Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b (14308 Views)

Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others / Rickey Tarfa, Arraigned; Floods Court With 90 Sans / 32 SANs Accompany Rickey Tarfa To Court, Sues EFCC For N2.5billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by brodalikeme(m): 8:18am On Feb 22, 2016
nickxtra:
Ricky Tarfa is a shameless fool. EFCC, for ease of its investigation has the right to obtain private information of a suspect without his authority or consent. The man is just fooling himself

He didn't sue MTN for making available his call log to EFCC, but to saharareporter and other news medias.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by wiloy2k8(m): 8:18am On Feb 22, 2016
sue them ..

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by thunder74(m): 8:19am On Feb 22, 2016
nickxtra:
Ricky Tarfa is a shameless fool. EFCC, for ease of its investigation has the right to obtain private information of a suspect without his authority or consent. The man is just fooling himself
Efcc did not release the call log, Sahara reporters did.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 22, 2016
sandrajazmin:
Am i the only one that cooks rice every mon morning jst to finish sunday stew..im
Jst worried

No u are not. Concerning d rice, am interested...hope u will send some
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by pastormellanby: 8:20am On Feb 22, 2016
I know that Nigeria is a lawless society, in fact it is affecting the mindsets of our youths, that is why I always feel sorry for most of the responses from our youths, I can hardly differentiates between most of them and touts with the way and manner in which they talk they reason only in one direction on nairaland using tribal sentiment, joblessness is a disease.

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by wiloy2k8(m): 8:20am On Feb 22, 2016
apple wnt allow FBI access the phone of a serial killer .. who d Bleep is efcc without court orders and why release the info to Sahara reporters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by aftatechbiz(m): 8:20am On Feb 22, 2016
nickxtra:

But efcc has no right to release the so called information to the press.

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by wiloy2k8(m): 8:21am On Feb 22, 2016
thunder74:
Efcc did not release the call log, Sahara reporters did.
how did they get the call log

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by gretblue: 8:22am On Feb 22, 2016
May the soul of Gani Fawehinmi continue to rest in perfect peace.He's one of the upright Sans I know.He stood by the truth all his life not all these atenuje Sans flooding the court of law these days.

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by gretblue: 8:24am On Feb 22, 2016
wiloy2k8:
apple wnt allow FBI access the phone of a serial killer .. who d Bleep is efcc without court orders and why release the info to Sahara reporters
Continue to defend impunity,it will surely come to hurt you one day.

3 Likes

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by thunder74(m): 8:25am On Feb 22, 2016
adeaks:

When the allegation came out, I was expecting a robust and vigorous denial from the SAN. Only for him to come out telling us he transferred money to the judge truly but it was a 'donation' by friends. What a laughable excuse.

When did a senior advocate become a chief burial coordinator for a sitting judge? ....and even a burial of the judge's father in law for that matter. How come he knows the bank account details of the judge? undecided

They should scrutinize his call logs and bank accounts and let us know how many other burial 'donations' he has done to other judges.

By the way, I can see that he sued Femi Falana too. SAN v SAN....this man just wants to disgrace himself.
Judges are first lawyers. They can still be friends, and could still belong to the same club, play gulf, etc together. I hv many of my colleagues that are judges, prosecutors, we are still friends, though may oppose each other in court.
It becomes evil when we use such relationships and friendships to pervert justice.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by anwe: 8:27am On Feb 22, 2016
nickxtra:

No they have no right unless authorized by Law court. We are not in a banana republic, Nigeria is governed by Law and it must be followed, if not it is an abused. Privacy is privacy

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 22, 2016
nickxtra:
EFCC is suppose 2 do dat after obtaining a court order, the westerners follow due process inorder 2 apprehend a wanted person bt in Nigeria everytin dey upside down.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by goodlifehyd(m): 8:30am On Feb 22, 2016
drss:
does efcc has d right to give out private information of citizens to sahara newspapar efcc will surely go down with dis case.
was it Efcc who provided Dino's foreign Acct details to Sahara?
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 22, 2016
gretblue:

Continue to defend impunity,it will surely come to hurt you one day.
is nt abt defending a criminal Wat he did is wrong bt 2 wrongs don't make a right smiley EFCC shld hv done dat after obtaining a court order to do so.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by diasporaman(m): 8:34am On Feb 22, 2016
Wetin, Una wan kill mtn? Mtn is yet to pay the fine hammered on then by NBC now Oga charge and bail lawyer don come with his own.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by jidxin(m): 8:34am On Feb 22, 2016
nickxtra:
bros abeg shatap abeg sharrap don't say wat u don't know...that's an incursion invasion of his right no authority either in Nigeria UK US has d right to do that u need a court order and such application re made by ex parte ie without d notice of oda party ...so pls next time don't say wat u don't know
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by TheAdvocate(m): 8:36am On Feb 22, 2016
nickxtra:

Did yu read where he said that it was also without a lawful order of court? If assuming it's so, how did it land with Sahara reporters?
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by Progressive01(m): 8:37am On Feb 22, 2016
adeaks:

How will you prove that EFCC gave the information to sahara reporters? Were you there when the information was being given or exchanged. Efcc filed court papers with the information about Tarfa bribing a judge and papers filed in courts are public documents.
Free that guy, na their way for dem side- defending all past, present and future criminals is what they were born to do.

Pity one has to share a country with such a bunch of unpatriotic miscreants.

