Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,313 members, 7,815,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office (32832 Views)

Buhari Appionts Ben Akabueze As Budget Office DG / Buhari Slights Senate President Saraki,Dogara In Protocol Gaffe At Budget / Buhari Orders Mass Retirement Of Permanent Secretaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by 3moses: 7:52am On Feb 18, 2016
peacengine:

Are you trying to say the ministers were not aware of the final figures in the budget or that the president did not go through it?
yes...the ministers were not aware of the changes in their various figures...their budget figures were inflated and redirected within.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Azeebi(m): 7:52am On Feb 18, 2016
What about his political associates who couldn't do their work on cross-checking? How did he go about presenting a budget he had not studied?
This news is simply part of the propaganda.
Alibi.............
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by francizy(m): 7:52am On Feb 18, 2016
freshvine:
If budget is not the making of a President and his Ministers which one are the ministers defending at the National Assembly?

Thieves looking for scapegoats. God will punish you all for depriving families in the budget office of their family income.

May God bastardize your life with numerous blessings and may you never lack.. Peace be upon you oh wise one! cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by makabulchi(m): 7:52am On Feb 18, 2016
Iroh88:
Seems Baba reads my comments on the forum. Good for them. There needs to be a massive purge in the system if Baba has any plans to succeed.

Most of the remnant Goats of the last admin are still yet to recalibrate their appetites back to their natural forms- eating grass- but still insist on eating our precious Yams.

Getting rid of them is a task that must be carried out for us to move ahead without the baggage of too many saboteurs.
Pawns,d big fish is untouchable even d president knows ds.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by hush15: 7:54am On Feb 18, 2016
Iroh88:
Seems Baba reads my comments on the forum. Good for them. There needs to be a massive purge in the system if Baba has any plans to succeed.

Most of the remnant Goats of the last admin are still yet to recalibrate their appetites back to their natural forms- eating grass- but still insist on eating our precious Yams.

Getting rid of them is a task that must be carried out for us to move ahead without the baggage of too many saboteurs.

I don't understand why Nigerians see foolishness on the loose and they celebrate it. What do they mean by budget mafia?

Na everything they get mafia and cabals abi it is the ineptitude ness of the federal executive that is been stupidly displayed.

So where body odour fails, the way forward is to start sacking abi. This man is just heaping more curses and by the time he sacks all Nigerians out of work, I wonder who is going to vote for him in 2019.

It still amazes me that this government doesn't understand governance at all. Responsibility is an essential quality of leadership. Where leaders keep blaming others for their own gross incompetence, then I wonder how the country will move forward.

When ministries prepare their budgets and the various supervising ministers can't perform due diligence but rather blame his staffs for ganging up against him, that minister never ready work be that o.

Sacking and sacking is not the solution. Those of you sayin weldone, you just adding to the economic hardship because this ones won't employ you. Ordinary budget they engaging the service of consultants and foreign ones for that matter. Why won't there be discrepancies when you are asking the consultants to do civil servant jobs. You didn't sack or probe the consultants, you sacking your workforce.

Na wa o and some shallow minded people will still see this as a good direction

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Jesusloveyou: 7:54am On Feb 18, 2016
peacengine:
Innocent civil servants loosing jobs for a budget that was planned, prepared, and passed by the President and his ministers
is d duty of d civil servant to say no to president, d same way they encourage ur ineffectual buffoon to be deadly corrupt over d years,
Be a good citizen, #saynotocorruption as a civil servant

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by ashjay001(m): 7:55am On Feb 18, 2016
lielbree:

The president him self is also to resign. And credit should be given to the NASS cos it was only when the budget got to them that all these defects became open

That's check n balances! Yet, a minister should be sacrificed any which way! Haven't heard from Udoma in a while! With all his jumping up and down, his's been shown to be incompetent!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 18, 2016
Yeye people
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by adanny01(m): 7:57am On Feb 18, 2016
peacengine:
Innocent civil servants loosing jobs for a budget that was planned, prepared, and passed by the President and his ministers

