Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b (14313 Views)

Rickey Tarfa Withdraws N5bn Suit Against EFCC, Others / Rickey Tarfa, Arraigned; Floods Court With 90 Sans / 32 SANs Accompany Rickey Tarfa To Court, Sues EFCC For N2.5billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by josite: 9:29am On Feb 22, 2016
gretblue:

You got it my brother.These are the example of SANs who have taken us 2 steps forward and 50 steps backward.

we have gotten your REAL NAMES AND ADRESSES .kindly expect our writ of summons for 500 BILLION NAIRA DAMAGES FOR DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER.needlees to say,next time you will be careful in rolling out names in the public space.however if you remove your comment within 24 hours,we will mercifully forgive u.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by Noble11(m): 9:39am On Feb 22, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Lie! The FBI doesn't need the permission of Apple to access any serial killer or suspect's call log. The FBI technical analysts hack into it. Go watch FBI film like Blacklist and Criminal Minds.
Mmmm I see you have been watching alot of movies lately.
Better start watching news or better still watch reality shows coz too much series and movies won't do you any good..
STAY BLESSED
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by nickxtra(m): 9:46am On Feb 22, 2016
hollowpot15684:

Stay there... do you hear the story of the terrorist who got arrested and his Iphone needs to unlock for investigation??.
Iphone Inc. Refuses to unlock that phone till today cos it's against the human right law, u cannot intrude someone's privacy without their approval, weda boko haram or anybody.
A phone maker is different from a network provider who got licence issued to it by the laws of the land, to operate in the country and has to be guided by the laws of the land.

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by maasoap(m): 9:47am On Feb 22, 2016
zicoraads:

Take your childishness somewhere else!

@topic.

The EFCC has no right to access someone's call log without the express permission of a law court. And even if a court issues the directive, the telecom company has the right to challenge it.

Unfortunately, some people are unaware of their right from their left. As is evidenced from the comments on this thread.

If some of you take time to follow the news, you will be well aware of the FBI Vs. Apple case. I am sure if it were in Nigeria, the FBI would have just gone ahead to arrest the CEO of Apple or raid their offices and force their engineers to unlock the phone they have been battling to unlock.

No matter how corrupt Tarfa is, the EFCC should not jettison the rule of law because they want to please the president in his 'war on corruption.'
The guy that didn't say without permission of law court, he said without his own permission. Like he was going to give permission.
How do you know that efcc didn't obtain permission from the court of law?
Again, is it a must for telecoms to challenge such requests if the due process has been followed?
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by podosci(m): 9:48am On Feb 22, 2016
Have you heard of the NSA, CIA? The USA had the result to illegal and Immoral means to keep its citizens safe. For God's sake a lawyer bribed a judge to get a favourable judgement and we are talking about the rule of law? In the fight against terrorism, The law was set aside to allow the NSA and CIA do its job, The EFCC should take those steps also to fix this country...

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by gbishman: 9:49am On Feb 22, 2016
Does this man know what the meaning of a conflict of interest mean I this context. What he has done is purely wrong even if he was donating the money for the judges fathers burial that donation ought to be registered with the NJC's register where it would be documented.
It further goes to show you how naive and inexperienced this lawyers are and now he makes bold to sue for 5billion naira.
I think at this point the NJC needs to stand up from asses and make a stand
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by blazetitov: 9:49am On Feb 22, 2016
josite:

we have gotten your REAL NAMES AND ADRESSES .kindly expect our writ of summons for 500 BILLION NAIRA DAMAGES FOR DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER.needlees to say,next time you will be careful in rolling out names in the public space.however if you remove your comment within 24 hours,we will mercifully forgive u.

so that we can all continue to enjoy nairaland,the moderators should moderate.the lawyers just mentioned in the negative can get nairaland shut down permanently via due legal process.no one can use his or her platform to ruin hardearned reputation of others.

Shioor!!. Let me add another name; Gabriel Kolawole, just learnt he gave an injunction overruling the Supreme Court of Nigeria. Where do we go from here, when people who have cash can easily buy justice?
http://saharareporters.com/2016/02/20/federal-high-court-judge-overrules-supreme-court-grants-order-stop-sack-anambra-senators
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by nickxtra(m): 9:50am On Feb 22, 2016
TheAdvocate:

Did yu read where he said that it was also without a lawful order of court? If assuming it's so, how did it land with Sahara reporters?
By time information are obtained by security agents, Sahara Reporters as a media outfit is empowered to have access to such information
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by maasoap(m): 9:50am On Feb 22, 2016
wiloy2k8:
apple wnt allow FBI access the phone of a serial killer .. who d Bleep is efcc without court orders and why release the info to Sahara reporters
Your thought process is flawed. Based on your first sentence, you should have said, who d Bleep is Mtn? Even at that Apple Inc is not a telecom but phone maker, just like bb maker. So, your analogy is completely wrong and senseless.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by nickxtra(m): 9:54am On Feb 22, 2016
jidxin:
bros abeg shatap abeg sharrap don't say wat u don't know...that's an incursion invasion of his right no authority either in Nigeria UK US has d right to do that u need a court order and such application re made by ex parte ie without d notice of oda party ...so pls next time don't say wat u don't know
Thank God you said Ex Parte, and without the notice of other party. So, who told you that the E.F.C.C did not got an order, since they don't need to service Ex Parte on him?
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by Chukazu: 9:56am On Feb 22, 2016
how on earth can MTN give out a private conversation to EFCC?.. that is a serious human rights violations.

the same thing that APPLE is battling with FBI as regarding the San Bernardino shooter.
the guys at APPLE have refused to comply even with a court order requesting for password encryption, because they know the consequences of such is that people's privacy will be at serious risk
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:56am On Feb 22, 2016
Noble11:

Mmmm I see you have been watching alot of movies lately.
Better start watching news or better still watch reality shows coz too much series and movies won't do you any good..
STAY BLESSED
Yes or no, does the FBI hack people computer or seek permission from Apple, as you claim? If you don't know, know it now, when the FBI has intel that a serial killer is currently doing his art in his basement, it doesn't go for a search warrant. It goes straight to the basement.

Yes, I watch movies, not Nollywood, but Hollywood, where directors and producers are researchers.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by Chukazu: 9:59am On Feb 22, 2016
nickxtra:
A phone maker is different from a network provider who got licence issued to it by the laws of the land, to operate in the country and has to be guided by the laws of the land.

and you think a phone maker is not guided by similar law?
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:01am On Feb 22, 2016
maasoap:
The guy that didn't say without permission of law court, he said without his own permission. Like he was going to give permission.
How do you know that efcc didn't obtain permission from the court of law?
Again, is it a must for telecoms to challenge such requests if the due process has been followed?
Don't mind them. They talk as if Tarfa would have given the EFCC the go-ahead to access his call log.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by aolumaxi(m): 10:03am On Feb 22, 2016
nickxtra:
Ricky Tarfa is a shameless fool. EFCC, for ease of its investigation has the right to obtain private information of a suspect without his authority or consent. The man is just fooling himself
dats a lie...... there was this case I heard abt a killer and his iPhone was asked to be unlocked by the FBI which apple clearly refused....
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by maasoap(m): 10:03am On Feb 22, 2016
Chukazu:
how on earth can MTN give out a private conversation to EFCC?.. that is a serious human rights violations.

the same thing that APPLE is battling with FBI as regarding the San Bernardino shooter.
the guys at APPLE have refused to comply even with a court order requesting for password encryption, because they know the consequences of such is that people's privacy will be at serious risk
Chai! Where do all these educated illiterates come from. Apple and Mtn are not the same thing. Apple is a device maker while Mtn is a telecom. Again, telecoms are empowered to grant such requests in as much as due process is followed. You remember how the killers of Cynthia were caught? And so many other cases like that.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by Affter1: 10:04am On Feb 22, 2016
drss:
does efcc has d right to give out private information of citizens to sahara newspapar efcc will surely go down with dis case.

You are always on nairaland to defend devilish people and rogues. Dont you have shame?

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by olagamalin(m): 10:10am On Feb 22, 2016
Delay tactics to muddle up the main suit. I'm sure he knows better. ...the provisions of section 45 of 1999 constitution has provided a solid defence to such trivial and frivolous suit. Not to even pronounce on the effect of the FOI Act. .....
¤¤De minimis non curat lex

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by Totino: 10:18am On Feb 22, 2016
Flexherbal:
Lawyers know the law. They can easily find their way around it.

You get sense small…… the summary of the case would be from bar to bar (court to a joint) to sip some alcohol and make jest of EFCC's cluelessness
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by olagamalin(m): 10:21am On Feb 22, 2016
anwe:

No they have no right unless authorized by Law court. We are not in a banana republic, Nigeria is governed by Law and it must be followed, if not it is an abused. Privacy is privacy
Lol.... Your fundamental Human Rights guaranteed by the Constitution is not without exceptions. The Constitution, been the grundnorm.. ..is higher than any court pronouncements. Your right of privacy can be violated in some instances. Don't believe what they say. SECTION 45 has generously stipulated the derogations to such rights. The Freedom of Information Act is also not far behind. Contrary to your erroneous adumbrations, We are in a society of Democratic ideals.. ..and the EFCC have been playing to the rules. Let's not lose sight of the main issue.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by Akainzo(m): 10:22am On Feb 22, 2016
josite:
now i know my comments are being read and studied and acted upon.

you are very wrong ,profoundly wrong.mtn will not divulge your calls and info except by a court order in lawful pursuit of investigations into a crime.quote me anywhere.

