Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad (26013 Views)

"My Sister Sold My Land In Ogun" - Deported Man Who Came Back From Abroad / Vacant / Do You Import Building Materials From Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by redcap: 7:23am On Apr 08, 2016
Mayor78:

Here is the contact 0808483141 his name is Isaac

Pls check the number,its incomplete.thx
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 10:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
redcap:

Pls check the number,its incomplete.thx

Sorry, its true. Typo.

The correct number is 0803 848 3141 Isaac
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 2:17pm On Apr 19, 2016
We are experiencing some technical delays on taking of hands on construction of this project. The proposed plan appears to need adjustments as the initial plan was drawn without site visit and the measurements given of the site was wrong. I arranged an Architect to visit the site to get correct measurements and do the needful. I would be informing soon of further developments....
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by redcap: 8:06pm On May 07, 2016
Arnoldo:
we drill with machine @5k per mtr..the survey determiner d depth..though we are at far away kwara

I need ur borehole drilling service ASAP. kindly drop your number. Thx
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Arnoldo(m): 8:22pm On May 07, 2016
redcap:

I need ur borehole drilling service ASAP. kindly drop your number. Thx
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by LondonCool(m): 11:02pm On Aug 12, 2016
Keenly following
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Isaac393l: 9:25pm On Aug 13, 2016
Arnoldo:

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by msogunro: 11:57pm On Aug 14, 2016
Mayor78:
Following cost of water at N4,000 per thousand litres of water, and considering that we would require loads through the course of this project, I reluctantly sought the services of some artisans for orthodox borehole digging. It was strange what happened during the negotiating stage as I did that directly with them without them realising where I was calling from. My cousin invited three groups from Awka, Oba, and Asaba to come and give quote. The ones from Awka were the first to arrive early morning last Friday, and after inspecting the site, I asked that he put them on phone. So we entered into negotiations.

Here is the excerpts from our negotiation;

Me: Heelo what is your name?

Negotiator: Oga na Akpan

Me: (I quickly remove my pants on fire and told him) I no be Oga, Oga's dey Abuja I dey Ihiala LGA here where I dey work for Oga's)

Negotiator: OK sorry sir

Me: You be Calabar man

Negotiator: Yes sir

I went in to settle him first to feel somewhat close to home

Me: OK, that's good because we already have a very good Calabar guy leaving and working for years for my in-law very close to the site their.

Negotiator: That's good sir!

Then try placing him in anxious mode to defend his handwork.

Me: So Na you go do the job abi you be contractor?

Negotiator: Nooo! I no be contractor, na me go do the job with some boys I go call whey we don dey work together before.

Me: OK! You don dey work for how long?

Negotiator: Oga, I don dey work for like 5 years oooh!

Me: 5years dey work for somebody or what?

Negotiator: No 5 years working for my selfoooo!

Me: So you wan tell me say you sabi work and you fit do the work well well with 5 years working experience?

Negotiator: Yes Oga I sabi work , we go do am well well, no problem, we don work many places, I show your brother pictures of our work sir.

Me: OK make I take am say you sabi and say you go do am well well for me now.

Negotiator: Yes Oga

Despite warnings the guy can't stop using Oga - artisans negotiating strategy consciously placing your status above theirs. Anyway, I continued, allowing little sigh of relief, I proceed to the main issue.

Me: You don see the place you go do the work?

Negotiator: Yes, your brother don show me the corner, its good their oga. We go do am there, no problem.

Me: OK, so how much you go take do the work?

Negotiator: Oga na N900,000 we go take do am, complete am.

Disillusioning exclamation aimed at lowering expectation following the bombshell

Me: Whaaaat!!! (loudly exclaimed) 900 whaaaat?

Negotiator: Oga na N900,000 because we go dig a, cast am and we go pay workers, rent generator, buy tipper trip of shipping, buy 50 bags cements, buy 90 pieces Y12 iron rod, pay welder to construct casting model, do the casting!

Me: Are you joking?

Negotiator: Oga Nooo!! the work too much and we go do am well well, na so we dey do am.

Me : You think say if you begin to beat me, you fit get N900,000 for borehole, you no get brother whey be government worker?

Negotiator: I get sir.

Negotiator: Him tell you say dey dem pay N900,000 in month working a Local government?

Negotiator: No sir, Oga.

