Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling (2705 Views)

Reno Omokri's Tweet About Kachikwu, Atiku, Fayose & Buhari Got Twitter Boiling / Portharcourt Is Boiling Right Now..nnamdi Kanu Liveon The Street Of Portharcourt / Breaking News!! Aso Rock Is Boiling At The Moment!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by Jimiyke(m): 7:18pm On Feb 11, 2016
Gentlemen, my response to those disgruntled element who are labouring hard to dent the good image of our Governor: It is about time people learnt to seek information before engaging in a matter the know nothing about.

Gov. Okorocha never caused any problem in Imo but is only doing his best to change the unfortunate tradition of ineptitude and to correct entrenched corrupt practices.

One, why will Imo not boiled when Gov. Okorocha said no to lawyers who take home the sum of N390, 000 as monthly salary while their colleagues in contemporary States go home with less than N100, 000.

While will Imo not boil because Gov Okorocha said no to a situation where Doctors collect N300, 000 to over N 500,000 naira only to allow the indigent people to die as they will never go to work.

He also proposed to give them N50 million and N2 million every month to treat the indigents free but they refused yet our people die for lack of health care. That was the reason for proposed concession.

Why would Imo not boil because Gov insisted that those who earn salaries from abroad should be stopped.

My people, pls it is easy to dent an image of someone you feel that has stood against the free lunch tradition. Any one speaking on policies he knows nothing about may just be one of ghost workers if not one of those recalcitrant unpatriotic enemies of Imo State.

Meanwhile, in his listening manner, Gov Okorocha still sat to agree with the Labour for peace to rain.

3 Likes

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by SHEEGO2015(m): 7:21pm On Feb 11, 2016
Wen d boiling point reaches 100 °c.... Tell us

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by diasporaman(m): 7:21pm On Feb 11, 2016
g
Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by funkyibodude(m): 7:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
@op can I object, I don't mean to insult you or gov rochas but I will only attack your sense of reasoning and that of your lying, pathetic, disgusting, irritating and a sorry excuse of a governor angry, first of doctors are professionals, so also are lawyers. Them earning that amount of money, is not a start off pay, need I remind you and your governor that it takes years to climb in your career, and as you climb so also your salary. Take for instance a grade level 8 officer at the state level earns about 40k with allowances inclusive, when you get to grade level 16 as a director you earn about 200k, and if lucky when made a permanent secretary you earn about 500k. And I am talking of about 35yrs in service or 65years of retirement age.. This is enacted by the civil service rules and regulations.

Now the problem with your so called beloved governor he thinks that earning that huge amount of money is a start off pay, not knowing that it takes years of hard work and dedication to service.. Rochaas ain't no administrator, he knows nothing about civil service, the worst is those that surround him. I blame the head of the civil service of Imo state, one dude called ekenze, because he's not doing his job right when it comes to civil service matters.

Let me make it clear that rochas wants to run Imo state like a family business, where he would decide who gets what, where and how much.
In summary NLC has shown rochas that he's not bigger than the masses. Person wey get ear make him hear.. This is just the beginning. undecided cheers

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by excellencyabia1: 8:02pm On Feb 11, 2016
The his cause of creating all this difficulties are just and not for his and his gang selfish interest, why did he not present it open even to the NLC to see what he is seeing?
Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by Flexherbal(m): 8:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
Politicians should learn to serve their people.
Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by Lordave: 8:15pm On Feb 11, 2016
Jimiyke:
[s]Gentlemen, my response to those disgruntled element who are labouring hard to dent the good image of our Governor: It is about time people learnt to seek information before engaging in a matter the know nothing about.

Gov. Okorocha never caused any problem in Imo but is only doing his best to change the unfortunate tradition of ineptitude and to correct entrenched corrupt practices.

One, why will Imo not boiled when Gov. Okorocha said no to lawyers who take home the sum of N390, 000 as monthly salary while their colleagues in contemporary States go home with less than N100, 000.

While will Imo not boil because Gov Okorocha said no to a situation where Doctors collect N300, 000 to over N 500,000 naira only to allow the indigent people to die as they will never go to work.

He also proposed to give them N50 million and N2 million every month to treat the indigents free but they refused yet our people die for lack of health care. That was the reason for proposed concession.

Why would Imo not boil because Gov insisted that those who earn salaries from abroad should be stopped.

My people, pls it is easy to dent an image of someone you feel that has stood against the free lunch tradition. Any one speaking on policies he knows nothing about may just be one of ghost workers if not one of those recalcitrant unpatriotic enemies of Imo State.

Meanwhile, in his listening manner, Gov Okorocha still sat to agree with the Labour for peace to rain.[/s]
Abagworo, try another lie, your fraudulent APC master, OkorOchicha, has been found out and nothing will stop us Imolites from rebelling against his useless government.

