Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) (82959 Views)

"Flying Bird Falls & Turns Into A Woman In Port Harcourt" - Lady Claims (Pics) / Stephanie Otobo Granted N100,000 Bail. Claims She's 23 Years / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by kirchofff(m): 1:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
chiddyok:

It is you guys with your concept of hell that blackmail your members in to behaving or they get roasted for eternity.
this discussion is bigger than me, I'll pass
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by Cekpo34(m): 2:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
Atlantian:
Me too. The entire concept of hell in religion is a farce. I heard I have to die to go to either heaven or hell. And I ask, since I am told I will be a ghost or spirit when I die. Can fire really burn spirit or ghost ? I know one life, and it is the one I am living now, and I intend to live it to the full, whatever comes afterwards, need not concern me.

Lolz! Maybe spiritual fire for spiritual being. Btw, live a good life and impact positively on many lives as you can; you loose nothing doing that!

3 Likes

Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
Rapsowdee01:

Oya.. You too prove that there's really a thing called 'The Brain' in your head.. And i'll prove to you Heaven And Hell Exists

Abeg swerve jor , what kind of weak argument is this

1 Like

Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 14, 2016
OneManLegion:

Lol. You can't use something's claims to validate it na.
You can't use the bible to validate its own authenticity and Christianity any more than you can use Ifa folk-lore to validate the yoruba accounts.

We'll need something more provable and empirical.

They always do that , bunch of deluded zombies
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by analice107: 7:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
Atlantian:
Me too. The entire concept of hell in religion is a farce. I heard I have to die to go to either heaven or hell. And I ask, since I am told I will be a ghost or spirit when I die. Can fire really burn spirit or ghost ? I know one life, and it is the one I am living now, and I intend to live it to the full, whatever comes afterwards, need not concern me.
Na Bros you be or na sis you be?
How you go reason like dis nah?
Here wey u dey, na material world. You fit touch things. So the fire wey dey here, go burn out things. But the fire wey go burn spirit no be the fire wey u know. That one go be like that one wey Moses see for burning Bush. E dey burn, but e no dey consume weytin e dey burn.
See, wen God create that hellfire, him know who him want send go there. Him know say Satan na spirit. God no carry you for mind create hellfire. This hellfire wey you want go so, na on your own oo.
So you think say God stupid to create hellfire? Or you think say him no fit create fire wey go fit burn spirit? Hmm. dis children. Wen these atheist them dey use una head, make una no say, on that day, na all man for himself oo. That atheist wey dey confuse you now, no go dey there.
If you tell yourself say na one life you get, okay sir. Live am to the fullest. But no regret sha Ooo.
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by analice107: 8:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
OneManLegion:

Lol. Nice question. In my place, there's jazz(charm) for being bullet-proof(to name one of the most common).

Look, do you have an idea of what eternity means?

Try to wrap your mind around the idea of a human roasting for 10,000 years and see if that's enough to cause a bleep in the timescale of eternity. The earth is 1.6 billion years old and yet, that's not eternity. How can the same "God of love" the bible describes with such adoring adjectives suddenly turn on his creation and roast him for eternity OVER THE ACTIONS OF THAT CREATION DURING HIS/HER LIFESPAN OF LESS THAN A HUNDRED YEARS?
Is this not antithetical?
Is that not the actions of a maniacally vindictive god?
Wise up and reject some absurd beliefs bro.
You're too smart to be controlled by fear of a demonic, revengeful and demented god created by man.
But who told you God created hellfire for you? Pls show a scripture that says thus. God created hellfire for Satan and demons. For the umpteenth time. God never created hellfire for any man. Stop listening to Satan. Stop doing what Satan did which brought the idea of hellfire in the first place.
You talk about hellfire everyday, why not talk about the things that leads to hellfire sometime.
Satan did something, what are you doing now.
Shouldn't you stop and think? NO ONE IS SENDING YOU TO HELLFIRE, YOU ARE GOING THERE ON YOUR OWN ACCOUNT.
You keep talking about a loving God sending you to hell, but you are not talking about your rebellion against the loving God.
This is cheap satanic blackmail and it won't work. U won't enter heaven by blackmail.
The part of you which should enter into the kingdom of heaven is dead. Christ came, died and resurrected and restored it to you. All you need now is accept that part you lost in Adam, through Christ. But you refuse, yet you shout injustice and wickedness against God everyday.
The gift is free, all you need do is accept Christ.
Oga me, you will go to hellfire If u don't repent and accept Christ, finish.
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by analice107: 8:37pm On Feb 14, 2016
fonkiee:
it is interesting to note that the bible's definition of hell is not a place of torment, but the common grave, where all the dead go to
That is becos you are either JW or you read only King James version of the Bible.
Hell= sheol= common grave=no fire. Everyone must go there.
Hell=Hades=the abode of the dead. A temporary place where souls are kept awaiting judgement. It's a location in the spirit realm. It is divided into two. Paradise, where the souls of the saints like Abraham and Joseph are kept, and the part where there's torment, where souls like prophet Muhammed, Adolf Hitler, Osama Bin Ladin are kept.
After judgement, this location called hades (hell) shall be cast into the lake of fire. Why? because there won't be any need for it anymore.
Hell=Gahanna =hellfire. This is the part real burns with fire. Not everyone goes there. Only the condemned goes there. Here, there's fire and brimstone. The fire here never goes off. Day or night. Their worms never dies.
Pls, choose not to go there. It's all in your hands.
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by nasiayam: 9:27pm On Feb 14, 2016
analice107:

That is becos you are either JW or you read only King James version of the Bible.
Hell=Hades=the abode of the dead. A temporary place where souls are kept awaiting judgement. It's a location in the spirit realm. It is divided into two. Paradise, where the souls of the saints like Abraham and Joseph are kept, and the part where there's torment, where souls like prophet Muhammed, Adolf Hitler, Osama Bin Ladin are kept.
After judgement, this location called hades (hell) shall be cast into the lake of fire. Why? because there won't be any need for it anymore.
Hell=Gahanna =hellfire. This is the part real burns with fire. Not everyone goes there. Only the condemned goes there. Here, there's fire and brimstone. The fire here never goes off. Day or night. Their worms never dies.

Can you live stream a video of you drinking poison and snake handling next time holy spirit touches you for the good folks here. That would be real swell.
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by OneManLegion(m): 10:35pm On Feb 14, 2016
analice107:

But who told you God created hellfire for you? Pls show a scripture that says thus. God created hellfire for Satan and demons. For the umpteenth time. God never created hellfire for any man. Stop listening to Satan. Stop doing what Satan did which brought the idea of hellfire in the first place.
You talk about hellfire everyday, why not talk about the things that leads to hellfire sometime.
Satan did something, what are you doing now.
Shouldn't you stop and think? NO ONE IS SENDING YOU TO HELLFIRE, YOU ARE GOING THERE ON YOUR OWN ACCOUNT.
You keep talking about a loving God sending you to hell, but you are not talking about your rebellion against the loving God.
This is cheap satanic blackmail and it won't work. U won't enter heaven by blackmail.
The part of you which should enter into the kingdom of heaven is dead. Christ came, died and resurrected and restored it to you. All you need now is accept that part you lost in Adam, through Christ. But you refuse, yet you shout injustice and wickedness against God everyday.
The gift is free, all you need do is accept Christ.
Oga me, you will go to hellfire If u don't repent and accept Christ, finish.
Are you trynna scare me? 'cause it's not working.
Hell doesn't exist, what does not exist can't scare me.
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by nasiayam: 5:37am On Feb 15, 2016
analice107:

So you agree Muhammad pbuh a prophet. Why do you reject him then.
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by BoreholeEngr: 8:51am On Feb 15, 2016
THIS IS HOW MUCH THE LIES OF SATAN CAN BLIND BUT THE LIAR COULD NOT FOOL HER THAT THERE'S NO HELL, WHAT DOES THIS TELL US, EVEN THE DEVIL KNOWS THAT HELL IS REAL BUT I AM SURE SHE WILL NOT BE SO PROUD WHEN SHE GETS THERE.
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by BoreholeEngr: 9:42am On Feb 15, 2016
OneManLegion:

Are you trynna scare me? 'cause it's not working.
Hell doesn't exist, what does not exist can't scare me.
WISDOM IS GREATER THAN INTELLIGENCE, the lady who is so proud to go to hell is a satanist, she sees Lucifer, dine with him and probably have discused with him this issue of hell, that is why she is so confident she is going to hell,
now the question;
IF THE DEVIL COULD NOT FOOL THIS WOMAN WHO DINES WITH HIM TO BELIEVE THERE IS NO HELL, WHAT IS YOUR POSITION ATHEIST WITH THE DEVIL TO MAKE US BELIEVE THAT WHAT HE (The Devil) HAS TOLD YOU ABOUT THE NON EXISTENCE OF HELL IS MORE OF TRUTH THAN WHAT HE HAS TOLD THIS WOMAN (HIS SERVANT)? hell is not made for you or this woman, Hell is made for lucifer and his demons/agents but if you choose to go there with him just like this woman, well !!! that's your choose, wish you good luck.
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by Atlantian: 9:45am On Feb 15, 2016
analice107:

Na Bros you be or na sis you be?
How you go reason like dis nah?
Here wey u dey, na material world. You fit touch things. So the fire wey dey here, go burn out things. But the fire wey go burn spirit no be the fire wey u know. That one go be like that one wey Moses see for burning Bush. E dey burn, but e no dey consume weytin e dey burn.
See, wen God create that hellfire, him know who him want send go there. Him know say Satan na spirit. God no carry you for mind create hellfire. This hellfire wey you want go so, na on your own oo.
So you think say God stupid to create hellfire? Or you think say him no fit create fire wey go fit burn spirit? Hmm. dis children. Wen these atheist them dey use una head, make una no say, on that day, na all man for himself oo. That atheist wey dey confuse you now, no go dey there.
If you tell yourself say na one life you get, okay sir. Live am to the fullest. But no regret sha Ooo.

