Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,666 members, 7,809,516 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin (2784 Views)

Drug Baron Can’t Be My Party Leader – Obasanjo To PDP / PDP Must Win EDO State-bamangar Tukur(pdp National Party Chairman) / Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by FBS: 8:01pm On Jul 08, 2009
Sink immigrants' boats - Griffin
The EU should sink boats carrying illegal immigrants to prevent them entering Europe, British National Party leader Nick Griffin has told the BBC.

The MEP for the North-West of England said the EU had to get "very tough" with migrants from sub-Saharan Africa.

. . .
'Combating the flow'

In an interview with this week's edition of BBC Parliament's The Record Europe, he said: "If there's measures to set up some kind of force or to help, say the Italians, set up a force which actually blocks the Mediterranean then we'd support that.

Europe has sooner or later to close its borders or its simply going to be swamped by the Third World
Nick Griffin MEP

"But the only measure, sooner or later, which is going to stop immigration and stop large numbers of sub-Saharan Africans dying on the way to get over here is to get very tough with those coming over.

"Frankly, they need to sink several of those boats.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/8141069.stm
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by Fhemmmy: 8:04pm On Jul 08, 2009
Waoh, a leader making such a comment? that is scary.
immigration has done so much for all these western nations. So he needs to shut his trap called mouth
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 08, 2009
na wa for the Brits! undecided

I'm not a fan of illegal immigration but this is taking things a bit too far.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by ElRazur: 8:24pm On Jul 08, 2009
tpia.:

na wa for the Brits! undecided

I'm not a fan of illegal immigration but this is taking things a bit too far.

That is a bit of a generalization madam.

Nick griffin is a leader of racist party. His views are that of the tiny minority in this country. Let us not forget that UK already allows more immigrant in than most country within same class.

As for the topic at hand, the guy have been known to say many crazy stuff in the past. But he is really a nobody here.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by Fhemmmy: 8:26pm On Jul 08, 2009
ElRazur:

Nick griffin is a leader of racist party. His views are that of the tiny minority in this country. Let us not forget that UK already allows more immigrant in than most country within same class.

As for the topic at hand, the guy have been known to say many crazy stuff in the past. But he is really a nobody here.

What is the weight of his party.
How could they even allow a racist party to exist, isn't that against human right?

1 Like

Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by FBS: 8:28pm On Jul 08, 2009
Personally, I still don't know what to say.

ElRazur:

As much as I agree with some of what you said, you may the surprised that a lot of people in Britain may be in support of this idiot of a guy. The thing is not everyone has the balls to voice them out.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by 2Legit2Qui: 8:30pm On Jul 08, 2009
hmmm- he meant to say Nigerians. Wow. my peeps.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by ElRazur: 8:31pm On Jul 08, 2009
Fhemmmy:

What is the weight of his party.
How could they even allow a racist party to exist, isn't that against human right?

His party carries a weight as much as a single feather. smiley

In a free and democratic society, a few things are allowed, even though people may not like it.  If he is not allowed, he would go under ground and that is even more dangerous. Under the constitutional right, he is legal etc.

He was able to become an MEP [Member of European Parliament] because he used this sort of tactics as at a time people are losing their jobs, there is down turn in the economy etc. In fact, party like his tend to win a seat or two in times like this but do not last long.

His party is shunned by most media outlet and most political party have nothing to do with BNP.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 08, 2009
ElRazur:

well, I personally would find more alarming the fact that he's a public figure representing a constituency.

The BNP advocates British withdrawal from the European Union and an end to all immigration to the UK and last month won its first two seats in the European Parliament.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by MrCrackles(m): 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2009
2Legit2Qui:

hmmm- he meant to say Nigerians. Wow. my peeps.

Are you daft?
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by MrCrackles(m): 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2009
FBS:

As much as I agree with some of what you said, you may the surprised that a lot of people in Britain may support your latter comment. The thing is not everyone has the balls to voice them out.

