Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin (2789 Views)

Drug Baron Can’t Be My Party Leader – Obasanjo To PDP / PDP Must Win EDO State-bamangar Tukur(pdp National Party Chairman) / Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by Ilelobola: 10:05pm On Jul 08, 2009
strangleyo:

Blaming Europe for our ills is no excuse.

If we want to develop nobody can stop us. i don't buy this "we can't develop because the white man holds us down" bullshit.

European imperialism, racism, and unfair trade policies didn't stop Japan from becoming a world power, or China's rise?

Digressing a bit from the topic being discussed but I'm currently reading a book "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" by John Perkins. It's about how the west provide unnecessary loans and aid to ensure developing countries remain dependent on them. If there's any inkling of truth to what's in the book; the western world really holds developing countries down and you wonder what concessions our leaders have granted over the years in their greed for self enrichment.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by strangleyo: 1:36am On Jul 09, 2009
our leaders are the corrupt ones

they borrow money to stay in power

try pulling that shit off in the US or UK, wona happen, people are too patriotic to topple their own governments
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by FBS: 6:38am On Jul 09, 2009
strangleyo:

our leaders are the corrupt ones

they borrow money to stay in power

try pulling that shit off in the US or UK, wona happen, people are too patriotic to topple their own governments
Agreed they are corrupt but ask yourself, where do they take this money to? First bank or swiss bank?
One thing you fail to understand is this Africa has the European sytem and culture abruptly imposed on them but no developed infrastructure to accomodate them. Asian countires like China and Japan had developed a similarily organized society so it was much easier for them to adapt and compete with the Western world. You have to take these things into consideration. Europeans and east asians have reached the point they are at, over the course of centuries. It was a gradual process. You can't force a system down someone's throat and expect them to adapt completely overnight.
Physical, emotional, intellectual errosion took place in Africa and for way too long.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by shotster50(m): 6:54am On Jul 09, 2009
Griffin said "I didn't say anyone should be murdered at sea - I say boats should be sunk, they can throw them a life raft and they can go back to Libya." However, doing this in the middle of the Med is presumably pretty much equivalent to murder, unless the survivors in the lifeboat happen to be (a) very lucky or (b) rescued by a passing ship. Therefore Griffin's claim that he isn't advocating murder is false.

Of course, it may just be that Griffin is extremely stupid or unimaginative, and that he genuinely believes that the survivors in the lifeboats will safely paddle their way back across hundreds of miles of sea, arriving in Tripoli in time for tea and cakes perhaps.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by Afam(m): 9:19am On Jul 09, 2009
ElRazur:

I disagree. I was born here, grew up for sometime in Nigeria and then back living here now. I am yet to experience any racism biased towards me. A lot of people may frown at this, but I have experienced more tribalism in Nigeria, than I have experienced racism here. smiley

The content in bold refers, the reason might be that you tell them that you despise being black or that you hate blacks or that you run down blacks while praising whites to high heavens just as you have been rubbishing everything about Nigeria on this forum but will be quick to insult anyone that says any negative thing about the US, UK or any predominantly white country.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by GEW: 9:28am On Jul 09, 2009
Afam:

The content in bold refers, the reason might be that you tell them that you despise being black or that you hate blacks or that you run down blacks while praising whites to high heavens just as you have been rubbishing everything about Nigeria on this forum but will be quick to insult anyone that says any negative thing about the US, UK or any predominantly white country.
the fact is he is right. you have more tribalism in naija than anyone can see racism in the UK. dont you see tribalism at work even here on NL?

as a young man i suffered discrimination from right left and centre from tribalist even right in my own state.

by the way you dont have to put any black person down to be accepted. that is a very lame defence of tribalistic nigeria. sorry
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by MrCrackles(m): 9:43am On Jul 09, 2009
shotster50:

Griffin said "I didn't say anyone should be murdered at sea - I say boats should be sunk, they can throw them a life raft and they can go back to Libya." However, doing this in the middle of the Med is presumably pretty much equivalent to murder, unless the survivors in the lifeboat happen to be (a) very lucky or (b) rescued by a passing ship. Therefore Griffin's claim that he isn't advocating murder is false.

