Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office (32821 Views)

Buhari Appionts Ben Akabueze As Budget Office DG / Buhari Slights Senate President Saraki,Dogara In Protocol Gaffe At Budget / Buhari Orders Mass Retirement Of Permanent Secretaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by HAH: 8:17am On Feb 18, 2016
NextGovernor:
From my understanding, you signed the budget b4 presenting. Does that means you or any of the Presidential team didn't take a proper look at the budget b4 you presented it to NASS? After stealing the budget for some weeks, you didn't see all those blunders too? Keep deceiving yourselves.

They will always channel the blame to someone but this time not GEJ.

Budget presented is actually a bill sent to NASS it. Is signed into law after it passage by the president so the president has not signed it as it is it is just a proposal, it becomes law when passed

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 18, 2016
Jumpovame:
Baba too should be sacked for negligence.The ministers also are incompetent.Were they not opportuned to go through before appending their signatures & passing it to the national assembly?They are all guilty & should all pay for the fault.Haba.
Criminal negligence. The same angelic ministers we waited for 5 whole months to appoint? This is inexcusable.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by ddippset(m): 8:19am On Feb 18, 2016
NextGovernor:
From my understanding, you signed the budget b4 presenting. Does that means you or any of the Presidential team didn't take a proper look at the budget b4 you presented it to NASS? After stealing the budget for some weeks, you didn't see all those blunders too? Keep deceiving yourselves.

does that meanS?? My brother learn to speak proper English before you begin to criticize cluelessly.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Chukazu: 8:20am On Feb 18, 2016
Justdulla:
Oga i dont think you have ever worked in a public office before if you did then you would understand better... in the ministry where i work,thing that government have already subsidized people still pay fully for it, a director will submit a staff list and the ghost workers would be more than staff,during recruitment,thats when u know perm sec is sole propietor,he employs his kids,wife,father,mother just anybody when know person....lemme tell u what happened at that budget office,due to the TSA that came into force last year,the perm secs and directors could no longer 'chop' the remainder of yearly budgets(yams)as usual,so they came up with a plan,two budgets where actually created,the one buhari submitted which the mafia withdrew and subtituted with their own budget. Thank God that everyone us now scared of efcc,on a normal day before,they senate would have passed this budget cos they wud have been sorted by this mafia clique,that is the norm in public service trust me,but due to the same TSA where unspent monies revert back to FG,there is nothing to sort oga senator and member with agai. Theat is why u see them scrutinizing and trying to disgrace the ministers just cos they didnt get 10%....Change has truely come to Nigeria

if what you posited is true.,then there is hope
but it's still obvious the ministers didn't do enough due diligence
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 18, 2016
HAH:

Budget presented is actually a bill sent to NASS it. Is signed into law after it passage by the president so the president has not signed it as it is it is just a proposal, it becomes law when passed

Why send a criminal budget to the national assembly in the first place? Budget is more than a bill; it gives the people an idea of the direction, values, priorities, etc, of the government. It's more than just another bill sent to the national assembly.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by phlemzy: 8:21am On Feb 18, 2016
Presidency had better be reasonable by withdrawing that budget for proper review.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Jesusloveyou: 8:22am On Feb 18, 2016
hush15:

I don't understand why Nigerians see foolishness on the loose and they celebrate it. What do they mean by budget mafia?

Na everything they get mafia and cabals abi it is the ineptitude ness of the federal executive that is been stupidly displayed.

So where body odour fails, the way forward is to start sacking abi. This man is just heaping more curses and by the time he sacks all Nigerians out of work, I wonder who is going to vote for him in 2019.

It still amazes me that this government doesn't understand governance at all. Responsibility is an essential quality of leadership. Where leaders keep blaming others for their own gross incompetence, then I wonder how the country will move forward.

When ministries prepare their budgets and the various supervising ministers can't perform due diligence but rather blame his staffs for ganging up against him, that minister never ready work be that o.

Sacking and sacking is not the solution. Those of you sayin weldone, you just adding to the economic hardship because this ones won't employ you. Ordinary budget they engaging the service of consultants and foreign ones for that matter. Why won't there be discrepancies when you are asking the consultants to do civil servant jobs. You didn't sack or probe the consultants, you sacking your workforce.

