Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola (30894 Views)

Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! / NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity / NLC Rejects Electricity Tariff Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by jamace(m): 11:28am On Feb 09, 2016
Fashola has looted enough govt money and does not give a damn about the masses: https://www.nairaland.com/2147714/how-fashola-looted-n402bn-lagos
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by NavierStokes(m): 11:36am On Feb 09, 2016
tempest01:
Why can't they increase the charge, and government subsidize power?

Only for metered connections.

This will force the discos to supply meters to the populace, then the subsidy can stop when the light is steady.

An increase in price without accurate metering is failure.

Perfect suggestion. Those people yp there can never come up with anything good that concerns the masses. It is a well known principle of economics that "people respond to incentives". Subsidize the power for metered connectio s and see everyone have access to meters, this generates the revenues and of course profits realized. With a larger market, comes price reduction and then the subsidy can be removed at a suitable time.
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Ttalk: 11:38am On Feb 09, 2016
emiye:
Prepaid meter for EVERYONE is the number 1 issue in my opinion. The Discos are making so much money courtesy of the inefficiency of estimated billing, that improvement in service/ power supply is not big concern to them, i have a strong belief that with prepaid meters for every subscribers and at the rate of the new tarriff, they will rake in lesser revenue, and it is no brainer they will have no choice to improve service. Also, with prepaid meters, wasteful Nigerians will conserve power supply in their homes, meaning conserved supply can be distributed to other homes.

We should not crucify Fashola, the MYTO(multi year tarriff order) was not his doing, it was an agreement of the previous regime, and this is not the first time tarriff will be increased over the last 5 years. he has also promised that tarriff will start reducing again in the next 2 years.

Why i dont like speculating on conspiracy theory, i think from what i have observed over the year is that government tend to take more from the masses and give to the elite. A situation where prepaid meter is made available to the few elite while the masses could not get meter months after payment is not acceptable. Fashola should go and conduct his investigation in Abuja where he stays, the suburb masses are paying higher prices compare to him and his elitist colleagues in Maitama despite their high consumption.

This was how he inflated the school of Lagos State University over 1000% which almost cost ACN Lagos state only to revert the anti-masses policy when he discovered that his party was going down.

Fashola should put up his thinking cap so as not lose respect of his admirers with callous policies that is targeted at pauperising the masses
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Uchexxy(m): 12:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
bettercreature:
You mean 2023? they have another 4yrs ready made mandate on the table till 2013
actually there reign is gonna be short-lived. they don't have a clear vision of what to do with the power, in the coming years we'd both experience a massive change of camps. trust me on that one
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by judondasylva(m): 7:20am On Feb 10, 2016
is this what they promised us?
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by orisa37: 2:00pm On Feb 10, 2016
A Pensioner earns 32,000 naira a month, has a 3 phase metre. Presently he receives electric bill of about N28000per month. With the increase of 45percent, he will be paying N40600 per month. This Pensioner and the wife are both 78+ years old, please , if you believe in God, don't kill these people like this. Alternatively exempt all 70 year old Nigerians from paying tariffs.
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by mindtricks: 10:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
eyeview:
Am not a bit surprised at the action of Babatunde Fashola. It is very typical of him. He is a man whose belief system is that if you want anything from govt,you must be ready to pay for it,despite any huge cost you are already paying and the poor quality you've been getting.
He is not a man known for consumer friendly policies.
I told some people when Fashola was made minister that Nigerians should be ready to pay thru their noses for everything under his ministries.
Today,my prediction (which wasn't hard to come by if you know Fashola's antecedents)has come true.
Now we are dealing with a 45% increase in electricity tarriff,even when the quality of power supply has since nose-dived. And in his typical characteristic,he will appeal to the masses to accept the 'premium' for an improved quality service.
When done,we all can be rest assured that the toll gates will be fully re-introduced on our roads and he will urge all to accept it too for an improved road network.
Nigerians should join us to 'enjoy' the Fashola style of administration.
Whatever, we must all embrace this as part of the change that is being mouthed every where. Let keep trying to understand and explaining why this regimes early disappointment is reasonable and acceptable, rather than begin to tackle them from all fronts to ensure they don't let us down!
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by mindtricks: 10:40pm On Feb 10, 2016
Uchexxy:
actually there reign is gonna be short-lived. they don't have a clear vision of what to do with the power, in the coming years we'd both experience a massive change of camps. trust me on that one
Only if for any impossible reason they are not able to use INEC to rerig themselves back in as is the norm!
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Uchexxy(m): 7:18pm On Feb 11, 2016
mindtricks:

Only if for any impossible reason they are not able to use INEC to rerig themselves back in as is the norm!
Lol. That one was funny man. totally got me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari And Zahra Depart The US / Governor Rotimi Amaechi's 50th Birthday Photos / Falae: Fulani Herdsmen Embark On Self-registration In South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.