Then I like Hell fire, why should you worry about me ?
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by OneManLegion(m): 3:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
BoreholeEngr:
WISDOM IS GREATER THAN INTELLIGENCE, the lady who is so proud to go to hell is a satanist, she sees Lucifer, dine with him and probably have discused with him this issue of hell, that is why she is so confident she is going to hell,
now the question;
IF THE DEVIL COULD NOT FOOL THIS WOMAN WHO DINES WITH HIM TO BELIEVE THERE IS NO HELL, WHAT IS YOUR POSITION ATHEIST WITH THE DEVIL TO MAKE US BELIEVE THAT WHAT HE (The Devil) HAS TOLD YOU ABOUT THE NON EXISTENCE OF HELL IS MORE OF TRUTH THAN WHAT HE HAS TOLD THIS WOMAN (HIS SERVANT)? hell is not made for you or this woman, Hell is made for lucifer and his demons/agents but if you choose to go there with him just like this woman, well !!! that's your choose, wish you good luck.

Go back to what I've written earlier. I'm not an atheist, I'm a freetthinker.
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by reedmund(f): 11:54am On Feb 16, 2016
OneManLegion:

I'm an African, I can't possibly doubt the existence of the spiritual realm.
You claim hell exists, prove it. Or at least, present arguments to support your assertion.

You just need to die to figure it out.
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by reedmund(f): 12:02pm On Feb 16, 2016
CaroLyner:
funny how whites arent religious yet most of their countries are so blessed

They have the Illuminati for wealth and Freemasonry for knowledge... They also have the Bohemian grove for power. You don't need to be religious to be wealthy.. You just need to join a secret cult. Even Satan tempted to give Jesus wealth if he would bow and worship him. This tells that Satan can give a nation wealth.
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by OneManLegion(m): 12:39pm On Feb 16, 2016
reedmund:

You just need to die to figure it out.
Sure. We all need to die to figure it out.
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by blueAgent(m): 10:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
reedmund:

They have the Illuminati for wealth and Freemasonry for knowledge... They also have the Bohemian grove for power. You don't need to be religious to be wealthy.. You just need to join a secret cult. Even Satan tempted to give Jesus wealth if he would bow and worship him. This tells that Satan can give a nation wealth.

Rubbish .satan can not bless any Nation.if not Africa could have been the richest continent. with all their idol worship.

U forgot that US ,Britain,Italy,Germany and most European countries played so much role in the propagation and growth of christanity.
Secondly The bible stated that the earth and its fullness belongs to God.

satan can only use gift given by God to someone. but cannot give any gift.
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by CaroLyner(f): 12:01am On Feb 17, 2016
reedmund:

so its everyone in america that belong to d secret cult.? undecided

1 Like

Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by blueAgent(m): 9:24am On Feb 17, 2016
Ramon92:
.. Cos she knows that hell is a figment of man's imagination, meant as a mind control tool to control the weak and gullible...

#ImAlsoProudImGoingToHell

You are gullible yourself. if Hell fire is a fragment of imagination. why are the same people who brought the message of Hell. now saying it is not real. if christanity is a method of control. why did millions of christains die or were killed for not abandoning the faith in Europe during the dark ages.by the same people you cliam formed christanity. as a control tool.
why were the elites dertermined to destory the bible if it was their control tool for the masses?.
any way not all people that have head make use of it.
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by blueAgent(m): 9:26am On Feb 17, 2016
Ramon92:
.. Cos she knows that hell is a figment of man's imagination, meant as a mind control tool to control the weak and gullible...

#ImAlsoProudImGoingToHell

You are gullible yourself. if Hell fire is a fragment of imagination. why are the same people who brought the message of Hell. now saying it is not real. if christanity is a method of control. why did millions of christains die or were killed for not abandoning the faith in Europe during the dark ages.by the same people you cliam formed christanity. as a control tool.
why were the elites dertermined to destory the bible if it was their control tool for the masses?.
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by blueAgent(m): 9:27am On Feb 17, 2016
OneManLegion:
There's no such thing as hell.

Religion is a grand scam. The grandest scam ever.

They use two powerful human emotions to control humans: hope and fear.

Hope as exemplified by heaven/paradise(a utopia for folks who adhere strictly to their tenets and dogmas). And;

Fear, as exemplified by Hell(a place of unimaginable eternal torment for folks who refuse to adhere to their tenets and dogmas.)

Seriously, humans should have seen through the big lie that is religion by now.

U are a joker.

Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by blueAgent(m): 9:29am On Feb 17, 2016
Ramon92:
I know the Spiritual realm is real, but prove that hell is real...

