Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution (26199 Views)

Shehu Sani Teaches Ben Bruce Common Sense / (Must Watch): Epic Response to Ben Bruce's "Common Sense" Revolution / Ben Murray Bruce's Common Sense Advice To Buhari And His Cabinet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by aresa: 10:55pm On Feb 15, 2016
[s]
ElCule:
Typical of an APC fanatic. He said the truth and you call it meaningless rubish, your inability to counter his claim with facts make your post the meaningless rubish.
[/s]

He also said the truth when he said the Nigerian youths should be allowed to run Nigeria instead of old and tired people like him, but the useless hypocrite is yet to step aside for Bayelsa youths to take over and go to abuja to represent Bayelsa instead of the twitter nuisance camped out on twitter.

The he turned around the next day to blame the same Nigerian youths for wrecking Nigeria because they support foreign soccer clubs instead of Nigerian clubs. Why blame the same Nigerian youths he just said we should allow to rule the country for wrecking Nigeria when in fact it was him and his looting and stealing PDP responsible.

Also where is the common sense asking Nigerians to buy Nigerian when he's yet to ban foreign films in his cinemas, he's yet to stop shiping his own children and money to America to get educated in American schools instead of OAU, UNN, UI and so on?

The fact that you gullible and meager thinking disciples are falling for the con man doesn't mean the rest of us should for for his cheap and crude theatrics..
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by ElCule: 11:58pm On Feb 15, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

He also said the truth when he said the Nigerian youths should be allowed to run Nigeria instead of old and tired people like him, but the useless hypocrite is yet to step aside for Bayelsa youths to take over and go to abuja to represent Bayelsa instead of the twitter nuisance camped out on twitter.

The he turned around the next day to blame the same Nigerian youths for wrecking Nigeria because they support foreign soccer clubs instead of Nigerian clubs. Why blame the same Nigerian youths he just said we should allow to rule the country for wrecking Nigeria when in fact it was him and his looting and stealing PDP responsible.

Also where is the common sense asking Nigerians to buy Nigerian when he's yet to ban foreign films in his cinemas, he's yet to stop shiping his own children and money to America to get educated in American schools instead of OAU, UNN, UI and so on?

The fact that you gullible and meager thinking disciples are falling for the con man doesn't mean the rest of us should for for his cheap and crude theatrics..
Mr bruce is not speaking for himself but for you who allowed your future to be hijacked by old dying thiefing elites that have been ruling since indipedence.only for them to be calling you leaders of tomorow . If you don't like him for whatever reason, look beyond the messanger and make use of the message. He is simply sayng that, the youths should be included in governance as it is obtainable in developed countries around the world. What is wrong with his proposal? I can see you prefare defending APC and attacking PDP for the rest of your life while the corupt ruling class irrespective of party affiliation continue looting the nation dry. You hate Mr Ben Bruce just because he is not singing the praises of Buhari or APC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by aresa: 12:11am On Feb 16, 2016
ElCule:
Mr bruce is not speaking for himself but for you who allowed your future to be hijacked by old dying thiefing elites that have been ruling since indipedence.only for them to be calling you leaders of tomorow . If you don't like him for whatever reason, look beyond the messanger and make use of the message. He is simply sayng that, the youths should be included in governance as it is obtainable in developed countries around the world. What is wrong with his proposal? I can see you prefare defending APC and attacking PDP for the rest of your life while the corupt ruling class irrespective of party affiliation continue looting the nation dry. You hate Mr Ben Bruce just because he is not singing the praises of Buhari or APC.

very much the reason why the hypocrite should exclude himself and step aside for Young Nigerians to take over from him since he was and still part of the same old corrupt elites and he himself was part of the 16 years PDP administration that wrecked Nigeria, that stole and shared our money, that kept us in darkness by stealing our $20 billion power funds.

If his really honest and cares about Nigeria, should be speaking up against the evil perpetrated by him and his party against Nigerians.

Of what relevance is the mentally warped messenger who advocated for Nigerian youths to be allowed to rule Nigeria while refusing to step aside for youths in his own state to take over from him, but instead turned around and blame the Nigerian youths for wrecking Nigeria because they support foreign soccer teams.

