Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,577 members, 7,955,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:35 PM

Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? (5365 Views)

Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? / Is It Advisable To Marry A Female Your Close Friend Has Slept With?? / What Do Ladies Mean When They Say, 'I Need A God-fearing Man'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by uboma(m): 8:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
chigoizie7:
I am no gay modafvcker.
Call it African mentality, that is who we are.
Such behaviours are nasty.

As a guy, tell me u love me and am gonna punch your fvcking nose.

Learn to pass your opinion without the use of vulgar words next time.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by chigoizie7(m): 8:24pm On Feb 21, 2016
uboma:

Learn to pass your opinion without the use of vulgar words next time.

What is vulgar to u might not be a vulgar to me. (individual differences) learn to mind your business next time nigga
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 21, 2016
Yes ofcourse expecially is I need his help cheesy cheesy.

Meanwhile, a mod banned me on the 13th for a whole week accusing me of promoting a rape? I hope that's not in connection with my dp undecided undecided. It's absolutely wrong, how will a normal lady lyk me promote rape undecided. D mod no get brain to think at all.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by uboma(m): 8:34pm On Feb 21, 2016
chigoizie7:

What is vulgar to u might not be a vulgar to me. (individual differences) learn to mind your business next time nigga

You come off as a an uncultured and rude child who should be ignored henceforth.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by IZZIFLOW(m): 8:37pm On Feb 21, 2016
uboma:
The first time a close pally of mine said so to me, i was like WTF. This happened many years ago though.

My girl-friend at the time also heard it and wondered if we had turned gays. She later relaxed when she found i was straight (and still is).

But over the years i have come to see it as normal even though our African culture frowns at such show of affection to members of the same sex. I say it to a few very close male friends of mine to this day.
And i do hug my friends (males inclusive).

How about you? Do you say same or you think its abnormal? Guys and ladies, lets join in the fun.
awon ti yaa weyre ni.....love who I cant ooo
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Ifakiland(m): 9:06pm On Feb 21, 2016
uboma:
The first time a close pally of mine said so to me, i was like WTF. This happened many years ago though.

My girl-friend at the time also heard it and wondered if we had turned gays. She later relaxed when she found i was straight (and still is).

But over the years i have come to see it as normal even though our African culture frowns at such show of affection to members of the same sex. I say it to a few very close male friends of mine to this day.

How about you? Do you say same or you think its abnormal? Guys and ladies, lets join in the fun.
unless we both high on some fresh SK....y d fvck will u as a guy say u love me? u hit head for wall? abi dem no brestfeed u for babyyyyyyyyy?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 21, 2016
uboma:

I may be shy, afraid,short of words to tell male friend how much i love him but i cant never be shy, afraid, intimidate,short of words to tell him there NO TIME because there is NO TIME anyway!
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by shizzy7(f): 9:09pm On Feb 21, 2016
The sentence 'I Love You' has been misinterpreted by the 21st century youth....
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Emodeee: 9:20pm On Feb 21, 2016
Diddyydiva:
pls can you explain what you mean by iota of lesbianism ? smiley

I mean ladies can press each other's boobz, it's allowed. They are fond of doing it sef and no fuss about it.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by menacetosociety: 11:00pm On Feb 21, 2016
Gay tendencies grin
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 21, 2016
.... The word do jump outta my mouth when am really really happy... Come to think of it it's easier to tell it to guys as gurls will start having ideas at ordinary "like"... as per d hug if you are my friend boy or gal you can't escape it grin ... B4 I bcum popular #IAmNotGay lipsrsealed
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Ishilove: 11:15pm On Feb 21, 2016
uboma:

Haaaa, my uboma has gay tendencies sad shocked

Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by An0nimus: 11:29pm On Feb 21, 2016
No bruh. Can't tell no homie of mine that I love him. Not in any lifetime. Guys do hug though, mostly the type where you shake hands and drag the hands to each other chest. don't even know how to explain it.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by uboma(m): 6:24am On Feb 22, 2016
Ishilove:
Haaaa, my uboma has gay tendencies sad shocked

lol.
Haba!
Tufiakwa!
I am 100% straight.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by spankyflex(m): 6:45am On Feb 22, 2016
hehehe,funny peeps everywhere,mehn can say it to some of my close and understanding pals.it has nothing to being gay or straight.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by SkinnyDude(m): 8:03am On Feb 22, 2016
friend: i love you bro
me: much love to you....

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by uboma(m): 10:53am On Feb 22, 2016
HateU2:
Yes ofcourse expecially is I need his help cheesy cheesy.

Meanwhile, a mod banned me on the 13th for a whole week accusing me of promoting a rape? I hope that's not in connection with my dp undecided undecided. It's absolutely wrong, how will a normal lady lyk me promote rape undecided. D mod no get brain to think at all.

You are one badtt gal.

So you only say it to him when you need his help.

Hmmmm!

Oya guys, over to you.

dont always believe it when a lady says 'she loves you'.

lol...
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by uboma(m): 11:51am On Feb 22, 2016
spankyflex:
hehehe,funny peeps everywhere,mehn can say it to some of my close and understanding pals.it has nothing to being gay or straight.

thank you for sharing my point of view.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by naijathings(m): 12:37pm On Feb 22, 2016
i had to kick out a cousin of mine who always ended his calls with I LOVE YOU and the most annoying part was that he will say it like 4 times....

