not know what mechanism the machines used in the extraction of it works. I pointed all these out to you and instead of being ashamed, you are still here argueing with me.

I understand fully that the resources in a place fully belong to the inhabitants of that area, therefore the petroleum in the ND belong to the people of that area.

What i do not find very funny however, is the condescending way with which we speak about people in the north. The north is not lazy. They may be less educated than other parts of the country, but the are certainly not lazy. Let us not forget that the ND ranks very closely to the extreem north when it comes to poverty and illiteracy. Its just that they are not the focus most times.

I also agree the way many people go about polygamy in the north is not a very good way. But hey, that a problem with the individuals and not the institution of polygamy itself.
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by TBD(m): 10:29am On Feb 06, 2016
Anas4sure:
the dividend which Christian denied for themself
and they want us muslims to be like them when ask us to marry 4 wives but they will go and impregnate innocent girls, housemaid, church members sleeping around and will oppose add more wife.
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 06, 2016
erusen:

while i agree that one should have children according to what he or she can take care of, the whole way we paint the north black for having many kids is just not always right.

Nigeria is the largest economy in Africa today, not because of the oil we have, but the large population which makes our market attractive to investors providing consumer goods. Hope you know that shoprite, MTN etc wouldn't have taken us very seriously if we did not provide a possible 3times as large as the number of customers SA provides? And Nigeria rose to become the largest economy in Africa not because of growth in the oil sector, but because of growth in the service sector. In a way, our population is good. We should peak at 200 and stay there. That's my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by erusen: 10:37am On Feb 06, 2016
craziebone:

while i agree that one should have children according to what he or she can take care of, the whole way we paint the north black for having many kids is just not always right.

Nigeria is the largest economy in Africa today, not because of the oil we have, but the large population which makes our market attractive to investors providing consumer goods. Hope you know that shoprite, MTN etc wouldn't have taken us very seriously if we did not provide a possible 3times as large as the number of customers SA provides? And Nigeria rose to become the largest economy in Africa not because of growth in the oil sector, but because of growth in the service sector. In a way, our population is good. We should peak at 200 and stay there. That's my opinion.
at this point Nigeria is supposed to be the kings of Africa,we have the population but at this point we need to control it because our land mass will soon be unable to take it.but northeners see this as an attack on their religion,by 2050 if we continue imagine the hunger, overpopulation, illetracy
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by texybaby(f): 10:57am On Feb 06, 2016
Ahhh God help these men... marrying his daughters age mate na wetin he go do as gov for sokoto b dat abi? Kontinue!!!
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 06, 2016
erusen:
who created nollywood,if you hate secular education why do u go to hospitals or even use a technological device because they invented through secular education,which fucking I'll informaton ,this is the 21 century,polygamy only has its place in islam,stop forcing it on us,create your own drama industry and stop saying rubbish,secular education is what this fucking continent obviously need,but u want to keep us stuck in here,and that remark again who's mind have shaped by the church is very offensive,keep ur Islam and ur polygamy to ur fucking sect,u say reason,how you encourage polygamy that breeads illetracy and in case u don't know Nigeria large mass cannot contain ur exploding population, just keep that in your mind

lol. I DO NOT HATE SECULAR EDUCATION. From the look of things, you should have discovered or atleast suspected it that i am a huge fan of one and i agree with you that secular education is what this continent and especially Nigeria needs. At that point, we can begin to have a fair debate where the likes of you would not use religion (whatever that religion is) to blindly and poorly argue a point.

Actually, i am not the one forcing polygamy on anyone. I am merely ressponding to what i see as prejudice and wrong information being taught to people like you. If you truely like secualr education, why don't you imbibe one of its values which is reflected in you prefering a fair debate?

I am not going to say this anymore. I AM NOT A MUSLIM! You really think there aren't people in the church who definitely do not have a problem with polygamy even though they wouldn't do it?

And who told you polygamy has no place in 21st century? The fact that you see polygamy as a backward and unsophisticated social construct, only shows your lack of understanding of it.

Just to let you know that i've got reason to believe polygamy is still very relevant even in today's Nigeria, especially with the rising rate of spinsterhood among our women and the non readiness of some men to get married due to the poor economic situation. We are also living at a point in time when men and women are actively involved in work outside of the house. Some career ladies wouldn't mind it if they had a co-wife who is 'homely'. Not every one is anti-polygamy like you. There are women who wouldn't mind a co-wife. There are also men who wouldn't mind it either. If you don't want it, don't do it. If anyone wants to force you into it, i can give you my contact and iwill defend you in court free of charge.

Also, the reason i raised secular education is not so i could hate on it. But to point out that it has somehow being shaped by feminism, a movement which sees polygamy as a patriarchal construct to oppress women. Asking feminism about polygyny is like asking a woman for advice about a rival of hers. Polyandry exists, feminism doesn't seem to condemn it this goes further to show that we cannot trust a secular education shaped by feminism on matters of polygamy. Not all people who've acquired secular education is actually bias towards the feminist narative on polygamy, though. I am one of such.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by yayankainuwa: 11:25am On Feb 06, 2016
I can see these are some of the reasons why we have problem in Nigeria, why for God sake can't we tolerate each other? if a northern Muslim wishes to marry up to 4 so b it, why d castigation? that's his culture, his way of life, u don't expect him to behave like a Catholic frm d South. The highest level of civilisation is mutual respect n tolerance.

1 Like

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by Deepsky(m): 11:32am On Feb 06, 2016
If he likes let him marry his daughter,that's his business
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by Flashh: 11:36am On Feb 06, 2016
idris4r83:
do u know what a pedophile means? Check it up. Does d girl looks even like a teenager to u? Use your lenses if u have any.

