Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? (2689 Views)

Man Invites 'Girl' Who Turns Out To Be A Guy & He Raises Alarm On Facebook / Ladies: Have You Played Hard To Get And Later Regretted It? / Lady Who Kissed A Guy From Ikeja To Lekki & Back To Ikeja Shares Her Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 08, 2016
Smellymouth:

Speechless3, so u can't remember when u asked me out? grin grin
Oh dont remind me of that nightmare angry
Re: Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? by Smellymouth: 11:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
Speechless3:
Oh dont remind me of that nightmare angry
grin Let's not divulge our personal matters on NL wink

Am still expecting the kisses u promised grin
Re: Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? by ronald4lif(m): 12:48am On Feb 09, 2016
Speechless3:
So where did this societal culture fly out from?
Not buying this cos this is exactly the same line of arguement atheists (like you tongue) use to dispute the existence of God.

I believe how we function in the society has more to do with our biology. That societal construct view does not fly if we start going to the root causes of our behaviours.

The world was patriarchal from inception and to further hold grip of male dominance men had to enact culture and social praxis that would see women be subservient to them. These includes women not supposed to even talk about sex or they would be slam promiscuous and wayward and which still exist till date. How can someone who isn't allowed to express their sexuality think of making a move on men. That's considered sacrilegious in the primeval era.

In the ancient ages women were not even allowed to choose who they want to marry. Once the suitor and her father comes to an agreement, a marriage is fixed with little or no recourse to the bride approval.

I think it's common sense that when someone isn't expected to talk about sex and freely express their feelings they develop a social unresponsiveness attitude and become withdrawn, lest they are tagged contemptible names. And similar withdrawn response affects their social behaviour and gradually evoke an unpleasant sentiment in initiating romance.

These and other negative consuetudes is responsible for men having to make first moves aeons ago and it becomes an established practice. In today's world, there are egalitarian climate where women believe they can express themselves sexually and openly without being stereotyped and make first moves too.

No biological study has been proven to be the reason why men woo women and women can't woo men. If you know of any please feel free to discuss them.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? by Qualer: 2:29am On Feb 09, 2016
Speechless3:
Not buying this cos this is exactly the same line of arguement atheists (like you tongue) use to dispute the existence of God.

I believe how we function in the society has more to do with our biology. That societal construct view does not fly if we start going to the root causes of our behaviours.

Re: Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? by birdmansoho: 3:11am On Feb 09, 2016
Speechless3:

Atheist are free thinkers who believes and hold that individuals shouldn't accept ideas or theories as truth without recourse to knowledge and reasoning.

Thus, freethinkers strive to build their opinions on the basis of facts, scientific inquiry, and logical principles, independent of any logical fallacies or the intellectually limiting effects of authority, confirmation bias, cognitive bias, conventional wisdom, popular culture, prejudice, sectarianism, tradition, urban legend, and all other dogmas.

Regarding religion, freethinkers hold that there is insufficient evidence to support the existence of supernatural phenomena. I beseech you to bring forth rational experimental facts that religion and God exist let's put them through comprehensive rigours of scientific tests.
Re: Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? by Nobody: 5:21am On Feb 09, 2016
ronald4lif:

The world was patriarchal from inception and to further hold grip of male dominance men had to enact culture and social praxis that would see women be subservient to them. These includes women not supposed to even talk about sex or they would be slam promiscuous and wayward and which still exist till date. How can someone who isn't allowed to express their sexuality think of making a move on men. That's considered sacrilegious in the primeval era.
Firstly, who made the world patriarchal? It doesnt make sense that we all started as equal and then at one time, boom! men became dominant, and in the same moment, women lost their guts. If the world started off as patriarchal then its sensible for men to always be on top in every aspect including sexuality.

Second, i dislike it when atheists talk without facts. They just throw in one or two of their "flawed" opinions about history. You say men made laws to keep women subservient. When in history did they do that? and where is your proof? Dont tell me religious books esp the bible were authored by men because thats crap. For example the laws in the bible do not resemble what a normal human being can create. They dont look like man made rules for me and so many others. And we have brains to decipher.
ronald4lif:

In the ancient ages women were not even allowed to choose who they want to marry. Once the suitor and her father comes to an agreement, a marriage is fixed with little or no recourse to the bride approval.

I think it's common sense that when someone isn't expected to talk about sex and freely express their feelings they develop a social unresponsiveness attitude and become withdrawn, lest they are tagged contemptible names. And similar withdrawn response affects their social behaviour and gradually evoke an unpleasant sentiment in initiating romance.

