Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,934 members, 7,838,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari (41733 Views)

Biafra: Withdraw Troops From South-East Now - US Group Tells Buhari / ND Activist, Ann-kio Briggs Condemns Ultimatum To Igbos, Unveils IPOND / Breaking News: Nigerian Govt Orders Immediate Withdrawal Of Troops From ND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 16, 2016
I didn't dey ooh. .. grin grin grin grin
Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by klassicview: 10:57pm On Feb 16, 2016
if buhari don't honour court orders why should honour any Nigeria court order. Nigeria will soon explode.
Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by iSlayer: 10:57pm On Feb 16, 2016
Elijahrona2:

How can I disclose something already public? Everyone knows where tompolo is. You guys should tell bubu to stop fooling you.

OK na
Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by SAEJO: 11:02pm On Feb 16, 2016
iSlayer:
She's talking like a militant
You are talking like a boko haram illiterate

2 Likes

Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by mrMeen(m): 11:06pm On Feb 16, 2016
Okimski:
To avoid unnecessary friction that may lead to tension in the area, President Muhammadu Buhari has been advised to call for the immediate withdrawal of troops redeployed to some communities in the Niger Delta region.
A human rights activist, Ann-Kio Briggs, who gave the warning said the presence of soldiers in these communities particularly in the Gbaramatu community of Delta state could be agitating and was capable of causing tension in the area.
This is coming at a time when the Federal High court in Lagos ordered for the arrest of the ex-militant warlords for his refusal to honor several invitations by the EFCC.
Speaking in Port Harcourt, Rivers state capital at the weekend, Ann-Kio Briggs warned that if the idea of redeploying troops to the Delta community was to arrest Government Ekpemupolo, popularly called Tompolo, then “They should go through the due process of arresting anybody”.
“Tompolo has been doing legitimate business with the government over the years. I don’t know which law stipulates how to do business or otherwise. If the federal government has any issue with Tompolo, they should go through the due process of properly investigating him.
“You can’t send soldiers to destroy a community, arrest young men and rape women in the name of searching for Tompolo. If they claim that everybody in the Ijaw land is a criminal, does it also mean that everybody in the north is a member of Boko Haram?
“You cannot hold the traditional rulers responsible for Tompolo’s action or inaction. The attitude of the soldiers in the Ijaw communities is oppressive. The moment soldiers are restricted to a particular ethnic group in the country, it becomes very
Ann-Kio Briggs who is the spokesperson of the Ijaw Republican Assembly, IRA, said it was fundamentally wrong for soldiers to “invade” any community in search of their target, adding that such action was “not the way to address the issue of decades-long neglect of the Niger Delta region by every successive government”.
According to her, If Tompolo has been indicted for any wrong doing, he should be properly investigated but “there are officials in this government who have been indicted of embezzlement of public funds, yet they are walking about as freemen”.

Speaking further, the activist corrected that the search for the arrest of Tompolo should not be enough reason for the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi to cancel the Maritime University set up by the government of former President Goodluck Jonathan in Delta state.
She described as anti-Nigeria the cancellation of the university by the minister, stating that this is capable of generating “bad blood” between the north and the people of the Niger Delta region.
“Tompolo’s issue is not enough reason for anybody to cancel the maritime university. This is a shame. We in the Ijaw land deserve the equal share of every good thing in this country. If an aviation university is to be built in the north, why can’t somebody leave the maritime university in Delta!
Jonathan built about twelve new universities in his tenure and five of these universities were in the north. Why should anybody contemplate of denying Ijaw people the right of hosting a university on their land?”, she quipped
https://www.today.ng/news/national/79013/tompolo-withdraw-troops-from-niger-delta-ann-kio-briggs-warns-buhari

:DTHE LovePeddler HAVE SPOKEN.
Because some big Nigerian fraudstars are walking freely(in her saying) because i believe they are not walking freely,deep in the Heart they are damn scared.they are Frightend they now EFCC will come For em and thats why they are crying maginalisation:Dand you tO they will come for you sooner or later (slut).
Our army we Nigerians support you,go get him and if anybody step on ur way short him/her from sight.. IdiOtic Millitants and thier tribe women who want Nigerian Govmnt to let this terrorists(tampola and his men) walk free because he is from her community. Shyne your eyes u have witness wHat happend to Biafrans(WISHFUL THINKERS) and their President KUNU,THIS WOMEN SHUD BE ARRESTED CUZ IT SEEMS SHE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH EM,WHO NOWS MEYBE SHE NOWS HIS HEADOUT.:/
Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by churchmind: 11:06pm On Feb 16, 2016
iSlayer:
She's talking like a militant
n u r reasoning like a goat

1 Like

Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by iSlayer: 11:06pm On Feb 16, 2016
SAEJO:
You are talking like a boko haram illiterate

Face front ye leper.
Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by iSlayer: 11:12pm On Feb 16, 2016
erekoshe:
This forum is obviously filled up with teenagers from the south west! I think adults no longer comment here.

