Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,476 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja (11686 Views)

Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. / Ifeanyi Uba Declares For Anambra Gubernatorial Race / Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 3:52pm On Nov 06, 2006
Odeku:

my point is if this is true about his character, how can we trust him once in the presidency he wont be importing all those CURVACEOUS BOOTYLICIOUS TANTALIZING freaky girls from America. Abacha was know for importing girls from Arabian nation. so any man wey go be president for we must be clean as a whistle

that point doesnt make any sense tongue.
So how many girls has he imported right now

your looking for clean as a whistle president undecided You sure you dont want a saint?
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 4:00pm On Nov 06, 2006
I will tell you once I go to Nigeria and go visit him state, I have my entourage with me and we going every where
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2006
I will tell you once I go to Nigeria and go visit him state, I have my entourage with me and we going every where
i see undecided
for now your ok with spreading rumors and conspiracy theories sad
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2006
well take it for what its worth, I'm not spreading rumors. any information that I have on any politician I will tell the world
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 4:43pm On Nov 06, 2006
as an aspiring politician yourself, we will surely tell the world all your dirty laundry grin
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 4:46pm On Nov 06, 2006
NA fight? ABEG I go make you minister of fiance, no tell my business oh
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 4:47pm On Nov 06, 2006
Odeku:

NA fight? ABEG I go make you minister of fiance, no tell my business oh
your even a dirty politician too. trying to bribe me shocked.
dont worry i can make it on my own without you.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by prosper(m): 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2006
TRUE DIS?
While I was in lagos two years ago.
A few friends who served in the always dready calabar said
A mad woman in cali was telling people not to liter the road that calabar is meant to be clean. grin

They also mentioned that:
"INSTEAD OF GOING TO LONDON FOR CHRISTMAS, GO TO CALABAR." cool

SOME BODY RESPOND
Cause since then I fell in love with this Duke man.
Besides I don't see those picture some one claims he/she posted. Make them public please,
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 7:02pm On Nov 06, 2006
prosper  you don  lost me with this, what are you trying to say?

nilla in Nigeria ask people it's not how smart you are or how educated you are, it's all about who you know. Connection and its every where even in this America its your NETWORKS that will get you places.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by obong(m): 10:34pm On Nov 06, 2006
that na question, why you dey vex for me now, my next door neighbour married a girl from cross River, they are in devorce court now based on allegation she had affair with the governor while in Nigeria. to make the matter interesting the lawyer represnting the wife is a good friend of mine
www.ofodulaw.com

if you want him number call me and I go introduce you to the man, make you hear 1st hand story. I don't know DUke and I hope he has good intention for my country

if this man is really your friend, you wont have his business out on the internet. basically you have informed all us that a lawyer friend of yours has revealed intimate secrets of his clients to you. your friend could be disbarred for that.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by obong(m): 10:36pm On Nov 06, 2006
http://businessdayonline.com/?c=45&a=9504

Tinapa to issue N18 billion IPO next year

•Wal-Mart eyes project Tinapa Free Trade Zone and Resort has concluded plans to raise between N16-billion and N18-billion through an initial public offer (IPO) from the capital market early next year.
BLESSING ANARO & BEN EGUZOZIE, Calabar

And Wall Mart, a global supermarket chain, has indicated interest in taking shopping space at the complex.

Sam Anani, chief executive officer of the multi-billion naira business and leisure complex in Calabar, says that Tinapa also plans to raise money from the off-shore market.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 12:53am On Nov 07, 2006
obong:

http://businessdayonline.com/?c=45&a=9504

Tinapa to issue N18 billion IPO next year

•Wal-Mart eyes project Tinapa Free Trade Zone and Resort has concluded plans to raise between N16-billion and N18-billion through an initial public offer (IPO) from the capital market early next year.
BLESSING ANARO & BEN EGUZOZIE, Calabar

And Wall Mart, a global supermarket chain, has indicated interest in taking shopping space at the complex.

Sam Anani, chief executive officer of the multi-billion naira business and leisure complex in Calabar, says that Tinapa also plans to raise money from the off-shore market.

as long as walmart does not become a monopoly thats cool.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 12:57am On Nov 07, 2006
Obong na you go tell FBI, chi people dey over think self
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by obong(m): 1:15am On Nov 07, 2006
im sensitive to it because im a lawyer in the US. it was very easy to look him up. you never know. just be careful about it. peopel get disbarred for all sorts of things

anyway these are some of the retailers coming to tinapa
http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/
http://www.southernsun.com/SSH/jsp/doDSM.jsp?vgnextoid=e7f21dcddd2a7010VgnVCM100000f08111acRCRD
http://www.numetro.co.za/
www.tsogosun.co.za
First bank,
union bank,
united bank for africa

I would like to see some nigerian brands, like Mr Biggs or something. I heard Marks and Spencer may be coming as well
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 1:17am On Nov 07, 2006
that would be cool too. Mr Biggs tantalizers I'm getting hungry
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 2:12am On Nov 07, 2006
Abeg we need native BUKA like mama Ibadan or mama OKAFOR BUKA something we can relate to, no pasturized food
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by celemel(m): 2:17am On Nov 07, 2006
UPDATE - DONALD DUKE CEREMONY NOW HOLDS AT INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE CENTER, ABUJA TODAY AT 10.00 AM

The planned declaration of Mr. Donald Duke for the Presidency now holds at the International Conference Centre, Abuja today, at 10.00 am and not the Eagle Square as was previously posted.  The official campaign website (under construction) is www.donaldduke4president.org

For those who are looking for mud to rake on DD's head, I wish them goodluck.  They must however remember that it takes a very good and focused leader to stay in power for 8 years and yet, return incorruptible.  At least, EFCC has said so.  If anyone else can boast of a record like this in Nigeria, let that person please stand up and be counted.  Surely, we have none other.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:22am On Nov 07, 2006
I Wish him all the luck in his presidential aspirations.
His track record should be able to help him gain votes in areas where he may not favor well

It is evident that he has run a state government in top condition, how well will he be able to do at the federal level?
Right now he seems like the best candidate, Kudos to him.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 2:43am On Nov 07, 2006
Jos boy are you from Plateau state?
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 2:53am On Nov 07, 2006
celemel:

[color=#000099]

For those who are looking for mud to rake on DD's head, I wish them goodluck. They must however remember that it takes a very good and focused leader to stay in power for 8 years and yet, return incorruptible. At least, EFCC has said so. If anyone else can boast of a record like this in Nigeria, let that person please stand up and be counted. Surely, we have none other.