Hmmm, that had never been in doubt, and no one alluded to it being released without a court order.
The court order is TO MTN, because they are the owner of the rights to the call records and NOT THE PERSON BEING INVESTIGATED!!!

The initial post you have been trying to say I am wrong about is reproduced below AGAIN, please read it and tell me which portion you actually have an issue with or which portion is wrong. Please read it slowly.

Akainzo:

EFCC doesn't require your consent to get details of your bank transactions from a bank, or your phone transactions from a Telecom operator. Both of these items are actually not your properties but that of the bank or telecom operator.

So once they obtain the requisite orders against the actual owners of the data, you the account holder or phone subscriber are inconsequential.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by emmjohn: 10:22am On Feb 22, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Yes or no, does the FBI hack people computer or seek permission from Apple, as you claim? If you don't know, know it now, when the FBI has intel that a serial killer is currently doing his art in his basement, it doesn't go for a search warrant. It goes straight to the basement.

Yes, I watch movies, not Nollywood, but Hollywood, where directors and producers are researchers.

Oga stop being naïve. Yes the FBI hacks but they can't tender that in court. They spy n hack to gather info and know their victims next move but not as evidence in court. Hope u know even if directors research, there's still that element of fiction in movies?
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by gretblue: 10:24am On Feb 22, 2016
josite:

What are you waiting for.Day dreamer.Your threat holds no water.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by joseph1832(m): 10:25am On Feb 22, 2016
sapientia:
Nairalanders and name calling

The first day i saw the logs.. I told my friend that he will sue. In this fight against corruption, everything must be done via due process or we stand a chance of loosing.

Media freedom have caused lay men like me to now tell a senior lawyer he knows nothing about how the law works.
"The irony of the information age is that it has given way too much credence to uninformed public opinion"

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by gretblue: 10:42am On Feb 22, 2016
josite:

Kindly go ahead with your empty threats so you can be 500 billion richer.Agent of cash and carry advocates.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:42am On Feb 22, 2016
emmjohn:

Oga stop being naïve. Yes the FBI hacks but they can't tender that in court. They spy n hack to gather info and know their victims next move but not as evidence in court. Hope u know even if directors research, there's still that element of fiction in movies?
You're the one being naive here. When the FBI taps into the call of a suspected serial killer calling a friend to come held him in disposing a butchered kid, and the FBI apprehends both making a shallow grave, what evidence would a judge be requesting for? Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by akanbiaa(m): 10:46am On Feb 22, 2016
IVORY2009:
Telecom companies in Nigeria are so useless, there should be an element of privacy whenever one makes and receive calls, this same stuff happens during the last presidential elections wen the then president Goodluck Jonathan called the present president Buhari, the call was licked out to the public by same telecom company, to the extent that almost all and sundry recorded the conversation btw both parties, this is bad....
A call recorder application was installed on PMBs Phone and the record was made public by the media team so as to forstall crisis that might emanate from followers who still felt it was GEJ that won.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by allycat: 10:59am On Feb 22, 2016
He is not suing that it was released to EFCC but to Sahara reporters and other online media
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by emmjohn: 11:08am On Feb 22, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

You're the one being naive here. When the FBI taps into the call of a suspected serial killer calling a friend to come held him in disposing a butchered kid, and the FBI apprehends both making a shallow grave, what evidence would a judge be requesting for? Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

What I am saying is the FBI or whatever cannot produce that recording in court as evidence. The evidence would be both of them there digging and the corpse. If you had read and understood my previous post, you wouldn't still be arguing here. Like someone adviced you earlier. You're watching too much movies. Watch news, documentaries and read more (Not fiction or propaganda)
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:23am On Feb 22, 2016
emmjohn:

What I am saying is the FBI or whatever cannot produce that recording in court as evidence. The evidence would be both of them there digging and the corpse. If you had read and understood my previous post, you wouldn't still be arguing here. Like someone adviced you earlier. You're watching too much movies. Watch news, documentaries and read more (Not fiction or propaganda)
Stop being naive. A serial killer is caught in the art of disposing a body and you're if the FBI can use it as an evidence?

Go read what transpired between the ATF and the Branch Davidian in Weco, Texas.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Sues Mtn, Efcc, Others For N5b by jidxin(m): 11:25am On Feb 22, 2016
nickxtra:
Thank God you said Ex Parte, and without the notice of other party. So, who told you that the E.F.C.C did not got an order, since they don't need to service Ex Parte on him?
if they did den mtn wouldnt be guilty of divulging info nd they would ve raised their defence on time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Visits Zungeru, Niger State And Inspects Area Affected By Flood / President Buhari Appoints Ezra Yakusak As New NEPC CEO / I'll Not Contest For Presidency Until 10 Million Nigerians Endorse Me – Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.