Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate (71771 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets Jet Plane Gift From Loveworld Music & Arts Group / Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by vooks: 7:04am On Mar 13, 2016
hamilton62:

Lol... I know you won't so I am not surprise speaking this FRENCH of yours.
You are incoherent and this is why I can't teach you because you are inarticulate.

Here is the point; Moses did not invent his own laws CONTRARY to God, rather he accurately communicated all laws that God gave him at the mountain to the t. Moses did not invent divorce, it was God's concession.

Look at this verse;
Matthew 8:4 (ESV)
4 And Jesus said to him, “See that you say nothing to anyone, but go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a proof to them.”

Here is the context;
Jesus has just healed a leper. Did Moses command lepers to offer gifts after they were healed?

Turn with me to Leviticus 14:1-32
In the interest of brevity, I I'll paste 1-9
[b]Leviticus 14:1-9 (ESV)
1 The Lord spoke to Moses,saying, 2 “This shall be the law of the leprous person for the day of his cleansing. He shall be brought to the priest, 3 and the priest shall go out of the camp, and the priest shall look. Then, if the case of leprous disease is healed in the leprous person, 4 the priest shall command them to take for him who is to be cleansed two live clean birds and cedarwood and scarlet yarn and hyssop. 5 And the priest shall command them to kill one of the birds in an earthenware vessel over fresh water. 6 He shall take the live bird with the cedarwood and the scarlet yarn and the hyssop, and dip them and the live bird in the blood of the bird that was killed over the fresh water. 7 And he shall sprinkle it seven times on him who is to be cleansed of the leprous disease. Then he shall pronounce him clean and shall let the living bird go into the open field. 8 And he who is to be cleansed shall wash his clothes and shave off all his hair and bathe himself in water, and he shall be clean. And after that he may come into the camp, but live outside his tent seven days. [/b]

You can see that while Jesus said 'Moses commanded', it was YHWH who actually commanded it. The instructions for cleansing of the healed Leper came from YHWH. He spoke through Moses, and Moses shared these with Israel. Similarly, Moses did not invent divorce contrary to what you have been taught. Do you think YHWH would have allowed Moses to grossly violate His Laws and mislead Israel into divorce?

'Moses said','Moses commanded','Moses is taught','Moses suffered'....all these do not in any way imply that Moses concocted rules, they are an idiom. Moses in NT means the Laws Moses received from the Lord. They were not his

PS
donnie, amidst your taunts, please take time and meditate on this
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by hamilton62(m): 8:51am On Mar 13, 2016
vooks:

You are incoherent and this is why I can't teach you because you are inarticulate.

Here is the point; Moses did not invent his own laws CONTRARY to God, rather he accurately communicated all laws that God gave him at the mountain to the t. Moses did not invent divorce, it was God's concession.

Look at this verse;
4 And Jesus said to him, “See that you say nothing to anyone, but go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a proof to them.”

Here is the context;
Jesus has just healed a leper. Did Moses command lepers to offer gifts after they were healed?

1 The Lord spoke to Moses,saying, 2 “This shall be the law of the leprous person for the day of his cleansing. He shall be brought to the priest, 3 and the priest shall go out of the camp, and the priest shall look. Then, if the case of leprous disease is healed in the leprous person, 4 the priest shall command them to take for him who is to be cleansed two live clean birds and cedarwood and scarlet yarn and hyssop. 5 And the priest shall command them to kill one of the birds in an earthenware vessel over fresh water. 6 He shall take the live bird with the cedarwood and the scarlet yarn and the hyssop, and dip them and the live bird in the blood of the bird that was killed over the fresh water. 7 And he shall sprinkle it seven times on him who is to be cleansed of the leprous disease. Then he shall pronounce him clean and shall let the living bird go into the open field. 8 And he who is to be cleansed shall wash his clothes and shave off all his hair and bathe himself in water, and he shall be clean. And after that he may come into the camp, but live outside his tent seven days. [/b]

You can see that while Jesus said 'Moses commanded', it was YHWH who actually commanded it. The instructions for cleansing of the healed Leper came from YHWH. He spoke through Moses, and Moses shared these with Israel. Similarly, Moses did not invent divorce contrary to what you have been taught. Do you think YHWH would have allowed Moses to grossly violate His Laws and mislead Israel into divorce?