These and other negative consuetudes is responsible for men having to make first moves aeons ago and it becomes an established practice. In today's world, there are egalitarian climate where women believe they can express themselves sexually and openly without being stereotyped and make first moves too.

No biological study has been proven to be the reason why men woo women and women can't woo men. If you know of any please feel free to discuss them.
If the first premise is wrong, the second would be wrong and the third would follow suit. You make it sound like women were just passive then. They were in full support of men being atop because they had instincts that informed them so. I do not believe and i know reality does not agree with these postulations of yours. Men and women have always known their place from the beginning that none needed to do anything extra ordinary to coerce the other. They simply existed as they were created.

We dont need biological study on everything some things are just clear for us to see. Its like saying we need to carry out a s.study to prove that emotions exist.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? by Nobody: 5:28am On Feb 09, 2016
birdmansoho:

Atheist are free thinkers who believes and hold that individuals shouldn't accept ideas or theories as truth without recourse to knowledge and reasoning.

Thus, freethinkers strive to build their opinions on the basis of facts, scientific inquiry, and logical principles, independent of any logical fallacies or the intellectually limiting effects of authority, confirmation bias, cognitive bias, conventional wisdom, popular culture, prejudice, sectarianism, tradition, urban legend, and all other dogmas.

Regarding religion, freethinkers hold that there is insufficient evidence to support the existence of supernatural phenomena. I beseech you to bring forth rational experimental facts that religion and God exist let's put them through comprehensive rigours of scientific tests.
Sorry atheists are not free thinkers else they should have figured out that the world has a maker long ago. People who read only weird books to disprove a long-held fact are far from free thinkers. If they were "free" to an extent i dont expect them to conclude hastily about the maker's existence amidst glaring evidence

More so nobody in this world is a free thinker. May be you should look out the meaning of free.
Re: Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? by Nobody: 5:33am On Feb 09, 2016
Smellymouth:
grin Let's not divulge our personal matters on NL wink

Am still expecting the kisses u promised grin
Can i send them in advance grin
Re: Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? by Nobody: 5:33am On Feb 09, 2016
BumBae:
Do you ever loved ?? undecided

So have you? I have once... I Felt well powerful, blood. I was like yo! Grab your jacket cause you've pulled cool

1 Like

Re: Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? by Smellymouth: 6:02am On Feb 09, 2016
Speechless3:
Can i send them in advance grin

Of course , I CAN'T WAIT kiss kiss kiss
Re: Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? by Nobody: 6:35am On Feb 09, 2016
Smellymouth:

Of course , I CAN'T WAIT kiss kiss kiss
This is just for a start, expect more this week. Here...cheesy

Re: Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? by Julietcutie(f): 6:43am On Feb 09, 2016
Never i cant ...jeez dats so 1) not african lady like 2)d dude would take me for granted 3)its better d guy do d 'toasting'
Re: Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? by Smellymouth: 7:06am On Feb 09, 2016
Speechless3:
This is just for a start, expect more this week. Here...cheesy

shocked shocked whollup whollup!!! Just Gerrrarahia mehn,Shiiiiiiiiiiii cheesy Warris this? cheesy
Re: Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? by ronald4lif(m): 9:55am On Feb 09, 2016
[quote speechless3] Firstly, who made the world patriarchal? It doesnt make sense that we all started as equal and then at one time, boom! men became dominant, and in the same moment, women lost their guts. If the world started off as patriarchal then its sensible for men to always be on top in every aspect including sexuality. [\quote]

[b]Speechless3 - Men are physically stronger than women, back then, strength determined everything.
In the beginning of mankind, survival was dependent on those who had physical strength and endurance. Men were the hunters, the protectors of our species. Because of this, they were dominant coz human's survival was hugely based on agrarian and due to mens strength they were better positioned in agricultural sustainability.

Now has come a time we have evolved as a species and physical strength and endurance is not the most needed asset for human survival.

Your argument of men continuing to be superior coz they started off is grossly flawed. The world is evolving and humans are hugely responsible for the evolvement we have made so to continue in same way we started off is impractical and senseless. Do you as a woman still depends on men for survival and don't work for your own subsistence? Does your primeval role as a house wife whose existence is in the kitchen and no career and ambitions still same as obtainable in the past? I can go on and on but would leave it here for now.[/b]

Second, i dislike it when atheists talk without facts. They just throw in one or two of their "flawed" opinions about history. You say men made laws to keep women subservient. When in history did they do that? and where is your proof? Dont tell me religious books esp the bible were authored by men because thats crap. For example the laws in the bible do not resemble what a normal human being can create. They dont look like man made rules for me and so many others. And we have brains to decipher.