Location of Hell
The Bible clearly asserts that this fire devours the
wicked right here on "the breadth of the earth."
Every Bible writer who speaks on the subject of
hell adds new insight on this second death of the
wicked. Peter states: "But the heavens and the
earth, which are now, by the same word are kept
in store, reserved unto fire against the day of
judgment and perdition of ungodly men." 2 Peter
3:7. Then he goes on to describe the day of the
Lord which will melt the very elements with
fervent heat.
The language of Peter is very explicit about the
place of punishment for the un- godly. He says
this earth is reserved for that fire which will bring
judgment and perdition to the wicked. Their
punishment will be in this earth. Isaiah declared,
"For it is the day of the Lord's vengeance, and the
year of recompenses for the controversy of Zion.
And the streams thereof shall be turned into
brimstone, and the land thereof shall become
burning pitch." Isaiah 34:8, 9.
The prophet portrays the entire planet enveloped
in the destroying fire. Even the streams and dust
are transformed into an exploding combustion of
pitch and brimstone. Isaiah says this is God's
vengeance and "recompense" at the end of the
controversy.
David adds to the testimony with these words,
"Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire, and
brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be
the portion of their cup." Psalm 11:6. Notice that
he uses almost the same words as John and Peter
in describing the fate of the wicked. All agree as
to the place of the punishment (the earth) and the
agent of punishment (fire).
This brings us to the third great fact about the
subject of hell. Hell as a place of punishment will
be this earth turned into a lake of fire at the Day
of Judgment. But this also raises some other very
interesting questions about the fate of the lost.
One of the most intriguing and puzzling has to do
with the length of punishment. How long will the
wicked continue to live and suffer in that fire?
No one can answer that question precisely
because the Bible says they will be punished
according to their works. This means there will be
degrees of punishment. Some will suffer longer
than others. But one thing we can say with
certainty-the wicked won't live in that fire
throughout eternity.
Hell-Fire Not Endless
There are several reasons for being so sure on
this point. First of all, this earth is also declared
to be the final home for the righteous. Jesus said,
"Blessed are the meek: For they shall inherit the
earth." Matthew 5:5. Peter, after describing this
earth exploding and burning with a great noise,
saw a new earth filled with righteousness.
"Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look
for new heavens and a new earth, wherein
dwelleth righteousness." 2 Peter 3:13.
The wicked cannot continue to live in this planet
because it has been specifically promised, in its
entirety, to Abraham's spiritual seed ( Romans
4:13). After being purged of all the curse of sin, it
will revert to the first dominion, and to God's
original plan for it. It will be finally what God
intended it to be-a perfect home for a perfect
people.
In the second place, the wicked cannot continue
to live in this earth because they have never
trusted Christ for eternal life. It is only the
righteous who receive the gift of eternal life. "For
God so loved the world, that he gave his only
begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him
should not perish. ..." John 3:16. But what about
those who don't believe in him? They surely will
perish. The Bible says, "The wages of sin is
death." Romans 6:23. Please don't miss the
pointed simplicity of these verses. The wicked are
never promised life. They are promised death-
eternal death. Only the righteous are promised
life-eternal life.
But there is only one way to get life without end,
and that is through faith in Jesus. John describes
it this way: "And this is the record, that God hath
given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath
not the Son of God hath not life." 1 John 5:11,
12. Let me ask you a question: Do those wicked
ones in the lake of fire have the Son of God? Of
course not. Then how could they have life? John
says, "Ye know that no murderer hath eternal life
abiding in him." 1 John 3:15. Will those
murderers in hell-fire continue to have life for
eternity? Never.
It would be the rankest heresy to believe that
eternal life could be obtained from some other
source than Jesus. Where would the wicked get it?
Paul declares that Jesus Christ "hath brought life
and immortality to light through the gospel." 2
Timothy 1:10. Inspiration reveals no other source
of immortality except through the gospel of
Christ. Where is a text in the Bible which
describes the conferring of immortality upon the
wicked? You can read often about the righteous
receiving it, but never the unbeliever.
Paul said, "Behold I shew you a mystery; We shall
not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a
moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last
trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead
shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be
changed. For this corruptible must put on
incorruption, and this mortal must put on
immortality." 1 Corinthians 15:51-53.
This text speaks of a certain point in time when
the righteous will be instantly changed into
immortal beings. That time is still future. It
occurs when Jesus returns, at the last trumpet
sound, when the resurrection takes place.
Nowhere in the Bible do we read of the wicked
being changed in this manner. And it is precisely
because they never receive this gift of eternal life
that they are unable to keep living in the lake of
fire.
It is inconceivable and unreasonable to fabricate
such an event. It is contrary to the Bible and
repugnant to the senses. Ezekiel declared, "The
soul that sinneth, it shall die." Ezekiel 18:4. No
matter what we understand a soul to be, let's
accept the simple Bible fact that it can die and
will die as a result of sin.
If the wicked live eternally in the fire, then they
have the same thing as the righteous except in a
different place. Who could give them eternal life
but Christ? John 3:16 settles this issue so clearly
and simply. Those who do not believe in the only
begotten Son will perish. They will die. They will
die the second death-an eternal death from which
they will never be raised. That death will never
end. It is an endless, eternal punishment,
because it is an endless, eternal death.
Unquenchable Fire
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by blueAgent(m): 9:38am On Feb 17, 2016
CaroLyner:
funny how whites arent religious yet most of their countries are so blessed

You are confused. who said they are not religeous. who brought christanity to you?
where did protestant reformation take place Germany. headquarters of Roman catolihic church is in Rome Itlaly. for US we all know that they were founded by protestants fleeing persection in Europe.UK played so much role in translation of the bible . and so on. virtually all Europe country has a strong religeous foundation . even till date. forget all this propanganda bullshit you are made to believe.
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by blueAgent(m): 9:39am On Feb 17, 2016
OneManLegion:

It's not hard to see why you need me to prove the existence of brains to you...you obviously don't have any.

