Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin (2788 Views)

Drug Baron Can’t Be My Party Leader – Obasanjo To PDP / PDP Must Win EDO State-bamangar Tukur(pdp National Party Chairman) / Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by ElRazur: 9:44am On Jul 10, 2009

@Elrazor, don't get it twisted man, not everyone has to apply for a British visa. The issue here is that the comment that idiot made is dangerous. A politician would never have made that if he doesn't have the backing of someone or some people (not the minority as you think). Thank your stars that you have never experienced racism but there is absolutely no need to equate it to tribalism in Nigeria. These are definitely different issues. Don't play god.

Say what? Please explain to me how I have got it twisted. And for crying out loud, what does this have to do with a British passport? undecided

His comments are dangerous, however you are forgetting this is a society where freedom of expression is pushed to the boundaries and to the very limits. Nick Grififin do not have the support of the majority like you think. His statement was a gaffe - I.e he dug his own grave live on tv. People knows they are a racist parties and the comment he made live on tv proved that, he would pay the price in the coming elections. Mark my words.

How am I playing God? What are you talking about? undecided
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by debosky(m): 9:49am On Jul 10, 2009
This conversation has derailed.

Nick Griffin gives his personal opinion on immigrant boats which alienates him further from the mainstream and you're complaining?

People who supported him would read this and see that the party really hasn't 'changed' as it wants to appear and support will dwindle. Many people considering support will realise how extremist these views are and will vote against them, so in a way it's good to get him to admit these thoughts.

Besides, Nick Griffin is not even relevant to the immigrant boat palaver in the first place - the UK doesn't experience the influx of immigrants by boats from Africa.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by FBS: 11:54am On Jul 10, 2009
debosky:

This conversation has derailed.

Nick Griffin gives his personal opinion on immigrant boats which alienates him further from the mainstream and you're complaining?

People who supported him would read this and see that the party really hasn't 'changed' as it wants to appear and support will dwindle. Many people considering support will realise how extremist these views are and will vote against them, so in a way it's good to get him to admit these thoughts.

Besides, Nick Griffin is not even relevant to the immigrant boat palaver in the first place - the UK doesn't experience the influx of immigrants by boats from Africa.
First things first. It was you who cried about folks calling Britain a racist country simply because they were denied visa. It beats me as to why you are making a surprised face.
Secondly you insulted another poster. . .Like he has no education. What was the need for the insult?
Again, let me remind you that this was the very way that shizzic nazi started and everyone called him a bluff. Need I remind you what he got the whole world into? Funny enough he still got followers till this very day.
Pri.ck Griffin is sick, agreed but believe it that there are lots of sick people like him.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by ElRazur: 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2009
Fbs learn to quote properly, your post was meant to be directed at me not debo. You can take that as another insult if you want.

Please refer back to my post you are talking about and actually understand the context in which the conversation have taken place.

It is not uncommon to hear people who have been denied visa back home to label the British as racist etc. Fact.

It is also a well known phenomenon that people who haven't done well in life tend to blame others - this can manifest in blaming immigrants - hence why I mentioned a good education and good career path can go a long way.

Before we lose the discussion again Nick Griffin have no say or impact on the issue of immigration, he is a nobody and hence only represent the never do well and people who see the need to blame others for their failure.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by FBS: 3:00pm On Jul 10, 2009
Elrazur, you are still missing the point and why ain't I suprised? grin
You enjoy throwing insults without even grasping the scenario at hand. Like I told you earlier stop playing god.

Back to the topic and according to you

1. Pri.ck griffin is a nobody.
2. The Britain is not a racist country or at least you are yet to experience it.
3. Tribalism is equal to Racism.

Ding ding!! glad to tell you that you are in total self denial. Go have a check up.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by ElRazur: 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2009
Here we go again. . . I really think you should go back and read the post again. It sucks when you clearly do not have the understanding of the very post you want to take on.

Nick Griffin is a nobody. His party is in the minority. . . Very tiny minority if I may add. On the grand scale of British and European politics he is a non mover and cannot have any impact whatsoever on the momentum. Therefore, I repeat he is a nobody. If you disagree please state your reason, after all this is a debate isn't?

Britain is not a racist counrtry like some of you are trying to paint. There is a rich mix of a multicultural society here and it is fact one of the things people proud themselves on here.

The action of a few do not represnt the majority. But it appears in this case this logic defys you and those making such claims. There are racist element, this I have made mention several times, but does it make this place racist? Simple common sense and logic would suggest no.

I am yet to experience this rife racism like some have claimed here on a personal level. I guess am lucky, or maybe I live my life without looking for elements to blame, or could it be I really knowhat racism is but am yet to experience. . .? You know, I would think it is all those reasons.

Tribalism is discrimnation on the basis of not coming from the same geographical location, but within same race of or from a particluar place. That is my understanding you see. The similarities with racism is that it is still based on discrimation just because of differeences in where people come from. This tend to happen when race is involved. If you really cannot see the similarities or how they compare, then may I suggest you read up a little?

