Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari (28159 Views)

"I Stand With Buhari" Rally Holds In Awka, Anambra Despite IPOB Threats (Pics) / Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper / Ministerial List: What Buhari Did That Shocked Tinubu, Osinbajo – New Telegraph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by wristbangle: 7:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
seguntijan:
"A number of Nigerians use the migrant routes
to come to the UK to claim asylum, saying their
lives are at risk from Boko Haram. Is is
legitimate for them to do so?
"Some Nigerians claim is that life is too difficult
back home, but then again some Nigerians have
also made it difficult for Europeans and
Americans to accept them because of the
number of Nigerians in different prisons all over
the world accused of drug trafficking or human
trafficking. I don't think Nigerians have anybody
to blame. They can remain at home. Their
services are required to rebuild the country. If
their countrymen misbehaved, the best thing for
them is to stay at home and encourage the
credibility of the nation."
Do you think that Nigerians have an image
problem abroad?
"Certainly. But we are on our way to salvage
that. We will encourage our countrymen to stay
at home, work hard and make a respectable
living at home."
I have been running some trainings for a while
and I heard that our President said we are
criminals and I have been wondering what could
make him say such, a whole President. I was on
twitter the other day and I saw a hashtag has
been developed as well, this is serious.
I just saw the said interview now and the part
that aroused unwarranted anger has been shared
above. I am so livid at this point at the stupidity
of some supposed learned people. How can you
not read before jumping to conclusions.
This hatred or whatever is getting serious. What
is actually going on? You have a B.Sc. and PhD.
yet you still act like a primary school kid on top
wetin? O ga o
# YouAreNotACriminalButYouAreStupid

The conclusion to this whole mess is that the bad bellied people are not happy with the emergence of PMB as president of the nation and their embittered minds has becloud their sense of reasoning to coerce unnecessary, slandering and hatred statements towards him.

If it were GEJ that have made this telegraph interview and optimistic people are condemning him to have tagged Nigerians as criminals, I will not support their claims.

3 Likes

Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by doctokwus: 7:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
Topeakintola:

Is he lying>?
U have time to be replying idiots like that.
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by paschu: 7:27pm On Feb 08, 2016
obailala:

A lot of people would have expected some form of sugar-coating from a presidential figure but unfortunately, Buhari is not blessed with sugar-coating skills. What he has said is sadly the bloody truth which is well known to all who bother to know. It is no news that a lot of Nigerians are involved in crime in different parts of the world with a disturbing number of Nigerians presently lodging in UK prisons. Again the statement by Buhari was in response to a question about the image of the country internationally and after admitting there was a major problem, he also admits we are on course to salvaging the situation.

On the issue of GEJ as you asked, I am bigger than the political sentimental bullshiiit of GEJ vs PMB. GEJ has since lost the election and Nigeria must move forward. To answer your question, YES! I would have seen the statement the same way if it was GEJ or OBJ or YAradua or even Abacha.

The fact that only one-tenth of Nigerian assylum seekers had managed to get assylum in the UK since the last 15 years did not capture your imagination. What happens now that the president has put his presidential signature to the entrenched image of mass criminality that's tagged on Nigeria?

What stops buhari from emphasizing the BIGGER fact that for every single criminal in nigeria there are a thousand hardworking and upright nigerians. How does any of his bunch of IMPULSIVE resposes in that interview (or his so called truth) help to advance our national interest? Do we even have any national interest or foreign policy that he knows of?

If the president is not clueless, why would he be calling for the return (and possible deportation) of Nigerians in diaspora at a time like this? Gosh. To what exactly does he want them to return? To a comatose economy or to states that borrow to pay their workers' backlashed salaries? How many of these Nigetians can he employ or create opportunities for, even if his administration gets reelected up till infinitum?

He had a global media opportunity, instead of using it to promote Nigeria, he thoughtlessly squandered it on his petty personal image, at the expense of Nigeria.

You are a Nigerian, PLEASE THINK MORE AND FEEL LESS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by Thatitan234(m): 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
Bluezy13:
""" Is Abubakr Shekau still the leader of Boko Haram?

I receive conflicting information about the status of
Shekau. Some say he has been removed and replaced
by a less charismatic terrorist leader.
I think he must be on the run, because out of the 14
local government districts that Boko Haram used to
call their caliphate, they now do not control any now.
They are scattered around the Sambisa forest and they
have resorted to attacking soft targets, people in
churches, mosques and market places, and using
improvised explosive devices."""