True!
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by FBS: 8:36pm On Jul 08, 2009
MrCrackles:

True!
Brashy, sup dude? cheesy

What are all these politicians up to? This is pretty the way the nazis started. phuc.k them all.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by MrCrackles(m): 8:37pm On Jul 08, 2009
Illegal immigration can be curbed but extreme measures might be required. . . . . .However i dont agree with Nick Griffin
Nick Griffin is a bloody racist and a lot of Brits are. . . .Even though some of them wont show it blatantly
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by ElRazur: 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2009
tpia.:

well, I personally would find more alarming the fact that he's a public figure representing a constituency.

Personally, I have no concern. He cannot push across votes at the European parliament. He is really in the minority. Even the Queen appear not to like them.

FBS:

Personally, I still don't know what to say.
As much as I agree with some of what you said, you may the surprised that a lot of people in Britain may support your latter comment. The thing is not everyone has the balls to voice them out.

I disagree. I was born here, grew up for sometime in Nigeria and then back living here now. I am yet to experience any racism biased towards me. A lot of people may frown at this, but I have experienced more tribalism in Nigeria, than I have experienced racism here. smiley
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by MrCrackles(m): 8:39pm On Jul 08, 2009
FBS:

Brashy, sup dude? cheesy
What are all these politicians up to? This is pretty the way the nazis started. phuc.k them all.

FBS boss. . . .Watz d deal?
Been a while. . . . . Found out you been kicking it up in the Politics section. . . . wink
Anytin to pass time till the footy starts raining again. . . . . . .
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by FBS: 8:43pm On Jul 08, 2009
ElRazur:

I disagree. I was born here, grew up for sometime in Nigeria and then back living here now. I am yet to experience any racism biased towards me. A lot of people may frown at this, but I have experienced more tribalism in Nigeria, than I have experienced racism here. smiley
that you never experienced it does not mean it doesn't exist.
Tribalism in Nigeria would probably not have existed if not for the British.
Nigeria was not meant to be a single country. Way too many people of different culture and background under one roof and that, my friend is a good recipe for disaster.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by MrCrackles(m): 8:47pm On Jul 08, 2009
ElRazur:

Dont kid yourself dude, RACISM exists. . . . . .Your next door neighbour might be sitting in his lounge raining curses at your skin colour
The next day he see's you in the morning and hez all yappy happy all over u. . . . even buying you The sun and a pasty. . . .
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by savanaha: 8:48pm On Jul 08, 2009
ElRazur:

I actually have heard stories from British born and grown Nigerians of the racism in Britian. Some were spit at, things thrown at them. These are from the mouth of those it happened. Wasn't there news yesterday of a man who was shot thrice for wearing an Obama shirt. Maybe you are one of the lucky people that have not experienced it or maybe you don't notice it but. . .
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by savanaha: 8:49pm On Jul 08, 2009
FBS:

that you never experienced it does not mean it doesn't exist.
Tribalism in Nigeria would probably not have existed if not for the British. Nigeria was not meant to be a single country. Way too many people of different culture and background under one roof and that, my friend is a good recipe for disaster.
Exactly!!!
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by ElRazur: 9:08pm On Jul 08, 2009
MrCrackles:

Dont kid yourself dude, RACISM exists. . . . . .Your next door neighbour might be sitting in his lounge raining curses at your skin colour
The next day he see's you in the morning and hez all yappy happy all over u. . . . even buying you The sun and a pasty. . . .

Off course racism exist. I'm merely saying am yet to be at the receiving end, and probably not as common like folks would want us to believe.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by Fhemmmy: 9:11pm On Jul 08, 2009
I guess KKK should have a party in America as well then?
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by strangleyo: 9:13pm On Jul 08, 2009
Nigerians need to make Nigeria better so they don't need to go to Europe and be abused and treated as 2nd class citizens.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by ElRazur: 9:14pm On Jul 08, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I guess KKK should have a party in America as well then?

kkk and bnp are different in several ways I think. Besides, america and UK have  different views and constitution.

