Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,384 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? (2806 Views)

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by whitelexi(m): 12:01pm On Jul 12, 2009
We have a funny situation right here and this one pass me. . .  Truth is we need some help convincing my guy that he may be making a huge mistake. There are 6 of us, for the purpose of this thread our names shall be: Lexi[myself], puffy, shaggy, mase, minches, and becks. Shaggy is engaged, but the rest of us are single and looking for something serious.

In January this yr, we bumped into this hottie at a party [here called Angel], we were wowed by her charming smile but we all thought it was impossible for her to be single and so we didnt even bother. . .  However, she bothered to get puffy's number off someone at the party who knew us. I dunno whether to say she made the worst choice of a bf from our group in the person of puffy because he is that type of dude who is just different in every way from all the others. . .  and oh, once puffy makes up his mind, nothing can change it, nothing at all.
Well, she made an approach and of course Puffy was like she can go to hell, he was not prepared for anything, but we put pressure on him saying he cant say no to her offer, for goodness sakes, this could be his wife. . .  Maybe he couldn't see it happening just yet - but that didnt mean it couldnt happen in the end. When nothing else worked, puffy came to me for advise cos he knows i'll tell him as it is - even if it hurts, and i did just that. I advised puffy to give it a try, enjoy it while it lasted - even if it didnt last too long! I asked him to feel free to say no if she demanded for anything expensive or if he thought she was being overly materialistic, and many more guy talk i gave to him sha, and at the end he decided to try her out.

Puffy and Angel hit it off like magic, suddenly Puffy was alive - he joked more, smiled more, looked like he lost some weight [obviously grin], and was more pleasing to the eyes. . .  He even yabbed us [the single ones] about how he was now semi-married and how we need to get a wife and get a life etc.
I think Angel started introducing him to everyone in her family and then to every one of her friends etc, but thats when it happened!

In March this yr, Puffy met Angel's girlfriend [here called Laura] and he went crazy. Now, to the majority of guys, Angel was miles ahead of Laura in physical beauty and in body figure, she was taller and had better curves and attributes, she has a better job and is richer, she has a better level of education and seemed better off for a man in every area, so u can imagine what was going on in all our minds when Puffy said he was gonna dump Angel for Laura.  Puffy says he never loved Angel, he only decided to play along to see if he could develop any feelings for her in the process. . .  Now he feels like God was using Angel to lead him to Laura!
Angel is distraught right now and is trying to block off any attempt to see Laura, and Laura feels Angel doesn't have a right to stop a guy from approaching her, they are about to have a go at each other too.

Something that started so nicely has gone so bad. . .  Somehow we feel bad for even asking Puffy to give angel a go in the first place. We have tried getting him to stick with Angel but he gives crazy reasons like "She's a Nigerian British Citizen and he wants Laura who's a pure Nigerian". This is a new dimension to the whole story but Angel has threatened very much and appears suicidal to me. . . 

Your thoughts are welcome, your insults should be limited as this would bring further emotion and tension to a situation that already has too much of both. I can assure u that Puffy is reading, however discreetly. Others like Laura, shaggy, mase, minches, and becks will be monitoring as guests too.

Apologies for the long length of this write-up, and many thanks for your contribution.
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by noetic2: 12:15pm On Jul 12, 2009
puffy would not be the first to be this stupid and I am sure he wont be the last. he is simply up for it cos he thinks he can easily get away with it.
unfortunately life is not like that.

and what makes him think he loves laura? its just the lust of a new crush.

No point talking sense to puffy, when the urge for lust is there the brain takes a back sit.
just watch as he destroys himself.
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by No2Atheism(m): 12:16pm On Jul 12, 2009
- madness of the highest order (considering u just said that angel is academically sound, beautiful, and financially independent) unless there is something else that the guy has discovered about her but which the general public (including you) do not really know about.

- your puff puff guy (or is it puff diddy  grin) is just sampling them nothing serious about it, although its sad to be frank.

- what i can deduce from the post is that he is just infatuated.

