Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal (25620 Views)

Frail Looking PMB Arrives London Hospital As Health Crisis Worsens (pics Of Ear) / Lai Mohammed Disowns Ministry’s N398m Votes For Computers / Boko Haram Members Dressed As Health Workers Arrested In Zaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by tete7000(m): 7:54am On Feb 09, 2016
oduastates:
Buhari should not waste his time .
Take advise.
Use the Georgian example .
Get rid of the entire federal civil service apart from the armed forces and hospital( where you can surgically do a repairs job).
Get rid and rebuild.
Na mago mago most of the civil servant take get dem jobs from one alhaji,pastor, oga at the top, senator,general etc.

This is 2016 oga, a democratic era. We have gone beyond years of despotic leaders. Tell the president rather to sit up or honourably resign.

1 Like

Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by ellechrystal(f): 7:57am On Feb 09, 2016
henryhemon:

You read and don't understand who is the joker here? Obviously you,he said it was inflated that's integrity little girl n that's fighting corruption or do you just comment for the sake of it? He could have gone ahead with the inflated budget of he doesn't have integrity or probably your 've such a low brain?
Mr low brain, always defending his despicable master. Minion of d highest order, u didn't need to insult to display it high level of dumbness, u r d toad who didn't understand. Silly joker, I wonder how peeps like u survive, or sleep at night. Defending a dullards administration must be really hard for u.
Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by kevyngbash(m): 7:58am On Feb 09, 2016
So this ministers still have 'unconcluded ' budget items in February? As if his excuse is enough. Either way, he is wrong, he has been unfair to Nigerian.

So we should wait till February of the next year for his ministry to conclude before doing something about the budget? This man is not serious if this news item is true as reported
Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by Pope22(m): 7:58am On Feb 09, 2016
How I wish tomorrow was 2019 so that we would vote these idiots out of power!
Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by fujirice: 7:59am On Feb 09, 2016
ednut1:
Confusion break bone CBB. APC and Gary Neville have something in common. Them sabi talk,analyze and criticise. But when they later got into position to act. They bcom clueless and confused grin
Lol... you omitted Sunday Oliseh grin grin

1 Like

Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by poseidon12: 8:01am On Feb 09, 2016
It's becoming obvious that Buhari can not successfully run this country. GEJ was called clueless but it seems that Buhari is the epitome of cluelessness. We are really in trouble.
Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:02am On Feb 09, 2016
fitzmayowa:

I begin to wonder the kind of corruption we are fighting in this country, when the budget that's suppose to carter for nigerians is riddled with corruption all over, i wonder what the almighty EFCC and DSS are doing about this glaring case of corruption...

In a sane country heads would have started rolling...SMH
And the APC zombies and their ogas will always say "Provide evidence of corruption "
Now here's a clear evidence of corrupt practice provided by non other than a whole minister of Health and the EFCC et al seem to be unaware and are not bothered. This can never happen in most countries.
Maybe APC's corruption is permitted because they are in power. Reminds me of the epic novel : ANIMAL FARM.

1 Like

Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by cirmuell(m): 8:02am On Feb 09, 2016
plaetton:

My dear young Einstein,

A budget, a national budget is not something you delegate to a business center to prepare for you.

It is a blueprint of the leader's or party's vision, a document that encapsulates their ideology, their economic prudence and moral probity.

If you now blame invisible enemies for the wishy washy items on your national budget, your premiere budget, then it is the clearest INDICTMENT that you lack VISION, have wishy washy ideology, ignorant of economic prudence and short on moral probity.

Call a spade a spade.
Like I pointed out earlier, I'm not expecting anything less from your likes. In Nigeria ANYTHING is possible, people will do just about anything to achieve their aims.

Just that the Presidency is partly to blame for this development.
Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by fujirice: 8:06am On Feb 09, 2016
henryhemon:

You read and don't understand who is the joker here? Obviously you,he said it was inflated that's integrity little girl n that's fighting corruption or do you just comment for the sake of it? He could have gone ahead with the inflated budget of he doesn't have integrity or probably your 've such a low brain?
Lemme me make sure I did not misunderstand the news. So our president submitted an inflated and over bloated budget without detection until now? So what's your point of argument here?

