Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

#IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad (58614 Views)

PDP Suspends Ifeanyi Ubah Over His "Disparaging & Unfounded Allegations" / Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) / Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 11:20pm On Feb 06, 2016
mikolo80:
before nko. honestly I don't know the English transliteration for abi. post of like saying ''I think'', or ''not so ''

once you said "abi" again you said "nko" honestly I'm lost here..

It's like you r mixing grammar with your local dialect..right?

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by mikolo80: 11:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
xpertise:

Agreed. But why would baba be seeking medical treatment abroad when we have plenty hospitals here in nigeria? Instead of fixing and patronising ours here, he's busy flying abroad each time he faces any challenge.
do you really think you can fix 60 yr rot in health sector in 7 months? even after 4 years. he flies abroad for help with security(our neighbours and foreign weapon matters) and economic(loot recovery,foreign investment) issues and diplomacy (heads of govt meetings). I'm not saying he perfect but he definitely better than pdp or do you have a name of another Messiah, I'm all ears o. this is the best we've got FOR NOW that's all we're saying.

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by acevic: 11:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
We both know the answer to that is no.
Do you know how many Nigerians are in jail in the UK?
A lot happens in international relations that we don't know about.

Reference:

Okay, so the British press has the solutions to our dire problems and the British public should pray for us to repent from our criminality.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by mikolo80: 11:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

once you said "abi" again you said "nko" honestly I'm lost here..

It's like you r mixing grammar with your local dialect..right?
no I'm mixing English with my local dialect. you're not even a Nigerian yet you're crying more than the bereaved.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Gaskia: 11:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
I think PMB is on point .
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by TheAziz: 11:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
tete7000:

What has he ever got right?
at least he's gotten his travellings right!

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by fireforfire: 11:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
Adaure4ever:
dats not what I mean.
If you count the statistics of Crime commited by Africans in UK, it is commited mainly by Nigerians.
All this Scam of a thing.
That is the point Buhari wants to make.

Who did d research?? U?
abeegi
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by daveP(m): 11:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
The height of stupidity im seeing here... I wont be surprised if a pastor that burn members with fire gets a blind backing and justification for such act.

Here, in a position of power, you are solely responsible for attracting a good, 'sell-able' image to the whole world about the country you represent.

When the super eagles mess up, the nationals complain, but never have we heard from the president that they performed woefully, and to an international press for that matter.

He had the shovel and he's just dug the grave himself, and at the same time gave these foreign nations an edge to further treat us with contempt and hate and increased racism. Racism never do o, you con add fuel cos you are facing a foreign press. Bitter truth my foot!!

There are ways to say such a truth and still maintain common sense.

Blind and blind do falll into a pit.

Forget partisanship.

This is Nigeria as a whole now.

Why try justify it when we never hear Obama, Putin, Merkel, Cameron, etc do same for act of their nationals in other lands

Leave trash for GarbageCity pls

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
He was right though. lipsrsealed

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by AbaGuyMan(m): 11:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
abbey621:
Can someone show me exactly where the president called all Nigerians criminals? Are we so filled up with sentiments in this country that we can't separate the truth from plain manipulation! What the president was trying to say is simple. Nigerians should stop seeking asylum abroad because such privileges have been abused by their countrymen in the past due to drug trafficking and other criminal acts. Is this far from the truth? Especially in UK, Nigerians are increasingly filling up the prison system, I dare anybody to bring up facts that are contrarian! Perhaps we feel it's better to be politically correct than being honest but we all know with PMB he speaks from the heart.

"What he was trying to say" but not what he eventually said!
Don't know why it is so difficult for some of you to admit that this man has made a mistake and put a big dent on the image of honest Nigerians.

And to all PMB supporters, nobody is witch-hunting him. We all seek a better Nigeria and hence the critics.

How is Nigeria ever going to move forward if we keep quiet to this administration's mistakes especially ones like this recent blunder in a foreign land? Yet some of his supporters here don't want to apply common reasoning to see his mistake.
Its seems he commits the most oral blunders when he's in the white man's land, he may just stop travelling or better still keep mute if he has nothing good to say about Nigeria whenever he's abroad. The other time it was his 97% / 5% statement against south-east and south-south, those he claimed didn't give him enough votes, that statement increased the ongoing protests as at then. Why would he go on a foreign platform to cause anger to some parts of Nigeria that already knows his administration will most likely not favour them? What happened to those peaceful and soothing talks that should come from a leader to all the citizens? I remember listening to Obama's acceptance speech way back after his first election, after thanking those who voted him, in a very comforting tone he told those who did not vote him: "I will be your president too". Now that's a way to unite everyone and seek the greater good of the country. Unfortunately, we have a president who paints us as criminals perhaps so that he will perceived a good man. For the records, no president will speak about his country as PMB just did!

