Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,924 members, 7,835,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution (26201 Views)

Shehu Sani Teaches Ben Bruce Common Sense / (Must Watch): Epic Response to Ben Bruce's "Common Sense" Revolution / Ben Murray Bruce's Common Sense Advice To Buhari And His Cabinet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by anonimi: 8:42am On Feb 15, 2016
texazzpete:
This thread is just sheer comedy gold !

One day, anonimi will tell us what Tinubu did to him to inspire this unrelentingly hatred

Since when did sharing TRUTHFUL information mean hatred
I would have loved to seek Gani's opinion but the only Senior Advocate of the Masses, SAM is dead triggered by the stone-throwing area boys under the command of the JagbaJantis of Bourdillon. embarassed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2185195_ganitinubuigboserecaseassaulttransparencynigeriawebsite_jpega5665315d5c791abf9153d63713a71a5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2185196_ganitinubuigboserecaseassaulttransparencynigeriawebsite2_jpega25d65d2c2182d2a7e26492fee4db0da

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2147911_cymera20150222114530_jpegbb7cc5a3cc7ccee7c2b50b7bb8f36287

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by davseun2ta(m): 8:43am On Feb 15, 2016
egift:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-hUxvvuiDv7M/VkXV7fVMQgI/AAAAAAAHToM/-vIKPlH445s/s1600/lib1.png[/img]

How can u look like Obama and reason like Obanikoro? grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin.... now that did cracked me up! "... how can you look like Obama and reason like obanikoro..." lol!!!

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by tobiasbeecher: 8:48am On Feb 15, 2016
DesChyko:

Guess that is the difference? He advertises and uses it. It's a double-take for Innoson, having a high-profile citizen advertise his product. That is the primary message. Any other message gotten is an assumption by the recipient.

He's a media man. Are you saying that he switches his line of work? Let him be. He's not outside his lane there. You wouldn't know how many PDP supporters he's been able to convince to patronise Naija-made, the same way D-banj prospect helped SLOT's purchases.
Kudos to you bro, you talk so maturely! This is rare here
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by AZeD1(m): 8:49am On Feb 15, 2016
DesChyko:

I'm not a twitter guy, yet I get his messages. I believe if he was moving in the opposite direction in the Senate, he'ld have been called out. I'm also aware that others with him are aware of his opinions, but whom exactly out of the entire senate has come out to lend credence to this wonderful opinion? That's to tell you how bad things really are. He's the only one saying the words Nigerians need to hear to inspire them. Hushing him down will benefit no one. Rather, we should imbibe the message.

I'm not against his message, but i'd rather see a tweet that says i just sponsored a bill to force all governments institution to buy made in Nigeria that his endless common sense radio jingles and tweets. If he can't get a bill that would improve the country past his colleagues in the senate then of what use is he there?

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Hotstew(m): 8:59am On Feb 15, 2016
aresa:

Innoson was invisible to the PDP and the twitter nuisance for 16 years and even with all their looting and stealing, how many of them privately or officially bought one innoson car..?

About SE people, they are ok with the devil as long as the devil is against their perceived enemies..

Howmany of the Innoson cars has your god Buhari bought??

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Hotstew(m): 9:01am On Feb 15, 2016
Aufbauh:

Some of the prominent personalities do it quietly, even the Government agencies without undue publicity stunt.
It should be an open knowledge that Innocent Chukwuma have friends in high places that will at least patronize his products.
As far back as early 2000 Gov Akume then presently senator representing benue North East ordered over 5000 innoson motorcycles for use.
Ben Bruce hypocrisy is not in the use of the said product but in the timing and undue media stunt about the whole stuff.

The best time to make a loud noise about patronizing Nigerian products is now that the economy is going down under Buhari's watch. If Tinubu, Atiku, El Rufai and other APC thieves do what Ben Bruce is doing now, it will encourage local SMEs. Tell your god Buhari to do same rather than calling Nigerians criminals all over the place.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by weezii(m): 9:08am On Feb 15, 2016
Seenyo:
Bruce is a garulous hypocrite!...take him serious @ ur own peril!!!

Who release this one...
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Huffington: 9:21am On Feb 15, 2016
Yorubas are the ones mostly attacking Ben Bruce. Why?

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 15, 2016
Same person who released ur mentaly mal-functional fada!..i hate bin quoted by re.tards!
Who release this one... [/quote]
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Bizibi(m): 9:41am On Feb 15, 2016
dearpreye:
The enemies have started their mischievous propaganda and lies but Ben won't have time for such.

It's indeed a fact that Nigerians are a very special breed of people- people who cherish sufferings and poverty.