- I feel sorry for the angel gal cus u guys were the ones that set her up for a fall (yes i know she was also interested blah fucking blah, however the modus operandi of how relationships work is that at least the guy should originally experience a hard-on with respect to the lady in question (i.e. be originally attracted to her in all ways possible) and not that you guys are the ones that should convince him to do so). its obvious that you guys are the ones that convinced him hence his stance now that the infatuation has worn off.

- I am sorry to say but i forsee a situation whereby he's going to use u guys as his excuse for dumping the angel girl.

- Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder hence cause you guys find Laura more attractive does not mean the guy is also going to find her attractive, only a few ladies have a universal appeal to men. for example, some guys find halle berry attractive however she is just average and barely attractive as far as i am concerned.
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by whitelexi(m): 3:31pm On Jul 12, 2009
- what i can deduce from the post is that he is just infatuated.

This is wrong, he sounds like he really likes Laura. . .  He always told us his choice of a girl is one who is dark skinned and extremely slim, and judging from Puffy's physique, we all thought he was joking cos he is huge and towers at 6"5'.

- I feel sorry for the angel gal cus u guys were the ones that set her up for a fall (yes i know she was also interested blah fucking blah, however the modus operandi of how relationships work is that at least the guy should originally experience a hard-on with respect to the lady in question (i.e. be originally attracted to her in all ways possible) and not that you guys are the ones that should convince him to do so).

It is clear to all of us, that Puffy didnt like Angel one bit when she made an approach, and it makes us fell bad too because we felt at the time that given time, this relationship would work as one party was already seriously attracted.

- I am sorry to say but i forsee a situation whereby he's going to use u guys as his excuse for dumping the angel girl.

We did see a spark in Puffy's eyes [after a few meetings with Angel] that made us think this is gonna be good, but i guess he was trying really hard at that time to integrate into the whole thing but his mind was never really there.

- Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder hence cause you guys find Laura more attractive does not mean the guy is also going to find her attractive, only a few ladies have a universal appeal to men. for example, some guys find halle berry attractive however she is just average and barely attractive as far as i am concerned.

I guess u can say that again and again where Puffy is concerned, but seriously, Laura doesnt even come close to Angel in looks - that came from 5 guys with a good knowledge of female looks.
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by iice(f): 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2009
Sometimes when people are adamant, it's best to let them learn for themselves.

Still wrapping my head around the title though. . . embarassed grin
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by Pataki: 3:51pm On Jul 12, 2009
Absolute rubbish. . . . . .

Where you not the one who:
whitelexi:

I advised puffy to give it a try, enjoy it while it lasted - even if it didnt last too long! I asked him to feel free to say no if she demanded for anything expensive or if he thought she was being overly materialistic, and many more guy talk i gave to him sha, and at the end he decided to try her out.

He was bleeping her and enjoying the pleasures with the relationship. Now he sights another fresh fish in London and it is time to move on. Offer the same advice you proffered the first time. It surely does wonders to him! It surely depicts, y'all are friends of confusion!

whitelexi:
Something that started so nicely has gone so bad. . .  Somehow we feel bad for even asking Puffy to give angel a go in the first place. We have tried getting him to stick with Angel but he gives crazy reasons like "She's a Nigerian British Citizen and he wants Laura who's a pure Nigerian". This is a new dimension to the whole story but Angel has threatened very much and appears suicidal to me. . . 
It never started nicely! It started on a note of ''lets see how far I can get with her''. I do not see any issue here as you friends never gave any good advice in the first place to your friend. U messed with the lady's emotions and feelings. And may God help you all if she does not go ahead to commit the intended suicide.
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by sistawoman: 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2009
This is why you choose who you date carefully.

We have a rule in our circle of friends that allows us to feel safe introducing our men to our GF's and that is that you never date an ex boyfriend under any circumstances.

We never ever cross the line. No matter what others might think or how much of your soulmate you feel the other person is.

Puffy should not even be considering dating Laura as this a direct violation of that rule.

What assurances does Laura have that he wont do the same to her in the future after the "newness" of the r/s dies?

How long did puffy date Angel before he decided to move on to Laura?

Is this typical behavior for puffy? Does he jump from woman to woman? And what is his age?
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by whitelexi(m): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2009
Absolute rubbish. . . . . .

