Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,163 members, 7,835,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari (28371 Views)

How Osinbajo ‘goofed’ On Nigeria Remaining Together – Niger Delta Monarch, Ayemi / How Osinbajo Failed Robert Greene's1st Law Of Power "Never Outshine Your Master" / How Osinbajo Saved Me From Toronto Certificate Scandal - Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by alpharbody(m): 12:09pm On Feb 15, 2016
This doesn't empress me now......

#Whatyado
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by chinchum(m): 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

I know, i get it, jonathan fvcked up
But heres the thing, now that oil price is at an alltime low and knowing that nigerian economy is mostly import dependent
Why should he make it impossible for importers to source the dollar? I understand the benefits of being an export dep. country
But i believe it should be a gradual process not something you just terminate. We can't keep blaming jonathan forever.

Limited foreign reserves ! , we are on a 11 year low foreign reserves of 27 billion usd, a far cry from the 68+ billion usd we had at its peak, we can run out of foreign reserves in less than 12 months if access to dollar becomes an all comers affair.
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by hasyn04(m): 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2016
U shud understand that d reason naira keeps falling is bcoz d budget is yet to b apprvd hence stoping marketers to invest.

But then how come even under the most corrupt government (GEJ) the naira was never this useless?
[/quote]
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by hasyn04(m): 12:15pm On Feb 15, 2016
Do u know the sole reason why naira keeps falling?
OZAOEKPE:
AND NAIRA KEEPS FALLING UNTIL IT SEES CRUDE OIL?
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by kponkanaG3(m): 12:16pm On Feb 15, 2016
Please my fellow Naira landers what is Holy Ghost or what is Holy about a Ghost? I asked because I don't know [color=#990000][/color]
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by Lovelynature(m): 12:24pm On Feb 15, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

Why cant you guys fight corruption while simultaneously trying to balance the economy?
What would you do if after fighting "corruption" and then you look up and realize that there is no Nigeria to govern.
funny but true. You have a point bro
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by Missmossy(f): 12:24pm On Feb 15, 2016
He tried. Things should just get better,it's not a time to start apportioning blames. God help us.

1 Like

Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by Nairadays: 12:24pm On Feb 15, 2016
People tend to forget so soon.

Jonathan was kinda maltreated under Yar'Adua, they looked on him like he'll never amount to something, but later on they all licked his shoes.

It's Osinbajo's turn now and they're doing the same thing.

When it's his turn now tomorrow, they'll start mending fences here and there.

Someone even called him an "ordinary commisioner"; no wahala time will tell.

1 Like

Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by HuJJC(m): 12:28pm On Feb 15, 2016
privatization in the oil sector, roads , rails, gas, etc... Will help this country move forward.. Learn from countries like japan, south Korea etc..
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by blackpanda: 12:35pm On Feb 15, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

Why cant you guys fight corruption while simultaneously trying to balance the economy?
What would you do if after fighting "corruption" and then you look up and realize that there is no Nigeria to govern.

You talk as if u can just press a button and reset the nigerian economy. Its not magic, we have been depending on a single commodity for FE. So now that the commodity is worthless, what do u expect. Nigeria will bounce back but its gonna take time.

We need funds to jumpstart other industries, funds that are tied down in private accounts by virtue of corruption and looting.
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by palladin: 12:36pm On Feb 15, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

If you have a keg that is leaking heavily, which would you do first

1. Buy petrol in it then struggle to patch the bucket afterwards

2. Simultaneously buy petrol in it and patch the bucket.

3. Patch the bucket then buy petrol in it afterwards.

Anyone who needs Dragnet, SHL, Workforce PQ & answers should check this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/2685888/myjob-mobile-app-android

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 15, 2016
When Jonathan started his rule after Yardua died, how much was a barrel of oil?

And in case you don't already know, the value of a country's currency is directly proportion to the value of its exports (89% of Nigeria's export is crude oil and petroleum products).

Lower oil prices means the money we earn from exporting oil has reduced.

Don't just support GEJ blindly... just like the APC guys should not just support Buhari blindly... try to see things as they really are!

Dudeweedlmao:

But then how come even under the most corrupt government (GEJ) the naira was never this useless?
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:37pm On Feb 15, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

Ur question shows u re ignorant of Economy and finance! Study more pls!
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by onatisi(m): 12:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
So what the hell is special in a vice president acting as a president in the absence of the president?
Isn't that why he contested and was elected vice president to the president?
Why does every normal thing abroad or in the outside world has to be celebrated in Nigeria as a milestone when it occurs in Nigeria?
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
Nairadays:
People tend to forget so soon.