Odeku you hear that.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:03am On Nov 07, 2006
Yes I am from JOS AREA
Why?
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 3:06am On Nov 07, 2006
for real, my whole generation was born and raised in jos

used to live in Bukuru
and gada biu
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:08am On Nov 07, 2006
Cool I miss Jos OH, so witch clubs did you used to hit
Zero-11, Sharizard, Change?

I was recently there in 2005 and i stayed in Abatoire and Sabon Barki
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by obong(m): 3:21am On Nov 07, 2006
http://www.theamazinggracefilm.com

this is a great nigeria movie that duke helped come to fruition
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:24am On Nov 07, 2006
Thanks Obong that movie looks wonderful
I will be sure to try and watch it
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by lewa(m): 4:40am On Nov 07, 2006
EFCC never said the guy was clean.They never gave him a clean bill of health for now
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 4:41am On Nov 07, 2006
Thank you Lewa I was getting ready to say the same thing
Omo boy bawo ni now
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by lewa(m): 4:52am On Nov 07, 2006
Odeku i jus de. jus be fine
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by otokx(m): 5:41am On Nov 07, 2006
I hate to say this but we nigerians are people of simple thinking. There are so many salient points raised that have been side tracked and looking back now; the handwritting on the wall is very clear. I am afraid Mr. Donald Duke is embarking on a mission he will not be able to complete, just like the tinapa project.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Ndipe(m): 6:04am On Nov 07, 2006
C'mon guys, think outside the box and quit being pessimistic. The Tinapa project has generated mostly positive reviews from the press and the mere fact that an American company, Walmart no less is interested in investing in this project speaks volumes about the plans of Duke to transform the state into a tourist attraction.

Odeku and lewa, it seems as if both of you have already made up your mind that nothing good can come out of Nigeria. It is a pity!!!
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by otokx(m): 6:13am On Nov 07, 2006
Tinapa project is still not near completion and for now its only the big multinationals that are constructing it that smile to the bank. The ordinary calabar folks have not seen any immediate return on their investment. Even in the area of job creation, how many jobs can be attributable to that project for the calabar folks eh? Someone said on this forum that calabar as at now lacks a 5 star hotel, and the fact that the Governor with all his "charisma and charm" could not attract one then e don be when one "ugility" enters the place come next year. We have gone pass the stage of oyinbo praising us. Oyinbo too they talk lie, if not why have they not come? An intent to do business is very different from actually setting up and running a business at least in Nigeria so let us stop referring to the Walmart issue; afterall vodafone abi vodacom came, saw and ran away while MTN and GLO are smilling to the bank.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by celemel(m): 7:33am On Nov 07, 2006
If you must criticize, offer an alternative viewpoint.  Armchair criticism cannot mean anything unless the critic offers an alternative viewpoint.  If Tinapa is a pipedream, at least it is a dream!  We have 36 governors in Nigeria, and only one could dream.That to me, is a big plus! Factor this in, with the very meagre resources at the disposal of this 'dreamer', you would know that it takes an extraordinary man to achieve what Duke has already achieved, for his state.  After all, he could have as well behaved like Attah, Odilli or Igbinedion, pocket the money and just walk away.  A leader has dreams, thinks up the dream, tasks his brains and projects into the future.

The arguement that Duke's Tinapa will be completed in 40 years is a mere attestation to the fact that he doesn't live only for today.  No one has accused him of using Tinapa as a front to siphon money, like Fayose did with his poultry.  The magnitude of work going on at the sight attests to the fact that the whole world believes in the viability of the project.  The awe and rapture that one is suspended into, by just looking at the picture of the sight is enough inspiration to us.  Duke has inspired confidence in the minds of the Nigerian youth.  We now know that we can do it, given the right kind of leadership.

@ Otokx
You cannot reap returns on investment that is still in its conception stage.  Nobody ever promised that Tinapa would yield returns within weeks.  You cannot as well use the 'political' construction 'giants' that we find in Nigeria today (such as Hapel) to construct the massive structure that Tinapa is.  So, I wonder what grain, the logic of your 'returns-on-investment' arguement has.  In the same vein, the famous Metropolitan Hotel that was owned by the state gov. was sold to a foreign private hotellier who is busy presently, reconstructing the place from scratch so that it is upgraded to a 5-star hotel.  Mind you, there is no true 5-star hotel in Nigeria.  You can investigate and see.  A 5-star hotel has nothing to do with the mere size of the estate or edifice.  %-star represents service; super-service, and it is not available even in Transcorp Hilton.  I bet you.

Finally, I repeat my point that EFCC gave Donald Duke and Gov. Yar'adua clean bills of health as governors who have not soiled their hands in the people's treasury respectively, of all the 36 govs.  It was in the newspapers and on TV.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lamido’s Son Detained For Fatal Accident / Father Mbaka Shows Support For Governors Ugwuanyi and Umahi / APC Speaks On Allegation Of Influencing Police Postings To Rig 2019 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.