The man is a nuisance and a first class lying hypocrite..
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by ElCule: 12:34am On Feb 16, 2016
aresa:

very much the reason why the hypocrite should exclude himself and step aside for Young Nigerians to take over from him since he was and still part of the same old corrupt elites and he himself was part of the 16 years PDP administration that wrecked Nigeria, that stole and shared our money, that kept us in darkness by stealing our $20 billion power funds.

If his really honest and cares about Nigeria, should be speaking up against the evil perpetrated by him and his party against Nigerians.

Of what relevance is the mentally warped messenger who advocated for Nigerian youths to be allowed to rule Nigeria while refusing to step aside for youths in his own state to take over from him, but instead turned around and blame the Nigerian youths for wrecking Nigeria because they support foreign soccer teams.

countinue the insult and name calling. Let a youth come out and defeat him at the polls now and see if he wont vacate the senate. Or expect him to hand over the senate seat to you? All he is saying is that the Goverment should consider the youths in terms of appoitments and you are beafing him.

BTW who stole $20billion power fund?shocked
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by jpphilips(m): 12:56pm On Feb 16, 2016
The writer of this article is an ineffectual bingo, what exactly was he criticizing of bruce? he is a senator and he is paid so well to speak however senseless, he is a voice in the senate, it is called doing his Job.
If you are paid to talk please do, that is Bruce's job and he is doing it so damn well!!

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by 7lives: 2:27pm On Feb 16, 2016
hush15:

Hmmm... so stealing started 16yrs ago. The general that stole more than any Nigerian and we are still recovering till today didn't steal Nigerians money, he was just keeping it till now but died in the process....

That money he supposedly kept didn't do the damage. We can keep saying 16yrs when the real damaged started during the second Republic and buhari was part of that era. Even in that 16 yrs, APC chief political navigator, [b]Agbaya OBJ [/b]did 8 and he continued where Abacha and Abdulsalam stopped so why blame a man for a over 16 years anomaly

Stealing did not start 16 years ago and so must continue? Obj was indeed an agbaya or how on earth did a drunken master like Jona became the president of the most populous black nation grin grin grin grin grin.
When you e - wailers come online to wail about how Nigerian would have marched into greatness under Jona and PDP, i sometimes wonder if some of you wailers are not some ROBOTS ON AUTO RESPONSE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin chai no be small thing o, some of you should get a brain transplant if needs be 'cause i can't imagine myself taking any of you serious even if i'm all ears.
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by davseun2ta(m): 5:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
ElCule:
countinue the insult and name calling. Let a youth come out and defeat him at the polls now and see if he wont vacate the senate. Or expect him to hand over the senate seat to you? All he is saying is that the Goverment should consider the youths in terms of appoitments and you are beafing him.

BTW who stole $20billion power fund?shocked
what's this one saying? undecided

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by boluwatife66(m): 6:30pm On Feb 16, 2016
aresa:

6 months is long enough, but what about the unproductive looting and stealing 16 PDP years the hypocrite twitter nuisance participated in?

Idiocy and dumb talk must be what unintelligent people call common sense these days..
Can you please tell me how he participated in PDP 16 wasted years more than Audu ogbeh, Amaechi, Saraki, Dino melaye and el rufai et al?
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by aresa: 6:50pm On Feb 16, 2016
boluwatife66:

Can you please tell me how he participated in PDP 16 wasted years more than Audu ogbeh, Amaechi, Saraki, Dino melaye and el rufai et al?

I know you can not read comprehend, but the topic is about the lousy twitter constituency hypocrite.
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by BushidoBlue(m): 7:01pm On Feb 16, 2016
aresa:

I know you can not read comprehend, but the topic is about the lousy twitter constituency hypocrite.

Hahahahahahaaa

They have cornered you now you are seeking succour... there is none oooo... Oya answer the 16 year PDP question
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by hush15: 7:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
7lives:

Stealing did not start 16 years ago and so must continue? Obj was indeed an agbaya or how on earth did a drunken master like Jona became the president of the most populous black nation grin grin grin grin grin.
When you e - wailers come online to wail about how Nigerian would have marched into greatness under Jona and PDP, i sometimes wonder if some of you wailers are not some ROBOTS ON AUTO RESPONSE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin chai no be small thing o, some of you should get a brain transplant if needs be 'cause i can't imagine myself taking any of you serious even if i'm all ears.

