Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari (28370 Views)

How Osinbajo ‘goofed’ On Nigeria Remaining Together – Niger Delta Monarch, Ayemi / How Osinbajo Failed Robert Greene's1st Law Of Power "Never Outshine Your Master" / How Osinbajo Saved Me From Toronto Certificate Scandal - Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by jpphilips(m): 8:19am On Feb 16, 2016
obailala:
How I wish some people like yourself can receive a vision of what can happen to a country like Nigeria if it runs out of forex, how I wish you can understand the kind of terrible humanitarian crisis the nation would be plunged into if we run out of forex reserves, then you wouldn't sit behind your desk and think the CBN are the villains in this forex hoarding game.

https://www.naij.com/434668-external-reserves-cant-pay-for-imports.html
If you read this simple article above, it would give you a little insight as to why the CBN as a matter of national emergency, has to hoard forex as much as it can. The CBN presently has less than $28billion as its liquid forex reserves, a value which cannot satisfy up to a 6 months import requirement. Can you imagine what would happen to a nation if it runs out of forex to the point of not being able to import essential commodities like food, petroleum products etc.?

Tell him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Convicts Nigerian Fraudster, ‘yahoo Boy’ Of Love Scam In Kaduna / The Outcome Of Atiku's Appeal At The Supreme Court Is Predictable - Jafar Jafar / Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.