Na wa o and some shallow minded people will still see this as a good direction
that is d effect of d body language, if anyone refuse to change as a result of pmb body language, such person wil be change, they is no two ways about it, d country must be change for better tomoro, change must come by force, as i said before, that if is possible to sack all d civil servant and employ an angel like me, that wil be better for ur generation to come

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by GentleOhimai(m): 8:22am On Feb 18, 2016
peacengine:
Innocent civil servants loosing jobs for a budget that was planned, prepared, and passed by the President and his ministers

I don't even know why Nigeria will move forward if at this point we still have people thinking like this. Its a big shame.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by teevodaprinz(m): 8:25am On Feb 18, 2016
Rubbish comment

peacengine:
Innocent civil servants loosing jobs for a budget that was planned, prepared, and passed by the President and his ministers
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 18, 2016
peacengine:

innocent? . Who do you think prepared the budget if not these evil servants? even in the presidency, all the president or ministers do is formulate policy as far as budget, the job of pkanning, oreparation and vetting is down to the civil servants, all the ministers do is approve based on a trust that the people doing the preparation are honest. when it is found that they are dishonest then you sack.

Buhari's mistake was not forming a cabinet on time, thinking he could work with and trust civil servants not realsing these are the biggest crooks in the land setting him up. Obviously he felt this was 32 years ago when civil servants were still professional. Ministers who just came in barely a month, many unfamiliar to the ministries, many from the private sector, cannot know the inner workings of their ministries in short space of time to know what was submitted before them was a fraud. Even the presidency is manned by civil servants.

The biggest crooks in the country are civil servants, the more of them that are sacked the better for all of us.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by ddippset(m): 8:27am On Feb 18, 2016
lookandlaff:

what exactly do you think the job of the budget office is? why do we have so many people employed in the budget office? When you employ a driver and you tell him you are traveling from Lagos to Ibadan, half way through the journey petrol finishes or the engine knocks because there was no engine oil in the engine, won't you sack the driver, is it your job to check engine Oil when you have a driver? you will because although you own the car you have employed the driver and part of his responsibilities is to make sure the car is fit for the journey including checking the engine oil and petrol. The driver is a professional so are the people in the budget office, the job of the budget office is to go through and vet all the submissions and prepare the budget for approval, they have been caught in their game. Plus there is a heirachy and they would have signed off on it. Everybody along the chain trusts that people below them have done the jobs they are paid to do, that's the way the system works. If people do their jobs and people are honest, t is not Buhari or any minister's job to go through a budget and say why are you buying 100 computers here, why are you buying 100 a/cs there, the job of a president and minister is to provide policy direction and this is how much we have to spend, it is the role of the civil servants to come up with the expenditure plan (budget) and if they are fraudulent prople like most are, then you get scandals like these. The biggest obstacle to development we have is the civil service crooks, theyve been doing this for decades. So please leave Buhari and Ministers out of it, I'm sure over the course of the next four years they will make their own blunders and you can chastise them for those.
you should know by now! Even if buhari turns Nigeria into paradise tomorrow tomorrow, there are those who still wouldn't heal from March 2015.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by just2endowed: 8:27am On Feb 18, 2016
peacengine:

Are you trying to say the ministers were not aware of the final figures in the budget or that the president did not go through it?

maybe president didn't have time but travelling up and down.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Reptyle(m): 8:28am On Feb 18, 2016
lielbree:

The president him self is also to resign. And credit should be given to the NASS cos it was only when the budget got to them that all these defects became open

Yeah...they all suddenly grew another set of eyes after it became clear to them that they would not be getting the usual "Ghana must go" bags of cash to pass the budget this time.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by teevodaprinz(m): 8:28am On Feb 18, 2016
Nonsense comment na buhari take him pass the budget after his approval?

NextGovernor:

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by rottennaija(m): 8:29am On Feb 18, 2016
peacengine:

Are you trying to say the ministers were not aware of the final figures in the budget or that the president did not go through it?

that is why you have to understand before talking. the President can only look at the surmary of the whole budget. the ministers can do more, but not that indept. that is why some of them said it wasn't the figures they prepared.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Vongsama(m): 8:30am On Feb 18, 2016
In this administration, whenever something goes wrong, it is everyone's fault but Baba. He's the only good and credible person in Nigeria. Everyone else is either incompetent, lazy, not a saint or a sabotage.
Sack everyone and work alone afterall that's the dream of a dictator.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Skipfr(m): 8:30am On Feb 18, 2016
He should wield the bug stick on those palmerworms, caterpillars and swarming locusts. Yeye people
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by rottennaija(m): 8:34am On Feb 18, 2016
ovadozes:
Let me ask this pertinent questions
1. Is the budget office responsible for the preparation of the budgets of ministries, departments and agencies?
2. Did the budget office stop vthe ministers from going through the budget before presenting the budget to the president?
3. Did the budget office also stop the president from going through the budget before final presentation to the senate?
4. what is the work of the budget office?
In a sane environment, all the ministers should have voluntarily resigned or fired by the preisdent because of gross incompetence and the president should officially withdraw the budget and tender an unreserved apology to the citzens for this insult and slap on the face.

and where would that keep us? how many months did it take him to source for ministers? how many months did it take them to prepare the budget. it's not all situations that require such actions as outline by you above. you have to look at where the real problem come from and dear with it and that is exactly what they are doing.