Where you not the one who:
He was bleeping her and enjoying the pleasures with the relationship. Now he sights another fresh fish in London and it is time to move on. Offer the same advice you proffered the first time. It surely does wonders to him! It surely depicts, y'all are friends of confusion!

That is quite wrong, I did ask him to give it a try even if it didnt last long cos i honestly thought he was writing off a really good prospect at that time. I'm quite positive that every other member gave the same advise to Puffy because Angel came across as a good girl who could melt any man's heart.
They hit it off and it was working well until out of the blue, something changed. We are not friends of confusion, we've been friends for over 8yrs now and have actively assisted each other when the goings were rough.

It never started nicely! It started on a note of ''lets see how far I can get with her''. I do not see any issue here as you friends never gave any good advice in the first place to your friend. U messed with the lady's emotions and feelings. And may God help you all if she does not go ahead to commit the intended suicide.

You're right on this one, but we only used the term "see how long it lasts even if it doesn't last long" to convince him to give her a trial, she made it absolutely clear that she was crazy about him, and turning her request down was definitely gonna kill her self esteem. . .  
We did not mess with Angel's emotions, she was messed up already, we only helped her achieve her dream - which turned out to not be good for her afterall. We are hoping she doesnt carry out any suicidal missions.

sistawoman:

How long did puffy date Angel before he decided to move on to Laura?

Is this typical behavior for puffy? Does he jump from woman to woman? And what is his age?

Puffy and Angel are still together, however things are up in the air right now. They started actively dating in the middle of January this yr, but Puffy met Laura for the first time in March 2009, I think they started talking about an affair around the end of the same March, since then its been making very little progress - i first heard Puffy speak about it in May and i think thats when he started getting really interested in Laura.

Amongst all 6 of us, Puffy is the only one that is difficult to understand. He has always had this "I cant be bothered" attitude towards women and has stayed single the longest. We only felt here was an opportunity to really get him tied into something for a change. Its definitely not his typical behaviour to jump from woman to woman, he is more of an adventurer who does those things that others are scared of. He loves danger and lives on the edge almost all the time. We all did crazy stuff in naija, but Puffy once drove for 45mins at 255Km/Ph using cruise control. . . between Enugu and P/Harcourt - thats how mad he gets, i remember punching him in the gut for trying that with me in his car knowing i'm an only son!
Puffy is Shaggy's twin brother and they both clock 33yrs this October.
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by sexykelly(m): 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2009
Tell him he's breaking a code same as Laura (the code of friendship) and I hope they both live long to witness the outcome of their actions. Tell him to thread softly for the floor does crack.

I've always learnt to be careful with women, they can make and they can break you. He'll find many other Laura's if that is what he truly wants but not the one who's his girlfriend's friend.
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by TheSeeker(m): 12:47am On Jul 13, 2009
I don't see anything wrong in what Puffy has done. Simply because you guys think Angel is good for him doesn't make it good for him. It's totally whack that you talked him into a relationship. Obviously, he's an adult and if he wants to be in a relationship with anyone, he'll know when and with who --- you didn't leave him a choice to do that. Unless he's a gold digger, a personality I doubt he has from your description of him, Angel may not be the kind of woman he wants and only him can know that. Having a steady job, money, being a British citizen, sexy shape and curves and all doesn't make her the right woman for him just because you(friends) think so.

I'm not detesting your observation that she may be the right woman for him but he has the final say and no matter how hard it might be for Angel and the rest of you guys to handle, he's the one who will end up telling what he wants and what he doesn't want. There's nothing wrong in matchmaking --- it's worked wonderfully and worst in other situations -- it's all about how they click together and if they start to see if they are cut out for each other.

He was playing along with Angel because his friends(yourself and others) pushed him into it, he had to oblige you, he probably was going in for fun and Angel took that so serious. He also was enjoying how it felt to have a relationship with a woman but he has no prospects of getting married to her --- not even in the least thing he thinks if he's honest with y'all. Meeting Angel's family sure didn't and will never guarantee that she has eventually got him to take her to the altar(that's a wrong assumption on most part for the ladies). Relationship comes about when you have the first attraction to that one person, you get closer to them, know them more, know what and what they do and don't like and want, their disabilities, their failures, everything about them. It's so interesting how a good relationship works out --- it's simply fun, rigorous as is wonderful.