Me: You think say he go save N900,000 after a year for him work?

Negotiator: I no think so Oga

Me: So why you wan make I pay you N900,000, come! how many months you go take do the job?

Negotiator: Oga months ke, - I go take gbatagbata 1month.

Me: You see am so, na one month work you wan charge me N900K whey go take me more than a year to get for where I dey work, you wan make I owe you when you finish working for me?

Negotiator: Oga Nooo!!! Oga tell me wetin you wan pay.

Me: No na you go tell me wetin you go take work for me, then I go shake if I go fit pay you when you finish as you no wan make I owe you.

Negotiator: OK Oga, make u pay N750k sir because we go buy materials, rent generator, pay workers, do am well well, I no charge you Oga.

Eeeh! the guys really came with cutlass to shop off my head. Anyway after listing the things to buy and sensing that he may not have costed them I quickly went for the jugular question,

Me: So how much is your workmanship?

Negotiator: Oga na N450 sir.

Note the double Oga, and Sir, money matter, he condescends to the last aiming for a below the belt punch for an ego junkie. Well, not me. As soon as he mentioned N450k, I knew I had him because a rough mental calculation of the material may not reach N300K. My target is to do the work within N350-400K. Then I remembered the Ijebu man Egunmogaji and his avowed negotiating skills, and we resumed;

Me: I would provide every materials and pay N50K cash in full.

Negotiator: Aaaah Oga! (the guy shout!) that one no go do am now Oga!

Me: Check am now materials too expensive and the things to buy many well well, I provide that and pay N50K.

Negotiator: Oga e no reach, make you pay N300K.

Me: N300K dey too much for one month job, would you do the job at N100K.

Negotiator: No Oga I no charge you, make you pay us N280K.

Me: Look I get friends whey dey build around the area whey still need borehole jobs, if we settle and you do the job well well I go tell them to give you the job, and since you can finish one job in one month, I have about six other people which means you are sure of being busy around here in the next six months.

Negotiator: OK Oga make you pay us N250K.

Me: Well you still dey high, just let me know your final quote, we do already invite some Hausa groups coming this morning to quote for the job and they don do work for one man not far from here in the past. Their work is good and fast. If they come give better quote we go give them the job.

Negotiator: Oga we wan do the work for you make we show you our handwork, we go do the work finally with N200K just to show you.

Me: Is that your final final?

Negotiator: Oga I go carry 4 people come work and we go do the job well make we leave am at N200 abeg.

Me: Let me talk to my cousin.

After talking to my cousin, he agreed that we give them the job as the picture they showed him was a neat job and they are the ones in the pictures.

Me: Akpan, Its OK I have decided to give you a trial. If you do the work well, you will get other works.

Negotiator: That's OK Oga but abeg when you tell your friends add something for me abeg Oga.

Me: What price?

Negotiator: Oga N350K dey good abeg.

Me: OK, do mine well first and we will see. When are you starting?

Negotiator: Today, we will continue work now and go home in the evening to bring more people and the rest of tools Oga.

Me: That sounds nice, go ahead then, my cousin will discuss mobilisation with you and the materials would be ready for you.

So finally, borehole job out at N200K. If I do that within N400K, I would be happy as a guy close to me did his with N650K, and one other did his at N750K. I would consider N400K a bargain provided the standard is quality. We will see.

shocked Simply amazing.

100 gbosa for u

3 Likes

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 3:53pm On Aug 28, 2016
Thanks thats the way to go
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by twinskenny(m): 5:02pm On Aug 28, 2016
Mayor78:
Thanks thats the way to go
nice one sir

1 Like

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2016
twinskenny:
nice one sir

Many thanks Baba
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 2:05am On Sep 18, 2016
I would soon start providing updates on this project as construction has started with some modifications, infact a change for good from original plan following wise counsel and professional help from an astute nairalander Engr. Abdulwastecx.

For their help so far in the project, may the Almighty Allah in His infinite mercy fulfill Abdul&Podosci's heart desires, as other well meaning nairalanders too numreous to mention who has provided me with info and courage in their feeds to initiate this project.
God bless you all!

Please say Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by twinskenny(m): 6:06am On Sep 18, 2016
Mayor78:
I would soon start providing updates on this project as construction has started with some modifications, infact a change for good from original plan following wise counsel and professional help from an astute nairalander Engr. Abdulwastecx.