Another crap from the enemies.

Some people don't even know who represents their constituency in the Senate BUT they'll amongst the first to attack a man who's only trying to help us seek a new paradigm. The attacks even become more depressing when the same youths whom Ben seeks to arouse their political conscience are the ones more direct, vibrant in the attacks.

When the present wasted generation of youths become the leaders of his nation, it will simply get worse. You can predict the future of of a nation by taking a critical look at the attitudes and mindset of its YOUTHS.

Keep attacking Ben Bruce. He was already a successful business man before even venturing into national politics. He will most likely become my state Governor in the future, assuming he wishes to; so you could see his path to greatness has been mapped out already. Keep attacking him while you have less than N200, 000 balance in your accounts.

Dear lalasticlala, come and witness the warped mindset of many of our youths.
i had to ask someone to tell me who is representing our constituency in delta state and the reply I got was shocking,imagine a man that has been there for full 16 yrs and he is still a senator and he will complete 20 yrs by 2019
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by SpenzaZoom(m): 9:51am On Feb 15, 2016
DesChyko:

I think your sentiments are clouding your judgements. You're asking a person who left NTA DG many years back how many Innoson vehicles he bought for NTA, the same Innoson vehicle that was commissioned under President Jonathan's administration?

I'm not saying you're wrong though, but can you give a corroborative evidence that indeed Silverbird was brought up with illegally gotten wealth via NTA? Just one. And then, y'all say he ran NTA aground. I'm trying to remember what NTA was like before 1999 when he took over.

Perfect reply to that sentimental comment. You literally typed what's in my mind
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by ideology(m): 9:52am On Feb 15, 2016
jelal007:
U know wats senseless? Ur cynical and baseless comment. Better than all APC members my foot. See ur myopic view.

Senator Benedict Murray Bruce Teaching APC POLITICS 101 tongue tongue

YORUBA BOY cum TINUBU worshipper angry sad gerrareheree

grin grin

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by portals101: 10:04am On Feb 15, 2016
Aufbauh:
The guy @benmurraybruce has a targeted audience prominently people from the SE/SS and particularly the SE.
He simply want to inherit GEJ support base but his obvious hypocrisy will soon give him out.
Have you not wonder his sudden publicity tour & patronage to aba trade fair, innoson group etc that has been in operation for years all in the guise of making us to believe that he's a home product man.

Thank you exactly my mind.

And in addition, hope people will recall that for many years, the then NBC had a running battle with his media outfits, RythymFM and Silverbird because they blatantly refused to inculcate local content in their tv and radio programmes. They were foreign.
So, in essence, it was not in him. How could he just woke up only recently to discover common sense? We have no issues with having common sense but we see when it is publicity stunt.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 15, 2016
Bizibi:
i had to ask someone to tell me who is representing our constituency in delta state and the reply I got was shocking,imagine a man that has been there for full 16 yrs and he is still a senator and he will complete 20 yrs by 2019

That's the sad tale almost everywhere. Our political indifference has proved to be dangerous to us. We must be interested in the matters that concern.
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by emmaelectelect(m): 10:08am On Feb 15, 2016
aresa:

6 months is long enough, but what about the unproductive looting and stealing 16 PDP years the hypocrite twitter nuisance participated..

Idiocy and dumb talk must be what unintelligent people call common sense these days..
You have not provided the way forward with this your assertion, Ben is doing so and we want productivity, Stop Blaming its a sign of lack of capacity
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by cynosure489: 10:13am On Feb 15, 2016
Bruce makes some sense but he is a typical hypocrite.

Once he said the president by insinuation called Nigerians criminals and that we are not , and just only a week later believes the Nigerian facilitators of the kaduna school feeding programe will embezzle what is meant for the kids.

And this is just one of the few of his hypocritical statements that not one person has pointed out till now.

I hope he means well for Nigerians.
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Zuula(m): 10:28am On Feb 15, 2016
Stupidity is when half of those PDP politicians that Looted the country for 16years are still at the helm of affairs under the Guise of a new party called APC and u haven't even noticed
aresa:

6 months is long enough, but what about the unproductive looting and stealing 16 PDP years the hypocrite twitter nuisance participated..

Idiocy and dumb talk must be what unintelligent people call common sense these days..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by tonychristopher: 10:29am On Feb 15, 2016
I do not see hypocrisy in Bruce but I see stupidity in the OP

people should learn how to accept the message and discard the messenger

What is wrong with people

Well the OP has shown that common sense ain't common after all

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Laid2001: 11:08am On Feb 15, 2016
No, you got it wrong!