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Reference(m): 11:27pm On Feb 06, 2016
joseph1832:
If the citizens Cameron represent are known for their drug trafficking habits as well as blatant disregard for immigration law, I believe he will.

They were known for worse, slavery and colonialism. The vestages of which are still present. They are known for harbouring looted resources from the third world. How many British Prime Ministers have admitted to that on visits to Nigeria to the media. My question still stands. What what the purpose of those statements. For what!

2 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by fireforfire: 11:28pm On Feb 06, 2016
Adaure4ever:
by foreign criminals from Africa? Yes.
U sound so confident.u must b talkin frm experience

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by akocce(m): 11:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
if person f**k up, make we gree... d biggest problem we have in naija is dat of double standards... we always look 4 ways to justify d mess up of peeps we like!

2 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Alertz3(m): 11:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
sameer1212:
My problem with you and your likes is, you know nothing about western countries. Dude if you don't know,there are many Nigerians in western countries prisons. BTW,why am I even wasting my time with some who's life is full of sadness

The citadel of knowledge of the west. Go ahead and convince all Nigerians dat Mr. President is right by joining the entire West according to you to condemn his people . You just dey here dey form expert.

3 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by dammytosh: 11:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
Even scammers and yahoo boys joined in the tweet

#AmaNigerianNotaCriminal

lol.

WHen you have a sincere President, all other things does not matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by paschu: 11:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
sameer1212:
My problem with you and your likes is, you know nothing about western countries. Dude if you don't know,there are many Nigerians in western countries prisons. BTW,why am I even wasting my time with some who's life is full of sadness

You are too full of yourself, yet you reason like a rat. If you know anything, how on earth would you be defending a president that does not know how his words impact the economy and overall wellbeign of his people? Please hide your face in shame.

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Reference(m): 11:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
joseph1832:
If the citizens Cameron represent are known for their drug trafficking habits as well as blatant disregard for immigration law, I believe he will.

Well show me an instance of ANY Head of State doing that in Nigeria or between any two countries you have ever witnessed. Think hard and long and be honest in your response...just like Buhari wants you to be...

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 11:37pm On Feb 06, 2016
mikolo80:
no I'm mixing English with my local dialect. you're not even a Nigerian yet you're crying more than the bereaved.

I am 100% Nigerian, just that.. ..forget it. Goodnight!

My Wife just told me the meaning of abi and nko. .so I know it now.. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by joseph1832(m): 11:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
Reference:

They were known for worse, slavery and colonialism. The vestages of which are still present. They are known for harbouring looted resources from the third world. How many British Prime Ministers have admitted to that on visits to Nigeria to the media. My question still stands. What what the purpose of those statements. For what!
Yes, slavery and colonialism. Tell me, how often do you listen/read the news?

Reference:

Well show me an instance of ANY Head of State doing that in Nigeria or between any two countries you have ever witnessed. Think hard and long and be honest in your response...just like Buhari wants you to be...
I don't get you?
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by mikolo80: 11:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

I am 100% Nigerian, just that.. ..forget it. Goodnight!
and yet have never heard the colloquialisms, 'abi ' and 'nko '...riiiiiight (eyes rolling)
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by ehissi(m): 11:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
sameer1212:
mynd44 this dude call me criminal. Rule 2 is broken here. Thank you.

Well!! Technically you said Buhari calling Nigerians criminals is true!! The last I checked, My papa, Mama, Grandpa, Grandma even my eminado is a Nigerian; so in effect you are calling my beloved kinsmen and fellow Nigerians - including yourself - criminals.

Even Mynd44 is most likely a Nigerian - I suspect say na Omo-Ijebu,grin but I stand to be corrected - so he should equally offended by ya comment!!

For the record #IAmNotACriminal and #NigeriansAreNotCriminals
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by efemena22(m): 11:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
sameer1212:
Keep quiet there. What do you know? Where have you been? The bitter truth is,Nigeria has a bad image in many western countries.
why are you so quick to criticise someone? All the guy said was that his family(himself included) are not criminals. Abi you be one??
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

I don't have words for you.. I hope you eat ur bitter truth mix with Ogi and beanCake for dinner tonight..

Which country in this world has a good reputation.. Just like corporate institutions, it's the responsibility of Governments and its official which ur God GMB is the head to protect its interest.