For their help so far in the project, may the Almighty Allah in His infinite mercy fulfill Abdul&Podosci's heart desires, as other well meaning nairalanders too numreous to mention who has provided me with info and courage in their feeds to initiate this project.
God bless you all!

Please say Amen!

God will surely see you through Sir.....

You might want to consider us for the electrical..we will count it as honour

1 Like

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 9:31am On Sep 18, 2016
twinskenny:

God will surely see you through Sir.....

You might want to consider us for the electrical..we will count it as honour
Many thanks Kenny! request respectfully noted.
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by erico2k2(m): 9:40am On Sep 18, 2016
Mayor78:

My guy howfah, we need update oh, and you was lucky to buy those Y16 and Y12 back then Ooh angry angry
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 10:16am On Sep 18, 2016
erico2k2:

My guy howfah, we need update oh, and you was lucky to buy those Y16 and Y12 back then Ooh angry angry
Oboy no be small, update loading as NL contractors would say. grin grin
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by twinskenny(m): 1:34pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mayor78:

Thank you sir
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by twinskenny(m): 1:49pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mayor78:

Thank you sir God bless
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 1:56am On Sep 24, 2016
Right!
Following personal reasons and change in circumstances, their was some changes, indeed major changes to the proposed plan of a 5 bedroom duplex as per the title. While the circumstancial changes were all for good, the wise counsel and help of Abdulwastex was better, instrumental, and handy to now proceed with a plan that involves the upgrade of an existing 4bedroom all ensuit bungalow to 7bedroom with a penthouse. All for good!

Here is the plan.......
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 2:04am On Sep 24, 2016
Mayor78:
Right!
Following personal reasons and change in circumstances, their was some changes, indeed major changes to the proposed plan of a 5 bedroom duplex as per the title. While the circumstancial changes were all for good, the wise counsel and help of Abdulwastex was better, instrumental, and handy to now proceed with a plan that involves the upgrade of an existing 4bedroom all ensuit bungalow to 7bedroom with a penthouse. All for good!

Here is the plan.......
Ooops!
low memory......upload issue, will resolve and revert.
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 2:09am On Sep 24, 2016
Finally, here it is. The handwork of one and the only Abdulwastecx

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 2:17am On Sep 24, 2016
In anticipations.....

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by mufutau55(m): 2:18am On Sep 24, 2016
Mayor78:
Finally, here it is. The handwork of one and the only Abdulwastecx

Is the area marked Balcony (or may be Foyer) the "Main Entrance" and a "Waiting Room/Verandah". I am not getting it... Pardon my ignorance.
Where is the top floor plan? Nice killer 3D design o.

Hajji M.
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 2:25am On Sep 24, 2016
......and he (Abdulwastecx) came with his men

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 2:29am On Sep 24, 2016
........and it started

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by mufutau55(m): 2:31am On Sep 24, 2016
Mayor78:
......and he (Abdulwastecx) came with his men

Oh.. They are building it too... this will be real good to follow... because they are good.
And where is this?

Hajji M.
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 2:34am On Sep 24, 2016
.......He is briefing

1 Like

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 2:44am On Sep 24, 2016
The guy asked them to dig a massive 4ft by 4ft hole enough to bury the while cash I've worked for my years abroad. Kai!

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 2:53am On Sep 24, 2016
........and shallow trenches that can't even hide my excitements ( that the project has taken off at last).

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 3:10am On Sep 24, 2016
.........and layed irons some in 8 straddles (for outer walls I guess) and some in 6&4s (internal walls probably), boarded, and concretized covered all trenches, and covered, and covered till all trenches are covered with 9inches or whatever by whatever concretized logs that formed the foundation base

I'm I right?....please ask Abdulwastecx what that type of foundations are called if you care to. I dont have a clue!

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 3:19am On Sep 24, 2016
......those 16yrs old guys were bound, concrete footed, and stood up since they are now matured to start protecting and defending their mums....eeh!

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 3:25am On Sep 24, 2016
........more concreting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Construction Of Six Unit Of 2 Bedroom Flat At Lekki Ajah Lagos State. / Surulere Super Shopping Plaza On Fire / Lekan Adegbite Decries High Price Of Cement In Nigeria Despite Local Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.