Someone may raise this question: What about the
unquenchable fire that burns the wicked? Doesn't
that mean it will never go out? Of course, it
doesn't. To quench means to extinguish or put
out. No one will be able to put out the fire of hell.
That is the strange fire of God. No one will be
able to escape from it by extinguishing it. Isaiah
says of that fire, "Behold, they shall be as
stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not
deliver themselves from the power of the flame:
there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor a fire to
sit before it." Isaiah 47:14. After it has
accomplished its work of destruction, that fire
will go out. No one can deliver themselves from
its flame by putting it out, but finally not a coal
will be left. So say the Scriptures.
Jeremiah prophesied that Jerusalem would burn
with a fire that could not be quenched ( Jeremiah
17:27), but it burned down to ashes (2
Chronicles 36:19-21). Read those verses and see
how the Bible uses the word "quench." It does
not mean fire that will never go out. It only means
what it says, "unquenchable." It can't be
quenched.
And what can we say about the expressions
"eternal" "everlasting" which are used to describe
the fires of hell? There is absolutely no confusion
or contradiction when we allow the Bible to
supply its own definition of terms. Many make
the mistake of applying modern definitions to
those biblical words without reference to their an-
cient contextual usage. This violates one of the
most fundamental rules of interpretation.
The fact is that eternal fire does not mean a fire
that will never go out. The same expression is
used in Jude 7 concerning the destruction of
Sodom and Gomorrha. "Even as Sodom and
Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like
manner, giving themselves over to fornication,
and going after strange flesh, are set forth as an
example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."
It is quite obvious that Sodom is not still burning
today. The Dead Sea rolls over the place where
those ancient cities once stood. Yet they burned
with "eternal fire," and we are told that it was an
example of something. What is it an example of?
"And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha
into ashes condemned them with an overthrow,
making them an ensample unto those that after
should live ungodly." 2 Peter 2:6.
There it is! That eternal fire which brought Sodom
to ashes is an example of what will finally happen
to the wicked. If this text is true, the same kind of
fire that destroyed Sodom and Gomorrha will
also burn the wicked in the lake of fire. It will
have to be eternal fire. Does that mean it will also
burn the wicked to ashes? The Bible says Yes.
"For behold, the day cometh that shall burn as an
oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do
wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that
cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of
hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor
branch ... And ye shall tread down the wicked; for
they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in
the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of
hosts." Malachi 4:1, 3.
No words of any language could make it more
forceful or clear. This eternal fire burns up
eternally. Even Satan, the root, is finally
consumed. How consistent the whole picture
appears as we let the Bible explain its own terms.
What devious manipulation of words would be
required to evade the obvious meaning of these
words. Yet those who have been prejudiced by a
lifetime of tradition can read those words "burn
them up ... they shall be ashes" and still insist
that the wicked are alive and suffering.
Admittedly, there are some ambiguous verses on
this subject, but we are finding that they all
harmonize when the context is considered, and
the Bible is allowed to be its own commentary.
Even Christ's words in Matthew 25:46 are not
confusing when we the obvious meaning. "And
these shall go away into everlasting punishment:
but the righteous into life eternal." Many are
troubled over the expression, "everlasting
punishment," but notice that it does not say
"everlasting punishing." Whatever the
punishment is, it will last eternally. Does the
Bible tell us what the punishment is? Of course.
"The wages of sin is death." Romans 6:23. So
Jesus was simply saying that the death would be
everlasting. It would never end. It would never be
broken by a resurrection.
Paul simplifies it further with these words: "In
flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know
not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord
Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished ... " Now,
listen, Paul is going to tell us what the
punishment is. "Who shall be punished with
everlasting destruction from the presence of the
Lord, and from the glory of his power." 2
Thessalonians 1:8, 9. So the punishment is
everlasting destruction - a destruction that is
everlasting. From it there will be no resurrection
or hope of life.
But what about that worm which dieth not? Many
have read the words of Jesus about hell, "Where
their worm dieth not and the fire is not
quenched." Mark 9:45, 46. Some have interpreted
the worm to be the soul. Is that what Jesus
meant? Nowhere in the Bible is there any allusion
to the soul as a worm.
In this instance Jesus used the word "Gehenna"
for the word "hell." It so happened that Gehenna
was an actual place of burning just outside the
walls of Jerusalem. No doubt, Christ's listeners
could see the smoke curling up from the Valley of
Gehenna, where dead bodies and garbage were
constantly being burned. If anything fell outside
the destructive flames, it was quickly consumed
by maggots or worms. With the vivid scenes of
utter extinction before their eyes, Jesus used the
Gehenna fire as an example of the complete
destruction of hell-fire. The fire was never
quenched, and the worms were constantly at
work upon the bodies-a picture of total
destruction.
Perhaps the most easily misconstrued text about
hell is John's allusion to the smoke ascending
"for ever and ever." For those who are unfamiliar
with other uses of this phrase in the Bible, it can
be very confusing indeed. But a comparison of
verses in both Old and New Testaments reveal
that the words "for ever" are used 57 times in the
Bible in reference to something that has already
come to an end. In other words, "for ever" does
not always mean "without end."
Many notable examples could be cited, but two
or three are noteworthy. In Exodus 21, the
conditions are laid down concerning the law of
servitude. If a servant chose to continue serving
the master he loved rather than his freedom when
it came due, then his ear was to be pierced with
an awl and the Scripture declares, "He shall serve
him for ever." Verse 6. But how long would that
servant serve his human master? Only as long as
he lived, of course. So the words "for ever" did
not mean without end. Hannah took her son
Samuel to God's temple, where he would "there
abide for ever." 1 Samuel 1:22. Yet in verse 28 we
are plainly told, "As long as he liveth he shall be
lent to the Lord." The original meaning of the
term "for ever" indicates an indefinite period of