If Laura is the girl he wants to be with, let him go ahead and start it off with her, doesn't matter if she's Angel's friend. They are all adults and know what they want. Angel shouldn't take it so hard, of course it'd hurt that she's losing him to one of her supposed trusted friend, but there's nothing she can do about it.
Let me go further by explaining that there was nothing wrong in her making her intentions known to Puffy at the first place neither was there anything wrong with you guys talking him into the relationship but what I see wrong is you blaming him and pushing him deeper in a relationship that he doesn't want to be in --- if you force him in he'll end up hurting Angel and don't be so surprised when this happens. If you, for any reason, think the relationship with Laura won't work, leave him to deal with that, after all not all relationships work out and every relationship brings about different experiences which you may or may not apply in future relationship(s).

Every physical qualities of a girl he wants is what he's found in Laura --- that is what is called Chemistry. That's the first step to a meaningful relationship. For instance, I might like a girl but we may not have Chemistry because she's blind or dumb or even deaf while it might be good for some -- but because she's a good girl doesn't mean she's right for me -- because to me she is disabled and the kind of disability she has doesn't and will not work for my person(but if I happen to have been in the relationship before any of those happened, I'll still press on).

Lexi, let him be and do whatever he wants. If Angel is matured enough, she'll understand, if not now, later. You don't have to openly support him in the presence of either Laura or Angel but let him do what he wants. He seems like a principled guy to me who knows what he wants and no, I don't think he's making excuses up to leave Angel -- because from your total description of Angel, every man, especially a gold digger will want to be with her but he chose not to and he knows why. Do you by chance know maybe Angel is so proud and egocentric because of what she's achieved and Puffy didn't want to tell you because he feels it'd be a personal business? Do you believe the girl is a wholly full-of-good-character kind of girl? Maybe she's not all you think and Puffy knows and is in the best position to know better. You may ask why he knew all these and still was going on about meeting her family and friends, well he knows better and I think you need to ask him that but if you ask me, he's enjoying the publicity while it lasted.
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by TheSeeker(m): 1:20am On Jul 13, 2009
noetic2:

puffy would not be the first to be this stupid and I am sure he wont be the last. he is simply up for it cos he thinks he can easily get away with it.
unfortunately life is not like that.

and what makes him think he loves laura? its just the lust of a new crush.

No point talking sense to puffy, when the urge for lust is there the brain takes a back sit.
just watch as he destroys himself.

Crappy shit! And what moral justification do you have to say he's stupid? What makes you imply he thinks he'll get away with it. If you understand what the poster is saying, he's a kind of guy who isn't head over heels with women but with these kinds of men, be sure that when they want something in a woman, they go for it and that's absolutely devoid of any sexual immorality or fantasies as some might choose to call it. And just exactly how he's going to destroy himself? Be realistic and don't let us be so blinded with sentiments. His friends acted on sentiments and now Angel, so sorry to say, will be the payee here(the receiving end of a brutal but meaningful decision from Puffy).

No2Atheism:

No, I don't see him as that kind of guy and none of what he said has reflected that.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder -- I totally agree. Beyonce is widely thought to be sexy and all of that with nice shapes and all that, but in my humble opinion, I think Nicole Scherzinger (Pussy Cat Dolls) is more beautiful and sexier. People are just obsessed with Beyonce because she's been known from the 'ol days of Destiny's Child and to top it all is married to Jay Z. The way Jay goes on praising her makes her more admirable as well as her music but in terms of beauty, in my eyes, she comes after my most beautiful Nicole Scherzinger -- She's so hot! I'm not asking anyone to support me on that but hey, beauty is in the eyes of a good beholder
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by Nobody: 2:17am On Jul 13, 2009
iice:

Sometimes when people are adamant, it's best to let them learn for themselves.

Still wrapping my head around the title though.  .  . embarassed grin

Girl Speak-------> My boyfriend claims he's in love with my friend.