I watched the interview again last night and didnt see any form of sensitivity in Nick Griffin. . . . . . .
Regardless of the die hard tactics employed by immigrants to encroah Europe and other parts of the developed world
Extreme measures like Nick Griffin suggested is callous and in-humane!
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by SamMilla1(m): 9:47am On Jul 09, 2009
He has just sinked his carreer.
Anyway, those are what i forsaw when i said The british and US are the real enemies.

Almost all of them think the same thing.

Just that this one cant hold it any longer.

SOBs,
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by Afam(m): 9:53am On Jul 09, 2009
GEW:

the fact is he is right. you have more tribalism in naija than anyone can see racism in the UK. dont you see tribalism at work even here on NL?

as a young man i suffered discrimination from right left and centre from tribalist even right in my own state.

by the way you dont have to put any black person down to be accepted. that is a very lame defence of tribalistic nigeria. sorry

The content in bold refers, don't you have the capacity to comprehend issues or simple statements?

Who is defending a tribalistic Nigeria? Who is comparing a tibalistic Nigeria to racism in the UK?

Must one mix everything about everything for you to understand something as simple as making reference to someone's statement?

In case you missed it completely (obviously) my comment was strictly based on the guy's comment "I am yet to experience any racism biased towards me" which was itself a simple and complete sentence.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by GEW: 9:57am On Jul 09, 2009
trust nigerians to be up in arms over nothing. is this not the same policy the tribalist politicians in africa have with their ethnic policies and cleansing? so it is good to have the mind set but dont say it?
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by JustGood(m): 10:04am On Jul 09, 2009
ok, so Nigeria is a tribalistic nation. . . dont we all say it openly?
Britain is also a racist nation whether we admit it or not. It can also be declared openly. The fact that Nigeria is tribalistic does not eradicate the inherent racism of Great Britain.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by JustGood(m): 10:06am On Jul 09, 2009
To be honest, any black man who has lived in the UK for any length of time and says he's never experienced racism has to either be lying or constantly having to lick white a*ses. . . even licking their backsides does not mean you wont face the occasional racist acts.

That really beggars belief.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by JustGood(m): 10:08am On Jul 09, 2009
Go and talk to any politician and they'll tell you that the people of Britain dont like to see coloured faces on the streets of Britain. The politicians are the ones who speak to these people at their front doors and they hear what they have to say. Even if my friends try not to act racist towards me, I know deep within me that there are some of them who complain about black people when there's no black man around.

Why do you think that every election campaign is hotly debated along immigration lines?
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by JustGood(m): 10:10am On Jul 09, 2009
I think that Nick Griffin is likely to get even more votes at the general election. He may not win anything more but he's likely to win more votes as more and more Brits start to feel more comfortable in expressing their dislike of foreign looking people.

Most people know that Nick Griffin is scum but he connects with what many British people seem to desire - get rid of black and non- European faces.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by SamMilla1(m): 10:13am On Jul 09, 2009
Being tribalistic is different from the topic here.

The British conquered and colonised America before their Independence.
They colonized  

NIGERIA
Ghana
South Africa Of Yesterday,

The Big India,

Hong kong and even Iran,

So why would a govt official utter those words, To sink Immigrant boats.
I can feel tears coming to my head now but if you have lived long enough in Europe
You will know that this people called Caucasians are the most wicked of all races.
That man should be hanged.

Imagine here in Holland,
A man campaigning for the repatriation of Africans and seizure of their red Passports just won the election.
And Shell are sending more deleagates to the Niger-delta to extract oil and pollute waters.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by ElRazur: 10:36am On Jul 09, 2009
JustGood:

To be honest, any black man who has lived in the UK for any length of time and says he's never experienced racism has to either be lying or constantly having to lick white a*ses. . . even licking their backsides does not mean you wont face the occasional racist acts.

That really beggars belief.

So you are telling me that as a black man, it is a birth right for me to experience racism? shocked Is it hard for a few people here to understand that one can live their life here without some experiencing the same event like some? No?

