Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution (26164 Views)

Shehu Sani Teaches Ben Bruce Common Sense / (Must Watch): Epic Response to Ben Bruce's "Common Sense" Revolution / Ben Murray Bruce's Common Sense Advice To Buhari And His Cabinet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
Tabletop1:
A VILLAGE RASCAL WHO IS NOT FRETFUL ABOUT HIS NOTORIETY sums up the person of Ben Bruce.
He is simply an attention seeking irritant who is dumb upstairs and can only read from prompts.
That is why he can never make any contributions spontaneously on the floor of the senate.

I could only shake my head for you and your like minds.

What attention will Ben seek? To what end shall he seek that attention? I'm sure you've NOT done any sort of investigation/research on him; he's already an accomplished and successful business man. He's over 50 years, travelled very far and wide, he seen all that's there to see. He's got a system that will continually pit money and wealth into his family's pocket, and he's an EMPLOYER of Nigerians.

I'm even shocked as to why Ben Bruce is so committed to the Nigerian cause the way he is.

Did you say he's dumb? Maybe you very recently learned to use that word in a sentence. This nation, given its youths and their primitive mindset, has NO HOPE.
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Obiodunukwe: 1:18pm On Feb 15, 2016
dearpreye:

[s]I could only shake my head for you and your like minds.

What attention will Ben seek? To what end shall he seek that attention? I'm sure you've NOT done any sort of investigation/research on him; he's already an accomplished and successful business man. He's over 50 years, travelled very far and wide, he seen all that's there to see. He's got a system that will continually pit money and wealth into his family's pocket, and he's an EMPLOYER of Nigerians.

I'm even shocked as to why Ben Bruce is so committed to the Nigerian cause the way he is.

Did you say he's dumb? Maybe you very recently learned to use that word in a sentence. This nation, given its youths and their primitive mindset, has NO HOPE. [/s]

Deeper life hypocrite

Castigating someone for insulting Bruce but you abuse Buhari every time

Hypocrite

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by ridious(m): 1:29pm On Feb 15, 2016
dearpreye:
The enemies have started their mischievous propaganda and lies but Ben won't have time for such.

It's indeed a fact that Nigerians are a very special breed of people- people who cherish sufferings and poverty.

Another crap from the enemies.

Some people don't even know who represents their constituency in the Senate BUT they'll amongst the first to attack a man who's only trying to help us seek a new paradigm. The attacks even become more depressing when the same youths whom Ben seeks to arouse their political conscience are the ones more direct, vibrant in the attacks.

When the present wasted generation of youths become the leaders of his nation, it will simply get worse. You can predict the future of of a nation by taking a critical look at the attitudes and mindset of its YOUTHS.

Keep attacking Ben Bruce. He was already a successful business man before even venturing into national politics. He will most likely become my state Governor in the future, assuming he wishes to; so you could see his path to greatness has been mapped out already. Keep attacking him while you have less than N200, 000 balance in your accounts.

Dear lalasticlala, come and witness the warped mindset of many of our youths.
Truth be told Nigerians are so dumb that they can believe someone act in just a day... Please if ben bruce can lead Nigeria right he should step forward... NIGERIANS FINDS THEIR LEADERS MISTAKE, INSTEAD OF MAKE GOOD USE OF IT THEY TEND TO MISUSE IT TOOO... What we need now is the progress of Nigeria and nothing more
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by oduastates: 1:34pm On Feb 15, 2016
Ben has been in the public eyes of the SW since like forever. He was once an object of interest due to his maverick and exotic way .
But once he got into politics and the deal that went down in NTA. The guy interest become that of suspicion.
The contracts for the supply of equipment for Nigeria 99 world ,the building of 2 NTA per state was the cover used to rob the country blind .
From one crappy Pizza 4 x4 , this guy suddenly had the money to build a massive cinema , radio and television station within a short period .
He can only impress gullible villagers and clannish people .
But to those without the baggage , he is a nuisance on Twitter.
None of his idea are original .
He should go out and lead 1 million man man to call for the slashing of the National Assembly's budget and allowances.
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
ridious:
Truth be told Nigerians are so dumb that they can believe someone act in just a day... Please if ben bruce can lead Nigeria right he should step forward... NIGERIANS FINDS THEIR LEADERS MISTAKE, INSTEAD OF MAKE GOOD USE OF IT THEY TEND TO MISUSE IT TOOO... What we need now is the progress of Nigeria and nothing more