[size=18pt]WTF[/size]

no hugs... no long handshakes... and NO I LOVE YOU coming from a person with a dieck.. Hell NOHOMO
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by NemzySeries(m): 12:42pm On Feb 22, 2016
yes na...I dey tell ma guys say I luv dem but b4 den I dey make sure say ma escape route dey pure b4 I make ma statement discharge bkos if dem catch me ehnnnn
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by ademoladeji(m): 3:31pm On Feb 22, 2016
Kini Big deal
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Emasel(m): 6:42pm On Feb 22, 2016
Never!

I find it awkward if a guy calls me dear even.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Emasel(m): 6:43pm On Feb 22, 2016
naijathings:
i had to kick out a cousin of mine who always ended his calls with I LOVE YOU and the most annoying part was that he will say it like 4 times....

[size=18pt]WTF[/size]

no hugs... no long handshakes... and NO I LOVE YOU coming from a person with a dieck.. Hell NOHOMO

grin
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 23, 2016
He's my best friend. When we were in schl and I yam not able to attend to assignments and lectures, he will be there 4 me. All I have to do is to 'toast' him smiley
uboma:

You are one badtt gal.

So you only say it to him when you need his help.

Hmmmm!

Oya guys, over to you.

dont always believe it when a lady says 'she loves you'.

lol...
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by uboma(m): 9:48pm On Feb 23, 2016
HateU2:
He's my best friend. When we were in schl and I yam not able to attend to assignments and lectures, he will be there 4 me. All I have to do is to 'toast' him smiley

Enjoy ya sef gal.

Nothing do you!

lol
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Jazmiynne: 9:51pm On Apr 12, 2016
uboma:

What feeling would run through your head if you guy said same to his close pal who probably is many miles away?

And can you say same to your girlfriends?

Of cos I can. Although I rarely do cos I'd have to really mean it to say it. I must say though the first instances when female friends said the phrase it felt kinda strange coming from a female.

But if he goes ahead shouting "I love you" to a guy, OMG I'd know for sure he needs a hospital and fast! cheesy To make it worse, the guy is miles apart.... Whoa! shocked How weird can that get!

But really though if it's a once off thing, then there's nothing to it, something must have triggered the mushy emotions. Or it could also be a joke. But as a regular 'signature' "I love you" from a guy to a guy, mehn that sounds weird!
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 16, 2016
I have told my male buddies, I love you man, I have had it said to me too. It's not a big deal. I have also worked in the same environment as homosexüals, one of the guys currently working at the same Toyota dealership as myself is openly gay. He has never said I love you bro to myself, or any of the other guys at work.

Homosexüals tend to know another gay man when they see one, the same way heterosexual male and female are not likely to hit on a gay man or woman. As long as you're not a repressed homosexüal or lesbiań, you're not likely to get groped by one the same gender as yourself.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by uboma(m): 9:59pm On Apr 16, 2016
Jazmiynne:

Of cos I can. Although I rarely do cos I'd have to really mean it to say it. I must say though the first instances when female friends said the phrase it felt kinda strange coming from a female.

But if he goes ahead shouting "I love you" to a guy, OMG I'd know for sure he needs a hospital and fast! cheesy To make it worse, the guy is miles apart.... Whoa! shocked How weird can that get!

But really though if it's a once off thing, then there's nothing to it, something must have triggered the mushy emotions. Or it could also be a joke. But as a regular 'signature' "I love you" from a guy to a guy, mehn that sounds weird!

Just saw this Jaz.
But for real, i have said to my close pals who are far away or whom i havent seen for quite some time that i miss them, hug them and say i love you bro. And i am pure straight.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by uboma(m): 10:13pm On Apr 16, 2016
Siena:
I have told my male buddies, I love you man, I have had it said to me too. It's not a big deal. I have also worked in the same environment as homosexüals, one of the guys currently working at the same Toyota dealership as myself is openly gay. He has never said I love you bro to myself, or any of the other guys at work.

Homosexüals tend to know another gay man when they see one, the same way heterosexual male and female are not likely to hit on a gay man or woman. As long as you're not a repressed homosexüal or lesbiań, you're not likely to get groped by one the same gender as yourself.

Very true Sir.

The culture back here in Nigeria misinterprets the show of affection towards same sex, especially among males who are straight.

Personally i dont bother about what others think though...
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Jazmiynne: 10:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
uboma:

Just saw this Jaz.
But for real, i have said to my close pals who are far away or whom i havent seen for quite some time that i miss them, hug them and say i love you bro. And i am pure straight.

Proof or adonbilivit! grin
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by uboma(m): 10:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
Jazmiynne:

Proof or adonbilivit! grin

lol.
How exactly do you propose i prove my claim....?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

War Chat Between A Guy And His Ex (screenshots) / Does Sex Has Anything To Do With person's Destiny? / Young Secondary School Student Posts Nudes Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.