By the way, Imo is boiling because OkorOchicha built a Christmas tree with N600 million just to tell the world Imo is broke in a month time.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by Abagworo(m): 8:15pm On Feb 11, 2016
funkyibodude:
@op can I object, I don't mean to insult you or gov rochas but I will only attack your sense of reasoning and that of your beloved devil or I mean governor angry, first of doctors are professionals, so also are lawyers. Them earning that amount of money, is not a start off pay, need I remind you and your governor that it takes years to climb in your career, and as you climb so also your salary. Take for instance a grade level 8 officer at the state level earns about 40k with allowances inclusive, when you get to grade level 16 as a director you earn about 200k, and if lucky when made a permanent secretary you earn about 500k. And I am talking of about 35yrs in service or 65years of retirement age.. This is enacted by the civil service rules and regulations.

Now the problem with your so called beloved governor he thinks that earning that huge amount of money is a start off pay, not knowing that it takes years of hard work and dedication to service.. Rochaas ain't no administrator, he knows nothing about civil service, the worst is those that surround him. I blame the head of the civil service of Imo state, one dude called ekenze, because he's not doing his job right when it comes to civil service matters.

Let me make it clear that rochas wants to run Imo state like a family business, where he would decide who gets what, where and how much.
In summary NLC has shown rochas that he's not bigger than the masses. Person wey get ear make him hear.. This is just the beginning. undecided cheers

What Rochas Okorocha is trying to do is the most sustainable solution to our inept civil service in Nigeria. That is the simple truth. By the time oil falls to 5DPB our only possible means of maintaining huge workforce is by making Government owned parastatals more sustainable by achieving at least 70% self funding.

IMHO the funds should have been directed to free education and building of more schools. Will Imolites be happy if free education is cancelled because of most funds going to paying ghost workers? Concessioning will be as difficult to implement as subsidy but just like we removed subsidy now that we are pushed to the wall so shall this Rochas idea be in future.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by Abagworo(m): 8:25pm On Feb 11, 2016
excellencyabia1:
The his cause of creating all this difficulties are just and not for his and his gang selfish interest, why did he not present it open even to the NLC to see what he is seeing?

He presented not just to labour but even on the pages of newspapers. The Imo NLC chairman was antagonistic to Okorocha even before elections. I don't support him being under Okorocha's complete control but he needs to support Government policies for betterment of the State.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by asha80(m): 8:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
Abagworo:

What Rochas Okorocha is trying to do is the most sustainable solution to our inept civil service in Nigeria. That is the simple truth. By the time oil falls to 5DPB our only possible means of maintaining huge workforce is by making Government owned parastatals more sustainable by achieving at least 70% self funding.

IMHO the funds should have been directed to free education and building of more schools. Will Imolites be happy if free education is cancelled because of most funds going to paying ghost workers? Concessioning will be as difficult to implement as subsidy but just like we removed subsidy now that we are pushed to the wall so shall this Rochas idea be in future.
I really don't buy this free education as presently implemented..give back those secondary schools and primary schools built by the voluntary organizations just before the way like the holy ghost and Emmanuel colleges..give them subventions for period of Tim to build back those schools ( since govts ran them down as usual) and then finally hands off to focus more on the remaining govt schools like govt colledge,owerri girls, akwakuma girls and implement the free education on these schools

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by meforyou1(m): 8:51pm On Feb 11, 2016
Op, Imo is boiling because of foolish people like you that support that born criminal okorocha because of your daily bread.
Okorocha is a criminal. A born criminal. That tyrant has destroyed Imo state.
Just check our neighboring states Anambra and Enugu. While their past and present governors are busy making their states the best, okorocha is so busy eating Imo dry and destroying every infrastructure to its foundation.
Rivers govt constructed the rivers end of ph - owerri rd since 4 years ago or so, but the Imo end has been a nightmare and death trap till today. Owerri - Aba road is in a state of disrepair till date.
There is no economic activity going on in owerri as at now.
And the lands of my fathers, arondizuogu, has been systematically shut out and left to decay till this second.
Okorocha is a fraud.

5 Likes

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by meforyou1(m): 9:14pm On Feb 11, 2016
Abagworo:

this Mr lie Mohd of Imo state. Do you have conscience at all?
There is no single free education in Imo state. I attended a wedding in Mbano in Dec 2015. Teachers union came because a relative of the celebrant was an Imo teacher.
While talking to one of the teachers I became friends with, I talked of okorocha and his free education. The lady shouted that I should shut up. That there is no free education in Imo state. And that Okorocha has not paid them for the last 11 months. I felt bad. Asked other teachers and they collaborated her story.
I dashed her 20k.
And all u propagandist can do is to come here and spread lies

6 Likes

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by emekachimek: 9:17pm On Feb 11, 2016
You must be one of the Rochas's sympathizers he hired yesterday to disrupt the peaceful protest by the NLC. But thank God, NLC pass una, and you couldn't make any move again. Please stop spreading falsehood and propaganda here, no market for you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by wiseoneking: 9:42pm On Feb 11, 2016
Jimiyke:
Gentlemen, my response to those disgruntled element who are labouring hard to dent the good image of our Governor: It is about time people learnt to seek information before engaging in a matter the know nothing about.

