Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* - Art, Graphics & Video (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* (54454 Views)

Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography / Sahara Group Unveils #TheGreenestLoveOfAll instagram Photography Competition / My Photo Manipulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by REB3L(m): 1:30pm On Apr 04, 2016
SmooshCHN:
The above quote can help. If possible, you can state your price range and I'll help you find a good camera for the price
Around 40-50k.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by OmichaelO: 1:33pm On Apr 04, 2016
Brimmie:

Thanks bruh! smiley

Well, I've been making plans to buy this Cam since they released it. It's not that I have the money sef. But it's the only entry camera that 'ld serve me well. I almost gave up when dollar-naira ish started. From 118k to 175k (Okey Japan Price).

You can check out D3200.

SmooshCHN is my Oga.. Let's chill for his suggestion. smiley
haha.. Thank you Kindly.
I'll check it out.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by OmichaelO: 1:37pm On Apr 04, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Thank you Michael. I appreciate your time and kind words. As Brimmie (The Oga wey no like to accept him title) said, the Nikon D3200 is an enthusiasts camera. It will suit your purpose judiciously cheesy Other cheap DSLRs are Nikon D90 with 18-55mm VR for 340$, here Nikon D3100 with 18-55mm VR for around 270$, Nikon D80 with the same lens for 320$. Other options too are Nikon D5100, D7100 if you have enough money though. If you're just a hobbyist and just want pictures for fun no need to go higher than the list above. If there's any other question you have you can quote me I'll gladly reply. Thank you.
Thank you very much.
I will look up the D3200, I know nothing is impossible. I will always keep you guys posted and also follow the thread.

Even though I've not started, I'll learning from you guys already!

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 12:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
OmichaelO:
Thank you very much.
I will look up the D3200, I know nothing is impossible. I will always keep you guys posted and also follow the thread.

Even though I've not started, I'll learning from you guys already!
You're welcome Bro.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 12:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
My Camera Set up with Tripod

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Brimmie(m): 2:28pm On Apr 05, 2016
SmooshCHN: Hey bro! I didn't know there's a big difference between the 50mm 1.8G and 50mm 1.8D. The 'D' doesn't Auto-Focus on Newer Bodies.. True?

I just left the Market to buy for a friend.. He uses D5200. And the price difference is much.. G - 60k, D - 30k.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 3:27pm On Apr 05, 2016
Brimmie:
SmooshCHN: Hey bro! I didn't know there's a big difference between the 50mm 1.8G and 50mm 1.8D. The 'D' doesn't Auto-Focus on Newer Bodies.. True?

I just left the Market to buy for a friend.. He uses D5200. And the price difference is much.. G - 60k, D - 30k.
There's a huge difference between them. The 1.8D is a vintage and the G is the newer once for modern day cameras. For this 1.8D, If your camera does not have a focus motor on it, you won't be able to auto focus on this lens. Cameras like D3000 series (3100, 3200, 3300) D5000,5100,5200,5300, D90,80,70. The lens auto focus is noisy but fast and has durability issue. Just stay away from it if you don't plan on buying the 1.8G later. And it's cheap. If Nikon gives you same thing cheap and expensive, go for the expensive one. You'll enjoy your money better

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Brimmie(m): 5:02pm On Apr 05, 2016
SmooshCHN:
There's a huge difference between them. The 1.8D is a vintage and the G is the newer once for modern day cameras. For this 1.8D, If your camera does not have a focus motor on it, you won't be able to auto focus on this lens. Cameras like D3000 series (3100, 3200, 3300) D5000,5100,5200,5300, D90,80,70. The lens auto focus is noisy but fast and has durability issue. Just stay away from it if you don't plan on buying the 1.8G later. And it's cheap. If Nikon gives you same thing cheap and expensive, go for the expensive one. You'll enjoy your money better

I know I can always count on you. Well, I'm gon' buy the 35mm for myself and advice him to get the 50mm 1.8G.

Gracias!! smiley
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 5:07pm On Apr 05, 2016
Brimmie:

I know I can always count on you. Well, I'm gon' buy the 35mm for myself and advice him to get the 50mm 1.8G.

Gracias!! smiley
If he's not using a full-frame camera, a 50mm would approximately be 85mm which is slightly telephoto but also a very great portrait lens. Just so you know. Good choice you've made. You won't regret it.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Anopheles: 6:09pm On Apr 07, 2016
Brimmie:

Got it 140k.. But it came with 18-55mm.