How GEJ became president is for God. It was meant to be and as far as am concerned, he did his best and by still remains the best president Nigeria ever produced. Whatever people say, I careless. If Nigeria is talking corruption, they should go back to when it all started and no blame a man who worked hard to keep Nigeria together.

Call me whatever, am not measured by that cos I know who I am and what I have and made of. I love Jonathan, and so....

He is far better than Bubu
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by boluwatife66(m): 8:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
aresa:

I know you can not read comprehend, but the topic is about the lousy twitter constituency ver.
that is the problem i have with zombies, each time you ask the reasonable question to correct their idiocy the resort to nsame calling. thank God you didnt tagg me an Ipob else ill tell you am more yoruba than u. if anyone lack the ability to read and comprehend i think that person should be u. cos in that same article i read that mr ben was denied a governorship ticket becos he was not a party man. so how come he is now more a Pdp man than former party chairman or an 8yrs speamer subsequently an 8yrs governornor?
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Ugosample(m): 11:43pm On Feb 18, 2016
aresa:

Sharap there.

When did Bruce Join politics/PDP?

Umu ndi ara togha ashi
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Ugosample(m): 11:45pm On Feb 18, 2016
boluwatife66:

Help me ask him
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
Meanwhile ==>

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by coolscott(m): 2:41am On Feb 19, 2016
aresa:

Exactly how many Innosson he bought for the NTAwhen he was the director of the NTA? I mean the same NTA he wrecked while his own silverbird grew and opened cinemas and malls all over the place..

Many people and states have bought innoson cars so no biggie here, the twitter senator is all about crude, crass and odious noise and propaganda.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3417232_buynaijatogrowthenaira_jpegc70298ca15811d833bef15ec948c605d
[size=13pt]Ben Bruce was credited with revamping the NTA at the time.
I was aware when he got in and everyone knows the good job he did there.
He was specifically called up (chosen) from outside the establishment to do the special job
The declarations by anonymous online individuals that he wrecked the Nta
are merely ill wishes that unfortunately cannot make their way into reality.

A few questions
1). Was innoson motors producing cars at the time he was at the NTA?
2). If they were, was he a national leader at that time?[/b]
3). Was the naira so low at the time?[/b]
4). Aren't you aware that Ben Bruce says that no one should attack the president on the exchange rate
and that if they want the naira to improve they should #buynaijatogrowthenaira?[/b]
5). Are you not aware that it is in furtherance of this (to buttress this point) that he has
gone out to support made in Aba and buy these things to lead by example?
Photo attached below:
Direct link to tweet here: https://twitter.com/benmurraybruce/status/697849213695033344
[/size]
Sibrah laidian DesChyko lanwrex ideology egift Aufbauh opalu Flexherbal dearpreye aresa Khd95

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by coolscott(m): 2:54am On Feb 19, 2016
Aufbauh:

Have you not wonder his sudden publicity tour & patronage to aba trade fair, innoson group etc that has been in operation for years all in the guise of making us to believe that he's a home product man.

[size=14pt]Isn't it even more important now for our leaders to publicly lead by example in patronizing Nigerian against the backdrop of the most unprecedented fall of the naira in Nigerian history?

The one Nigerian leader who comes out in extremely practical ways to not only preach buying Nigerian but to do it and support it by creating a space for made in Aba shoes in all Silverbird malls across the country, it pleases you to disparage in this manner.

If your reaction to his actions is good and you stand by it, may twice the same reactions confront similar practical steps employed to improve your life, that of your wife, your parents and kids, your education, your business and career.[/size]

[size=17pt]Do you agree with that?
[/size]

[size=13pt]If your position is right you have to agree. If you do not agree, then you can repent and change (even if you don't do it publicly although that would be preferable)[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by coolscott(m): 3:02am On Feb 19, 2016
laidian:
The name Ben Bruce naturally generates a number of reactions in the minds of many Nigerians as a Fashionista, Celebrity and Entertainer. Nigerians are also familiar with household names created by the entertainment guru such as Silverbird’s Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, Cinema and a radio and television station which has helped enrich the broadcast industry in Nigeria.

Bruce’s success in the entertainment industry is indeed what many would call an American Dream come true, and is a wakeup call to the Nigerian youth illustrating that from nothing, one can go on to build empires.