time. Generally it defines the period of time in
which something can continue to exist under the
circumstances prevailing. Even Jonah's stay in the
whale's belly is described by him as "for ever."
Jonah 2:6.
Someone may object that this could also limit the
life of the righteous in heaven, because they are
described as glorifying God forever. The terms
are the same for both the saved and the lost. But
there is one tremendous difference in the
circumstances involved. The saints have received
the gift of immortality. Their life now measures
with the life of God. Immortality means "not
subject to death." The words "for ever" used in
reference to them could only mean "without end,"
because they are immortal subjects already. But
when "for ever" is used to describe the wicked,
we are talking about mortal creatures who can die
and must die. Their "for ever" is only as long as
their mortal nature can survive in the fire which
punishes them according to their works.
Soul and Body Destroyed
This brings us to the final fact concerning the fate
of the wicked. After the unsaved are punished
according to their sins, they will be wiped out of
existence, both body and soul. Jesus states it
very simply, "And fear not them which kill the
body ... but rather fear him which is able to
destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew
10:28.
In the light of this statement, how can anyone
continue to claim immortality for the wicked?
Jesus, the only One who can bestow the gift of
life, rejects the possibility that those in hell can
continue to live in any form whatsoever. The life
will be snuffed out for eternity, and the body will
be annihilated in the flames.
The psalmist wrote: "But the wicked shall perish,
and the enemies of the Lord shall be as the fat
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by blueAgent(m): 9:46am On Feb 17, 2016
e fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away." Psalm 37:20. "For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be." Verse 10. The most powerful, definitive words in human language are used to describe the destruction in hell, but people still insist that the writers do not really mean what their words express. "Destroy," "consume," "burn up," "devour," "death"-do these words have some mysterious, opposite meaning in the Bible than they have in other books? We have no reason to think so. The fact is that theology has made an ogre out of our great God of love. He has been portrayed as more cruel than Hitler. Even though Hitler tortured people and experimented with them, finally he allowed them to die. But God will keep these deathless souls alive for the purpose of seeing them writhe and scream throughout eternity, so the theologians claim. God's Justice Vindicated Not only is such a picture misrepresentative of God's love, it also distorts His justice. Think for a moment about the implications of a doctrine that would consign every lost soul to an immediate, never-ending hell at the time of death. Suppose a man died 5,000 years ago with one cherished sin in his life. His soul would go instantly into the fire to be tormented for eternity. Then picture another death; that of Adolph Hitler, who supervised the deaths of millions of people. According to the popular doctrine, his soul also would immediately enter hell to suffer eternally. But the man who was lost because of only one sin, will burn 5,000 years longer than Hitler. How could that be just? Would God deal in such a manner? It would contradict the Bible statement that each one must be punished according to his works. There are two extreme views in current circulation concerning the punishment of the wicked. One is Universalism, which contends that God is too good to allow anyone to be lost. The other is the awful doctrine of endless torment which would perpetuate for all eternity a dark abyss of anguish and suffering. Both are wrong. The truth lies in between. God will punish the wicked according to their works, but He will not immortalize evil in the process. I truly believe that many honest souls have been turned away from God because of their revulsion at this misrepresentation of His character. They can't love someone who would arbitrarily keep evil people in endless torment with no purpose in view. No rehabilitation is possible. Only a vindictive spirit of revenge could be served by such an unspeakable arrangement. Is God like that? After hearing the Bible truth about hell, a bank president threw his arms around my shoulders and said, "Joe, I'm a believer again. For years I've been an agnostic because I had been taught that God would torture the wicked eternally." No More Pain Or Death Someday soon God will have a clean universe. All the effects of sin will be banished forever. There will be no sin, no sinners and no devil to tempt. It will be just exactly like God planned it in the beginning. John described that future home in these words, "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." Revelation 21:4. Can you find any room in those precious words for any suffering on the part of anybody in the whole recreated universe? God said crying and pain would be no more. Do you believe His Word or do you choose to believe man's surmising? Just four verses before writing this promise, John described how the wicked would be cast into the lake of fire. "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away." Revelation 20:15; 21:1. That lake of fire is right here on planet earth according to Revelation 20:9. But please notice that this place where the wicked burn will pass away, and God will re-create the new earth in its stead. The new Jerusalem descends before that fire devours the wicked, and afterwards, according to verse 4, there will be no more sorrow, pain, crying, or death. In order for no more pain to exist, there can be no eternal hell existing either. The two things are mutually exclusive of each other. We should thank God every day that His plan will finally bring an end to suffering. Satan will not be here to cause pain, and God promises that His new kingdom will not even contain a shadow of a pain. Hell Not Intended For Us Finally, we should rejoice that hell was never intended for you and me. Jesus said it was "prepared for the devil and his angels." Matthew 25:41. If we stumble into that fire, it will be the most colossal blunder we could ever make. You would have to go there over the broken body of Jesus Christ and in spite of the Father's love, the Holy Spirit's pleading, and the heavenly influence of a million angels. The most unanswerable question in the whole world is this: "How shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation?" There is no answer because there is no escape except through Christ and His cross. No one will be lost because he sinned, because everyone has sinned. No one will be left out of heaven because he lied, stole, or committed adultery. The only reason anyone will be lost is because he refuses to turn away from his sin into the arms of a loving Saviour who stands ready to pardon and cleanse from all unrighteousness. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16.
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by blueAgent(m): 9:55am On Feb 17, 2016
OneManLegion:

Their countries are not "blessed". They just happen to take tax-payments seriously plus, they hold their leaders accountable.

Lie ,they are materially and mentally blessed. simple
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by OneManLegion(m): 10:03am On Feb 17, 2016
blueAgent:

U are a joker.

Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by OneManLegion(m): 10:05am On Feb 17, 2016
blueAgent:

U are a joker.

First off, your point is moot because assuming the events you mentioned doesn't vindicate your faith or make the claims therein plausible. It sure as hell doesn't clear off the inconsistencies in your bible.
By the way, your claims that Christianity was a persecuted religion is a big fat lie. Since the modern days, Christianity has been the one doling out the torture and deaths. It's only the bible that the supposed persecution is recorded.

You are the joker. An ignorant joker.
Oya, start mentioning the times Christianity was attacked by elites, or were killed by atheists for refusing to abandon their faith.

You can't come up with any because there's none.
I will tell you when Christianity perpetrated atrocities against non-Christians on account of their faith(or as the Christians saw it, lack of faith). Go and read on the Spanish inquisitions. Go and read about the atrocities of the catholic church in Victorian-age England. Heck, read about the reign of Bloody Mary, who roasted hundreds of Protestants alive.

Don't forget that the people that enslaved your great-grandfather's cousins were Christians too. Oh, you didn't forget? Cool, just wanted to remind you.

Now who is gullible?

P.S if you communicate your disagreements with me rudely again, I'll maul your insolent ass here.
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by OneManLegion(m): 10:18am On Feb 17, 2016
blueAgent:

Lie ,they are materially and mentally blessed. simple

You're irritating me with your logic, or should I say, the conspicuous lack thereof.
What exactly do you mean by your statement above?
You better stop hounding me and quoting me before I troll you mercilessly.
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by Ramon92: 10:27am On Feb 17, 2016
blueAgent:

Location of Hell
The Bible clearly asserts that this fire devours the
wicked right here on "the breadth of the earth."
Every Bible writer who speaks on the subject of
hell adds new insight on this second death of the
wicked. Peter states: "But the heavens and the
earth, which are now, by the same word are kept
in store, reserved unto fire against the day of
judgment and perdition of ungodly men." 2 Peter
3:7. Then he goes on to describe the day of the
Lord which will melt the very elements with
fervent heat.
The language of Peter is very explicit about the
place of punishment for the un- godly. He says
this earth is reserved for that fire which will bring
judgment and perdition to the wicked. Their
punishment will be in this earth. Isaiah declared,
"For it is the day of the Lord's vengeance, and the
year of recompenses for the controversy of Zion.
And the streams thereof shall be turned into
brimstone, and the land thereof shall become
burning pitch." Isaiah 34:8, 9.
The prophet portrays the entire planet enveloped
in the destroying fire. Even the streams and dust
are transformed into an exploding combustion of
pitch and brimstone. Isaiah says this is God's
vengeance and "recompense" at the end of the
controversy.
David adds to the testimony with these words,
"Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire, and
brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be
the portion of their cup." Psalm 11:6. Notice that
he uses almost the same words as John and Peter
in describing the fate of the wicked. All agree as
to the place of the punishment (the earth) and the
agent of punishment (fire).
This brings us to the third great fact about the
subject of hell. Hell as a place of punishment will
be this earth turned into a lake of fire at the Day
of Judgment. But this also raises some other very
interesting questions about the fate of the lost.
One of the most intriguing and puzzling has to do
with the length of punishment. How long will the
wicked continue to live and suffer in that fire?
No one can answer that question precisely
because the Bible says they will be punished
according to their works. This means there will be
degrees of punishment. Some will suffer longer
than others. But one thing we can say with
certainty-the wicked won't live in that fire
throughout eternity.
Hell-Fire Not Endless
There are several reasons for being so sure on
this point. First of all, this earth is also declared
to be the final home for the righteous. Jesus said,
"Blessed are the meek: For they shall inherit the
earth." Matthew 5:5. Peter, after describing this
earth exploding and burning with a great noise,
saw a new earth filled with righteousness.
"Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look
for new heavens and a new earth, wherein
dwelleth righteousness." 2 Peter 3:13.
The wicked cannot continue to live in this planet
because it has been specifically promised, in its
entirety, to Abraham's spiritual seed ( Romans
4:13). After being purged of all the curse of sin, it
will revert to the first dominion, and to God's
original plan for it. It will be finally what God
intended it to be-a perfect home for a perfect
people.
In the second place, the wicked cannot continue
to live in this earth because they have never
trusted Christ for eternal life. It is only the
righteous who receive the gift of eternal life. "For
God so loved the world, that he gave his only
begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him
should not perish. ..." John 3:16. But what about
those who don't believe in him? They surely will
perish. The Bible says, "The wages of sin is
death." Romans 6:23. Please don't miss the
pointed simplicity of these verses. The wicked are
never promised life. They are promised death-
eternal death. Only the righteous are promised
life-eternal life.
But there is only one way to get life without end,
and that is through faith in Jesus. John describes
it this way: "And this is the record, that God hath
given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath
not the Son of God hath not life." 1 John 5:11,
12. Let me ask you a question: Do those wicked
ones in the lake of fire have the Son of God? Of
course not. Then how could they have life? John
says, "Ye know that no murderer hath eternal life
abiding in him." 1 John 3:15. Will those
murderers in hell-fire continue to have life for
eternity? Never.
It would be the rankest heresy to believe that
eternal life could be obtained from some other
source than Jesus. Where would the wicked get it?
Paul declares that Jesus Christ "hath brought life
and immortality to light through the gospel." 2
Timothy 1:10. Inspiration reveals no other source
of immortality except through the gospel of
Christ. Where is a text in the Bible which
describes the conferring of immortality upon the
wicked? You can read often about the righteous
receiving it, but never the unbeliever.
Paul said, "Behold I shew you a mystery; We shall
not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a
moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last
trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead
shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be
changed. For this corruptible must put on
incorruption, and this mortal must put on
immortality." 1 Corinthians 15:51-53.
This text speaks of a certain point in time when
the righteous will be instantly changed into
immortal beings. That time is still future. It
occurs when Jesus returns, at the last trumpet
sound, when the resurrection takes place.
Nowhere in the Bible do we read of the wicked
being changed in this manner. And it is precisely
because they never receive this gift of eternal life
that they are unable to keep living in the lake of
fire.
It is inconceivable and unreasonable to fabricate
such an event. It is contrary to the Bible and
repugnant to the senses. Ezekiel declared, "The
soul that sinneth, it shall die." Ezekiel 18:4. No
matter what we understand a soul to be, let's
accept the simple Bible fact that it can die and
will die as a result of sin.
If the wicked live eternally in the fire, then they
have the same thing as the righteous except in a
different place. Who could give them eternal life
but Christ? John 3:16 settles this issue so clearly
and simply. Those who do not believe in the only
begotten Son will perish. They will die. They will
die the second death-an eternal death from which
they will never be raised. That death will never
end. It is an endless, eternal punishment,
because it is an endless, eternal death.
Unquenchable Fire
So you are making use of your head by Quoting me with this thrash??
Re: This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) by CaroLyner(f): 12:29pm On Feb 17, 2016
blueAgent:

You are confused. who said they are not religeous. who brought christanity to you?
where did protestant reformation take place Germany. headquarters of Roman catolihic church is in Rome Itlaly. for US we all know that they were founded by protestants fleeing persection in Europe.UK played so much role in translation of the bible . and so on. virtually all Europe country has a strong religeous foundation . even till date. forget all this propanganda bullshit you are made to believe.
yes christianity came from there no doubt but i once lived in the uk & more than half of their citizens dont attend churches.so stuff that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Pastor Commits Suicide After Sending Pics Of His Manhood To Whatsapp Group In SA / Fr. Mbaka Moving To His New Parish Yesterday - Photos / Olumba's Supreme Temple Calabar: God's Third And Last Temple Will Be In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.