Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola (30921 Views)

Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! / NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity / NLC Rejects Electricity Tariff Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
Arrant trash from fash!..why reap where u didn't sow? Stop punishing d impoverishd masses!

1 Like

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by sholalawal: 9:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
If GEJ tried this by now the likes of fashola & APC would have occupied lagos street & abuja environs.hypocrasy @ the highest order.........may God help us ooooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Eluwilussit(m): 9:14pm On Feb 08, 2016
What has the FG ever done in the interest of the masses? Nigerians are already suffering. No jobs. No money. No food. No safety. No nothing. Yet Fashola is telling them to bear with govt. They, the executive, legislature, and the judiciary, should be ashamed of themselves.

This will mean that a lot of people will be without power from now on, since they can't afford it. No be like say the power even dey at all. Fella was right about Nigerians. Suffering and smiling is the reason Fashola who arrived Alausa with a sagem phone and Benz flat booth, not too long ago but is now a billionaire, could look us in the eye and tell us to swallow the bitter pill.

This is the wrong time to increase the price of anything in Nigeria. Let those in govt serve without emoluments. They are already rich. We pick up their bills, including electricity bills, and this is what we get in return? Scale down govt expenditure. Let the positions from presidency to councillor be made 'voluntary'.

2 Likes

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by holluwai(m): 9:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
Oya, person sha no fit come die....me I go use baby oku jare

ichito:
Abeg where is my beer joor .....
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by sholalawal: 9:16pm On Feb 08, 2016
If GEJ tried this the likes of fashola & APC would have occupied the lagos street & abuja.hypicrasy @ the highest order...........may God help us ooooo
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by introvertedsoul: 9:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
This elitist sure had his thinking hat on when he plotted this.
First ban the most affordable alternative to the masses = Tiger Gen
And then insensitively and irresponsibly inflate the electricity bill tariff.

3 Likes

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by maxzzo1(m): 9:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
Wey dos glamouring 4 change!!!! APC is full of shit!! Very wicked pple!!!
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by emiye(m): 9:26pm On Feb 08, 2016
The prepaid meters is what i am canvassing for, deploying prepaid meters is not rocket science. Why should customers pay for meters, and it should take months before it is fixed or supplied? Is prepaid meter now rocket technology? Lots of Nigerians screaming hike in tarriff should understand that the real issue is the fraudulent estimated billing , not the tarriff. I am all for efficiency before effectiveness. Once everyone pays for the actual unit they consume, then no qualms, with prepaid meter, i can decide not to use discos power supply for the whole month, but my petrol generator, and no bill is paid. shikenan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by PEREP: 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
Which Rot is Fashola talking about? Since he became minister, has he struck any deal on behalf of FG talkless of having over 10000 MW of electricity installed capacity?

The simple request of Nigerians is more of Metering. I want to pay for what I use. If you have not done that, you can't do all these Macabre dance talks.

SMH

3 Likes

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by TomLepskie(m): 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
Let's give him the benefit of the doubt, as long as they supply the card meter to all, it's a welcome development,let's keep watching this administration,they might end up being the joker to our economic woes, from what i ve learnt Nigerians are not afraid of sacrifice,they just don't trust the Govt,maybe due to past experience,it's well my people.
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by saintandsinnerz: 9:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
Why can't you fix the rot first before increasing the price you idiiot!

2 Likes

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by lastpage: 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2016
NO, WE WILL NOT ACEPPT THIS YOUR "PAINFUL PILL", Minister FASHOLA.
We are not "drug addicts" that we must live on "painful pills" all the days of our lives.

How many "painful pills" have the rich swallowed?

Why must it always be the poor masses that are being fed on these "painful pills", since the days of "Austerity Measure", to SAP, e.t.c

Dont forget we Nigerians voted out the clueless one..... 3yrs is a short time from now, We will vote out this same Govt, if it inflicts "unnecessary pains" on us.

Mind you, l said "Unnecessary pains", as l am aware that there are some "necessary pains" we must go through, as a nation, to set thing right.
Wanton increase in Electricity tariff ..... (same excuse since NEPA was privatized and Tariff jerked up incessantly, without increase in daily power supply)) ..is NOT part of them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by millhouse: 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
Terrible govt... Once they can't reason how to solve a problem d easiest way out is to throw it to d masses...