Hey, sorry for the barge

Where did you get your camera?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Godsgal(f): 9:59am On Apr 08, 2016
SmooshCHN:
1. Preparing breakfast.. iPhone 5s
2. Chinese noodles at a Private Movie viewing. And it tastes nice. iPhone 5s
3. Beef Steak. iPhone 5s
4. Noodles at a local restaurant. iPhone 5s
yummy! OP is making me hungry. Nice pictures too. Thumbs up
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 10:53am On Apr 08, 2016
Godsgal:
yummy! OP is making me hungry. Nice pictures too. Thumbs up
Thank you. Sorry for making you hungry
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 10:57am On Apr 08, 2016
My weeks filled with exams. The little u could get.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Brimmie(m): 7:27pm On Apr 09, 2016
Anopheles:

Hey, sorry for the barge
Where did you get your camera?
I didn't get this "Mention".
Well, the headquarter of Photography Stuffs in Lagos.
Aroloya Street, Isale-Agbede, Lagos Island.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Brimmie(m): 7:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:01am On Apr 10, 2016
Brimmie:

Me love this! cheesy
Thank you man
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 5:47pm On Apr 25, 2016
Balancing school life as been hectic but i'll be updating the thread as often as possible..
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 5:54pm On Apr 25, 2016
Portrait of my new friend

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 5:56pm On Apr 25, 2016
Made up my mind to active this week and today was worth it.. Nature themed pictures with iPhone 5s. You don't need a Pro Camera to take good pictures.

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
I took pictures of my camera set up while taking a long exposure shot of the flowing river against the bridge.. I'll upload the long exposure shots tomorrow after edit but for today, this is what the scene looked like in camera..

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Helewud(m): 11:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
@smoosh, sent you a pm would love to hear from you, you inspire me.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 4:03am On Apr 29, 2016
Helewud:
@smoosh, sent you a pm would love to hear from you, you inspire me.
Thank you Man. I'll reply you ASAP.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Deme98(m): 10:09am On May 03, 2016
Brimmie:
SmooshCHN, my Oga! This ur last picture would make a cool BG picture or wallpaper.

Awesome!! cheesy

BTW: Help me beg dollar to reduce o! Imagine within the space of 2weeks Nikon D5300 is nw 170k frm 138k.

Something I've been saving up for months to buy.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by ityP(m): 4:56pm On May 03, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Before and after.

How did u get to reduce the noise?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 6:19pm On May 03, 2016
ityP:

How did u get to reduce the noise?
I don't know which picture you're referring to but most times I just drop to the shadows and increase contrast till I'm satisfied with what I want.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Koboland(f): 11:53am On May 17, 2016
I got a nikon d5200 camera for sale email koboland4life@gmail.com
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 4:56pm On May 17, 2016
Koboland:
I got a nikon d5200 camera for sale email koboland4life@gmail.com

Sorry, I'm not in need of a camera.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:23pm On May 22, 2016
Been a while.. Been piling up pictures cos I've been going out less. But here it is.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by sommyblaze(m): 1:39am On May 24, 2016
Boss you are really good, really loving your work.

kinda new to photography n am so loving it, but my sites here are not too encouraging.
The location of where I school I so rural bruh.

have much to ask buh I would take it lil by lil.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:43am On May 25, 2016
sommyblaze:
Boss you are really good, really loving your work.

kinda new to photography n am so loving it, but my sites here are not too encouraging.
The location of where I school I so rural bruh.

have much to ask buh I would take it lil by lil.
Don't worry.. I understand.. In situations like this, you can go smaller. Go for other beautiful things around you. Just pay attention to your environment you find it equally as interesting as a great landscape.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:48am On May 25, 2016
Updated.. Any questions on settings or how the pictures were taken is welcomed

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 2:02am On May 25, 2016
When someone asks how important is knowing how to retouch my images.. It's equally as important as knowing how to get the right shop.
There was a puddle of water on the floor in front of this Hotel and I made use of it. Placed my phone so close to the water to get the reflection. And the rest is to retouch. So simple. All images always need on enchantment or the other. You have to learn that.
1. Original image. No retouch
2. Where most people would stop after retouching
3. My final image

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Hakeemeffect: Advanced Nollywood Special Makeup Effect [ Graphic Images] / Newly Employed Security Draws Eyes On £740,000 1931 Painting In Russia(Pics) / Using Liquid Latex to Create Realistic Wounds and Skin Effects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.