If he is clueless and deluded does not give him the right to go about branding us criminals..

Anyway, his Zombies don't really care about what he dishes out to them.. But for your info, I do...
Look here u ipod, trying to over blow this issue. Are ur brothers not drug peddlers today all over d world? So u want d President to try and cover ur clan's obsession for debauchery? Never! Nigerians really need to change their attitudes!
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 11:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
mikolo80:
and yet have never heard the colloquialisms, 'abi ' and 'nko '...riiiiiight (eyes rolling)

I have, many times.. But this is my first time to see someone actually puts it in writing.. .
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Look here u ipod, trying to over blow this issue. Are ur brothers not drug peddlers today all over d world? So u want d President to try and cover ur clan's obsession for debauchery? Never! Nigerians really need to change their attitudes!
Moslems are terrorists. .. right?
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
paschu:

You are too full of yourself, yet you reason like a rat. If you know anything, how on earth would you be defending a president that does not know how his words impact the economy and overall wellbeign of his people? Please hide your face in shame.
I luv PMB for d fact that he does not lie! Wait until 2019 when u shall again vote in a liar!
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Seunjungle(m): 11:50pm On Feb 06, 2016
People just like to boycott truth at their all cost. Is our President not right for said so? Who can count how many Nigerians that have being killed in middle east countries for frog trafficking? who can count the name of Nigeria past leaders that have taken away our monies to this so called developed countries,military past leaders inclusive? One should count the number of Nigerians that have being arrested for other relative criminal acts? Nigeria is rough! That's it
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Reference(m): 11:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
America has a very destructive gun culture, very alien to most other nations and has been a thorn in the flesh politically and emotionally to Obama who incidentally travels more than most Heads of State and due to his popularity and amiable character gets interviewed and quizzed by the world's press. When difficult questions like the gun problem arises he is never quick to answer and always thoughtful in response, never, never, never disparages the people who in his heart he severely opposes. Same with race issues and other stuff. That is mature leadership. Thoughtful.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by abbey621(m): 11:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
AbaGuyMan:

"What he was trying to say" but not what he eventually said!
Don't know why it is so difficult for some of you to admit that this man has made a mistake and put a big dent on the image of honest Nigerians.

And to all PMB supporters, nobody is witch-hunting him. We all seek a better Nigeria and hence the critics.

How is Nigeria ever going to move forward if we keep quiet to this administration's mistakes especially ones like this recent blunder in a foreign land? Yet some of his supporters here don't want to apply common reasoning to see his mistake.
Its seems he commits the most oral blunders when he's in the white man's land, he may just stop travelling or better still keep mute if he has nothing good to say about Nigeria whenever he's abroad. The other time it was his 97% / 5% statement against south-east and south-south, those he claimed didn't give him enough votes, that statement increased the ongoing protests as at then. Why would he go on a foreign platform to cause anger to some parts of Nigeria that already knows his administration will most likely not favour them? What happened to those peaceful and soothing talks that should come from a leader to all the citizens? I remember listening to Obama's acceptance speech way back after his first election, after thanking those who voted him, in a very comforting tone he told those who did not vote him: "I will be your president too". Now that's a way to unite everyone and seek the greater good of the country. Unfortunately, we have a president who paints us as criminals perhaps so that he will perceived a good man. For the records, no president will speak about his country as PMB just did!

I'm sorry but what you wrote is plain rubbish! I'm a Nigerian living abroad and I see no way in which the president's statements makes life more difficult for Nigerians abroad unless the ones engaging in criminal activities. It's funny you make reference to Obama when his approval rating is less than 40% among U.S residents. If Obama is your measuring stick for unity then my friend you have failed! What exactly are you angry about or displeased with? Did you actually read or watched the interview? If you did, I challenge you to show me exactly what the president said that's false or damaging to Nigerians living abroad? I'm sure you are educated and not a media zombie, show me exactly where the president called Nigerians abroad criminals,if you can't then please be quiet!
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by kunzel(m): 11:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
234GT:
Buhari is a goat EOD!
And you are a hopeless f.ool.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
sameer1212:
@op, u know we hailers don't care about the rant on social media. The president didn't lie,he just spoke the bitter truth that me my dad and entire family are criminals.

God bless Nigeria.

*Before you quote me,make sure you've ever crossed your village*
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
Reference:

The purpose of those statements is a simple msg to Nigerians to change their attitudes! Nigerians re actually bad!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Outfit To Owerri As He Visited Earlier Today (PICS) / Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants / Photos From Outside Sani Abacha Stadium After Hitting Full Capacity For Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.