@Topic, if he feels he 'loves' the Gf's friend, then good on him. The chic should be convinced to let go and leave the two to themselves,it's not worth the drama. You can't force Puffy to stay with her if his 'heart' is else where.

If Puffy does come arnd for second helpings with Angel when he's done with the friend, i say shoot the dude in the ass, should give angel a good laff  grin, otherwise, wish them well and tell Angel she'll find her mate soon enuf no matter how it hurts now.
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by oyinda3(f): 2:24am On Jul 13, 2009
No! for what reason?
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 13, 2009
Wow!! I can only think of how frustrated the Angel girl will be. But I guess you cant force love. If I were her, hard as it might be, I'lllet him go. Afterall she practically forced herself on him in the first place.

But then karma's a bi**ch!! Your puffy frisnd shouldnt expect a hapilly ever after with that Laura girl.
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by whitelexi(m): 9:57am On Jul 13, 2009
Ujujoan:

Wow!! I can only think of how frustrated the Angel girl will be. But I guess you cant force love. If I were her, hard as it might be, I'lllet him go. Afterall she practically forced herself on him in the first place.

Angel is really threatening to do something very nasty if Puffy leaves her for Laura or anyone else, thats the problem, she's obsessed with Puffy and i fear she is seriously suicidal right now.

TheSeeker:

Lexi, let him be and do whatever he wants. If Angel is matured enough, she'll understand, if not now, later. You don't have to openly support him in the presence of either Laura or Angel but let him do what he wants. He seems like a principled guy to me who knows what he wants and no, I don't think he's making excuses up to leave Angel -- because from your total description of Angel, every man, especially a gold digger will want to be with her but he chose not to and he knows why. Do you by chance know maybe Angel is so proud and egocentric because of what she's achieved and Puffy didn't want to tell you because he feels it'd be a personal business? Do you believe the girl is a wholly full-of-good-character kind of girl? Maybe she's not all you think and Puffy knows and is in the best position to know better. You may ask why he knew all these and still was going on about meeting her family and friends, well he knows better and I think you need to ask him that but if you ask me, he's enjoying the publicity while it lasted.

I totally agree with u, and i'm hoping Angel can understand too. . . She's taken a hard hit and is taking it too deeply at the moment i'm afraid.
As for whether she's all that or not, I wouldn't wanna go there just yet, obviously Puffy has seen a few things we haven't but exploring that area is only gonna do more damage to Angel.
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by iice(f): 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2009
ezinne1212:

Girl Speak-------> My boyfriend claims he's in love with my friend.

Thanks! smiley
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by sesman(m): 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2009
TheSeeker:

I don't see anything wrong in what Puffy has done. Simply because you guys think Angel is good for him doesn't make it good for him. It's totally whack that you talked him into a relationship. Obviously, he's an adult and if he wants to be in a relationship with anyone, he'll know when and with who --- you didn't leave him a choice to do that. Unless he's a gold digger, a personality I doubt he has from your description of him, Angel may not be the kind of woman he wants and only him can know that. Having a steady job, money, being a British citizen, sexy shape and curves and all doesn't make her the right woman for him just because you(friends) think so.

I'm not detesting your observation that she may be the right woman for him but he has the final say and no matter how hard it might be for Angel and the rest of you guys to handle, he's the one who will end up telling what he wants and what he doesn't want. There's nothing wrong in matchmaking --- it's worked wonderfully and worst in other situations -- it's all about how they click together and if they start to see if they are cut out for each other.

He was playing along with Angel because his friends(yourself and others) pushed him into it, he had to oblige you, he probably was going in for fun and Angel took that so serious. He also was enjoying how it felt to have a relationship with a woman but he has no prospects of getting married to her --- not even in the least thing he thinks if he's honest with y'all. Meeting Angel's family sure didn't and will never guarantee that she has eventually got him to take her to the altar(that's a wrong assumption on most part for the ladies). Relationship comes about when you have the first attraction to that one person, you get closer to them, know them more, know what and what they do and don't like and want, their disabilities, their failures, everything about them. It's so interesting how a good relationship works out --- it's simply fun, rigorous as is wonderful.