Let us not forget they occur in different times.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by nuesaweso(f): 9:16pm On Jul 08, 2009
@ ElRazur, you must be kiddin me. . . where do u live in UK?

strangleyo:

Nigerians need to make Nigeria better so they don't need to go to Europe and be abused and treated as 2nd class citizens.

Spot on!
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by FBS: 9:19pm On Jul 08, 2009
MrCrackles:

FBS boss. . . .Watz d deal?
Been a while. . . . . Found out you been kicking it up in the Politics section. . . .  wink
Anytin to pass time till the footy starts raining again. . . . . . .

Brashy boss,  grin. I'm ok.
Actually there is some footie going on. Zayton Cup.  grin Wydad Casablanca of Morocco dealt with Bayer 04 Leverkusen. grin cheesy

As regards illegal immigration, can't this idiots understand that people are doing it to survive and that there are many ways of curbing it.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by Fhemmmy: 9:20pm On Jul 08, 2009
ElRazur:

kkk and bnp are different in several ways I think. Besides, america and UK have  different views and constitution.

Let us not forget they occur in different times.

As far as i am concerned, they are same.
Someone said that the party he is talking about racist party, and KKK are nothing but racist.
So what are the difference?
I understand there are white supremacy, but i think it is just another name for racist.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by strangleyo: 9:20pm On Jul 08, 2009
Europeans don't want Nigerians or other Africans coming to their shores. Its no different than why Nigerians don't want a million impoverished Asians coming to Nigeria.

Maybe not today, but one day Europe and perhaps the USA and other western countries will close their borders and simply turn migrant boats back.

Perhaps Nigeria will have its long awaited revolution when we realize that there is nowhere else to run.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by ElRazur: 9:20pm On Jul 08, 2009
nues aweso:

@ ElRazur, you must be kiddin me. . . where do u live in UK?

Sorry my location if off limits to discussion. smiley Nothing to kid you about. May be I am just lucky?  smiley Or must every black man experience racism?
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by FBS: 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2009
strangleyo:

Europeans don't want Nigerians or other Africans coming to their shores. Its no different than why Nigerians don't want a million impoverished Asians coming to Nigeria.

Maybe not today, but one day Europe and perhaps the USA and other western countries will close their borders and simply turn migrant boats back.

Perhaps Nigeria will have its long awaited revolution when we realize that there is nowhere else to run.  
Look, forget that one. It is not in the interest of Europe to see Nigeria or Africa develop. Africa's development is big threat to European economy.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by ElRazur: 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2009
Fhemmmy:

As far as i am concerned, they are same.
Someone said that the party he is talking about racist party, and KKK are nothing but racist.
So what are the difference?
I understand there are white supremacy, but i think it is just another name for racist.

Okay, I cannot change you mind am afraid. Please read up KKK and their activities, and then do the same for the BNP. Draw your conclusion from there.

They both have racism elements to them, but mess me give me the bnp over the kkk any day.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by strangleyo: 9:28pm On Jul 08, 2009
Blaming Europe for our ills is no excuse.

If we want to develop nobody can stop us. i don't buy this "we can't develop because the white man holds us down" bullshit.

European imperialism, racism, and unfair trade policies didn't stop Japan from becoming a world power, or China's rise?
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by Fhemmmy: 9:38pm On Jul 08, 2009
ElRazur:

Okay, I cannot change you mind am afraid. Please read up KKK and their activities, and then do the same for the BNP. Draw your conclusion from there.

They both have racism elements to them, but mess me give me the bnp over the kkk any day.

I cant say i know too much about bnp, cos i dont, but anything that has to do with racism as a group just doesnt go down too well with me.
But like you said, i will read more about bnp, and maybe i wouldn't have to align them with KKK

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Builds Maximum Security Cell For Ballot Boxes / The Hausa/fulani Are Asking For 'rwandan Tutsi' Treatment / Melaye Files Suit Against Dimeji Bankole And Sani Omolori

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.