Therefore, it was with much gladness that I welcomed his entry into politics when in 2012; he sought the ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party to become its guber candidate. While I knew that as the rookie that he was, he would have to contend with the powers that be for the ticket and that odds would be heavily stacked against him, I still saw his entry into politics as another leap forward for Nigeria, as ‘Clean Men’ like Bruce could then bring about the much needed change in our politics and help change the mindset of a number of youths that it was a dirty game. Unfortunately for Bruce, he was disqualified owing to issues bordering on his membership of the party then, but for us it was a good start.

In 2015, opportunity reared its head again and Bruce ran for Senate, under the Peoples Democratic Party and won, beating or should I say rigging out mercilessly a former Governor of the State, Timipriye Sylva, who polled a meager number of votes.

No sooner had he become a senator, Nigerians began to witness a new Bruce, who started proselytizing “The Common Sense Revolution” where he has been touting ideas after ideas on what is wrong with the country and how we can fix them. Using media platforms, Bruce has sought to identify the troubles with the Nigerian nation whilst at the same time proffering solutions to these challenges.

The trouble with Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution is that one cannot discern whether it is a publicity drive or a genuine cause to salvage Nigeria. For example, many have asked where has Bruce being all these years? Was he asleep when his party the PDP raped Nigeria from 1999 to 2015? Particularly, when his kinsman in former President Goodluck Jonathan held sway and nearly ran the nation aground. Surprisingly, Bruce saw no evil and thus tucked his commons sense revolution in his boxer shorts.

I was miffed when Bruce went on twitter to announce that he was donating half of his wardrobe allowance to the people of Osun State, following the failure of the Osun State Government to pay salaries for some months. For all its worth, I as many Nigerians felt that such philanthropy was puerile and unbecoming for a man like Bruce. First of all, one felt that Bruce should have as a Senator worked across the aisle in the Senate to perhaps sponsor a bill that would have sought relief or bailout packages for states like Osun. Again, one wonders whether a paltry sum of N253, 300.00 per annum would have been enough for over 30,000 civil servants in Osun, while his home state of Bayelsa owed pensioners and workers too. Many therefore wondered why Ben Bruce wanted to begin his own charity abroad.

Perhaps, like the village rascal, who is not fretful about the notoriety of his image, Bruce has not let up from playing to the gallery time and time again. One time, the senator advocated on twitter that he was wondering why Nigeria with 36 states had to have 36 ministers, whereas the United States of America with 50 states had 18 or thereabout ministers. I quickly retorted that the same United States had two senators per state and asked whether he was willing to give up his seat in order to make his common sense practical! Dear readers, Senator Bruce never responded and as at this point in time he still has his seat in the senate!

From his tweets urging Fashola not to use generator, to his referral to a minister in Buhari’s cabinet as a criminal unto his silence while the Senate in its profligacy wants to purchase cars amounting to N4.5bn, Senator Bruce has shown that hypocrisy is now becoming his favourite past time.

The trouble in his common sense revolution is that Bruce sounds like a socialist while he is a capitalist, a liberal while he is a pseudo liberal and a progressive whereas he is at heart pro establishment.

While I do not frown at his being vocal, I would only wish that Senator Bruce would channel his new found love for activism unto good bills, motions and resolutions on the floor of the senate, guided by truth and patriotism.

This way, he would not only make a good case for himself but also for millions of professionals considering politics as a means of service.

www.leadership.ng/blogposts/501316/hypocrisy-ben-bruces-common-sense-revolution
[size=13pt]The reason behind your post has been explained right here: [url="https://www.nairaland.com/2886542/inferiority-complex-behind-jabs-senator"]https://www.nairaland.com/2886542/reasons-behind-jabs-at-senator[/url]
But I have come to see now that the fear reason was omitted in that article (basically because I was not so acutely aware of that reason before reading this)

Sibrah DesChyko lanwrex ideology egift Aufbauh opalu Flexherbal dearpreye aresa[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eight Politicians With N232bn Corruption Cases Working For Buhari’s Re-election / I’m Not Perfect, Forgive My Mistake – Lalong Begs Catholic Bishops / FG To Replace N5,000 Monthly Stipend For Unemployed Youths —ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.