Take a look at you. When a man is having affection to his daughter's agemate is a pedophile. Period!
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 06, 2016
49cents:

You lean too much on your understanding and it's dangerous!

Faith is handed down to us to accept not to 'figure out' and propound our own brand of faith; that is why their a million doctrines in Christendom, whereas in rational thinking, Truth can only be ONE but you multiply it

well, i have come to this point before when people tell me i lean too much on my knowledge and understanding, even though my knowledge and understanding is actually VERY VERY LIMITED.

To point something out, faith is not handed down SO THAT YU CAN ACCEPT. IT IS HANDED DOWN SO YOU COULD BELIEVE. there is a difference between the two and the fact that i can point it out to you, means you i also have this same rhema you guys claim to have.
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 06, 2016
tjfulloption:
Toh! Ubangije Allah ya bada zaman lafia, ya sa Albarka. congratulations to His&Her Excellencies.
Amin dan darajar annabi Muhammmad SAW
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 06, 2016
erusen:
at this point Nigeria is supposed to be the kings of Africa,we have the population but at this point we need to control it because our land mass will soon be unable to take it.but northeners see this as an attack on their religion,by 2050 if we continue imagine the hunger, overpopulation, illetracy

we are already kings in Africa in some respects. Lets be very fair to the country. I agree with you when you said we should control our population; that's why i said we should peak at 200 and lets stay there.

As it is now, our land mass can take up to 250million and there would still be land for other purpose. The last minister of Agriculture said there are millions of hectres of agricultural land that is not being farmed presently. This doesn't include the forest reserves and national parks. As it is now, what we need to do is to try to achieve greater yield per hectre and all the talks about feeding will be taken care of. If Indonesia can still feed its own people despite having a smaller land mass and higher population, and despite being plagued by natural disasters like the monsoon rains, Nigeria should not have a problem feeding its population even if it is 250. But for me, 200 is ok and wre should not go beyond that.

Also, with good housing policy, we should be able to solve the problem of shelter. All the bungalows being built in Abuja, a place that has a good basement rock, should not be what should be springing up there. Since they have good basement rocks, they should have focused on building highrise buildings instead of wasting the land by building the little bungalows they are now building.
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 06, 2016
texybaby:
Ahhh God help these men... marrying his daughters age mate na wetin he go do as gov for sokoto b dat abi? Kontinue!!!

you are honestly not going to say that a 37 year old woman could be Tambuwal's daughter, are you? Why don't you google his age?
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 06, 2016
yayankainuwa:
I can see these are some of the reasons why we have problem in Nigeria, why for God sake can't we tolerate each other? if a northern Muslim wishes to marry up to 4 so b it, why d castigation? that's his culture, his way of life, u don't expect him to behave like a Catholic frm d South. The highest level of civilisation is mutual respect n tolerance.

this is one thing alot of them cannot understand.
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by effyzie01(m): 12:12pm On Feb 06, 2016
loshybab:

@37,and people ar still referring the union to be paedophilic! It's really a sorry case.

.I think i wl concur wt d'person dt said we hv many educated illiterate in Naija. I wonder if it's'd'english dts confusing them or the undastandin of the word 'paedophile'.......
Meanwhile,how old is Tambuwal too sef?

I agree bro. The concept of paedophilia is being blown out of proportion.

Tambuwal is 50.
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by missKiffy(f): 12:41pm On Feb 06, 2016
49cents:

He is a human being as well

I don't understand the rationale of taking another wife; what happens to the love you shared with your first wife? How about her feelings?

Let's stop hiding under culture and religion to perpetuate wrong.

I agree wit ur point, not that I support it
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by erusen: 12:46pm On Feb 06, 2016
craziebone:

we are already kings in Africa in some respects. Lets be very fair to the country. I agree with you when you said we should control our population; that's why i said we should peak at 200 and lets stay there.

As it is now, our land mass can take up to 250million and there would still be land for other purpose. The last minister of Agriculture said there are millions of hectres of agricultural land that is not being farmed presently. This doesn't include the forest reserves and national parks. As it is now, what we need to do is to try to achieve greater yield per hectre and all the talks about feeding will be taken care of. If Indonesia can still feed its own people despite having a smaller land mass and higher population, and despite being plagued by natural disasters like the monsoon rains, Nigeria should not have a problem feeding its population even if it is 250. But for me, 200 is ok and wre should not go beyond that.

Also, with good housing policy, we should be able to solve the problem of shelter. All the bungalows being built in Abuja, a place that has a good basement rock, should not be what should be springing up there. Since they have good basement rocks, they should have focused on building highrise buildings instead of wasting the land by building the little bungalows they are now building.
for the first time I think I agree with you on this one
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
GboyegaD:
I wish them the best of conjugal bliss. His religion permits him to marry as many as he wants.
Islam only permit maximum of four wives, thats if one can effort, also if he can maintain justice among them.
Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by loshybab(m): 12:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
effyzie01:

I agree bro. The concept of paedophilia is being blown out of proportion.

Tambuwal is 50.
Can u imagine
13yrs diff and dey are shouting paedophile.how am i sure those pple shouting paedophiles are not the real ones being paedophilic?

And to say d'concept of paedophilia is bn blown out of proportion is evn an undastatemnt bro!!!

1 Like

Re: Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) by Trustworthiness: 1:45pm On Feb 06, 2016
GboyegaD:
I wish them the best of conjugal bliss. His religion permits him to marry as many as he wants.

You are wrong about marrying as many as you want. But a man is permitted to marry up to 4 wives and not more than 4 wives.

Any count more than 4 wives is an adultery.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife / Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour / Obasanjo Lobbying For US Visa For Atiku – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.