Meanwhile, in his listening manner, Gov Okorocha still sat to agree with the Labour for peace to rain.
Nnaa, go and sit down with that your confused governor. The worst performing governor in the SE who only competes with Agrebe. Okoroawusa is the greatest scam in the land of the rising sun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
asha80:
I really don't buy this free education as presently implemented..give back those secondary schools and primary schools built by the voluntary organizations just before the way like the holy ghost and Emmanuel colleges..give them subventions for period of Tim to build back those schools ( since govts ran them down as usual) and then finally hands off to focus more on the remaining govt schools like govt colledge,owerri girls, akwakuma girls and implement the free education on these schools
Many of the schools have been handed back to the Christian missions, except that IMSG allocate some monthly subvention to them to run these schools.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by asha80(m): 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2016
Chiwude:
Many of the schools have been handed back to the Christian missions, except that IMSG allocate some monthly subvention to them to run these schools.
ok but i do not think it was complete though with Emmanuel and holyghost colleges still looking like it is still run by govt.also I dont think primary schools hitherto missionary back then were handed back

3 Likes

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
asha80:
ok but i do not think it was complete though with Emmanuel and holyghost colleges still looking like it is still run by govt.also I dont think primary schools hitherto missionary back then were handed back
Yes you're right. It was more like a pseudo handover. The schools were still run under government supervision and control. You should know your Governor by now, rather than hand them completely to the missionaries, he went ahead playing to the gallery. Free education he wanted, free problem he got.
We now have a government running on a higher deficit than envisaged.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by ifyan(m): 10:47pm On Feb 11, 2016
Propaganda everywhere.

Why are people bent on living with lies, is it that it what motivate them
Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by Abagworo(m): 11:10pm On Feb 11, 2016
asha80:

Between health and education which one is better to be concessioned? What you wrote up there is what the Government has been talking about with regards to health. Okorocha as a man seems to like education for the poor hence he wants it free and is trying his best to sustain it.

All those schools have been completely rebuilt by Okorocha anyway.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by Abagworo(m): 11:14pm On Feb 11, 2016
meforyou1:
this Mr lie Mohd of Imo state. Do you have conscience at all?
There is no single free education in Imo state. I attended a wedding in Mbano in Dec 2015. Teachers union came because a relative of the celebrant was an Imo teacher.
While talking to one of the teachers I became friends with, I talked of okorocha and his free education. The lady shouted that I should shut up. That there is no free education in Imo state. And that Okorocha has not paid them for the last 11 months. I felt bad. Asked other teachers and they collaborated her story.
I dashed her 20k.
And all u propagandist can do is to come here and spread lies

What amuses me is how you could come up with such unfounded story. I have several relatives studying free in Imo State institutions and my Aunt is a school Principal for that matter. Teachers always received their salary promptly and have very highly vordial relationship with Okorocha. Why do you think they refused to join the NLC protest?

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by Abagworo(m): 11:23pm On Feb 11, 2016
And finally OP Imo State is the most civilised and free State in Nigeria hence every section is always seen protesting over one grievance or the other almost on daily basis. No other State has experienced 1/20th the number of protests as Imo State. It does not really translate to boiling for politics and civilisation is the reason.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by kutchs: 11:25pm On Feb 11, 2016
Abagworo:

What amuses me is how you could come up with such unfounded story. I have several relatives studying free in Imo State institutions and my Aunt is a school Principal for that matter. Teachers always received their salary promptly and have very highly vordial relationship with Okorocha. Why do you think they refused to join the NLC protest?
Well you aint the only one who has relatives studying in Imo State institutions. Many of us do too. My younger brother graduated from IMSU in 2014 while the other a cousin left Imo Poly in 2013. For the period ojorocha claimed to be giving free education I was paying for the two guys at school.

Funny enough, you have to pay #20,000 access fee before you are qualified to benefit from the scheme. What sort of free education are students forced to pay something before you are given something free?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 11, 2016
Whatever the salaries the lawyers take is it their due constitutionally? If yes then stop quoting other states.

Your quotation of doctors' pay in IMO get K leg. If they don't come to work, then pick them out n not threaten 3000 workers.

To me u seem biased because in Osun about 2weeks ago, the rascal Aregbesola was boosting to union leaders that okorocha will sack workers n nothing will happen. I'm sure they are friends. Is that the gov u are backing up.