If Laura is the girl he wants to be with, let him go ahead and start it off with her, doesn't matter if she's Angel's friend. They are all adults and know what they want. Angel shouldn't take it so hard, of course it'd hurt that she's losing him to one of her supposed trusted friend, but there's nothing she can do about it.
Let me go further by explaining that there was nothing wrong in her making her intentions known to Puffy at the first place neither was there anything wrong with you guys talking him into the relationship but what I see wrong is you blaming him and pushing him deeper in a relationship that he doesn't want to be in --- if you force him in he'll end up hurting Angel and don't be so surprised when this happens. If you, for any reason, think the relationship with Laura won't work, leave him to deal with that, after all not all relationships work out and every relationship brings about different experiences which you may or may not apply in future relationship(s).

Every physical qualities of a girl he wants is what he's found in Laura --- that is what is called Chemistry. That's the first step to a meaningful relationship. For instance, I might like a girl but we may not have Chemistry because she's blind or dumb or even deaf while it might be good for some -- but because she's a good girl doesn't mean she's right for me -- because to me she is disabled and the kind of disability she has doesn't and will not work for my person(but if I happen to have been in the relationship before any of those happened, I'll still press on).

wa gbayi, i agree with theseeker 100% on this,

You Guys should leave puffy alone, he should be allowed to date who he wants, he is a grown man. i know you guys love him and wants the best for him, it should be his decision. so you guys should back off, simples

if anyone is going to commit sucide over a lover, am afraid they will only have themselves to blame, no one is in irreplaceable,
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by whitelexi(m): 2:40pm On Jul 13, 2009
sesman:

wa gbayi, i agree with theseeker 100% on this,

You Guys should leave puffy alone, he should be allowed to date who he wants, he is a grown man. i know you guys love him and wants the best for him, it should be his decision. so you guys should back off, simples

if anyone is going to commit sucide over a lover, am afraid they will only have themselves to blame, no one is in irreplaceable,

It is heating up oh and now that shit has hit the fan, i'm afraid Puffy is in a right mess!  Angel has involved her folks but thats not the problem. . .  The real problem is her mum is a lawyer who is very well known to be radical and ruthless against men who avoid their family or paternal duties. Although Puffy is not yet a family man, Angel is now accusing him of impregnating her!!! plus she is going to ensure the baby stays. We are not sure of this recent claim as she has refused to give any clues and is also refusing to attend a pregnancy test - we feel she might be trying to use female tactics to hold him down but nobody is sure about that either.
Puffy? he is going mad with the latest news and is now acting all funny.

But let me ask one question: Is it by force to tie a guy down? Even when he is no longer interested??
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by boy1(m): 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2009
There's nothin new under d sun
This shit happens all d time
boys will always be boys.
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by luxoire(f): 3:04pm On Jul 13, 2009
All of you are to blame

Lexi - for not allowing Puffy to make his own mind up in the first place angry angry - thought better of you!!

Puffy- for not standing your ground when you said you were not interested in Angel - sissy!! abi na woman wrapper i go call you angry

Laura - for wanting to date your friend's man - shame no hold you? - if the tables were turned and your fellow friend/woman did this to you how would you feel? You should not even have entertained these thoughts/advances, to the statge where Angel has to find out - and you call yourself a friends?!!

Angel - for being such a drama queen. wettin? so d guy no want do again - from what i gather you have a lot going for you. alot even some of the guys in this sorry little mess would be willing to give an eye and an arm for!! (Lexi inc) so chin up girl and move on, you will find some one else who will love you and want you for keeps!!

Bottom line - Angel, dump Puffy and tell Laura to never call you - cut all links with both and all of them and move on with your life - you can't force a man to like you when he likes someone else because it is only a matter of time before they cheat on you emotionally or physically.

If Laura is willing to be with Puffy then she shouldnt expect you to be happy for her as you too are heart broken

the rest of you, leave them alone as obviously your interest is Puffy - Leave him to make his own decisions and if it is a mistake later - he will pick up the pieces.