1 Like

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by mrwisesome: 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
This man get mind ooooooh, we go die for them.we were paying #6000 monthly but now #14000 that how they increase tarrif nd not just that alone since two weeks now we have not seen light but at the end of the month they will bring it and collect the money and the light will go on breAk again till it's time to share bill again. We have not seen any improvement in the one that was previously increased so we Reebok ur idealogy ok

1 Like

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by ifoundmyperfect: 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2016
The man just got started.
This is the least to expect from him.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by sleekch1c(f): 9:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
Please let's be guided. These people aren't being very honest. The increase was from #15.9 per unit (VAT included)
For R2 customers (this is the group many residential homes fall into) to #26.2(VAT included).

This is about 64.779874% increase
That's approximately 64.8% increase in tariff.
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Mistermamus(m): 9:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
Chanji!!! More to come no1 shuld complain oh esp doze dat voted diz govt. We all go swallow am lyk eba. Chanji chanji ONE CHANCE!!!
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Dmano: 9:39pm On Feb 08, 2016
So it's bitter pill 2day 2morow it might b sweet poo

1 Like

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by lastpage: 9:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
emiye:
The prepaid meters is what i am canvassing for, deploying prepaid meters is not rocket science. Why should customers pay for meters, and it should take months before it is fixed or supplied? Is prepaid meter now rocket technology? Lots of Nigerians screaming hike in tarriff should understand that the real issue is the fraudulent estimated billing , not the tarriff. I am all for efficiency before effectiveness. Once everyone pays for the actual unit they consume, then no qualms, with prepaid meter, i can decide not to use discos power supply for the whole month, but my petrol generator, and no bill is paid. shikenan

Prepaid Meter is just one aspect of it! I understand those who dont have it, are cheated the most and in an even lower pecking order.

I have been using pre-Paid Meter for over 5yrs now!

But l have seen the cost/Tariff/price of a unit of electricity JERKED UP every time..... even though the Power Supply is annoyingly epileptic (imagine having to off-and-on the Generator four times within a single midnight hours? (Loss of Sleep!).

They said they have abolished "Fixed Charge" but l still bought credit yesterday and that fixed charge was still taken out of my money.
And as of today, the amount of electricity-units l get from the 7K worth l buy monthly, is even less, compared to before.

When will people like Mr. Raji Fashola understand that "throwing more money at a problem", is NOT ALWAYS the solution?
We are all in this country when some of these "wicked elites" told us that for Petrol to be available, we should be willing to pay #200/Litre!
But TODAY, petrol attendants BEG US to come and buy Fuel at their stations ....(l was joking with one today, l said: You people have suddenly become "so nice to us, your customers"? he smiled and said: Its the Government. ) .... yet the price is just #86.50, despite the removal of subsidy!
What we are paying (for these essential utilities) is definitely not a true reflection of the production cost ....but a reflection of what some GREEDY ROGUES, who have cornered these Public Service utilities for themselves, want us to pay, for their own benefit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Henrique4real(f): 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2016
Nigeria's Power situation is appalling! I don't want to hear anything.the government would always fail here cos a huge chunk of them are benefiting from the failures. Stories everywhere!
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by vislabraye(m): 9:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
kstyle2:
Just wow....if only they can give constant or at least improved power for 3 months at a stretch and promise to continue but a little sacrifice from the masses, people will gladly pay. but when you do not evn see light a year, how do you then pay?

Governement wants you to act in faith. Faith is substance of things hoped for, evidence of things not seen
Sai Fashola.
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
The downtrodden and the lower middleclass must raise the funds to fix the power mess mashed and served-up by the elite! Surely, more strenous, out-of-the box thinking could have come up with a less unfair approach. For me, a better approach would be make the elite and their neighbourhood pay more.

1 Like

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by oluwasegun007(m): 9:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
talk of capitalism....no wonder we dont have any friendly ties with Russia....

i miss my friend karl marx
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by FabioPeter: 9:51pm On Feb 08, 2016
70% of electricity users on the grid DO NOT pay at all, it cost less than 1000naira to bypass your electricity meter, yes of course rarely any consequence other than you enjoy free electricity for years to come.
Now 30% pay their electricity bills, sometimes they run out of units and look out at the neighbours who do not pay at all enjoying power supply( they probably plead with them to o help charge their phones). Same 30% change all bulbs to energy saving bulbs and turn off light not in use yet watch their neighbours leave the bulb permanently switched on.
Fashola is fully aware of this ratio and even expressed his frustration. What baffles me is the decision to increase the burden of the unwise 30% who pay their bills. What he demands is that 30% should pay the bill of 100%. This is indeed very silly. I need some common sense hence forth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by brandchambers: 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
The common fundamental element amongst the Nigerian ruling class is their wickedness. At times I think there is the conspiratorial covenant between them and the devil from whom they derived power to inflict much pains on the Nigerian masses. Right from the time of the self-styled evil genius (IBB), the mantra has always been and still remain 'Nigerians must make sacrifices' and ask them - where is the beneficial consequences of all the sacrifices we have been making all this while? mind you, Nigerians, give it to us, we are a long-suffering people. And this, this bunch of misogynists in power are always capitalizing on. - Monkey dey work, Baboon dey chop. No difference between six and half-a-dozen.