The analogy is between two black men. One on top of the world and the other scumbag of the world!

DesChyko:

That boy who made that comment may not understand his folly but he just confirmed that indeed, the black man should be dumb. Of all comparisons to qualify wisdom and stupidity, it has to be a US national and a Nigerian? And you seem to find that funny? SMH
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 15, 2016
Role model to some people out there
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by intrepid: 11:42am On Feb 15, 2016
You are a big hypocrite,and if you are still a youth of this country,i pity you.I pray that God may never allow people like you to rule over me.
How can you be relentlessly attacking a man who has shown and continues to show what we all have been clamouring for all these while?

Let ALL the leaders do both secretely and publicly,and i gues that if as many as you want us to believe,have been secretly doing it,perhaps tha story would hve been different today.

Why do you make it look like no one can ever please you guys?Why is it difficult for you not to attack any good from people?

Please change
Aufbauh:

Some of the prominent personalities do it quietly, even the Government agencies without undue publicity stunt.
It should be an open knowledge that Innocent Chukwuma have friends in high places that will at least patronize his products.
As far back as early 2000 Gov Akume then presently senator representing benue North East ordered over 5000 innoson motorcycles for use.
Ben Bruce hypocrisy is not in the use of the said product but in the timing and undue media stunt about the whole stuff.
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Utchman1: 11:50am On Feb 15, 2016
I used to think his 'common sense revolution' on radio was from a neutral point of view, but after listening for a while I have come to understand that he is not genuine.

Some of his criticism of the APC government and the president could be relayed directly to the president or proposed as a bill at the senate.

He is clamoring for the use of made in Nigeria products which is a very good one, he has even gone to buy some made in a Aba shoes, this now means that him and his fellow senators should also clamor for a slash is salary and allowance, after all the made in Nigeria products are cheaper, so using that to calculate their wardrobe allowance and other things, it only makes sense for a slash.
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Dedetwo(m): 11:56am On Feb 15, 2016
DesChyko:

That boy who made that comment may not understand his folly but he just confirmed that indeed, the black man should be dumb. Of all comparisons to qualify wisdom and stupidity, it has to be a US national and a Nigerian? And you seem to find that funny? SMH

Bros the dumbass jackass is not called Adebanji for nothing.
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by emmaelectelect(m): 12:06pm On Feb 15, 2016
AZeD1:

I'm not against his message, but i'd rather see a tweet that says i just sponsored a bill to force all governments institution to buy made in Nigeria that his endless common sense radio jingles and tweets. If he can't get a bill that would improve the country past his colleagues in the senate then of what use is he there?
Even the crisis days of Government shutdown in the US, Obama always appeal to citizens to call, text and write their representatives in Capital hill to ensure bills are passed. If you want Nigeria's good as claimed by your change what don't you agree with what Ben is saying! what are your concerns?
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Dedetwo(m): 12:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
aresa:

Innoson was invisible to the PDP and the twitter nuisance for 16 years and even with all their looting and stealing, how many of them privately or officially bought one innoson car..?

About SE people, they are ok with the devil as long as the devil is against their perceived enemies..

You and forbearers are epitomized enemies of “SE people” and I urge you to spare us the crap about your idiotic insinuation of perceived enemies.
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by banmee(m): 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2016
lanwrex:
No sense in dis post... Just rubbish nd bla bla bla

Just because you don't understand it does not mean it is nonsense.
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by Tabletop1: 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2016
A VILLAGE RASCAL WHO IS NOT FRETFUL ABOUT HIS NOTORIETY sums up the person of Ben Bruce.
He is simply an attention seeking irritant who is dumb upstairs and can only read from prompts.
That is why he can never make any contributions spontaneously on the floor of the senate.
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by AZeD1(m): 12:27pm On Feb 15, 2016
emmaelectelect:

Even the crisis days of Government shutdown in the US, Obama always appeal to citizens to call, text and write their representatives in Capital hill to ensure bills are passed. If you want Nigeria's good as claimed by your change what don't you agree with what Ben is saying! what are your concerns?
I'm pretty sure i said i'm not against his message but he should stop talking(tweeting) and start asking. There's no point shouting buy Nigeria on twitter when you can draft a bill that forces government agencies to buy Nigerian.

No company will spend as much as the government this year on vehicles, imagine the effect that will have on the economy with a law like that.

