Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office (32822 Views)

Buhari Appionts Ben Akabueze As Budget Office DG / Buhari Slights Senate President Saraki,Dogara In Protocol Gaffe At Budget / Buhari Orders Mass Retirement Of Permanent Secretaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by juman(m): 12:02pm On Feb 18, 2016
APC is just confused empty barrel.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by fweshkid10(m): 12:03pm On Feb 18, 2016
Diz z sooooo annoying....we re educated 4 all diz jigi-jaga
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Eluwilussit(m): 12:17pm On Feb 18, 2016
peacengine:

Are you trying to say the ministers were not aware of the final figures in the budget or that the president did not go through it?

It is never a good idea to argue with an idiiot. You will never win. Leave him to his foolish ways.

How can anyone in his right sense defend PMB in this case? He signed and presented this same poo with fanfare in the upper and lower houses, only to turn around and blame the civil servants. So btw him and his team, nobody read through a document worth well over #6 trillion naira? Hahaha. We thought Jona was clueless and reckless: Nigerians make una come see d real meaning of cluelessness.

PMB had no plan from the beginning. He was just rambling, like the charlatan he is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2016
Super1Star:

So you expect a President to go through 1,000 of pages? Whaoooo.

He will only look at the summarized version of the entire budget while the Minister will look at the summarized version of the Budget for his ministry.

in nigeria the head of state(president) or the governor(for the state) prepares the budget wit the help of the ministry of finance or ministry of budget and planning b4 it is debated by the national assembly bt am sure Buhari can't prepare a budget and even with the help of the ministry of budget and planning he still couldn't understand wat the figures for each sector of the economy meant and all he did was 2 pen his signature and run 2 d senate for approval. Dis government is full of incompetent leaders.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Nathe11: 12:48pm On Feb 18, 2016
Godiloveu:

U do d wrong thing, u get sacked!
Yes o...God help us all..
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by sddiamond: 1:32pm On Feb 18, 2016
Super1Star:

So you expect a President to go through 1,000 of pages? Whaoooo.

He will only look at the summarized version of the entire budget while the Minister will look at the summarized version of the Budget for his ministry.

I just confirm that even buhari is more educated than you. you're just big disgrace to your family
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by ocelot2006(m): 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2016
HopeAlive14:
I hope the President is not sacking to save face.

The painful thing are the innocent workers who will fall victim in this exercise.

this whole budget mess clearly insicated that team PMB are either way more corrupt OR they're GROSSLY incompetent. it may even be both Overall, the mass sacking is all about saving face and passing the blame.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Teddeebear: 1:48pm On Feb 18, 2016
Iroh88:
Seems Baba reads my comments on the forum. Good for them. There needs to be a massive purge in the system if Baba has any plans to succeed.

Most of the remnant Goats of the last admin are still yet to recalibrate their appetites back to their natural forms- eating grass- but still insist on eating our precious Yams.

Getting rid of them is a task that must be carried out for us to move ahead without the baggage of too many saboteurs.
shame

a matured and educated man like you talking like a kid.

common grow up

common sense is not common anyway
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 18, 2016
sddiamond:

I just confirm that even buhari is more educated than you. you're just big disgrace to your family
his confuse
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Iroh88(m): 2:10pm On Feb 18, 2016
Teddeebear:
shame

a matured and educated man like you talking like a kid.

common grow up

common sense is not common anyway
I can testify to that grandpa. Common sense isn't common AT ALL. wink cheesy
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Jarus(m): 3:59pm On Feb 18, 2016
peacengine:

It is interesting how we expect so little from our president. If he cannot cross check 1000 pages of a document as serious as our national budget then why is he occupying that sit? This is a very serious issue here. Even from the summarized version did he not notice the part where money was allocated for rent payment in Aso rock?

1, Even as an MD of an average company, you don't hve the time to look at every single line item in your company's budget. Just the departmental headline figures. Not to talk of National Budget.

2, The Aso Rock rent expense cannot be on summary. It is tucked somewhere in the details.

I'm not exonerating PMB (he's still the president and must take blame), only eexplaining how these things work.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Irishrena1(f): 4:17pm On Feb 18, 2016
Wait o did Bu.bu not approve the budget before presenting it? Why he no resign? Every other person but himself should take the fall. Way to go old man....talk about the qualities of a good leader. Blame shifting.

Every blame game has been a hit back to back.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by MrGerald(m): 5:19pm On Feb 18, 2016
Super1Star:

Must you comment if you do not know a process.