1 Like

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by hassymo5(m): 9:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
Baba Fas abeg we need meters... pre paid...asap...
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by olucomf: 9:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
My ppl pls don't let our government and nlc deceive us.. they have plain the game already.. so my ppl wise up
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by FabioPeter: 9:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
odeotito:
The downtrodden and the lower middleclass must raise the funds to fix the power mess mashed and served-up by the elite! Surely, more strenous, out-of-the box thinking could have come up with a less unfair approach. For me, a better approach would be make the elite and their neighbourhood pay more.

Why should they pay more? Everyone should pay for what he consumes.
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by vislabraye(m): 9:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
Eluwilussit:
What has the FG ever done in the interest of the masses? Nigerians are already suffering. No jobs. No money. No food. No safety. No nothing. Yet Fashola is telling them to bear with govt. They, the executive, legislature, and the judiciary, should be ashamed of themselves.

This will mean that a lot of people will be without power from now on, since they can't afford it. No be like say the power even dey at all. Fella was right about Nigerians. Suffering and smiling is the reason Fashola who arrived Alausa with a sagem phone and Benz flat booth, not too long ago but is now a billionaire, could look us in the eye and tell us to swallow the bitter pill.

This is the wrong time to increase the price of anything in Nigeria. Let those in govt serve without emoluments. They are already rich. We pick up their bills, including electricity bills, and this is what we get in return? Scale down govt expenditure. Let the positions from presidency to councillor be made 'voluntary'.

I'm waiting for people to shout "wailing wailer". undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Acidosis(m): 9:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
I've always known Fashola as a wicked man.

His body language always portray the look of a fundamental heartless administrator.

Yes, he is active, brilliant and hardworking, and at the same time unfriendly to the masses in his character, facial expression, words, policies and service.
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by weezii(m): 10:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
Please someone should tell this man that we can't be forced into this one too the same way the stamp duty charge was forced on us.

Seems no one dey even talk if this charge sef.
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by emiye(m): 10:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
lastpage:

Prepaid Meter is just one aspect of it! I understand those who dont have it, are cheated the most and in an even lower pecking order.

I have been using pre-Paid Meter for over 5yrs now!

But l have seen the cost/Tariff/price of a unit of electricity JERKED UP every time..... even though the Power Supply is annoyingly epileptic (imagine having to off-and-on the Generator four times within a single midnight hours? (Loss of Sleep!).

They said they have abolished "Fixed Charge" but l still bought credit yesterday and that fixed charge was still taken out of my money.
And as of today, the amount of electricity-units l get from the 7K worth l buy monthly, is even less, compared to before.

When will people like Mr. Raji Fashola understand that "throwing more money at a problem", is NOT ALWAYS the solution?
We are all in this country when some of these "wicked elites" told us that for Petrol to be available, we should be willing to pay #200/Litre!
But TODAY, petrol attendants BEG US to come and buy Fuel at their stations ....(l was joking with one today, l said: You people have suddenly become "so nice to us, your customers"? he smiled and said: Its the Government. ) .... yet the price is just #86.50, despite the removal of subsidy!
What we are paying (for these essential utilities) is definitely not a true reflection of the production cost ....but a reflection of what some GREEDY ROGUES, who have cornered these Public Service utilities for themselves, want us to pay, for their own benefit

Prepaid meter for EVERYONE is the number 1 issue in my opinion. The Discos are making so much money courtesy of the inefficiency of estimated billing, that improvement in service/ power supply is not big concern to them, i have a strong belief that with prepaid meters for every subscribers and at the rate of the new tarriff, they will rake in lesser revenue, and it is no brainer they will have no choice to improve service. Also, with prepaid meters, wasteful Nigerians will conserve power supply in their homes, meaning conserved supply can be distributed to other homes.

We should not crucify Fashola, the MYTO(multi year tarriff order) was not his doing, it was an agreement of the previous regime, and this is not the first time tarriff will be increased over the last 5 years. he has also promised that tarriff will start reducing again in the next 2 years.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mary Sunday Samuel Wins 7 Medals In Germany (Photos) / Yahaya Bello Is After My Life Over Defeat In The Court - Natasha Akpoti / 2018 PDP Governorship Rally In Osun State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.