1 Like

Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by Kazrem(m): 8:06am On Feb 09, 2016
Mtcheew
Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by mrmetoo1: 8:06am On Feb 09, 2016
The budget has just been a huge mess. I'll be very disappointed if heads don't roll over this. Even if someone has to fall on the sword to redeem this a little, it needs to happen.

On the other hand, I'm glad this is happening. This is a minister that could have as well gone with the flow and just got his cut down the line. He maintained his integrity and disowned the budget. Things like these could have been happening in the past but we never hear about it because everyone was in cahoots. Let's fight this corruption, one minister at a time, one PS at a time, one civil servant at a time and we'll surely get there.

I've actually been in the office of a commissioner one day, where she was blasting one of these civil servants for not including certain items in the budget. Basically she didn't include them but she was saying they needed to buy them, the commissioner asked if budget office knew, she said no need that they'll just take it from one other allocation on the budget, from "equipment". Meaning that "equipment" is something they add every year to pad the budget. I swear it was as if the commissioner should slap the lady but maybe because we were in the office she couldn't say more than she did. Corruption is deeply rooted in ourinstitutions but the buck stops at the desks of our leaders, if they need to check these things a million times before it's made public, so be it.

1 Like

Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by poiZon: 8:12am On Feb 09, 2016
fitzmayowa:

I begin to wonder the kind of corruption we are fighting in this country, when the budget that's suppose to carter for nigerians is riddled with corruption all over, i wonder what the almighty EFCC and DSS are doing about this glaring case of corruption...

In a sane country heads would have started rolling...SMH

this one na small corruption, d bigger one is doing press up in the 500billion social whateva program.
money wey sensible people for take develop the country, build infrastructures n improve on the power problems, dem wan carry dash people wey dem tag poorest like say poor person de show for face. I poor but e no show for my face, e get person wey rich but u fit see am pity am wan de give am money everyday.
may God helep us in dis chanji o

1 Like

Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by plaetton: 8:14am On Feb 09, 2016
cirmuell:
Like I pointed out earlier, I'm not expecting anything less from your likes. In Nigeria ANYTHING is possible, people will do just about anything to achieve their aims.

Just that the Presidency is partly to blame for this development.

Lol.

It's like religion, where an invisible enemy , the devil, is always there to take the blame for every human shortcoming.

Yeah.
Keep up the blame game.

1 Like

Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by Justicealh3(m): 8:15am On Feb 09, 2016
likila:
WHY? #BUHARIISACRIMINAL!
grin grin grin grin
??
Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by donodion(m): 8:15am On Feb 09, 2016
OKDnigeria:

www.thenationonlineng.net/health-minister-disowns-budget-proposal/

Nuff respect for the health minister.He have the balls to openly condemn and reject the bill.

Despite pdp trained crooks who have manouvered their way into the camp of APC to continue their trade; padding of bills and contracts and looting, there are still elements of good standing nd patriots in this government cabinet whose names shall be written in gold.

PMB must no longer trust all the people surrounding him.Every serving minister must be under close surveillance and any found culpable be exposed and punished accordingly.

God bless my country Nigeria.
Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by cirmuell(m): 8:19am On Feb 09, 2016
plaetton:

Lol.

It's like religion, where an invisible enemy , the devil, is always there to take the blame for every human shortcoming.

Yeah.
Keep up the blame game.
People like you didn't believe there were 'invisible enemies' of the State in the last administration, now they are being unmasked. #Objectivity matters alot bro.

1 Like

Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:21am On Feb 09, 2016
plaetton:

Lol.

That's ignorance

Yeah.
Keep up the blame game.