I wonder what they were attacking before ...

They weren't just attacking places before now, they were claiming territories and raising their flags there.
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by doctokwus: 7:32pm On Feb 08, 2016
ziddy:

Wasn't he telling the truth?
U people shud allow the idiot to be.
Having gone thru his record on a section here, he doesn't warrant any sane reply.His type are in areas u find harlots and hemp smokers

2 Likes

Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by emmabest2000(m): 7:33pm On Feb 08, 2016
OgbeifunErom:
Now we have the full interview and not the distorted version

I have read the entire interview and I have not seen any part where PMB referred to Nigerians as criminals

IPOB and their wailing associates are desperate because they can see that corruption is about to take a knock in our polity.

These IPObians are still mourning the loss of their jesus on earth, the ineffectual buffoon and drunkard from Otueke

I'm so proud of Buhari, the way he ignores the IPOB wailers is just excellent. That is what the animals deserve, afterall they are no longer relevant in Nigerian politics.

Any person that disagrees with what Baba said should go for a brain check up, you might be suffering from mental incapacity

Now the truth is out, the only reason why IPOB are angry is because Buhari referred to DRUG SMUGGLERS . Guilty Conscience is eating their soul up.

God bless Nigeria

God bless Buhari

Haters of Nigeria can go and die

See it here

3 Likes

Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by anonimi: 7:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
doctokwus:
So where did PMB call nigerians criminals?

Right here.

Some Nigerians claim is that life is too difficult back home, but then again some Nigerians have also made it difficult for Europeans and Americans to accept them because of the number of Nigerians in different prisons all over the world accused of drug trafficking or human trafficking.

That was the same way his wife said all Edo girls are prostituting themselves in Europe shocked
Anyway, did you also eat Aisha's rice served with salad ni

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3073565_ctuafvju8aakuv5_jpeg49a942de8e3d1d388856e63d96b767a5
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by captainmuyi(m): 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2016
So?? is there any change uncle buhari??
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by doctokwus: 7:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
naijadeyhia:

If you cannot deduce that what he meant there was that a few bad eggs have given the rest a bad image abroad then I think you need to look for the nearest buffoon and quickly give away your brain... your body obviously does not need it as all u have up in your head is a resounding echo.
The useless idiot u quoted is more at home in ashawo joints with touts and smoking hemp.Check his posts and u wud understand why he has mental and comprehension issues.He has other monikers like icebeatz which he stopped using after being exposed by his fellow forum mates for lying.
He doesn't deserve any sane person's response.

1 Like

Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by EmeritusMbaM: 7:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
Bluezy13:

His truth was partial. He committed the fallacy of hasty generalization

Read again...He said "SOME NIGERIANS"
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by anonimi: 7:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
captainmuyi:
So?? is there any change uncle buhari??

there is a change.
The man has UPGRADED from calling his fellow citizens, whom he swore and took oath to SERVE, in the 80s as "useless and senseless to calling them criminals now embarassed embarassed
How can we redeem ourselves from this slef-inflicted curse?
How

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSEs2SunXag

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by Cybertext(m): 7:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
daretodiffer:

Polite but..... angry

But....

I just want to ask you these few questions....
Did PMB lied about SOME Nigerians locked in prisons around the world

How many British, Americans, South Africans, Australians, Indians, Chinese, Indonesians are in our own prisons??
Are they not going about their lawful businesses in Nigeria ??

When you talk about internet scams, drug trafficking which country tops the list?? .

Are all these crimes not affecting the genuine citizen who wants a Visa abroad??

Pls Answer these questions truthfully in your heart.
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by anonimi: 7:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
EmeritusMbaM:
Read again...He said "SOME NIGERIANS"

The JUSTIFIERS of the serial abuser of his own people whom he was voted in to SERVE are here.
Una welcome oh.
Ekabo si ori eto yi.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3251622_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by doctokwus: 7:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
magicminister:

[size=15pt]"Some Nigerians claim is that life is too difficult back home, but then again some Nigerians have also made it difficult for Europeans and Americans to accept them because of the number of Nigerians in different prisons all over the world accused of drug trafficking or human trafficking".[/size]

Looool... you sure say u go school??
If you did, biko did u graduate??

besides, the headlines or news caption would probably read

Nigerians in different prisons all over the world accused of drug trafficking or human trafficking- Buhari

anyone with a slight training in public speech would know this is a major gaffe!
you cannot be wooing foreign investors to a country you deride on several occasions!
You have an education and run along lying your life away, fu cking N500 ashies and smoking N50 weed.
Please quote your type next time
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 08, 2016
Cybertext:

But....