2 Likes

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by hollowpot15684(m): 8:44am On Feb 22, 2016
nickxtra:

Stay there... do you hear the story of the terrorist who got arrested and his Iphone needs to unlock for investigation??.
Iphone Inc. Refuses to unlock that phone till today cos it's against the human right law, u cannot intrude someone's privacy without their approval, weda boko haram or anybody.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by tatucci: 8:50am On Feb 22, 2016
lol... nigerian professionals sef! N5b na here? who wan giv who N5b? na so u wan turn billionaire overnight?
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 22, 2016
thunder74:

Judges are first lawyers. They can still be friends, and could still belong to the same club, play gulf, etc together. I hv many of my colleagues that are judges, prosecutors, we are still friends, though may oppose each other in court.
It becomes evil when we use such relationships and friendships to pervert justice.

Immediately your friend becomes a judge, your relationship with him has to change if you still actively appear before him. Remember justice not only has to be done, it must be seen to be done. Appearance matters.

How would you feel if you have a case before a judge and you know that Rickey Tarfa the opposing lawyer transfers money routinely into the judge's account on the basis that they are friends.

Even if there is nothing going on, I won't feel comfortable handling that case because we are human beings. It is improper for a SAN to be the one transferring money into a judge's account on behalf of 'friends'.

If I become a judge today I don't mind changing my bank accounts so that friends who hitherto had it would no longer be able to send me money anyhow. Even the Bible says flee from all appearances of evil.

4 Likes

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by initiate: 9:04am On Feb 22, 2016
drss:
does efcc has d right to give out private information of citizens to sahara newspapar efcc will surely go down with dis case.

not efcc, actually its mtn that is liable for the breach

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by blazetitov: 9:05am On Feb 22, 2016
Grandstanding!!! That is what the rogue lawyers are good at. He should tell us why he paid N225,000 into the account of a Judge for the Judge's father-in law burial. Is he the chairman of the burial committee.

Rogue SANs. The Daudas, Ozoekomes, Adokes, Aondakaas, Bayo Ojos are all examples of what a SAN is not to be.

2 Likes

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:05am On Feb 22, 2016
drss:
How much exposure you have? Go to the US, the UK and other developed coutries, the FBI, NSA, ATF, CIA, MI5, FSB, Mossad, etc have technical analysts who sit at the back of computers hacking suspects e-mails and taping into their calls. When the crimes of these people are established, they are confronted with them. At this point, the suspects, owing to their clinging to morality, own up and honourably resign, if they hold any (s)elective post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by Bobby4090: 9:06am On Feb 22, 2016
brodalikeme:

He didn't sue MTN for making available his call log to EFCC, but to saharareporter and other news medias.

Point of Correction, its wasnt MTN that made the call log available to Sahara Reporters but it was EFCC.

MTN gave the records to EFCC as demanded, EFCC then tendered it to the Court as evidience and Sahara Reporters obtained the court papers filed by EFCC and published it.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by gretblue: 9:06am On Feb 22, 2016
chinjo:

That will only happen in a country with good moral values not a country like Nigeria where a president has still not been able to produce his WAEC certificate 10 months after winning Election. #Buhariwhereisyourcertificate?
Guy you need to upgrade.Even your Hero aka stealing is not corruption is regretting asking for Buhari certificate right in his otueke constituency now.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by josite: 9:11am On Feb 22, 2016
now i know my comments are being read and studied and acted upon.

RRe: N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa by josite: 12:04pm On Feb 20
(Akainzo:Sorry to bust your bubble, the phone in your hand is your own, the money in your account is your own.
However all over the world, the transactional details in your account are the property of the bank, which is why you'd have to ask the bank for your statement and they even charge you for it.
The phone in your hand and whatever is on it is your own, however all communications with it through the Telecoms operator is the property of the operator not you. They can cut you off, stop data to you or even deny your access to use their property. You'd be free to use your phone as a camera or radio if you so wish.)

you are very wrong ,profoundly wrong.mtn will not divulge your calls and info except by a court order in lawful pursuit of investigations into a crime.quote me anywhere.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by gretblue: 9:12am On Feb 22, 2016
blazetitov:
Grandstanding!!! That is what the rogue lawyers are good at. He should tell us why he paid N225,000 into the account of a Judge for the Judge's father-in law burial. Is he the chairman of the burial committee.

Rogue SANs. The Daudas, Ozoekomes, Adokes, Aondakaas, Bayo Ojos are all examples of what a SAN is not to be.
You got it my brother.These are the example of SANs who have taken us 2 steps forward and 50 steps backward.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:13am On Feb 22, 2016
wiloy2k8:
Lie! The FBI doesn't need the permission of Apple to access any serial killer or suspect's call log. The FBI technical analysts hack into it. Go watch FBI film like Blacklist and Criminal Minds.

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by josite: 9:18am On Feb 22, 2016
odeotito:
(1.) "He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy."
Prov 29:1.

(2.) "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy."
Prov 28:13.

my broda.it is world of the almighty and it shall come to pass even in the circumstance.bless you.it is unfortunate why some will not even judge themselves before they are judged.it is arrogance,a false feeling that since you and your gang has sizeable money, you are the lord of all,even the lord over the law and the realm which is however far from the truth.the drama just get real interesting,too interesting.now the guy has shot himself in by joining a veteran "madman" that truly knows no fear as a defendant.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

John Campbell: Human Rights Abuse, Others May Work Against Nigeria Under Biden / APC Convention: Governors Split, May Revolt Against Buni Committee / Obidients: Which Path, Civility Or Toxicity? - Amaka Ogunjobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.