Afam:

The key word here is "might". Dude let us not move the goal post shall we. This is about me not experiencing racism towards me. Until I do, I am sticking to my statement. smiley
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by FBS: 11:16am On Jul 09, 2009
JustGood:

Go and talk to any politician and they'll tell you that the people of Britain dont like to see coloured faces on the streets of Britain. The politicians are the ones who speak to these people at their front doors and they hear what they have to say. Even if my friends try not to act racist towards me, I know deep within me that there are some of them who complain about black people when there's no black man around.

Why do you think that every election campaign is hotly debated along immigration lines?
This is exactly my point. This sort of sentiment is growing across Europe and most of those voicing such statement can't actually differentiate their left from right.
Go to thesun.co.uk forum website and you will be amazed as to how deep these sorts of negative feelings are.

Nigeria is tribalistic (and no one is saying that it is good) but what do you expect when you pack people of different culture,understanding, background and reasoning ability into one room simply because they have the same skin color. You are certainly looking for trouble.

If a politician can utter such a statement on TV then you should know that there is fire on the mountain.

If a Brit is telling you that he will gladly move to Australia because the Britain he knew no longer exist because of foreigners then you should understand the underlying statement, i.e " He hates foreigners."
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by SamMilla1(m): 11:20am On Jul 09, 2009
ElRazur:

So you are telling me that as a black man, it is a birth right for me to experience racism? shocked Is it hard for a few people here to understand that one can live their life here without some experiencing the same event like some? No?

The key word here is "might". Dude let us not move the goal post shall we. This is about me not experiencing racism towards me. Until I do, I am sticking to my statement. smiley

Yes, as a black man, it is absolutely your birth right to experience racism in The UK.
Start Making sense. Its still morning.
Havent you entered a bus before and a white person shifted or even moved away from the seat?
Or do you ignore those little acts?
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by Ilelobola: 11:37am On Jul 09, 2009
It’s hard to imagine a black person in the UK who’s never experienced racism even subtly like being bypassed for a promotion though everyone initially agreed you are the natural replacement for your manager or being selected unjustly for redundancy etc or someone making some ridiculous comment about non-whites. I wouldn’t normally call anyone in my team at work racist but I’m finding it’s inherent in some, my director is recruiting internally for a new position here and several times they refer to an Asian applicant (not to his face of course) as the dark skinned guy, don’t know why he has to be described by the colour of his skin when the whites are referred to by name.

Also, there are a group of Africans (about 6) who sometimes get together to have lunch at work and several times I have heard white people comment on why they all get together to have lunch. This includes someone saying, “ X (being a black woman in their team) is having lunch with her bunch again”. If a group of 10 whites have lunch together, no one would say a word. Obviously not every white person is racist but like they say in Nig, “Shine your eyes.”

Brits are incredibly diplomatic which is how they are taught from school. Recently my 6 year old niece saw a baby and she was all over the baby saying how cute it was etc. However, when we left, she asked if I really thought the baby was cute as she didn’t really think so but had to say that so the mom would not be upset. I was shocked but it’s just the Brit in her as her Nigerian side would probably not have commented about baby’s cuteness. My point is they will never say it openly so you are not offended. If that’s a good thing or not is debatable.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by JustGood(m): 2:10pm On Jul 09, 2009
ElRazur:

It sure is your birthright.

The claim that you have NEVER experienced racism in Britain sends something straight to my mind - you are either not being truthful or you are the type who doesn't know when negative things happen to you.

Whichever way, it's a signal of being in denial. Except if you tell me you have never ventured outside of your Nigerian circle of friends and family for any reason.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by Moves: 2:15pm On Jul 09, 2009
It is quite posible for Elrazur not to have experienced racism, if u live & work in a predominately black area or migrant area the chances of you experiencing racism is slim, Also sometimes we tend to term people's action (whites) to be racially motivated when in actual fact it is just a dislike, based on the actual individual and with no bearing to their race, Case in point, have the manager at work, could bet my house that the guy is racist cos of his action and the manner in which he deals with non natives, until last week at our summer party , saw the dude's family, he is married to a ghanian lady with 3 lovely kids, So understandably it is easy to point at racism whereas there could be other underlying issues that give raise to people action towards us which may have no racial bearing,
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by JustGood(m): 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2009
Moves:

It is quite posible for Elrazur not to have experienced racism, if u live & work in a predominately black area or migrant area the chances of you experiencing racism is slim, Also sometimes we tend to term people's action (whites) to be racially motivated when in actual fact it is just a dislike, based on the actual individual and with no bearing to their race, Case in point, have the manager at work, could bet my house that the guy is racist cos of his action and the manner in which he deals with non natives, until last week at our summer party , saw the dude's family, he is married to a ghanian lady with 3 lovely kids, So understandably it is easy to point at racism whereas there could be other underlying issues that give raise to people action towards us which may have no racial bearing,

You have a good point. However, being married to a black person does not preclude a white man/woman from being racist and vice versa.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by ElRazur: 2:30pm On Jul 09, 2009
JustGood:

It sure is your birthright.

The claim that you have NEVER experienced racism in Britain sends something straight to my mind - you are either not being truthful or you are the type who doesn't know when negative things happen to you.

Whichever way, it's a signal of being in denial. Except if you tell me you have never ventured outside of your Nigerian circle of friends and family for any reason.

No it is not my birth right to experience racism.

I am yet to experience. I know racism when I see one. . . Or are you saying you actually know me more than I do? shocked

You know from how you think, it is easy to see how you could develop a "victim syndrome" and "a persecution complex". . . Nice logic. How did you do it?

Oh now you are making assumptions? How nice.

Here, get some education, get a good qualification, get some decent experience, be ambitious, plan your life. . . .  Just may be, just may be you would see beyond this bogey white man trying to be racist against you.

Moves:

I work in a predominantly white place.

I just feel some of these posters in this thread have a complex of some kind. A few would have been denied Visa back in naija and as such the Brits automatically become racist etc. It is scary if in almost 2010 people have this sort of mentality.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by strangleyo: 2:41pm On Jul 09, 2009
FBS:

Agreed they are corrupt but ask yourself, where do they take this money to? First bank or swiss bank?
One thing you fail to understand is this Africa has the European sytem and culture abruptly imposed on them but no developed infrastructure to accomodate them. Asian countires like China and Japan had developed a similarily organized society so it was much easier for them to adapt and compete with the Western world. You have to take these things into consideration. Europeans and east asians have reached the point they are at, over the course of centuries. It was a gradual process. You can't force a system down someone's throat and expect them to adapt completely overnight.
Physical, emotional, intellectual errosion took place in Africa and for way too long.

The Japanese became powerful by emulating the best (and most effective) aspects of Europeans.

Perhaps we Africans need to stop being so stubborn and accept that just because we've been doing something for 1000 years, doesn't necessarily mean its right.

Much of our culture is obsolete, but don't let me say that, I'll be branded a "self-hater".  Our political system is in shambles because of our culture. We cling to the old village tribe mentality, we don't question the big boss for fear of being ostracized by society. When was the last time a politician (from both parties) truly slammed Yar'Adua's pathetic policy making, even though many know what he is doing is wrong.

How many times do we have "Northern Committee" "Southern Committee" formed over irrelevant issues that concern big men, false contracts and kickbacks, how many times have Nigerians branded around a cause simply based on tribal or regional affiliation with no connection to one's well-being, and how many times have Nigerians done something about these politics, or cultural diarrhea? Never, we sit there bobbing our heads like stupid peasants, "yes big man", "yes big boss".
We’re even afraid to tell the Housa man that he can’t have Sharia law, we’re too scared to send the riot police to quell his violent behavour because of fear of upsetting some big men. We give Amnesty to violent militias because we find they are connected to big men, big chief, these slime ball crooks, while all in all the value of a civilian is none. Can’t blame the white man here, I tell you. Cannot blame the white man. Even India is making massive progress.
Failed State!
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by Beaf: 2:44pm On Jul 09, 2009
@ElRazur. Your statements are reckless and dangerous.

You have'nt experienced racism in the UK? Hmmmm. Even my kids have, lets leave that aside.
You almost seem to be defending the bnp. . . Horror!

If you think they are "better" than the kkk look up "Combat 18", its links to bnp and of course the links between Combat 18 and nick griffin.
Along the way, also find out deeper things about Millwall football club.