I just want to ask you these few questions....
Did PMB lied about SOME Nigerians locked in prisons around the world

How many British, Americans, South Africans, Australians, Indians, Chinese, Indonesians are in our own prisons??

When you talk about internet scams, drug trafficking which country tops the list?? .

Are all these crimes not affecting the genuine citizen who wants a Visa abroad??

Pls Answer these questions truthfully in your heart.

What are you on about?
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by anonimi: 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
Cybertext:

What could be responsible for this your self-hate?
What
Could it be IGNORANCE or what exactly?

Konpresor012:

http://pulse.ng/local/nigeria-immigration-service-nis-deports-6-british-citizens-id4639121.html

aloyemeka1:
[size=14pt]Immigration repatriates 25 Chinese[/size]
From ADETUTU FOLASADE-KOYI, Abuja
Wednesday, November 30 , 2011

Comptroller-General of Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Mrs. Rose Uzoma has said that 25 Chinese with irregular resident permits have been repatriated to China by the Service.

Mrs. Uzoma who made the disclosure to the Senate Committee on Federal Character and Inter-Governmental Affairs who were on oversight tour of the agency in Abuja also said that about 400, 000 foreigners reside in Nigeria.

She said this when the Senator Dahiru Kuta-led committee visited the NIS on an oversight tour yesterday after being charged on security of the nation’s borders and prevention of proliferation of small arms in the country.
The Immigration boss noted that Nigeria is less attractive for foreign investors when compared to other African countries like Ghana, Cote d’Voire and Kenya.

“You have heard so much about Chinese staying illegally in Nigeria, we do remove Chinese regularly. If we discover them we remove them. Last week we removed 25 Chinese, we depoted those who committed crimes.

“I am not saying that you cannot find one or two foreigners who are not leaving here on regular immigration status. But, again, there is no country in the world where you cannot find such people.
“Seeing foreigners on the streets of Nigeria does not mean that they are of irregular status. Most of them are legal residents. Distinguished Senators, there are not many foreigners in Nigeria. We have well over just 300, 000 legally resident in Nigeria in a population of over 160 million people.

“Those of us who travel, when you are coming back to Nigeria, I am sure you can count the numbers of foreigners in the aircraft. Nigeria is not yet a destination of choice. You see foreigners in Senegal, there are more in Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya and other places’ you see lots of tourists there.”
The Comptroller-General who also responded to the Senators on the rising incidences of human trafficking in Nigeria, said the NIS was encumbered by inadequate staff and finance to tackle the menace.

She added that with about 23000 staff, the NIS could not properly man the nations land borders, but added that the international airports have been properly upgraded to combat any attempt at trafficking.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/nov/30/national-30-11-2011-0024.html

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/xv2r4ena5hlpfff67f3ip3h9957s9gcj1572403[/img]
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by klassic(m): 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
wristbangle:
I took time to read through the telegraph interview and I was trying to spot where buhari tagged nigerians to be "criminals" but I couldn't spot such statement in his words.

I don't know where Bruce and his wailing goons got the message from that PMB described Nigerians as criminals.

Did you do literature in school? If yes, guess you didn't pay attention to your literal devices or diction. If you did, you should be able to translate the lines wherein PMB mentioned that a high % of Nigerians are all over foreign prisons. Yes he might have been telling the honest truth, but as a president, your duty is to sell the image of your country positively to the outside world. E. G china, Iran and Saudi Arabia despite their human right infringement back home, will never sell their countries image negatively, neither would South Africa with high records of drugs and violent crimes do same. Eastern Europe and Asia has the highest population of child prostitution, human trafficking and forced labour in the world. . Have you heard their president come our to openly sell their countries image negatively? The answer is no. Finally, Japan has one of the highest rate of organised mafia crime syndicate in the world same with Russia. Is there negative publicity from their president? Nope. America is number one when it comes to organised cyber crimes in the world, is there negative publicity from Obama? Nope. So you see where our president is missing it. If as a father, I go outside and tell the entire world that my children are criminals, the simple implication is that I failed in my duty as a father moreover no body will wanna associate or do business with my children not even the honest and hardworking ones. PMB is the father of Nigeria. Just think and have common sense. He should learn to apply diplomacy. I rise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by EmeritusMbaM: 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
anonimi:

The JUSTIFIERS of the serial abuser of his own people whom he was voted in to SERVE are here.
Una welcome oh.
Ekabo si ori eto yi.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/ants/3251622_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362[/img]

Who is this one? You better face your stolen book sales and stop disgracing yourself on nairaland. 2016 is going and you have not achieved anything than fighting over politicians that dont even know you exist with that your bookshop. Guy respect your old age. Lmao
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
I wish the government can pay more attention to monitoring those who travel out of this country
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
Some pathetic fools who can't read between the lines as a result of half baked education won't see the word criminal...some have not even been to the airport let alone traveled out for a visit, but you come here to type rubbish. Do you know what such statements can cause honest Nigerians? Of course Americans, europeans, Asians all have bad people but do they come here to expose them?...you wailers need common sense from Ben Murray Bruce
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by PAT4HOT(m): 8:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
The albino that cooked up the story with his useless hashtag knows deep inside him that he is a criminal and a Nigerian, if not he should take us back to how he got his wealth to be a proud owner of an entertainment firm. Was it not when he was the DG of NTA that he siphoned the FG money to his private purse.

In a sane country, people like him should not be close to an elective position but since anything goes in Nigeria, he can boldly call himself a honourable member.
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by anonimi: 8:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
EmeritusMbaM:
Who is this one? You better face your stolen book sales and stop disgracing yourself on nairaland. 2016 is going and you have not achieved anything than fighting over politicians that dont even know you exist with that your bookshop. Guy respect your old age. Lmao

So you only fight for politicians who know you exist?
Your coded statement is well understood. Enjoy your internet warrior work oh and the Aisha rice that you are invited to eat once a year. If you want to be like Esau and sell your CITIZENSHIP rights to good governance for a bowl of rice, na you sabi.
Just note that we are not in the same league. Okay

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2831915_wailingforabettertommorow_jpeg_jpegd26a773a99cf2b0f93fe685761f614da
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by lwils1: 8:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
two sides to the story,
hhmm!! Bubu and apc had made us believ dat they ar capable of anything and believing them is only at one's peril
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by PAT4HOT(m): 8:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
The albino that cooked up the story with his useless hashtag knows deep inside him that he is a criminal and a Nigerian, if not he should take us back to how he got his wealth to be a proud owner of an entertainment firm. Was it not when he was the DG of NTA that he siphoned the FG money to his private purse.

In a sane country, people like him should not be close to an elective position but since anything goes in Nigeria, he can boldly call himself a honourable member.
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by obailala(m): 8:17pm On Feb 08, 2016
paschu:

The fact that only one-tenth of Nigerian assylum seekers had managed to get assylum in the UK since the last 15 years did not capture your imagination. What happens now that the president has put his presidential signature to the entrenched image of mass criminality that's tagged on Nigeria?

What stops buhari from emphasizing the BIGER fact that for every single criminal in nigeria there are a thousand hardworking and upright nigerians. How does any of his bunch of IMPULSIVE resposes in that interview (or his so called truth) help to advance our national interest? Do we even have any national interest or foreign policy that he knows of?

If the president is not clueless, why would he be calling for the return (and possible deportation) of Nigerians in diaspora at a time like this? Gosh. To what exactly does he want them to return? To a comatose economy or to states that borrow to pay their workers' backlashed salaries? How many of these Nigetians can he employ or create opportunities for, even if his administration gets reelected up till infinitum?

He had a global media opportunity, instead of using it to promote Nigeria, he thoughtlessly squandered it on his petty personal image, at the expense of Nigeria.