Here let me go on the offensive: explain to me why britain is a racist country like you are painting. . . Provide proper proof would be ideal here, not just hear say and what not.

Explain why you think racism and tribalism ain't similar? Even though the basis of it all is human discrimination based on several factors?

This would be so interesting **rub palms together in glee**
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by ElRazur: 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2009
I guess this is the very racist UK that FBS and people who think like him are talking about?

Two men have been jailed after becoming the first in the UK to be convicted of inciting racial hatred online.

Simon Sheppard, 51, of Selby in North Yorkshire, received four years and 10 months, and Stephen Whittle, 42, of Preston, two years and four months.

The men printed leaflets and controlled websites featuring racist material.

They fled to the US after being convicted of race-hate offences at a trial at Leeds Crown Court last year, but failed in an asylum bid.

Sheppard, of Brook Street, Selby, was found guilty of 11 offences and Whittle, of Avenham Lane, Preston, was found guilty of five offences at a trial in July last year.

Sheppard was convicted of a further five charges in January 2009.

However, before the jury in the first trial could return verdicts, both men fled to Los Angeles International airport and attempted to claim political asylum.

Their bid was thrown out by a US immigration judge.

The men were charged with publishing and distributing racially inflammatory material, and possessing racially inflammatory material with a view to distribution.

Leeds Crown Court was told Whittle wrote offensive articles that were then published on the internet by Sheppard.

The published material included images of murdered Jews alongside cartoons and articles ridiculing ethnic groups.

Judge Rodney Grant told the men their material was "abusive and insulting" and had the potential to cause "grave social harm".

He added: "Such offences as these have, by their very nature, the potential to cause grave social harm, particularly in a society such as ours which has, for a number of years now, been multi-racial.

'Groundbreaking case'

"These are serious offences. I can say without any hesitation that I have rarely seen, or had to read or consider, material which is so abusive and insulting, towards racial groups within our own society."

The investigation into Sheppard began when a complaint about a leaflet, called "Tales of the Holohoax", was reported to police in 2004 after it was pushed through the door of a synagogue in Blackpool.

It was traced back to a post office box in Hull registered to Sheppard.

Humberside Police later found a website featuring racially inflammatory material.

The force's Adil Khan, head of diversity and community cohesion, said: "This case is groundbreaking.

"It involved Humberside Police along with our colleagues from other forces.

"Inciting racial hatred is a crime and one which seems to occur too regularly. This kind of material will not be tolerated as this lengthy investigation shows."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/8144366.stm

Oh my God. UK is like, you know, so totally racist.

I love the internet. grin
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by JustGood(m): 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2009
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8144361.stm

This company should have stayed in the UK rather than perpetrating corruption in Africa and beyond.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by JustGood(m): 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2009
I thought that post would be rejected as usual
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by redsun(m): 5:06pm On Jul 10, 2009
Yes,they fight against terrorism yet terrorist parties are legitimately registered participate in so-called civil elections.Whiteman con.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by ElRazur: 5:13pm On Jul 10, 2009
redsun:

Yes,they fight against terrorism yet terrorist parties are legitimately registered participate in so-called civil elections.Whiteman con.

Please point at this "terrorist parties" you speak off.

JustGood:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8144361.stm

This company should have stayed in the UK rather than perpetrating corruption in Africa and beyond.

While that have nothing to do with the debate at hand. Nice. It at least shows people are now debating with nothing but pure emotions and prejudice. In the same place that you got that news link, you appeared to have missed this one [See below]. The one that at least is more relevant to the issue at hand.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/8144366.stm
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by JustGood(m): 5:18pm On Jul 10, 2009
I already said BYE to you on this issue.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by ElRazur: 5:23pm On Jul 10, 2009
JustGood:

I already said BYE to you on this issue.

Translation: I have been outed as someone who debate with emotion and never objective.

Do I need to remind you that this is a public forum? Everything you posted is opened to scrutiny and questioning. If you do not like it, tough.

You missed the relevant item, only to post a non-relevant one to the issue at hand. How very objective, logical and fair of you. smiley
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by redsun(m): 12:04pm On Jul 11, 2009
If u know the meaning of terrorism, u should know that british national party is  a terrorist party.They preach hate,violence and annihilation of other races that are not white.

How do u think nazism stated off?just like what is going on now. Backwardness.
Re: Sink Immigrants' Boats-british National Party Leader Nick Griffin by minc: 7:06pm On Jun 08, 2010
I was following the last UK election, mainstream british press called the BNP thugs in suits. And I dont remember them winning any seat. If british press could call the BNP thugs in suits, I dont think we nigerians should bother ourselves with them. They are simply inconsequential.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man's Hand Chopped Off Over #100 PHCN Bill - See Picture / President Goodluck Jonathan Of Nigeria Appoints 25 Career Ambassadors / Riot Breaks Out In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.