All over the world, civil servants prepare the budget for the public servants and not the other way round. The public servants ie the political class can only teleguide them on what the thinking and policy of the govt is.
In Nigeria the presidency can alter everything, in fact the President knew about it
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Vongsama(m): 8:14pm On Feb 18, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
sack everyone and work with an angelic people like me, that is d dream of a sincere and honest man like buhari

Only you is angelic PEOPLE. Ok clap for urselves.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 18, 2016
these sacking are cover up!

2016 Budget: Auditor-General disagrees with Buhari On February 18, 20167:53 pmIn News by adekunleComments 13Shares13 By Henry Umoru & Joseph Erunke ABUJA – CONTRARY to claim by President Muhammadu Buhari that the 2016 budget was zero based, the Auditor- General of the Federation, AGF, Samuel Ukura, Thursday, said it was envelop driven. Ukura insisted that the template adopted for details of the N6.08trillion 2016 budget estimates was an enveloped based budgeting and not zero based as earlier declared by the President. Speaking before the Senate Committee on Public Accounts, at the budget defence session of his office, Ukura said though the earlier intension of the present government was to adopt zero based budgeting as a template, but realities on ground, later forced it to adopt the usual enveloped based budgeting. He disclosed that even the N2.9billion budget estimates of his office for this year , was not arrived at by them through zero budgeting but handed over to them as an envelope by the Ministry of Finance.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/2016-budget-auditor-general-disagrees-with-buhari/
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by psquaret: 11:17pm On Feb 18, 2016
Iroh88:
Hmmm. Retrain and give whom what second chance In such a second coming, they would not only kill the budget, they'd kill the country as well.

They've served their pockets country with pride, honesty and dignity. Let them go home and get some much needed rest.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by MrALIVE: 11:48pm On Feb 18, 2016
NextGovernor:
From my understanding, you signed the budget b4 presenting. Does that means you or any of the Presidential team didn't take a proper look at the budget b4 you presented it to NASS? After stealing the budget for some weeks, you didn't see all those blunders too? Keep deceiving yourselves.

They will always channel the blame to someone but this time not GEJ.
chai! Still missing GEJ? Sorry he is gone for good
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by afrika(f): 9:46am On Feb 19, 2016
This man is a clown. Did he not read d budget before signing? No review

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by janco: 10:05am On Feb 19, 2016
Demallcrazy:
Thumbs up Sai Baba cool

How can thumbs up be for a man that failed to have strong control over his staffing.
Its rather disappointing that the Aso staffs are also not going home for puting so much money in the Aso Rock clinic.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by mickey45: 10:04pm On Feb 20, 2016
dearpreye:

Very clear and concise submissions. Governance is serious business and only the mentally alert and intelligent should be allowed to go near such an exalted office.

My guy, the President can NEVER be exonerated of any wrong doing as long as thus budget issue is concerned; there's NO way anyone can paint the picture.

My guy, at least the summaries would have carried the total figures for each item.

Didn't he find it weird that so much for budgeted for the Presidency alone? Didn't he find it usual that the Agriculture ministry has less allocations than that of Information? Haba.

It's either PMB is gravely complicit in this fraud OR he never even read a line from the budget before appending his signature and subsequently presenting it to the National Assembly.

"For every action there's always an equal and opposite reaction" I thought it only worked with physics.
For every blunder, they'll always noisily come up with one harebrained excuse or the other.

If it was GEJ, they'd drum or eyes deaf with "he's a drunkard" .
I wonder what we'll ascribe to PmB.
Just let them "kontinu!"
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by mickey45: 10:06pm On Feb 20, 2016
dearpreye:

Very clear and concise submissions. Governance is serious business and only the mentally alert and intelligent should be allowed to go near such an exalted office.

My guy, the President can NEVER be exonerated of any wrong doing as long as thus budget issue is concerned; there's NO way anyone can paint the picture.

My guy, at least the summaries would have carried the total figures for each item.

Didn't he find it weird that so much for budgeted for the Presidency alone? Didn't he find it usual that the Agriculture ministry has less allocations than that of Information? Haba.

It's either PMB is gravely complicit in this fraud OR he never even read a line from the budget before appending his signature and subsequently presenting it to the National Assembly.

"For every action there's always an equal and opposite reaction" I thought it only worked with physics.
For every blunder, they'll always noisily come up with one harebrained excuse or the other.

If it was GEJ, they'd drum or ears deaf with "he's a drunkard" .
I wonder what we'll ascribe to PmB.
Just let them "kontinu!"
At least falling oil price isn't a factor we can blame here.
Have you seen lai mohammed's excuse for that shambolic document?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Samaila Inusa: Army Offers N1Million Reward For Information On Kidnapped Colonel / Agharase Arase Handsover To Asma idris / Woman And Boy Killed In APC Presidential Rally In Sokoto State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.