Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,926 members, 7,952,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:29 PM

Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad (26901 Views)

"My Sister Sold My Land In Ogun" - Deported Man Who Came Back From Abroad / Vacant / Do You Import Building Materials From Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 6:38am On Sep 24, 2016
......and got this

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 6:40am On Sep 24, 2016
Then katakata start.....

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 6:42am On Sep 24, 2016
.......so that this chaining will be possible round the attachment

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 6:47am On Sep 24, 2016
......so more katakata......

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 6:48am On Sep 24, 2016
......You must know my feelings by now!!! embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed tongue tongue
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 6:51am On Sep 24, 2016
.......Did I forgot these.....

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 6:58am On Sep 24, 2016
Still coming......
You cant imagine the phone cards gone, latenight whatsApp messages to Abdulwastecx....the guy too no dey sleepooo!
Even when you say make you leave message for early morning whatsApp return, you will hear kpom...he responded.

He is a workaholic, very detailed and down to earth personality. Always at your service as the Project Consultant Engineer.

More updates to come as work has progressed beyond the last......

5 Likes

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by twinskenny(m): 7:37am On Sep 24, 2016
Mayor78:
Still coming......
You cant imagine the phone cards gone, latenight whatsApp messages to Abdulwastecx....the guy too no dey sleepooo!
Even when you say make you leave message for early morning whatsApp return, you will hear kpom...he responded.
He is a workaholic, very detailed and down to earth personality. Always at your service as the Project Consultant Engineer.
More updates to come as work has progressed beyond the last......

He is a good man..weve been together on a project..down to earth I must say...

Well done sir God will surely help finish this

1 Like

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Isaac393l: 10:01am On Sep 29, 2016
Mayor78:
........more concreting

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 9:15pm On Oct 01, 2016
Its got to lintel level. Certain stages of building construction requires explicit involvement of qualified professional.
Its my view that proceeding from here requires the presence of a qualified professional. I would ensure that that happens even if work will be further delayed.

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 9:24pm On Oct 01, 2016
When they are joined it makes a whole

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 9:50pm On Oct 01, 2016
Wealth transfer; It really gives joy to see that the little cash one scratches from the abundance of wealth stashed here in the Western part of the World reaches the interior villages that populate the forgotten poor.

That was why I always insist that where practicable, Abdulwastecx should use the locals from my village.

The importance of a N1,500 /day earned as a mason servant for a responsible father cannot be underestimated in the upkeep of a family especially during this period of new school term in a country where primary education is not completely free even in state schools.

Who knows if a med doctor or nurse can be raised from such wealth transfer to become my GP on retirement.

Building in the village using locals is both an investment to self and to the local community for those that shares the value of common humanity.

I pray to continue to have the means to be of value to my local community.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 9:53pm On Oct 01, 2016
Happy Independence Day to all.

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by bplenty(m): 11:39pm On Oct 01, 2016
@mayor78

Congratulations on this massive edifice you're putting up for yourself and the family. Like my people here will say. "Good on ya" you've done very well my oga just like the Calabor borehole guy kept addressing you like. God will surely finish it off amen.

1 Like

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by twinskenny(m): 6:20am On Oct 02, 2016
Mayor78:
Happy Independence Day to all.

Happy Independence sir

1 Like

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 6:11am On Oct 06, 2016
bplenty:
@mayor78

Congratulations on this massive edifice you're putting up for yourself and the family. Like my people here will say. "Good on ya" you've done very well my oga just like the Calabor borehole guy kept addressing you like. God will surely finish it off amen.
Many thanks@bplenty for the complements, we are following una footsteps to the finishing post, thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 6:28am On Oct 06, 2016
As we are gearing to deck the attachment, my mind is already on the roof as I kept contemplating whether to use long span aluminium or metcoppo since the price of stone coated has become a babyboy.

I may be lucky to stock iron rods as part of the initial materials for starting buildings but my eyes werent at the roofing end otherwise I would be smiling in one corner if I had pre-stocked the roofing sheet when price was good as price of stonecoated roofing which could have been my prefered roof has gone to the roofs.

Is there a supplier there willing to sell at a discount? Please provide your quote for an estimated 600sqm roofing. As I would equally appreciate price quotes from long span and metcoppo suppliers.
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 7:24am On Oct 06, 2016
Did anybody observe the same;
The cost of labour has remained stagnant and in some cases came down despite the so called 'dollar don add money ooo!