Unlike Theist, Atheist don't make superfluous claims without observable and experimented facts. I refer you to my previous post where I said women who openly talk about sex were seen (and are still as wayward in some societies) and who made it so?

How come in the primeval ages women are married off sometimes without their approval and who made such system enabled? Who made it possible for a woman not to seek for self-development in the past but remain perpetual housewives whose only duty was to procreate and depend on the men for survival while he dictates her every movement? Do you know there was a time where a married woman is not allowed to speak to other man without their husbands permission and who made such rules? I'm flummoxed that a lady is the one asking such frivolous question like how did men made women subservient in the past.

I understand religion has had a toll on your knowledge of historical facts but I never knew it could be this bad. At least 80% of the bible and all religious books were authored by men. You can't call it crap without tendering a rational antithesis to that effect. Were Mathew, John, James, Mark, Paul etc women? If they are not normal humans please tell who were they with evidence to that effect.

If the first premise is wrong, the second would be wrong and the third would follow suit. You make it sound like women were just passive then. They were in full support of men being atop because they had instincts that informed them so. I do not believe and i know reality does not agree with these postulations of yours. Men and women have always known their place from the beginning that none needed to do anything extra ordinary to coerce the other. They simply existed as they were created.

The premise was wrong only in your imagination. Had women were in full support of their roles and position back then like you claim, they won't be any need to change. They had no control and say so had to obliged to societal rules.

Simply existed as they were created? By your imaginary white bearded God I suppose? News Flash - he (God) doesn't exist. Only in the minds of religious wingnuts like yourself.

We dont need biological study on everything some things are just clear for us to see. Its like saying we need to carry out a s.study to prove that emotions exist.

Here's a surprise for you, there is a scientific study that details what triggers emotion and why it existence is real. Emotion is a chemical reaction from the brain. The Hypothalamus triggers the physical manifestations such as the pounding heart and dry mouth that come with fear. The Hippocampus is responsible for our memories of incidents that carry a strong emotional flavour. The Amygdala influences the manners in which we behave when emotionally aroused. For example, laughing when happy, and crying when distressed. It is particularly active in emotional reactions associated with fear, anger, flight and defence.

These parts of the brain are the hardware, the chemicals that they use as communicators may be considered as being our software.

Emotions are neuropeptides attaching to receptors and stimulating an electrical change on neurons. The mind exists not only in the brain. Neuropeptides are also produced by the spleen, thymus, bone marrow, lymph glands, and the dorsal horn of the spine. Neuropeptides produced by the brain, arriving to open receptors in the intestines, are the root of the expression gut feeling. Emotion is scientifically proven unlike your distorted hope of reality that it isn't.
Re: Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? by sinequanon: 4:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
ronald4lif:
Here's a surprise for you, there is a scientific study that details what triggers emotion and why it existence is real. Emotion is a chemical reaction from the brain.

There is no such study. There are studies about what accompanies emotion, but the causality is still an enigma.

Here is a question for you:

Can a machine have emotion?

I'd say that emotion requires consciousness. Science cannot even define consciousness, let alone find its cause.
Re: Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? by sinequanon: 4:18pm On Feb 09, 2016
Appropriately, this year is a leap year.

29th February is the one traditional day of the year on which women can ask men out.
Re: Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
I'm shocked that a Man is teaching a woman about her importance. Yet she argues for her oppression using every means possible... The world today is laughable.
Re: Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
Nubian113:

So have you? I have once... I Felt well powerful, blood. I was like yo! Grab your jacket cause you've pulled cool
Lol that op engish is bad lol

Yes i have unfortunately ended in tears and one in jail .. Sad story oh well angry

Me i love LOVE cheesy
Re: Ladies Have You Ever Made The First Move On A Guy? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
BumBae:

Lol that op engish is bad lol

Yes i have unfortunately ended in tears and one in jail .. Sad story oh well angry

Me i love LOVE cheesy

Lol! Jail and tears shocked wtf grin

Girl you too fine to approach men if this is the results lol

I love love too

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Nairalanders Who Love Creating Very Dumb Threads! / She's Just Too Beautiful / Married Ghanian Bleached Boxer Groping Underaged Girl’s B00bs Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.