Are you that dumb? How can the President and ministers draft budget. What will them be the use of the budget department in every ministry.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by francizy(m): 7:57am On Feb 18, 2016
ovadozes:
Let me ask this pertinent questions
1. Is the budget office responsible for the preparation of the budgets of ministries, departments and agencies?
2. Did the budget office stop vthe ministers from going through the budget before presenting the budget to the president?
3. Did the budget office also stop the president from going through the budget before final presentation to the senate?
4. what is the work of the budget office?
In a sane environment, all the ministers should have voluntarily resigned or fired by the preisdent because of gross incompetence and the president should officially withdraw the budget and tender an unreserved apology to the citzens for this insult and slap on the face.

lielbree:

The president him self is also to resign. And credit should be given to the NASS cos it was only when the budget got to them that all these defects became open

dearpreye:

Please stop excusing gross incompetence.

Even if he couldn't skim through the entire budget, what of the fraudulent and insensitive allocations made for the Presidency alone? PMB is just as guilty.

Words on marble!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by funkyibodude(m): 7:57am On Feb 18, 2016
An incompetent workman blames his tools grin grin grin.. Let Pmb keep sacking until he's left with no workforce. What a joke of a government.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 18, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
is d duty of d civil servant to say no to president, d same way they encourage ur ineffectual buffoon to be deadly corrupt over d years,
Be a good citizen, #saynotocorruption as a civil servant

Francizy, please come and read. What a people.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 7:58am On Feb 18, 2016
Why won't he, ain't he baba go slow and steady no more?
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by lielbree: 8:00am On Feb 18, 2016
ashjay001:

That's check n balances! Yet, a minister should be sacrificed any which way! Haven't heard from Udoma in a while! With all his jumping up and down, his's been shown to be incompetent!
So has Mr president!
At such a pivotal time in Nigeria history we need leaders to get it right! No second chances. We can't afford that.
This is a man who promised us heaven n earth. Why didn't he ensure something as sensitive as the budget is without any format of defect? Buhari is not ready to rule!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by kawkab: 8:00am On Feb 18, 2016
It is amazing how so many of us expect so little from our president. It is pertinent we look at it from these angles;

1. If the President cannot go through the entire budget, his Ministers should have at least properly scrutinize the budget for their individual ministries.
2. Each minister has special advisers and personal assistants that work with them; at least these persons should have assisted the ministers in reviewing the budgets for their ministries and agencies.
3. If the President cannot review the entire budget at least he should review that of the Presidency. There are several staff and aids in the Presidency that can assist him if he cannot do it himself.
4. When the budget was presented to the National Assembly several high ranking members of the APC shouted that it is the budget of change and that it would lead to the transformation of the country. Please kindly use google to confirm this. I can provide references if you want.
4. By appending his signature and seal to the budget, it a tacit way of support and approving its content. This is a principle in leadership and management. If you append your signature to a document or instrument, it means you are in support of the content of the document and as such you are culpable if any issues arises.
5. We could all recall that the same budget was withdrawn or missing at a point. The President withdrew it through a letter and resubmitted it. What was the essence of the withdrawal and resubmission. At the point it was withdrawn was it proper for the APC led government to have taken a second look at the budget.
6. The saddest part is that, it is the same budget that is been debated at the national assembly.
7. I wish our country well.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by francizy(m): 8:01am On Feb 18, 2016
dearpreye:

Francizy, please come and read. What a people.

Muhahahahahahahahahaha! Am highly perplexed and at the same time disappointed that you find such comment surprising. Coming from that moniker, I don't expect any better bro. cheesy grin
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Iroh88(m): 8:02am On Feb 18, 2016
makabulchi:

Pawns,d big fish is untouchable even d president knows ds.
The DG of the Budget office appointed just months ago has been sacked can you tell me who else your "big fish" is
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 18, 2016
ovadozes:
Let me ask this pertinent questions
1. Is the budget office responsible for the preparation of the budgets of ministries, departments and agencies?
2. Did the budget office stop vthe ministers from going through the budget before presenting the budget to the president?
3. Did the budget office also stop the president from going through the budget before final presentation to the senate?
4. what is the work of the budget office?
In a sane environment, all the ministers should have voluntarily resigned or fired by the preisdent because of gross incompetence and the president should officially withdraw the budget and tender an unreserved apology to the citzens for this insult and slap on the face.