I think it may not be unconnected to the decline in available work due to scarcity of new building sites. If it is related to diminishing new building sites, what effect then does demand and supply have on the price of building materials that is still skyrocketing

Does it mean that relationship between demand and supply afterall has no real effect on price. That in actual fact other factor(s) determines price independent of the elementary understandings of the influences of the two variables on each other.

Mind you I'm not an economist hence marvelled by how this trivial occurences and the intertwining of demand/supply determines choices that affects our wellbeign, and here our building projects.

I wouldn't mind a slight deviation here from an informed person helping to highlight what is actually happening and how we can wither the storm materials wise. Just shocked
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Stateside: 3:58am On Oct 19, 2016
Building materials are imported. Currency fluctuations will affect the prices.

Labor is local. High cost of building materials will result in fewer available jobs.

Workers will cut their prices to be competitive.

Rather make 70% of something than 100% of nothing

Hope you understand

3 Likes

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 3:58am On Oct 23, 2016
Stateside:
Building materials are imported. Currency fluctuations will affect the prices.

Labor is local. High cost of building materials will result in fewer available jobs.

Workers will cut their prices to be competitive.

Rather make 70% of something than 100% of nothing

Hope you understand
I think it makes a lot of sense to observe reduced cost in labour. But labour is not the only building material that is local. Wood is local yet the prices have gone up irrespective of supposed low demand due to reduced projects.
How can the increase in cost of wood and other local building materials be explained in the context of demand and supply relationship?
I was thinking that low demand in the midst of steady supply of these local building materials will result in reduction in price to show that demand has effect on price, but that isn't the case. What is at play here?
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Memejem: 9:46pm On Jan 07, 2017
Any update?
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Isaac393l: 3:27pm On Jan 11, 2017
Memejem:
Any update?

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by twinskenny(m): 5:35am On Jan 13, 2017
Mayor78:

I think it makes a lot of sense to observe reduced cost in labour. But labour is not the only building material that is local. Wood is local yet the prices have gone up irrespective of supposed low demand due to reduced projects.
How can the increase in cost of wood and other local building materials be explained in the context of demand and supply relationship?
I was thinking that low demand in the midst of steady supply of these local building materials will result in reduction in price to show that demand has effect on price, but that isn't the case. What is at play here?

Happy new year sir... how is the project going?
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Nobody: 4:44am On Mar 29, 2017
Mayor78:
Wealth transfer; It really gives joy to see that the little cash one scratches from the abundance of wealth stashed here in the Western part of the World reaches the interior villages that populate the forgotten poor.

That was why I always insist that where practicable, Abdulwastecx should use the locals from my village.

The importance of a N1,500 /day earned as a mason servant for a responsible father cannot be underestimated in the upkeep of a family especially during this period of new school term in a country where primary education is not completely free even in state schools.

Who knows if a med doctor or nurse can be raised from such wealth transfer to become my GP on retirement.

Building in the village using locals is both an investment to self and to the local community for those that shares the value of common humanity.

I pray to continue to have the means to be of value to my local community.

This is a profound post and it makes absolute sense.

Bravo.

2 Likes

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Isaac393l: 10:01am On Jun 15, 2017

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 12:35am On Jul 20, 2018
We're returning soon with update on this project. Work is progressing at snail speed but progressing nonetheless to the point that we may beat the 5years projection.... shocked
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Finesing: 2:55pm On Feb 13, 2019
We're still waiting o.
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 1:15am On Mar 26, 2019
Finesing:
We're still waiting o.

Project was on hold for long due to personal economic recession, coupled with relations, and artisan lacklustre attitudes to the job whenever they realise am gone back. Notwithstanding, I have been on it albeit sluggishly and supposedly still within my 5years target. Inshallah!
Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by Mayor78: 11:27am On Sep 13, 2022
[quote author=Mayor78 post=76988293]
We still here.
This aluminium guy did great service to this window. Onitsha guys are skillful and good at what they do. They only need a window of opportunity to showcase their handwork. Help them do that.

This window was done by;
Aritex Aluminium
Ugwunwasike. Ogidi, Anambra State
Shout Out; +234 706 399 5521

Re: Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad by folmus: 10:28am On Apr 23, 2023
So what happened to this project?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hardship: Rent Defaults Soar As Landlords, Tenants Clash / Rainstorm Destroys Houses In Ilorin, Renders 2000 Residents Homeless (Photos) / Architectural Design And Build Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.