The blame game at least lets us know the perpetrators of evil in this country . Nigeria's love to point accusing fingers , it saves the masses , news writers and political pundits lots of debates
Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by Teddeebear: 8:22am On Feb 09, 2016
hahaha

good morning Mizmycoli, see your people … hahaha, pls don't talk wait for implementation, when all the false figures have been looted and chicken change left for the public
Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by castrokins(m): 8:22am On Feb 09, 2016
This Isn't IPOD, IPAD Thing. Your People Goofed Big Time. So You Mean Buhari Is So Dumb He'd Accept Anything The So-called Mafia Left Behind By Your Imaginary Buffoon Will Put Before Him? C'mon!! This Same Budget Was Hyped As The Best Thing To Ever Happen To Nigeria Since Independence, But Here We Are. Your Health Minister Is Asking The Senate To Ditch His President's Budget And Wait For His Version. You'd Be Ashamed Seriously...

Iroh88:
Hey, ipod youth, some of the Goats the Ineffectual Buffoon left behind, AKA the Budget Mafia, are back to their grind but let me assure yall Wailing IPADs, they will definitely be found and out and ruthlessly dealt with.

Ready your placards because you'd need them for another round of street exercise- some of your Role Models and recalcitrant Goats are about to be served very humble pies. wink
Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by Daintelectual(m): 8:25am On Feb 09, 2016
Iroh88:
Hey, ipod youth, some of the Goats the Ineffectual Buffoon left behind, AKA the Budget Mafia, are back to their grind but let me assure yall Wailing IPADs, they will definitely be found and out and ruthlessly dealt with.

Ready your placards because you'd need them for another round of street exercise- some of your Role Models and recalcitrant Goats are about to be served very humble pies. wink
Try your best to constructively engage without being tribalistic and overly sectional.
Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by egbesegbe: 8:27am On Feb 09, 2016
henryhemon:

I had the opportunity to have a business encounter with gej's family after the elections ....I saw the reason he failed he wasn't man enough.

You are a liar, I am sorry to say this. Most of you are blindfolded with partisan politics. I sincerely feel it is time to deal with issues on ground and forget about a man who you feel had failed. We are having serious issue of great importance on ground, for you to analyse it and propose a way out of it, you are there lying on someone whom you haven't met to buttress your partisan behaviour. I feel so bad when I see some learned Nigerians defending what a dullard and illiterates in western world will publicly denounced just because he wants to support his party. We should know that this country belong to all of us and we will be answerable to the next generation and our children. Please don't try and reply me because I don't have time for bigotry like you.
Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by BushidoBlue(m): 8:31am On Feb 09, 2016
kponkanaG3:
lol its funny how some of you think, do you say integrity ? Does that mean the Hon.Minister has more integrity than His Excellence PMB who crosschecked the budget after retrieving NH? And resubmitted it and assured Nigerians that its the Original ? Please educate me, I ask because I don't know.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by BushidoBlue(m): 8:32am On Feb 09, 2016
egbesegbe:

You are a liar, I am sorry to say this. Most of you are blindfolded with partisan politics. I sincerely feel it is time to deal with issues on ground and forget about a man who you feel had failed. We are having serious issue of great importance on ground, for you to analyse it and propose a way out of it, you are there lying on someone whom you haven't met to buttress your partisan behaviour. I feel so bad when I see some learned Nigerians defending what a dullard and illiterates in western world will publicly denounced just because he wants to support his party. We should know that this country belong to all of us and we will be answerable to the next generation and our children. Please don't try and reply me because I don't have time for bigotry like you.

1 Like

Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by nellyelitz(m): 8:35am On Feb 09, 2016
Am not still stup!d to believe that duara man has no knowledge of all these scam. He's the author of all these, very soon we go know.

2 Likes

Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by vislabraye(m): 8:38am On Feb 09, 2016
Badguytinz:
Can Nigerians fucking protest??!!!! angry
Aren't we tired of these nonsense we've been hearing for decades.
We should have some sort of revolution, because this is not just working for us at all...
Hit the like button if you agree...And lets start getting more people to join the cause.
The cause for democracy
The cause for rights and what we deserve!
We deserve education!
We deserve good roads!electricity!jobs!healthcare!roads!water!etc!
We are tired of deceits and lies from unfuckingbelievable good for nothing shitty hypocritical leaders.
We no go gree! angry angry angry angry

Abeg, tell them. I remember around this time 4 years ago, there was a Nation wide protest which was led by prominent Nigerians. Tunde Bakare was even one of them. But today, he is silent. When last did you hear him speak ? Where is Soyinka ? How can Soyinka speak when #80m was spent in hosting him ?
Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by plaetton: 8:38am On Feb 09, 2016
cirmuell:
People like you didn't believe there were 'invisible enemies' of the State in the last administration, now they are being unmasked. #Objectivity matters alot bro.