Bruce is just trying to shift our paradigm as youths. He's got his downsides as a human but I firmly believe he's got very good intentions. A lot of his posts will appear sensible to people of like minds but of course, common sense isn't that common.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Obiodunukwe: 2:24pm On Feb 15, 2016
dearpreye:

Bruce is just trying to shift our paradigm as youths. He's got his downsides as a human but I firmly believe he's got very good intentions. A lot of his posts will appear sensible to people of like minds but of course, common sense isn't that common.

Shift what paradigm? What are you talking about? Dont force yourself to speak/write English.

You are only supporting him because he is your kinsman. There is nothing he is saying that Buhari or Osinbajo has not said.

Hypocrite. Fake Born again
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 15, 2016
Obiodunukwe:

Shift what paradigm? What are you talking about? Dont force yourself to speak/write English.

You are only supporting him because he is your kinsman. There is nothing he is saying that Buhari or Osinbajo has not said.

Hypocrite. Fake Born again

Bro, leave that thrash for Lawma.

Ben Bruce makes a lot of sense in his posts. Besides what's wrong with one supporting their person when the person dey talk sense?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Obiodunukwe: 2:38pm On Feb 15, 2016
dearpreye:

Bro, leave that thrash for Lawma.

Ben Bruce makes a lot of sense in his posts. Besides what's wrong with one supporting their person when the person dey talk sense?

That is what you should say, instead of beating around the bush

It is clear that your support for him is based on ethnic sentiments. I remember how you wailed and yelled after Jonathan (thankfully) lost the elections. Your outlook is very clannish! You attempt to cover it up by using colorful language (by Nigerian standards), it may impress semi literates on NL but any sensible person can see through your deceit .

Incidentally that is the same thing that Ben Bruce is doing. How come he did not bring all these points up during his brothers administration? His he just hearing of Innoson Motors? He hasnt heard of Aba shoes till now? He is just courting attention

He is not a saint and we all know that. He is accused of embezzling billions when he served as DG of nta. If and when they open his books, he will accuse the government of witch-hunting

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 15, 2016
Obiodunukwe:

That is what you should say, instead of beating around the bush

It is clear that your support for him is based on ethnic sentiments. I remember how you wailed and yelled after Jonathan (thankfully) lost the elections. Your outlook is very clannish! You attempt to cover it up by using colorful language (by Nigerian standards), it may impress semi literates on NL but any sensible person can see through your deceit .

Incidentally that is the same thing that Ben Bruce is doing. How come he did not bring all these points up during his brothers administration? His he just hearing of Innoson Motors? He hasnt heard of Aba shoes till now? He is just courting attention

He is not a saint and we all know that. He is accused of embezzling billions when he served as DG of nta. If and when they open his books, he will accuse the government of witch-hunting

Bro, it's being over 8 months the elections were held and concluded; there's point whatsoever talking about it though events of the day have proved that PMB doesn't have much to do when it comes fulfilling those high sounding promises his party made before the elections. In essence, we have to move on. No choice.

A lot of Ben Bruce's posts resonate with my core beliefs as as a person. The current structure is weak and will never work; we have to encourage local production of goods and services, etc. No sensible person will castigate such positions.

He may have been quiet about Innoson motors in the past. But he has has a perfect platform now to push wide his beliefs, which may have lied fallow probably due to a lack of platform. I expect you to know that business and politics aren't the same thing.

Let the books the opened; and Bruce will defend himself when the need arises. At the moment, he's making a lot of sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by aresa: 2:53pm On Feb 15, 2016
imhotep:

Nigeria became the BIGGEST economy in Africa under PDP.

Now dull@rdhino cannot prepare a simple financial budget.
He is busy blaming others.