'Moses said','Moses commanded','Moses is taught','Moses suffered'....all these do not in any way imply that Moses concocted rules, they are an idiom. Moses in NT means the Laws Moses received from the Lord. They were not his

PS
Lol
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by vooks: 10:17am On Mar 13, 2016
hamilton62:

Lol
What?
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by hamilton62(m): 10:29am On Mar 13, 2016
vooks:
What?
Lol
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by baralatie(m): 1:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
vooks:

Look at this verse;

Here is the context;

PS
You are saying God created divorce?
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by vooks: 3:36pm On Mar 13, 2016
baralatie:

You are saying God created divorce?
God permitted divorce
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by baralatie(m): 3:39pm On Mar 13, 2016
vooks:

God permitted divorce
You saying seperation as distinct from divorce
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by vooks: 3:44pm On Mar 13, 2016
baralatie:

You saying seperation as distinct from divorce
Where did I say that?
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by frankblinkz(m): 12:13am On Mar 14, 2016
harry41:
Its funny how some mins ago u were so sanctimonious saying reading the bible from a fone is a sin yet you are so good to call me daft? Anyway I guess u have the answer yourself
hey buddy am nt proclaiming ova righteousness hia... buh d gospel truth is dat reading Bible from a phone is highly wrong.... Muslims can't try dat.. i beliv by now u should knw how sacred a bible is... desist from using phone as Bible....Ppl nw shy away from carrying Bible to church y?.... they hv find solemn in carrying phone to replace the Holy book...May God gv us wisdom.
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by donnie(m): 12:37am On Mar 14, 2016
vooks:

God permitted divorce

Okay. For those with hearts of stone abi?

Mark 10:4-5They said, “Moses allowed a man to write a certificate of divorce and to send her away.” 5 And Jesus said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment. (ESV)
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by vooks: 7:37am On Mar 14, 2016
donnie:

Okay. For those with hearts of stone abi?

Mark 10:4-5They said, “Moses allowed a man to write a certificate of divorce and to send her away.” 5 And Jesus said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment. (ESV)
He wrote to Israel all the commandments barring the ten. What's your point? grin
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by donnie(m): 11:05am On Mar 14, 2016
vooks:

He wrote to Israel all the commandments barring the ten. What's your point? grin

What do you mean by the bolded? Pls Explain.
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by vooks: 11:33am On Mar 14, 2016
donnie:

What do you mean by the bolded? Pls Explain.
The ten were written by the finger of God

Exodus 31:18 (KJV)
And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

Exodus 32:15-16 (KJV)
And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of the testimony were in his hand: the tables were written on both their sides; on the one side and on the other were they written. 16 And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables.

Of course later they were copied into Torah

Point is 'Moses wrote' does not mean Moses invented some laws and imposed them. He wrote what he was instructed by YHWH to write, commanded what he was commanded, gave what he was given

Cc hamilton62
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by baralatie(m): 11:40am On Mar 14, 2016
vooks:

The ten were written by the finger of God

Exodus 31:18 (KJV)
And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

Exodus 32:15-16 (KJV)
And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of the testimony were in his hand: the tables were written on both their sides; on the one side and on the other were they written. 16 And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables.

Of course later they were copied into Torah

Point is 'Moses wrote' does not mean Moses invented some laws and imposed them
Did God Write divorce in THAT stone GIVEN to Moses
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by vooks: 11:41am On Mar 14, 2016
baralatie:

Did God Write divorce in THAT stone GIVEN to Moses
Away with your silly interjections. Read through the the past 3 pages before asking asinine questions

Thanks
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by baralatie(m): 11:43am On Mar 14, 2016
vooks:

Away with your silly interjections. Read through the the past 3 pages before asking asinine questions

Thanks
Your answer and response is okay!
Thank you!
Please do not be offended
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by vooks: 11:48am On Mar 14, 2016
baralatie:

Your answer and response is okay!
Thank you!
Please do not be offended
I find it waste of time answering questions ALREADY answered a few posts before. You come across as either somebody who never read the other posts, or if you did,you totally misunderstood the subject....

The question is, who between YHWH and Moses permitted divorce?

Before any further interjection from you, could you please tell us who in your opinion did
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by baralatie(m): 11:55am On Mar 14, 2016
vooks:

I find it waste of time answering questions ALREADY answered a few posts before. You come across as either somebody who never read the other posts, or if you did,you totally misunderstood the subject....

The question is, who between YHWH and Moses permitted divorce?

Before any further interjection from you, could you please tell us who in your opinion did
The issue about divorce,separation and marriage is straightforward from God end but it gets complicated when it comes to enforcing exactly what God has said.
Maybe on a more neutral thread without stepping on nerve(biblical marital issues are nervy) but one clue is a study on Paul teaching on marriage,celibacy,separation,divorce
It is a good insight!
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by vooks: 11:58am On Mar 14, 2016
baralatie:

The issue about divorce,separation and marriage is straightforward from God end but it gets complicated when it comes to enforcing exactly what God has said.
Maybe on a more neutral thread without stepping on nerve(biblical marital issues are nervy) but one clue is a study on Paul teaching on marriage,celibacy,separation,divorce
It is a good insight!