When you say people like me, do you think I was clapping or cheering for the last administration?
I lost hope in the redemptive quality of GEJ half way into his administration.

But however, as history would inevitably show in due time, the achievements of GEJs administration might not be attained, let alone surpassed by this current horde of locusts.

I am apolitical. Good leadership, no matter where it comes from, benefits me as well as all Nigerians.

I, like many Nigerians, am ashamed to confess that I fell for the " Change " mantra of the APC.

The glaring facts on the ground right now is that the assemblage of strange bedfellows in power right now appear to be more intellectually and morally bereft than any previous ones.

It is just unbelievable that they would use their premiere budget of " change" to play their hands so early in the game. shocked

They are unravelling even sooner than most of their detractors had even envisaged.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by vislabraye(m): 8:39am On Feb 09, 2016
nellyelitz:
Am not still stup!d to believe that duara man has no knowledge of all these scam. He's the author of all these, very soon we go know.

They say Gej was weak. But Buhari is a dullard. I don't know which is better ? undecided
Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by coolscott(m): 8:40am On Feb 09, 2016
pabloid:
Efcc is sooooooo corrupt. They only chase the resident's perceived enemies. We've been screaming about the health ministry and the corrupt CMDs. I guess EFCC is on their payroll too
What's a CMD please?
Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by An0nimus: 8:44am On Feb 09, 2016
Sadly, everything is polarized along party lines. This budget mafia are, first of all, Nigerians. You'd be surprised some of them have never held political posts or did they even vote at the last elections. These are Nigerians who feel the need to inflate figures because 'government money na our money'.

Some of us will rush and blame Buhari because in our intelligent minds one man can monitor every single move across every public office. Fighting corruption will never be easy as it must fight back.
Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by emiye(m): 8:52am On Feb 09, 2016
The budget has several loopholes, and i think the minister has acted in good faith, the pmb administration has learnt it lesson, the ministers didnt have a firm grip of the budget due to the fact they came in late, some of the supposed fellows standing in gap who initially were involved in the budget process were crooks, but the correction lies in these sort of process and even implementation stage.
Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by Gkemz: 9:02am On Feb 09, 2016
Most controversial govt. We don enter one chance
Re: Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal by cirmuell(m): 9:13am On Feb 09, 2016
plaetton:

When you say people like me, do you think I was clapping or cheering for the last administration?
I lost hope in the redemptive quality of GEJ half way into his administration.

But however, as history would inevitably show in due time, the achievements of GEJs administration might not be attained, let alone surpassed by this current horde of locusts.

I am apolitical. Good leadership, no matter where it comes from, benefits me as well as all Nigerians.

I, like many Nigerians, am ashamed to confess that I fell for the " Change " mantra of the APC.

The glaring facts on the ground right now is that the assemblage of strange bedfellows in power right now appear to be more intellectually and morally bereft than any previous ones.

It is just unbelievable that they would use their premiere budget of " change" to play their hands so early in the game. shocked

They are unravelling even sooner than most of their detractors had even envisaged.
Truth be told I have my reservations about some of the policies of this new administration, but honestly it's too early to start judging please. I'm no blind follower, you should check my previous post in politics section.

We are where we are today because of the ineptitude of the previous government. This might not be the 'change' we clamoured for, but I will NEVER regret voting out GEJ.

I keep saying it, this budget bruhahaha is probably a deliberate attempt by some disgrunted elements to rubbish his anti-corruption campaign.

Why would he send a budget he knows will spark uproar to the same senate he faulted its spendings?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Udom Emmanuel Buys Garri, Okro & Crayfish In Market (Photos) / El-zakzaky, Wife Depart Nigeria For India / Peter Obi's Interview With Aledeh On Classic 97.3 FM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.