NOTE: Don't use the wikipedia article on Combat 18
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by Moves: 2:45pm On Jul 09, 2009
JustGood:

You have a good point. However, being married to a black person does not preclude a white man/woman from being racist and vice versa.
Agreed but I now look at his actions in a different light as oppose to previous, The bastard is still a bastard.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by Moves: 2:52pm On Jul 09, 2009
ElRazur:

I just feel some of these posters in this thread have a complex of some kind. A few would have been denied Visa back in naija and as such the Brits automatically become racist etc. It is scary if in almost 2010 people have this sort of mentality.
I would say am happy for you, am sincerely hope you dont, Moreover, you haven't argued that racism doesn't exist in ur community, or that racism in not sometimes glaring even though in a subtle way in the UK, and since i dont know you personally I cannot say much on you personally having experienced racism as what is deemed racist action by Mr A may be deemed an action borne out of personal dislike by Mr B
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by ElRazur: 3:02pm On Jul 09, 2009
Beaf:

@ElRazur. Your statements are reckless and dangerous.

You have'nt experienced racism in the UK? Hmmmm. Even my kids have, lets leave that aside.
You almost seem to be defending the bnp. . . Horror!

If you think they are "better" than the kkk look up "Combat 18", its links to bnp and of course the links between Combat 18 and nick griffin.
Along the way, also find out deeper things about Millwall football club.

NOTE: Don't use the wikipedia article on Combat 18

Which ones?

I am yet to experience racism on a personal level in the UK. . . How clear do you want me to make that?

I am not defending BNP, go back and read my comments and in the context it was made.

I am aware of NF, combat 18 and a few of those.

Moves:

I would say am happy for you, am sincerely hope you dont, Moreover, you haven't argued that racism doesn't exist in ur community, or that racism in not sometimes glaring even though in a subtle way in the UK, and since i dont know you personally I cannot say much on you personally having experienced racism as what is deemed racist action by Mr A may be deemed an action borne out of personal dislike by Mr B

Thank you. At least someone sees my point.

I haven't stated racism do not occur in the UK, I dunno if you missed it but I have stated in the first page that racism do occur. It is part and parcel of human behaviour.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by naijaway(m): 3:07pm On Jul 09, 2009
I don't mean to inflame anyone and I condemn any act of hate speeches. It is so funny reading through this thread and try not to implicate Nigeria into this. Nigeria a nation made of majority blacks probably more than 93% blacks (1 race) now over critizing a country made up of mostly whites maybe from my guesstimation 65% and the rest other races. We are critizing a very very diverse population with more peaceful forged understandings of themselves than a population with 1 race and very suspicious of themselves; Now who's fault is that? Am not here to point hands and give excuses because circumstances are meant to happen and in everyones lives you live to defy circumstances that want to reshape you positively or negatively.
 I don't know what is going on in british public that much but if they have to do what they have to do to reshape their circumstance and future then thats them and hopefully Nigeria and Africa will also do what we have to do which we should have been dedicated to way back as a principle. To me we have no excuse as to why we shouldn't get along because it is the same Africa that uses a single broom and a whole broom analogy to describe unity. If there's too much suspicion of one another among ourselves then who else is going to see us with a respectful meaning except on a one on one conversation.  If every oyibo sticks to their villages than the country as a whole, I wonder if there was even going to be this kind of topic because it would have been so normal.
 I no fit go on and on eventho many things to say like we all kno dey my fingertip. I no fit shout. We all know what is best for us.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by JustGood(m): 3:26pm On Jul 09, 2009
ElRazur:

No it is not my birth right to experience racism.

I am yet to experience. I know racism when I see one. . . Or are you saying you actually know me more than I do? shocked

You know from how you think, it is easy to see how you could develop a "victim syndrome" and "a persecution complex". . . Nice logic. How did you do it?

Oh now you are making assumptions? How nice.

Here, get some education, get a good qualification, get some decent experience, be ambitious, plan your life. . . .  Just may be, just may be you would see beyond this bogey white man trying to be racist against you.