what exactly do you think the job of the budget office is? why do we have so many people employed in the budget office? When you employ a driver and you tell him you are traveling from Lagos to Ibadan, half way through the journey petrol finishes or the engine knocks because there was no engine oil in the engine, won't you sack the driver, is it your job to check engine Oil when you have a driver? you will because although you own the car you have employed the driver and part of his responsibilities is to make sure the car is fit for the journey including checking the engine oil and petrol. The driver is a professional so are the people in the budget office, the job of the budget office is to go through and vet all the submissions and prepare the budget for approval, they have been caught in their game. Plus there is a heirachy and they would have signed off on it. Everybody along the chain trusts that people below them have done the jobs they are paid to do, that's the way the system works. If people do their jobs and people are honest, t is not Buhari or any minister's job to go through a budget and say why are you buying 100 computers here, why are you buying 100 a/cs there, the job of a president and minister is to provide policy direction and this is how much we have to spend, it is the role of the civil servants to come up with the expenditure plan (budget) and if they are fraudulent prople like most are, then you get scandals like these. The biggest obstacle to development we have is the civil service crooks, theyve been doing this for decades. So please leave Buhari and Ministers out of it, I'm sure over the course of the next four years they will make their own blunders and you can chastise them for those.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 18, 2016
francizy:

Muhahahahahahahahahaha! Am highly perplexed and at the same time disappointed that you find such comment surprising. Coming from that moniker, I don't expect any better bro. cheesy grin

Seriously,I didn't find it surprised, but depressed. There's more hope in the devil than in that folk. Please read his comment again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by francizy(m): 8:04am On Feb 18, 2016
kawkab:
It is amazing how so many of us expect so little from our president. It is pertinent we look at it from these angles;

1. If the President cannot go through the entire budget, his Ministers should have at least properly scrutinize the budget for their individual ministries.
2. Each minister has special advisers and personal assistants that work with them; at least these persons should have assisted the ministers in reviewing the budgets for their ministries and agencies.
3. If the President cannot review the entire budget at least he should review that of the Presidency. There are several staff and aids in the Presidency that can assist him if he cannot do it himself.
4. When the budget was presented to the National Assembly several high ranking members of the APC shouted that it is the budget of change and that it would lead to the transformation of the country. Please kindly use google to confirm this. I can provide references if you want.
4. By appending his signature and seal to the budget, it a tacit way of support and approving its content. This is a principle in leadership and management. If you append your signature to a document or instrument, it means you are in support of the content of the document and as such you are culpable if any issues arises.
5. We could all recall that the same budget was withdrawn or missing at a point. The President withdrew it through a letter and resubmitted it. What was the essence of the withdrawal and resubmission. At the point it was withdrawn was it proper for the APC led government to have taken a second look at the budget.
6. The saddest part is that, it is the same budget that is been debated at the national assembly.

If your kind/type were only 10 in the APC fanatics club, then by now, Nigeria would have been experiencing positive change...
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by odogwueast: 8:05am On Feb 18, 2016
Where two elephant fight its the ground that surfers it these people dose not know what will are passing through in this country

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by hush15: 8:07am On Feb 18, 2016
3moses:
yes...the ministers were not aware of the changes in their various figures...their budget figures were inflated and redirected within.

How can a minister says he is not aware of the figure changes. We seem to forget how this started. When the budget was presented to the floor of the assembly, just one copy. They had done due checks. Did senator ita enang started going to the civil service one by one to get another copy or he got it from the presidency? Cos that is where all the budget drama started from.

So how were the figures alter within the time president submitted and the time the Nass was delibrate and pass the budget.

Once the president gets the copy, the senate only acts on the presidents copy and not any other from even the budget office. So where are saboteurs coming from? The budget office reports to the the supervising minister and the presidency. What were they doing the even if agreed that they altered the figures, how could they have not seen it....

This government is confused. It's obvious they lack managerial experience. Buhari, after gunning for the presidency 4 times and this is what he brings to the table....

It's sad
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Caseless: 8:07am On Feb 18, 2016
peacengine:
really?
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by lielbree: 8:07am On Feb 18, 2016
Super1Star:

So you expect a President to go through 1,000 of pages? Whaoooo.