But you should leave Angel alone to get on with her life as hanging on to all this drama will only cause her more pain!!
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by TheSeeker(m): 3:30pm On Jul 13, 2009
whitelexi:

It is heating up oh and now that shit has hit the fan, i'm afraid Puffy is in a right mess!  Angel has involved her folks but thats not the problem. . .  The real problem is her mum is a lawyer who is very well known to be radical and ruthless against men who avoid their family or paternal duties. Although Puffy is not yet a family man, Angel is now accusing him of impregnating her!!! plus she is going to ensure the baby stays. We are not sure of this recent claim as she has refused to give any clues and is also refusing to attend a pregnancy test - we feel she might be trying to use female tactics to hold him down but nobody is sure about that either.
Puffy? he is going mad with the latest news and is now acting all funny.

But let me ask one question: Is it by force to tie a guy down? Even when he is no longer interested??
I'm laughing at that bold part. Her mom a lawyer, a radical one at that and wanting to put her career to tow a dangerous line when she knows she has no case? When did it become a crime to break someone's heart, legally that is? Even if she has a baby for him, so what? There's nothing to tie down. . . . . she'll have the baby and your friend Puffy will start to pay child support(thanks to his ever loyal friends). There's nothing as far as I'm concerned, that's alarming from her family's end. If she's pregnant, Puffy should accompany her to see a doctor and ascertain this NOW! Puffy is working himself up about a situation that's already sort itself out.
luxoire:

All of you are to blame

Lexi - for not allowing Puffy to make his own mind up in the first place angry angry - thought better of you!!

Unfortunately, I don't agree with that. Friends are there to guide you sometimes when they think you're digressing down the wrong lane. They are there to help you when they think you're about to embark on a journey heading towards a looming doom--- in this case they feel he's getting older and should have prospects of who to get married to; hence they think they are helping by making such choice for him, he was supposed to use his head and stand his grounds. There's nothing wrong for your friends to give you suggestions which is exactly what they did -- they didn't lure him into it, he's 32 and will soon be 33 not 3 soon going to 4 years.
Puffy- for not standing your ground when you said you were not interested in Angel - sissy!! abi na woman wrapper i go call you angry

Laura - for wanting to date your friend's man - shame no hold you? - if the tables were turned and your fellow friend/woman did this to you how would you feel? You should not even have entertained these thoughts/advances, to the statge where Angel has to find out - and you call yourself a friends?!!
I have no problem with Laura as long as she didn't pull any advance on Puffy. He saw her and was interested and I don't see nothing abnormal if she decides to go into a relationship with him -- I'm however, objecting how she handled the situation. They should have kept it on the down low and allow Puffy to handle Angel and break that relationship before they blow theirs open; that way it'll look like they started after he had broken up with Angel. Her intention to cave in to Puffy isn't wrong, how soon and how open they blew it is very disheartening.

Angel - for being such a drama queen. wettin? so d guy no want do again - from what i gather you have a lot going for you. alot even some of the guys in this sorry little mess would be willing to give an eye and an arm for!! (Lexi inc) so chin up girl and move on, you will find some one else who will love you and want you for keeps!!
When you see someone you want, go after them. There's nothing wrong with that besides these things happen everyday; don't act like you don't know it happens everyday and will keep happening. It's been prophesied both in the Bible and Quran -- take note of that.

Bottom line - Angel, dump Puffy and tell Laura to never call you - cut all links with both and all of them and move on with your life - you can't force a man to like you when he likes someone else because it is only a matter of time before they cheat on you emotionally or physically.
Affirmative!

If Laura is willing to be with Puffy then she shouldnt expect you to be happy for her as you too are heart broken
Who would?

the rest of you, leave them alone as obviously your interest is Puffy - Leave him to make his own decisions and if it is a mistake later - he will pick up the pieces.