Nope, the sub-issue here is who between Moses and YHWH permitted divorce.

Once again, who in your opinion permitted divorce?
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by baralatie(m): 12:15pm On Mar 14, 2016
vooks:

Nope, the sub-issue here is who between Moses and YHWH permitted divorce.

Once again, who in your opinion permitted divorce?
Have you considered a third group-the man
He wanted divorce and not the above two

That is excluding the legitimate clause
"Thou shalt not commit adultery".that one God take im Hand write am!

Don't you love scripture
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by vooks: 12:47pm On Mar 14, 2016
baralatie:

Have you considered a third group-the man
He wanted divorce and not the above two

That is excluding the legitimate clause
"Thou shalt not commit adultery".that one God take im Hand write am!

Don't you love scripture
If man did permit divorce, Jesus would not have used those words. That's why I dismiss such notions with utter contempt
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by donnie(m): 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2016
vooks:

God permitted divorce

vooks:

And the Point I'm making is: If the commandments were for Isreal who had hearts of stone and not for Christians with circumcised hearts of flesh, why then do you insist that the divorce permission, whether of Moses, or from God to Moses, applies to the christian?
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by baralatie(m): 1:23pm On Mar 14, 2016
donnie:
@vooks
And the Point I'm making is: If the commandments were for Isreal who had hearts of stone and not for the Christians with circumcised hearts of flesh, why then do you insist that the divorce permission, whether of Moses, or from God to Moses, applies to the christian?
Divorce was cited by Christ and apostle paul
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by donnie(m): 1:33pm On Mar 14, 2016
baralatie:

Okay, it was sited and recommended by Paul and Christ for anyone who wanst happy in a marriage or who felt abandoned?
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by baralatie(m): 1:45pm On Mar 14, 2016
donnie:

Okay, it was sited and recommended by Paul and Christ for anyone who wanst happy in a marriage or who felt abandoned?
Christ teaching on adultery was explicit on adultery as basis for divorce and clear definition of what adultery entails as regards divorcees!
Paul on one hand reinterates what Christ said above but introduced es a divorce rule as regards a believer and an unbeleiver(based on his own interpretation).
But as regards divorce issues based on non adultery related cases!
Lord Jesus Help your children!

1 Like

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by donnie(m): 2:01pm On Mar 14, 2016
baralatie:

But as regards divorce issues based on non adultery related cases!
Lord Jesus Help your children!

Ok Thanks. And Amen to that prayer.
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by vooks: 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2016
donnie:

And the Point I'm making is: If the commandments were for Isreal who had hearts of stone and not for Christians with circumcised hearts of flesh, why then do you insist that the divorce permission, whether of Moses, or from God to Moses, applies to the christian?
Because Jesus spoke about divorce as well!

1. God hates divorce
2. The only ground for divorce is adultery

This means God despite hating it, He permits it under such stringent circumstances that the disciples thought they may as well not marry!

You need to stop CONFUSING concession with promotion. God permitting divorce does not mean He encourages it
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by vooks: 2:18pm On Mar 14, 2016
baralatie:

Yes it was
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by donnie(m): 9:47am On Mar 18, 2016
Meanwhile, in the life of the one whom God has sent, the miracles continue. See more pix and video from last Sunday, the first healing service of the Healing School Autumn Session in Johannesburg, SA. Miracles everywhere!! http://enterthehealingschool.org/content/content.php?i=21956

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by deborah777(f): 8:22pm On Mar 20, 2016
donnie:
Meanwhile, in the life of the one whom God has sent, the miracles continue. See more pix and video from last Sunday, the first healing service of the Healing School Autumn Session in Johannesburg, SA. Miracles everywhere!! http://enterthehealingschool.org/content/content.php?i=21956

Yes it is good...however you never know background info of those ce events....
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by deborah777(f): 8:35pm On Mar 20, 2016
donnie:

Fear God o. . . You have cooked up another one abi? shocked angry

Abi? Sorry pls speak english
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate by deborah777(f): 8:50pm On Mar 20, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Clergywoman Lands A Slap On A Lady’s Backside For Shaking It In Church (Video) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa / Apostle Suleman Gives $2,000 To Ghanaian Student Who Sowed Seed With House Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.