He will only look at the summarized version of the entire budget while the Minister will look at the summarized version of the Budget for his ministry.

YES I DO!!! WHEN IT COMES TO SOMETHING AS SENSETIVE AS THE NATIONS BUDGET! WHAT DO U THINK IS THE JOB OF MR PRESIDENT??
YOU THINK IT'S TO TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD ON TAX PAYERS MONEY WITH NOTHING TO SHOW? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by francizy(m): 8:07am On Feb 18, 2016
dearpreye:

Seriously,I didn't find it surprising, but depressing. There's more hope in the devil than in that folk. Please read his comment again.

I read it bro. By the way, I said it before the elections and still maintain that even if Buhari contests against Shekau in 2019, I'd rather not vote cuz I don't see any difference between both names. That was how bad I knew the whole APC, Buhari and zombies, is/will get...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 18, 2016
kawkab:

Very clear and concise submissions. Governance is serious business and only the mentally alert and intelligent should be allowed to go near such an exalted office.

My guy, the President can NEVER be exonerated of any wrong doing as long as thus budget issue is concerned; there's NO way anyone can paint the picture.

My guy, at least the summaries would have carried the total figures for each item.

Didn't he find it weird that so much for budgeted for the Presidency alone? Didn't he find it usual that the Agriculture ministry has less allocations than that of Information? Haba.

It's either PMB is gravely complicit in this fraud OR he never even read a line from the budget before appending his signature and subsequently presenting it to the National Assembly.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by mbahfrankuc(m): 8:11am On Feb 18, 2016
I have not heard DAT money remain in any of d budget from one govt to anoda ,alwayz channel money on Education,Agriculture, bla bla etc,no return of money,may God Punish Devil
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 18, 2016
peacengine:

It is interesting how we expect so little from our president. If he cannot cross check 1000 pages of a document as serious as our national budget then why is he occupying that sit? This is a very serious issue here. Even from the summarized version did he not notice the part where money was allocated for rent payment in Aso rock?
Oga i dont think you have ever worked in a public office before if you did then you would understand better... in the ministry where i work,thing that government have already subsidized people still pay fully for it, a director will submit a staff list and the ghost workers would be more than staff,during recruitment,thats when u know perm sec is sole propietor,he employs his kids,wife,father,mother just anybody when know person....lemme tell u what happened at that budget office,due to the TSA that came into force last year,the perm secs and directors could no longer 'chop' the remainder of yearly budgets(yams)as usual,so they came up with a plan,two budgets where actually created,the one buhari submitted which the mafia withdrew and subtituted with their own budget. Thank God that everyone us now scared of efcc,on a normal day before,they senate would have passed this budget cos they wud have been sorted by this mafia clique,that is the norm in public service trust me,but due to the same TSA where unspent monies revert back to FG,there is nothing to sort oga senator and member with agai. Theat is why u see them scrutinizing and trying to disgrace the ministers just cos they didnt get 10%....Change has truely come to Nigeria
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by jahsharon: 8:16am On Feb 18, 2016
peacengine:

You are very dumb, these thieves that are about to be sacked were all brought in by the ineffectual buffon from Otuoke. They have been inflating budgets since the regime of the drunk fisherman from Otuoke but Nigerians never heard about it because inflating budget is normal to our PhD holder ex-president after all "stealing is not corruption". Now, a new Sherif is in town and Stealing is now corruption and can lead to long jail term.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Jumpovame: 8:16am On Feb 18, 2016
Baba too should be sacked for negligence.The ministers also are incompetent.Were they not opportuned to go through before appending their signatures & passing it to the national assembly?They are all guilty & should all pay for the fault.Haba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Chukazu: 8:17am On Feb 18, 2016
peacengine:

I wonder when he is going to sack the supervising minister... but him no get liver!
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by sunday2012(m): 8:17am On Feb 18, 2016
peacengine:
pls stop contributing to issues that call for political inclined learned nigerian. Do you know what is happening at all?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Botswana Police Ranked Africa's Best, Nigeria At Bottom Of Global Report / Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man / Tinubu, Obasanjo Meet At Uzodimma's Swearing-In Ceremony (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.