Check out your story of okorocha wanting to give them 50million n they refused. Who are the they? Sorry but pls be logical, is that how things work?
SUDDENLY IN THE MIDDLE OF HIS SECOND TERM HE IS NOW SEEING WORKERS INEPTITUDE. HOW DOES THAT DESCRIBE OKOROCHA'S INEPTITUDE?

Lastly, the no of your likes has shown the peoples reaction to your post.
Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by asha80(m): 12:17am On Feb 12, 2016
Abagworo:

Between health and education which one is better to be concessioned? What you wrote up there is what the Government has been talking about with regards to health. Okorocha as a man seems to like education for the poor hence he wants it free and is trying his best to sustain it.

All those schools have been completely rebuilt by Okorocha anyway.
yeah except that some of them the windows have been stolen or damaged and it is not just about repair but running of the schools..he should reduce the burden on himself in education.it would be more effective to sustain free and importantly quality with the govt owned schools.it is not concessioning schools per say but giving those missionary schools back to their owners since they built them in first instance not govt unlike hospitals..states surrounding us are not fools to have done that

3 Likes

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by Abagworo(m): 12:27am On Feb 12, 2016
kutchs:

Well you aint the only one who has relatives studying in Imo State institutions. Many of us do too. My younger brother graduated from IMSU in 2014 while the other a cousin left Imo Poly in 2013. For the period ojorocha claimed to be giving free education I was paying for the two guys at school.

Funny enough, you have to pay #20,000 access fee before you are qualified to benefit from the scheme. What sort of free education are students forced to pay something before you are given something free?

It is quite wrong for any human to openly lie in a verifiable issue. Kindly show Nairalanders your receipt of payment for tuition fees from 2012 to 2014 for those yoir brothers. 20, 000 whatever you paid cannot be school fees. It could be confirmation or registration. School fees cannot be less than 100k.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by funkyibodude(m): 5:42am On Feb 12, 2016
Abagworo:

guy please stop quoting me, you seriously irritate me angry.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by kutchs: 5:59am On Feb 12, 2016
Abagworo:

It is quite wrong for any human to openly lie in a verifiable issue. Kindly show Nairalanders your receipt of payment for tuition fees from 2012 to 2014 for those yoir brothers. 20, 000 whatever you paid cannot be school fees. It could be confirmation or registration. School fees cannot be less than 100k.
It's even more wrong to defend the callousness of Nero against the good people of Imo State. Many parents whose wards attended and are attending those school can confirm what I posted above. About the #20,000 I paid, I didn't say it's school fees but 'access fee' paid into a dedicated govt account without which you don't qualify to even be attended to. The question is what's free if you have to a fee access free education.

That aside, I have written on many conference papers that 'free education' isn't possible for now, at least not in the manner Ojorocha has gone about it and given the population of Imolites in school. What Imo State needs is quality education and not free education. What rochas is deceptively doing is giving poor quality for 'free'. Quality education encompasses access, content and cost. Quality education is costly and no serious govt can conveniently carry the burden alone. Go to IMSU and see how poor infrastructure there is, if not for TETfund IMSU would have collapsed.

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by Nobody: 6:14am On Feb 12, 2016
If that strike is all about doctors serving under govt hospitals, then Rochas is on the right course.

Those murafcckers never show up at their duty posts, they only care about their private hospitals and expect salary from govt.

They can't have their cake and eat it naa. Abeg Rochas should also seize their licenses too.angry

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by luvinhubby(m): 6:33am On Feb 12, 2016
Abagworo:

STOP LYING, the devil hates competition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by Kayendy(m): 7:06am On Feb 12, 2016
Fine let's assume dat all u wrote is true, does dat explain d sudden brokenness of imo state, d sack of about 3000 workers?, the reason y ur dear Governor is running d state like a family business?, d reason y ur governor will rather import d tallest xmas tree dan to pay workers?, Rochas is a scam. Now ask urself dis question, before rochas came into power, he was one of d richest in imo state with his free education and stuff. But. Wat is really d business dat gave him dat lot of money.
Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by spyder880(m): 7:14am On Feb 12, 2016
I was only passing through Okigwe road on Wednesday....... caused heavy traffic jams on all the adjoining roads we diverted to. I am happy the situation has been resolved now.

Re: Real Reason Imo State Is Boiling by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 12, 2016
SirJeffry:
If that strike is all about doctors serving under govt hospitals, then Rochas is on the right course.

Those murafcckers never show up at their duty posts, they only care about their private hospitals and expect salary from govt.

They can't have their cake and eat it naa. Abeg Rochas should also seize their licenses too.angry
Funny

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Fayose Shows His IPOB Passport VIDEO / It Only Took 24hours Of Python Dance To Silence Kanu / Pictures Of Aba After Rainfall Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.