Yes, bogus economy of looting, stealing and sharing, economy of borrowing to pay salaries, economy of unemployed youths getting scammed and killed over jobs that was never available and no accountability for the killers, economy that still kept Nigerians in darkness after 16 years of PDP looting of $20 billion power money and so on and on...

Please keep that rubbish to your kind...
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by aresa: 2:54pm On Feb 15, 2016
[s]
Dedetwo:

You and forbearers are epitomized enemies of “SE people” and I urge you to spare us the crap about your idiotic insinuation of perceived enemies.
[/s]

See guilty conscience... grin
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Obiodunukwe: 2:55pm On Feb 15, 2016
dearpreye:

Bro, it's being over 8 months the elections were held and concluded; there's point whatsoever talking about it though events of the day have proved that PMB doesn't have much to do when it comes fulfilling those high sounding promises his party made before the elections. In essence, we have to move on. No choice.

A lot of Ben Bruce's posts resonate with my core beliefs as as a person. The current structure is weak and will never work; we have to encourage local production of goods and services, etc. No sensible person will castigate such positions.

He may have been quiet about Innoson motors in the past. But he has has a perfect platform now to push wide his beliefs, which may have lied fallow probably due to a lack of platform. I expect you to know that business and politics aren't the same thing.

Let the books the opened; and Bruce will defend himself when the need arises. At the moment, he's making a lot of sense.

Interesting that you mention the fact that we need to encourage local products and services. I guess you are unaware that the economic policy of the current government is based on restricting imports and providing opportunities for domestic production

A lot of local manufacturers are already attesting to the fact that the demand for their goods has increased since the government imposed restriction on imports.

It might also interest you that majority of the those opposing the government policy are from the SE, because they are the major importers, yet they are the ones likely to benefit from the policy if they start local production of the goods they import.

What Bruce is shouting about is actually the government policy direction. He is just politicizing the issue and making a fool of himself. He is 60 and he is behaving like a man in his 20s/30s.

I will take him serious when he seeks to change the psyche of the average Nigerian and when he provides a breakdown of his salary and entitlements on Twitter

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by aresa: 2:59pm On Feb 15, 2016
[s]
Zuula:
Stupidity is when half of those PDP politicians that Looted the country for 16years are still at the helm of affairs under the Guise of a new party called APC and u haven't even noticed
[/s]

Meaningless rubbish, come up with something more intelligent and legible..
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 15, 2016
Obiodunukwe:

Interesting that you mention the fact that we need to encourage local products and services. I guess you are unaware that the economic policy of the current government is based on restricting imports and providing opportunities for domestic production

A lot of local manufacturers are already attesting to the fact that the demand for their goods has increased since the government imposed restriction on imports.

It might also interest you that majority of the those opposing the government policy are from the SE, because they are the major importers, yet they are the ones likely to benefit from the policy if they start local production of the goods they import.

What Bruce is shouting about is actually the government policy direction. He is just politicizing the issue and making a fool of himself. He is 60 and he is behaving like a man in his 20s/30s.

I will take him serious when he seeks to change the psyche of the average Nigerian and when he provides a breakdown of his salary and entitlements on Twitter

He's already changing the psyche of many youths, though just as expected, he will meet with brick walls. It's really not an easy task trying to shift a people's paradigm from what they've been used to for decades. Galileo, Copernicious, etc, paid some very steep price for trying to change the status quo.

He actually doesn't need to break down his salary for the whole world to see- I believe that will only happen when the youths become more interested with what happens at the national assembly, which to me, is the biggest cog on our wheel of progress.

Any step that will stimulate the local production of goods and services is a welcomed one. Bruce is already walking his talk in that direction.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 15, 2016
aresa:

Yes, bogus economy of looting, stealing and sharing, economy of borrowing to pay salaries, economy of unemployed youths getting scammed and killed over jobs that was never available and no accountability for the killers, economy that still kept Nigerians in darkness after 16 years of PDP looting of $20 billion power money and so on and on...

Please keep that rubbish to your kind...
^ Are you frustrated?