Jonathan was kinda maltreated under Yar'Adua, they looked on him like he'll never amount to something, but later on they all licked his shoes.

It's Osinbajo's turn now and they're doing the same thing.

When it's his turn now tomorrow, they'll start mending fences here and there.

Someone even called him an "ordinary commisioner"; no wahala time will tell.
who is maltreating Osibanjo? Who maltreated Sambo? Who maltreated GEJ?
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:51pm On Feb 15, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

But heres the thing, now that oil price is at an alltime low and knowing that nigerian economy is mostly import dependent
Why should he make it impossible for importers to source the dollar? I understand the benefits of being an export dep. country
But i believe it should be a gradual process not something you just terminate. We can't keep blaming jonathan forever.

The answer to ur quesstion is simple! He is simply trying to enforce diversification! We re being compelled to patronise ur brothers in Aba even though we knw their goods are fake!

1 Like

Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by Propene: 12:58pm On Feb 15, 2016
palladin:

If you have a keg that is leaking heavily, which would you do first

1. Buy petrol in it then struggle to patch the bucket afterwards

2. Simultaneously buy petrol in it and patch the bucket.

3. Patch the bucket then buy petrol in it afterwards.

Anyone who needs Dragnet, SHL, Workforce PQ & answers should check this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/2685888/myjob-mobile-app-android

very nice analogy. well said
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by charlesucheh(m): 12:59pm On Feb 15, 2016
OGA ACTING PRESIDENT ARE YOU ALSO AWARE OF THE RECENT DSS RECRUITMENT SCAM?
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by omolola15(m): 1:03pm On Feb 15, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

Please tell me what will you have done of you are the president. The country largely depend on oil. And that's not working anymore. So what do you think Buhari should have done that he is not doing. Please i need an answer. Because people keeps thinking its easy.
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by lomprico(m): 1:09pm On Feb 15, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
And the point of this write up is ?......una no get work at all....God bless Nigeria!!
Its for propaganda na! What else?
As an acting president is he not supposed to work?
Is that not one of d reason a president has a vice?
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by olisasegun(m): 1:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
You can't cure stroke. Stroke is a complication of certain diseases like hypertension.

It is either you completely or partially recover from it.

It can however be prevented.
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by bubbleslink: 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2016
koboko69:

The reason for unbalanced economy is corruption. You can't balance the economy without fighting corruption.

Besides the country is being governed

and you think fighting corruption is a one day thing? if we are to wait till d said war against corruption is achieved before doing oda thing, a dollar must have been equal to a thousand naira! diaz corruption everywhere even in d civilised/developed nations... If You... I... and even does at d top are corrupt, achieving a completely corruption free nigeria means whippingout dis generation! corruption can only be termed and not wiped, so let d presidency look at our dwindling economy.
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by babyfaceafrica: 1:19pm On Feb 15, 2016
lomprico:

Its for propaganda na! What else?
As an acting president is he not supposed to work?
Is that not one of d reason a president has a vice?
in 4 days?..abeg this post is unnecessary
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by pamdaniel(m): 1:24pm On Feb 15, 2016
the shelf in his office is so empty i can see it is true, please grant him those billions to fill it up, after all na prof he be
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by cardoctor(m): 2:05pm On Feb 15, 2016
Man at work.
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by olajizz01(m): 2:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

You must be a novice,the price of crude oil in world market never gone to this amount during GEJ regime and as we all known that we are running mono-economy,reduction in the price of crude oil in world market will definately have adverse effect on our economy because that is where we get our main income and foreign currency and the foreign currency we are raking has drastically reduced for now,when ever the demand for dollars in the country outweigh supply,the forces of demand and supply will get to work,thereby improve the value of dollar against naira.
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by lomprico(m): 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
in 4 days?..abeg this post is unnecessary
Very! But like I said its just cheap propaganda by d ruling party.
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by Stylz69(m): 2:26pm On Feb 15, 2016
Nigerians and our ruler mentality. We should perceive the president as leaders and not rulers. We are in a democracy now.
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by watered(m): 5:52pm On Feb 15, 2016
He's only a 'mere commissioner'
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by IYANGBALI: 8:32pm On Feb 15, 2016
......One idiot that is about going to jail once called him a mere commissioner
Re: How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari by olajigaolamide: 11:00pm On Feb 15, 2016
IYANGBALI:
......One idiot that is about going to jail once called him a mere commissioner

Yeah you are right

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of Arrested Aac/take It Back Members In Handcuffs And Chains / Melaye Damaged 2 Police Vehicles While Attempting Escape From Custody – Witness / Beating Amotekun Officers Attracts N250,000 Fine, Jail Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.