Thanks for reminding me that I am uneducated. I'll try and get educated. . . oh I almost forgot: I dont really wanna be a professor. Perhaps one of my children will do that. I'll tell my first son what you said. . . he might take it on board and get educated.

I dont care that the white man may be racist towards me. I dont even care that you would rather be the cleaner of his trainers than try to be a human being who should have the rights to stand up the same way he stands up. So, I may not need any further education to see what you want me to see. Actually, I'd rather not see what you see. I'd rather see myself as a human being just like any other.

I have also never had the need to apply for a British visa in my life. Interestingly enough, I have even had to apply for Nigerian visas.

Go back and listen to your predominantly white colleagues. You are probably better off the way you are: never (experiencing) knowing racism otherwise, you may have lost your job?

Please enjoy yourself in the comfort of your mind telling you that there is no racism.

Bye
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by ElRazur: 3:36pm On Jul 09, 2009
Clearly I can see why you keep missing the point. There is racism - I haven't said there isnt one - However I am yet to experience on a personal level. How hard is that to comprehend?

Even after explaining this several times, you still opt to miss the point.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by FBS: 6:59am On Jul 10, 2009
[color=#990000][/color]
strangleyo:

The Japanese became powerful by emulating the best (and most effective) aspects of Europeans.

Perhaps we Africans need to stop being so stubborn and accept that just because we've been doing something for 1000 years, doesn't necessarily mean its right.

Much of our culture is obsolete, but don't let me say that, I'll be branded a "self-hater". Our political system is in shambles because of our culture. We cling to the old village tribe mentality, we don't question the big boss for fear of being ostracized by society. When was the last time a politician (from both parties) truly slammed Yar'Adua's pathetic policy making, even though many know what he is doing is wrong.

How many times do we have "Northern Committee" "Southern Committee" formed over irrelevant issues that concern big men, false contracts and kickbacks, how many times have Nigerians branded around a cause simply based on tribal or regional affiliation with no connection to one's well-being, and how many times have Nigerians done something about these politics, or cultural diarrhea? Never, we sit there bobbing our heads like stupid peasants, "yes big man", "yes big boss".
We’re even afraid to tell the Housa man that he can’t have Sharia law, we’re too scared to send the riot police to quell his violent behavour because of fear of upsetting some big men. We give Amnesty to violent militias because we find they are connected to big men, big chief, these slime ball crooks, while all in all the value of a civilian is none. Can’t blame the white man here, I tell you. Cannot blame the white man. Even India is making massive progress.
Failed State!
You are obviously missing the point. No one has said Nigeria is doing well. It is a failed state no doubt and like I always say, Nigeria is an experiment that was never meant to be-All thanks to the British. But really, that is not the topic here.
Kickbacks, big chief syndrome exist in every bloody country. Don't get it twisted man.
And if I'm not mistaking there are sharia courts in the UK, No?
Why is it easy for Nigerians to slay their own country and praise (or find excuses for) other countries when it is even obvious some of the countries are plain wrong?
Japan like you mentioned already had a similar (European) system in place and all they had to do was update it and bang Perfecto!.
Africans are not like that and to impose a different mentality on human beings and expect them to quickly adapt? It will take centuries if not more.
Europeans are to take part of the blame in Africa but certainly that will not move the continent forward. We ourselves damn need to take things in our own hands. Question is who will?
Now back to the topic, the comment that racist made is a growing sentiment in Europe.
How do they expect to impose a culture and lifestyle on people of another continent and then expect them to remain there?
If you give a kid tom-tom and he liked it, next time he sees you he will expect another one and if you don't give him, he will go buy himself straight from the Aboki. I don't know if you see the analogy?

@Elrazor, don't get it twisted man, not everyone has to apply for a British visa. The issue here is that the comment that idiot made is dangerous. A politician would never have made that if he doesn't have the backing of someone or some people (not the minority as you think). Thank your stars that you have never experienced racism but there is absolutely no need to equate it to tribalism in Nigeria. These are definitely different issues. Don't play god.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Final Year University Female Student Dies In Hotel Room / Pictures: Nuhu Ribadu Having A Good Time With His Cattles On His Farm / BREAKING: Obasanjo Bombs Jonathan Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.