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 15, 2016
dearpreye:

He's already changing the psyche of many youths, though just as expected, he will meet with brick walls. It's really not an easy task trying to shift a people's paradigm from what they've been used to for decades. Galileo, Copernicious, etc, paid some very steep price for trying to change the status quo.

He actually doesn't need to break down his salary for the whole world to see- I believe that will only happen when the youths become more interested with what happens at the national assembly, which to me, is the biggest cog on our wheel of progress.

Any step that will stimulate the local production of goods and services is a welcomed one. Bruce is already walking his talk in that direction.

[size=17pt]Buhari's Budget Riddled With Errors Puts Graft War in Doubt[/size]

"Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari’s 2016 budget proposals are riddled with errors and provisions that may undermine his anti-graft war, civic groups say.
In some instances, the same purchase of vehicles, computers and furniture are replicated 24 times, totaling 46.5 billion naira ($234 million), 795 million naira is set aside to update the website of one ministry, while no purpose is assigned to a 10 billion naira provision in the education ministry’s spending plan, according to Oluseun Onigbinde, partner and co-founder of BudgIT, a Nigerian group that campaigns for transparency in public spending."

Source=>
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-15/buhari-s-budget-riddled-with-errors-puts-graft-war-in-doubt
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by eninaija(f): 3:18pm On Feb 15, 2016
DesChyko:

I'm not a twitter guy, yet I get his messages. I believe if he was moving in the opposite direction in the Senate, he'ld have been called out. I'm also aware that others with him are aware of his opinions, but whom exactly out of the entire senate has come out to lend credence to this wonderful opinion? That's to tell you how bad things really are. He's the only one saying the words Nigerians need to hear to inspire them. Hushing him down will benefit no one. Rather, we should imbibe the message.

Well said!!!
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by aresa: 3:19pm On Feb 15, 2016
Ahmeduana:

YOU'VE FORGOTTEN ABOUT ECONOMIC REALITY THAT DICTATES THE RESENT HAPPENINGS, WHEN THE MUSIC CHANGES SO MUST THE DANCING STEPS, IF YOUR INCOMES CANNOT SUSTAIN YOU ON FAST LANE LIFE, YOU CHANGE TO SLOW STEADY LANE. That is exactly what senator COMMONSENSE is driving at, though am not expecting everybody to grab.

How exactly did we get to this point after 5 years of looting our reserves, stealing and sharing when oil was over $100 per barrel? Are we still not in darkness even after they looted $20 billion power money? Are our youths still not unemployed? Ae our roads still not in shambles? Are our hospitals still nothing to write home about? Are our schools better than before 16 years of worthless PDP?

Where is the common sense in seeing and hearing no evil for 16 worthless years you participated in and destroyed, but all of a sudden seeing after 16 years of blindness?

How come all his nonsensical common sense never was about the dirt, looting, stealing and sharing our wealth by his own PDP? Or he's cleaned the slate or just still blind to the damage he and his party did or just not Nigerian enough to be concerned or even speak up against the evil deed he and his party perpetrated against Nigerians?

When was the last time he spoke up against the unemployed Nigerians his PDP scammed and killed with still no accountability and justice for the dead young Nigerians all while he sent his own son to the US, to live in his mansion in California and get the best education in America..?

What's he got to say about the daily revelation regarding our stolen and shared funds buried inside shalanga, used for spiritual prayers and all kinds of shameful absurdities?

He can create all the idiotic and deceptive distractions to fool people like you, but he's not fooling the rest of Nigeria..

The reality today are the consequences of the evil acts perpetrated by this thoughtless con man and his party for 16 years and not the senseless, thoughtless and meaningless rubbish he spews while camping out on social media 24/7.
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by aresa: 3:21pm On Feb 15, 2016
imhotep:

^ Are you frustrated?

Look in the mirror for answer..
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by aresa: 3:28pm On Feb 15, 2016
kingofabia:
This goes to show that u dont even read before posting trash.. When ben bruce was DG for NTA, was there any INNOSON motors.... ask urself that

Very ignorant post. What about as the DG of FRCN under Jona? Innoson didn't exist?