Well, just like I said above, PMB unfortunately isnt blessed with the skills of sugarcoating or sweet talk or diplomacy. He has said it as it is to the chagrin of Nigerians.
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by EmeritusMbaM: 8:17pm On Feb 08, 2016
[s]
anonimi:

So you only fight for politicians who know you exist?
Your coded statement is well understood. Enjoy your internet warrior work oh and the Aisha rice that you are invited to eat once a year. If you want to be like Esau and sell your CITIZENSHIP rights to good governance for a bowl of rice, na you sabi.
Just note that we are not in the same league. Okay

[img]http://www.nairaom/attachments/2831915_wailingforabettertommorow_jpeg_jpegd26a773a99cf2b0f93fe685761f614da[/img]
[/s]

Old man, I know you have no shame. Our past post will show those that fight over politicians, you are a devilish being that insult everyone cos of people that dont even know you. One day, there will be no stolen books to sell and you will regret ever wasting your life online defending politicians. Lmaooo
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by anonimi: 8:21pm On Feb 08, 2016
klassic:
If as a father, I go outside and tell the entire world that my children are criminals, the simple implication is that I failed in my duty as a father moreover no body will wanna associate or do business with my children not even the honest and hardworking ones. PMB is the father of Nigeria. Just think and have common sense. He should learn to apply diplomacy. I rise.

Indeed he was indicting himself based on his records as:

- Governor of North Eastern state, 1975 to 1976
- Minister for Petroleum, 1976 to 1978
- Military DICTATOR, 1983 to 1985.
- PTF (Abacha's Parallel government) chairman, 1993 to 1998

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027366_buharinu_jpeg5ce072fcf9c5443e849caa9cebbeaa57
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by arresa: 8:23pm On Feb 08, 2016
magicminister:

"Some Nigerians claim is that life is too difficult back home, but then again some Nigerians have also made it difficult for Europeans and Americans to accept them because of the number of Nigerians in different prisons all over the world accused of drug trafficking or human trafficking".

There's obviously a huge difference between All Nigerians and Some Nigerians

With your inability and lack of any capacity to properly read and comprehend simple English words, you are definitely not in any position to question other people's level of education.

You really should be questioning your own lousy and shameful brand of education.

Nigerians in different prisons all over the world accused of drug trafficking or human trafficking- Buhari

anyone with a slight training in public speech would know this is a major gaffe!
you cannot be wooing foreign investors to a country you deride on several occasions!

Investors invests based on their ability to make money especially in a huge market like Nigeria, not on your puerile worries, bogus and elementary sentiments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by arresa: 8:28pm On Feb 08, 2016
EmeritusMbaM:

He's NL resident troll and internet nuisance.

Word of advise, never go back and forth with it, not worth it.
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by Wizlove(m): 8:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
magicminister:

[size=15pt]"Some Nigerians claim is that life is too difficult back home, but then again some Nigerians have also made it difficult for Europeans and Americans to accept them because of the number of Nigerians in different prisons all over the world accused of drug trafficking or human trafficking".[/size]

besides, the headlines or news caption would probably read

Forget them. Zombie remains zombie no matter the information made available to them grin.
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by abbey621(m): 8:35pm On Feb 08, 2016
paschu:

The fact that only one-tenth of [b]Nigerian assylum seekers [/b]had managed to get assylum in the UK since the last 15 years did not capture your imagination. What happens now that the president has put his presidential signature to the entrenched image of mass criminality that's tagged on Nigeria?

What stops buhari from emphasizing the BIGGER fact that for every single criminal in nigeria there are a thousand hardworking and upright nigerians. How does any of his bunch of IMPULSIVE resposes in that interview (or his so called truth) help to advance our national interest? Do we even have any national interest or foreign policy that he knows of?

Since when has asylum become a thing to be proud of? Show me any president in the world that supports his people filing for asylum in another country? The president killed two birds with one stone, he pointed out the obvious that some Nigerians have made it difficult for those claiming asylum abroad. Next he offered words of unity for Nigerians to return home and help rebuild. Perhaps it's time to learn how to comprehend instead of just reading!
Re: ​ Full Telegraph Interview With Buhari by seunmsg(m): 8:39pm On Feb 08, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
The written version looks like it has been edited thoroughly. I want the video or audio confirmation because I don't trust Buhari nor APC

I am very sure you did not call for video or audio evidence before joining your fellow wailers to bash the president. To people like you, every negative news concerning the president is true but every positive news is a lie or propaganda.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Says The Party Replicate Edo Election Victory In Lagos / Rivers: Why Pro-fubara Speaker Resigned, Vacated Seat / You Are Not The Only Voice Of Nigerians, Wait Till 2027 - Tinubu To NLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.