besides, the ministers are not complicit in it
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by baralatie(m): 8:35am On Feb 18, 2016
peacengine:
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Jesusloveyou: 8:38am On Feb 18, 2016
dearpreye:

Criminal negligence. The same angelic ministers we waited for 5 whole months to appoint? This is inexcusable.
d ministers u await for 5 months, d following week d budget was presented to meet d deadline of d last day of d year, so how can mr president read page by page to identify all inflated figures, that is why is perogative to sack all that was involve in all d ministries, department and agency,
No two ways about it, anyone that make any silly move should sack himself by resigning

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by joseph1832(m): 8:43am On Feb 18, 2016
Now this here is a man who means business. They embarrassed him with their deceitful budget, now is his time to embarrass them by sacking them.

This is what competence should be about, anybody who can't do his or her job should leave! Plain and simple.

This was one of the numerous mistake Jonathan made, leaving incompetent people to still function inside his government.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by igwegeorgiano(m): 8:43am On Feb 18, 2016
the punching has just began. president buhari should have it in ming that aside the budget office other sector of the economy has their mafians who, over the year has hold sway. the presidential punch should be xtended to them as well
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by carboblanko(m): 8:45am On Feb 18, 2016
Super1Star:

Must you comment if you do not know a process.

All over the world, civil servants prepare the budget for the public servants and not the other way round. The public servants ie the political class can only teleguide them on what the thinking and policy of the govt is.
Thanks for schooling the ignorant.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Jesusloveyou: 8:45am On Feb 18, 2016
Vongsama:
In this administration, whenever something goes wrong, it is everyone's fault but Baba. He's the only good and credible person in Nigeria. Everyone else is either incompetent, lazy, not a saint or a sabotage.
Sack everyone and work alone afterall that's the dream of a dictator.
sack everyone and work with an angelic people like me, that is d dream of a sincere and honest man like buhari

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 18, 2016
The honest truth is that inflation is a way of life in the civil service. It is common for even minor contracts to be inflated,for money to be claimed for jobs not done,etc. And the painful thing is that most critics of the mass sack do not take that into consideration. This has got to stop.

But the palaver is that in this country....the rot goes deeper.The mass sack might impress some people....but ending such corrupt practices once and for all is going to be like cleaning up the Augean stables.Perhaps we need to divert the River Styx through Nigeria for a thorough job.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by viktor01(m): 8:48am On Feb 18, 2016
Someone would have to take the blame as usual, only that it is going to be the innocent ones.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by carboblanko(m): 8:56am On Feb 18, 2016
carboblanko:
The President does not sign a draft budget. He passes it to the NASS who then scrutinize and appropriate to various sectors according to their needs. These sort of paddings did not start today. Some unscrupulous civil servants have over the years been used to this practice. The positives here is that Nigerians are now more vigilant and alert and will no longer condone rascality from some bad eggs in the system.
NextGovernpost=43023061:

The President does not sign a draft budget. He passes it to the NASS who then scrutinize and appropriate to various sectors according to their needs. These sort of paddings did start today. Some unscrupulous civil servants have over the years been used to this practice. The positives here is that Nigerians are now more vigilant and alert and will no longer condone any rascal it from some bad eggs in the system.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Jesusloveyou: 8:56am On Feb 18, 2016
dearpreye:

Francizy, please come and read. What a people.
that is why i am d right person for d job, i can tell any president to his face that i can't do his illegal wish because i can't beg to commit sin, nothing in dis world can make me commit sin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 18, 2016
If I were Buhari, I would assemble a team to go through the entire civil service and purge all those who don't deserve to be there. Those who only got their jobs because their Uncle, their kinsman, favour to a contractor etc. Then retrain those who are left and recruit new competent and professional people.
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by saintmark88(m): 8:58am On Feb 18, 2016
I am really happy because it's good to know that for a mistake as huge as this, d govt is holding someone or people accountable, they are paying for it, now thts a step in d right direction, now hu ever is going der will think well,n do d right thing, seems like d days of impunity is gone....secondly, this hate against this govt is unfair, they are not a year old, they r new to the centre, let dem mke deir mistakes, PDP was der for 16 years, wht were their achievements,.........less than one year n we r bashing them like a govt tht has gained experience n has been der for 16 years, it's unfair, lets b rational in our thinking....
Re: Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office by plaetton: 9:01am On Feb 18, 2016
peacengine:

Obtaining by false pretenses.

I think we have a name for it Nigeria ; 419.

We have seen governments come and go in this country.

Never have we seen, heard or read of a government in Nigeria or anywhere in the world, starting off on such a FRAUDULENT footing.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina / Samaila Inusa: Army Offers N1Million Reward For Information On Kidnapped Colonel / Agharase Arase Handsover To Asma idris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.