Abeg move..
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 15, 2016
imhotep:

[size=17pt]Buhari's Budget Riddled With Errors Puts Graft War in Doubt[/size]

"Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari’s 2016 budget proposals are riddled with errors and provisions that may undermine his anti-graft war, civic groups say.
In some instances, the same purchase of vehicles, computers and furniture are replicated 24 times, totaling 46.5 billion naira ($234 million), 795 million naira is set aside to update the website of one ministry, while no purpose is assigned to a 10 billion naira provision in the education ministry’s spending plan, according to Oluseun Onigbinde, partner and co-founder of BudgIT, a Nigerian group that campaigns for transparency in public spending."

Source=>
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-15/buhari-s-budget-riddled-with-errors-puts-graft-war-in-doubt

The budget isn't just riddled with errors; it's a monumental FRAUD.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by aresa: 3:32pm On Feb 15, 2016
DesChyko:

I think your sentiments are clouding your judgements. You're asking a person who left NTA DG many years back how many Innoson vehicles he bought for NTA, the same Innoson vehicle that was commissioned under President Jonathan's administration?

I'm not saying you're wrong though, but can you give a corroborative evidence that indeed Silverbird was brought up with illegally gotten wealth via NTA? Just one. And then, y'all say he ran NTA aground. I'm trying to remember what NTA was like before 1999 when he took over.

Was he not even the DG of FRCN under the same Jona you are talking about? Innoson didn't exist when he was the DG under Jona?
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by aresa: 3:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
BushidoBlue:

You mentioned NTA

Hahahahahahaha

Maybe you don't know but your heroes now in APC fought him out of NTA because he brought in reform ad drought corruption there...

Little wonder immediately he left NTA returned to its factory preset mood of rubbish.

I'm sure you were in JS11 then.

The only reforms was turning NTA into NTA/PDPstation.

NTA was nothing but a worthless political errand station under PDP exactly what reforms is this one wailing about?
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by kingofabia: 4:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
In February 2009, the first made-in-Nigeria vehicle emerged! Under another subsidiary, Innoson Vehicle manufacturing Company Ltd. (IVM) the dream became a reality at Nnewi.

aresa:

Very ignorant post. What about as the DG of FRCN under Jona? Innoson didn't exist?

Abeg move..

so if u were the one, u wud buy it then abi.... can u be real for once and leave ur sentiments at home.... The man is even doing free adevert for IVM.so please, take a chill pill and enjoy #commonsense
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by nellyomang: 4:11pm On Feb 15, 2016
lol Benedict is really a pain in APC ass.........d race has just began
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Misterdhee1(m): 4:15pm On Feb 15, 2016
Some people sef? I no understand all these unnecessary bashings. The Op is just trying to points out the fact that Sen Ben Bruce is just another Politician looking for cheap popularity. We are all Nigerians, and we av the right to raise concerns whenever we should. Anyone who thinks the op is wrong should atleast confront him with facts to strike out what he wrote!
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Zuula(m): 4:18pm On Feb 15, 2016
Not ma fault that you failed to comprehend dats why it's meaningless to u..
aresa:
[s][/s]

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by aresa: 5:30pm On Feb 15, 2016
[s]
Zuula:
Not ma fault that you failed to comprehend dats why it's meaningless to u..
[/s]

Stop bothering me with your meaningless trash...
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 15, 2016
aresa:

Look in the mirror for answer..
Did you miss me? smiley smiley
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Zuula(m): 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2016
As if u've been making sense...
aresa:
[s][/s]

Stop bothering me with your meaningless trash...
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by ElCule: 8:52pm On Feb 15, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Typical of an APC fanatic. He said the truth and you call it meaningless rubish, your inability to counter his claim with facts make your post the meaningless rubish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by davseun2ta(m): 10:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

[size=16pt]my name is ARESA and I just wanna make meaningless rubbish...[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Lectures Jonathan's Minister Over Alleged $30billion ECA Fund / I Will Bring Sahara Reporters Down - Barr Francis / Building Collapses At Area F Command, Police Officers Confirmed Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.