But you should leave Angel alone to get on with her life as hanging on to all this drama will only cause her more pain!!
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by yjay(f): 3:41pm On Jul 13, 2009
@poster well it is obvious that angel is obsessed over this guy, even to go as far as using pregnancy to tie him down, though i seriously doubt the fact that that will her make keep her man though, Puffy doesnt want her so i dont think any trick in the book will change that however i object to her friend laura dating her man, its just one of those things that one shouldnt do & its called loyalty
My advice to Puffy - Go get urself another girl! if situations were different then u can date laura but shes angel's girlfriend for crying out loud! just think of how u wld feel if tables were turned!
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by whitelexi(m): 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2009
All of you are to blame

That statement felt worse than a hundred daggers in the heart. angry sad sad

The bold text is wrong from my point of view, she is a hottie but i'll stick with Puffy's judgement on this one - if he saw something fishy, then afraid suppose catch me too grin

@Topic: I have to agree with Theseeker on almost all his points, i think they were spot on. It is not about blaming the directly or indirectly guilty parties, its more about finding a diplomatic solution that will work well for everyone.
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by bollyfolly: 3:53pm On Jul 13, 2009
@ Poster
Sorry i cant read your mail, cos its too long,
but i will comment on the subject matter.
Yes i can let my bf date my gf, if i see that they feel for themselves, besides they guy is just a bf not someone serious,
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by jaybee3(m): 3:56pm On Jul 13, 2009
funny but sad thing is, puffy is probably going to loose 'em both and continue treking the path of singlehood.
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by luxoire(f): 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2009
why would you advise your friend to date someone he has told you he is not interested in.

Well i suppose we all have different views / opinions on this - of course Puffy is a grown man and has the right to love who ever, and so does Laura.

but when your love starts messing with those close to you and other ppl's sentiments, then it's time you stopped and review the situation!

Lexi - my statement hurt you huh? well sorry, i just thought you'd steer clear of certain things, but then it is your friend and i suppose you only gave him your honest opinion on the issue - in my experience, if a guy says No and that is his gut instincts he usually strays at some point, even if he grows to deeply love and care for the girl in question!

who knows though, maybe I am wrong. In which case, i have more to learn on life and love
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by whitelexi(m): 5:32pm On Jul 13, 2009
The 2 key things here were that (1) his twin had engaged someone he dated for over 2 yrs and puffy was still all about money money money, and (2) it was Angel who made the initial approach and it is un-gentlemanly to stand a girl up - especially when u know she's placed her esteem on the wire.

I'm not defending our actions, but i think we did it with his interests at heart. It may have turned out badly but it could've been really good if not for one hiccup or two.
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2009
@ whitelexi

A man's meat is another man's poison!  grin
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by luxoire(f): 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2009
whitelexi:

The 2 key things here were that (1) his twin had engaged someone he dated for over 2 yrs and puffy was still all about money money money, and (2) it was Angel who made the initial approach and it is un-gentlemanly to stand a girl up - especially when u know she's placed her esteem on the wire.

I'm not defending our actions, but i think we did it with his interests at heart. It may have turned out badly but it could've been really good if not for one hiccup or two.

Who told you she'd have minded? y'all assumed on her behalf that it would hurt her feelings - i am sure if given the choice, she'd rather have let you guys let her go and never contact her intially than deal with the heart ache now

Don't date a girl out of pity if your mind aint there!
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 13, 2009
there goes another story on morally bankrupt boys (ooops sorry men). How can you descend so low as to date a woman's close friend of all people on planet earth?
Why wasnt puff-puff honest with angel from the word go? Obviously she's spread her legs for him so he's ok letting her go so he can sleep with her friend? What's next? you dudes will pass angel around like a leaking sieve?

Lesson 1 for women - never be too desperate for a guy, especially one you dont know.
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 13, 2009
luxoire:

Who told you she'd have minded? y'all assumed on her behalf that it would hurt her feelings - i am sure if given the choice, she'd rather have let you guys let her go and never contact her intially than deal with the heart ache now

Don't date a girl out of pity if your mind aint there!

And if she really all that you said earlier, there was nothing to pity.

Guys guys. They have a weird way of reasoning.
Re: Girls: Would U Let Your Bf Date Your Gf? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 13, 2009
whitelexi:

but there is a gentleman's way of letting her know  you're not interested. Take her out for a drink or two, then quietly tell her you wont mind just being friends but dont think you both can hit it off. She will respect you more than dating her out of pity then dumping her for a friend.

Puffy just showed that he has powder puff for brains.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Fantastic Questions That Can Save Your Relationship! / Is It Wise To Have Your Ex On Your BB Messenger / Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.