Laws are not made or passed on twitter but in the senate...
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by isado4eva(m): 12:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
It's quite unfortunate that Nigerians can't seem to believe anything good or anyone possibly could have a genuine reason for doing what they do, do the maths for yourselves people, what do you stand to loose from this man's campaign for dimensional shift in the nation. It's quite sad that we so clamour for a saviour but will not even give anyone the opportunity to be one; guess we all know the real problem now.
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by makabulchi(m): 12:48pm On Feb 15, 2016
laidian:
The name Ben Bruce naturally generates a number of reactions in the minds of many Nigerians as a Fashionista, Celebrity and Entertainer. Nigerians are also familiar with household names created by the entertainment guru such as Silverbird’s Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, Cinema and a radio and television station which has helped enrich the broadcast industry in Nigeria.

Bruce’s success in the entertainment industry is indeed what many would call an American Dream come true, and is a wakeup call to the Nigerian youth illustrating that from nothing, one can go on to build empires.

Therefore, it was with much gladness that I welcomed his entry into politics when in 2012; he sought the ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party to become its guber candidate. While I knew that as the rookie that he was, he would have to contend with the powers that be for the ticket and that odds would be heavily stacked against him, I still saw his entry into politics as another leap forward for Nigeria, as ‘Clean Men’ like Bruce could then bring about the much needed change in our politics and help change the mindset of a number of youths that it was a dirty game. Unfortunately for Bruce, he was disqualified owing to issues bordering on his membership of the party then, but for us it was a good start.

In 2015, opportunity reared its head again and Bruce ran for Senate, under the Peoples Democratic Party and won, beating or should I say rigging out mercilessly a former Governor of the State, Timipriye Sylva, who polled a meager number of votes.

No sooner had he become a senator, Nigerians began to witness a new Bruce, who started proselytizing “The Common Sense Revolution” where he has been touting ideas after ideas on what is wrong with the country and how we can fix them. Using media platforms, Bruce has sought to identify the troubles with the Nigerian nation whilst at the same time proffering solutions to these challenges.

The trouble with Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution is that one cannot discern whether it is a publicity drive or a genuine cause to salvage Nigeria. For example, many have asked where has Bruce being all these years? Was he asleep when his party the PDP raped Nigeria from 1999 to 2015? Particularly, when his kinsman in former President Goodluck Jonathan held sway and nearly ran the nation aground. Surprisingly, Bruce saw no evil and thus tucked his commons sense revolution in his boxer shorts.

I was miffed when Bruce went on twitter to announce that he was donating half of his wardrobe allowance to the people of Osun State, following the failure of the Osun State Government to pay salaries for some months. For all its worth, I as many Nigerians felt that such philanthropy was puerile and unbecoming for a man like Bruce. First of all, one felt that Bruce should have as a Senator worked across the aisle in the Senate to perhaps sponsor a bill that would have sought relief or bailout packages for states like Osun. Again, one wonders whether a paltry sum of N253, 300.00 per annum would have been enough for over 30,000 civil servants in Osun, while his home state of Bayelsa owed pensioners and workers too. Many therefore wondered why Ben Bruce wanted to begin his own charity abroad.

Perhaps, like the village rascal, who is not fretful about the notoriety of his image, Bruce has not let up from playing to the gallery time and time again. One time, the senator advocated on twitter that he was wondering why Nigeria with 36 states had to have 36 ministers, whereas the United States of America with 50 states had 18 or thereabout ministers. I quickly retorted that the same United States had two senators per state and asked whether he was willing to give up his seat in order to make his common sense practical! Dear readers, Senator Bruce never responded and as at this point in time he still has his seat in the senate!

From his tweets urging Fashola not to use generator, to his referral to a minister in Buhari’s cabinet as a criminal unto his silence while the Senate in its profligacy wants to purchase cars amounting to N4.5bn, Senator Bruce has shown that hypocrisy is now becoming his favourite past time.

The trouble in his common sense revolution is that Bruce sounds like a socialist while he is a capitalist, a liberal while he is a pseudo liberal and a progressive whereas he is at heart pro establishment.

While I do not frown at his being vocal, I would only wish that Senator Bruce would channel his new found love for activism unto good bills, motions and resolutions on the floor of the senate, guided by truth and patriotism.

This way, he would not only make a good case for himself but also for millions of professionals considering politics as a means of service.

www.leadership.ng/blogposts/501316/hypocrisy-ben-bruces-common-sense-revolution
Hater alert
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by gabicon: 12:55pm On Feb 15, 2016
Nigeria a country with 180 million methodology on how to fix her problems.
Re: The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution by cardoctor(m): 1:06pm On Feb 15, 2016
Common sense my nyanch.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Deputy Chief Whip Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP / Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… / I Have Spent Salaries I Received – Herman Hembe, Sacked Rep Begs Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.