Buhari said attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the North.. A lady came to fight for her community. It has always been "our thieves are better than your thieves"; why the insults on her personality and same people worship Buhari? Nigeria is heavily ethno religious.

The teenagers in the west attack those in the East and Vice versa, why are they attacking the ND that even have roots in the West? Is it so as to worship the 'saint Buhari' who equally care more for his tribesmen?

We need to emancipate ourselves from ethnic and religious shackles..

That's it. APC Zombies & Buhari worshippers. Anything Buhari does is good. Leave this useless people
Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
Okimski:
Good, we will always protect our own, the real criminals are walking freely and they want us to hand over our bravest. Niger Deltans are not the Idomas who want to throw their finest (David mark) away and settle for children who can't stand when the heat is on.

**** This is one of th problems of Nigeria. "Our own" "My tribe" " My religion" .... anybody regardless of his region, religion or whatever should be prosecuted
Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by MyGeneration(m): 11:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
TheAdvocate:
Is this worth the blood of innocent Nigerians?

Legally, time doesn't run against a crime. The FG should thread with caution in other not to waste the lives of gallant soldiers who do not know the terrains of the creeks.
Which soldier's, its just bombs they wud be seeing coming from the air force nd navy.
Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
IYA OLE,OLE.DUMB ASS.
Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by TruthisGOD: 11:21pm On Feb 16, 2016
sunnymaja:
You these evil defender will eventually destroy Nigeria. Is it right for Tompolo for ignore court order? What other due process do you want than court order to arrest a fleeing criminal. If he is right, why was he on the run after all others honour the invitation including Akpobolokemi that was charged with him. Bunch of evil
But it is right for Buhari and his DSS cohorts to ignore court orders? Bunch of hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by sheshiahmad(m): 11:21pm On Feb 16, 2016
hu ix dis she-cow y ix he hiding wen he knos his hands are clean on d allegations levelled against em i gues dis woman took expired BKT
Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by Generalyemi(m): 11:22pm On Feb 16, 2016
Our problem is tribalism and religion.Until then ,we won't grow.our economy won't grow,our sense of reasoning won't grow...
Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by OYIBN: 11:25pm On Feb 16, 2016
Stupid woman
Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by Demdem(m): 11:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
Foolish woman. Foolish talk.
Arrant Nonsense.
Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by SAEJO: 11:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
Elosky20:
imagine talk, where you people nt there when he was summoned by a court to answer for himself. if u like cover him, it is just a matter of time you will nt have mouth to talk again,i pity the children, women and the elderly in that area because soon people will start shouting RULE OF LAW.
When two elephant fight, it is the ground that will feel the pain.
According to your words the present northern lead government is planning to kill innocent people, the youth, women, children and the elderly and commit genocides in the south-south using the search for tompolo as an excuse, waoooow
you guys don't know what you are about to start,if this ever happens, I feel pity for this country
Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by SAEJO: 11:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
henrydadon:
in my next life I will make sure I never come to Africa
Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by OFFICIAL336: 11:40pm On Feb 16, 2016
chinchum:
I always shudder at the way supposedly sane people defend impunity with so much bare face. I mean this foolish woman's argument borders on what an insane fellow will say. Someone has failed to honor invitation to defend himself and choose to evade arrest, and this piece of old hag comes with an open defence as moronnic as this..
So the best approach is deploying soldiers? U are the silly one

1 Like

Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by SAEJO: 11:45pm On Feb 16, 2016
TruthisGOD:
But it is right for Buhari and his DSS cohorts to ignore court orders? Bunch of hypocrisy
DON'T MIND THIS HOPELESS JEALOUS SOUTHSOUTH HATERS
Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by Rossburg(m): 11:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
Okimski:
Good, we will always protect our own, the real criminals are walking freely and they want us to hand over our bravest. Niger Deltans are not the Idomas who want to throw their finest (David mark) away and settle for children who can't stand when the heat is on.

I see you.... konfam

1 Like

Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by SAEJO: 11:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
gods134:
. may God punish you n ur Hausa Fulani agenda

AMEN
Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by meccuno: 11:48pm On Feb 16, 2016
henrydadon:
in my next life I will make sure I never come to Africa
Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by meccuno: 11:54pm On Feb 16, 2016
mbhs139:

I can't remember the last time I made any comments on nairaland but this your comment drew me out of my shell. Honestly, If there's another life I don't pray to come to Africa again. It is people like Ankio Briggs that makes the continent in general backward. Imagine her saying the cancellation of a university would course war between the north and the ND. It just shows how dumb she is. And to imagine that that's someone's mother. Gawwwwwd!!!!
.do u have comprehension problems?
Re: Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari by SAEJO: 11:55pm On Feb 16, 2016
iSlayer:

Face front ye leper.

WHO IS THIS slowpoke?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See Why Buharis Asset Declaration Is A Deception / Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) / Ifeanyi Ibezim's Thugs Shoot 2 Men Dead In Anambra (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.