Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,453 members, 7,830,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? (2811 Views)

Nigerian Lady Who Did Introduction With A Man She Never Dated, Advises Ladies / Wrong Perception Of The Adam And Eve Couple(PICs) / Adam And Eve Inspired Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by richard870(m): 7:20am On Jul 22, 2015
The holy bible tells us that Adam and Eve were the human beings made by God (without sex)
Now, my questions; Who did Cain (their first child) marry , could it be incest was allowed by or is something missing?
I have done a lot of thinking but couldn't come to a logical sense behind what could have happened

What do you guys think?
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 22, 2015
He was an hermaphrodite. In fact, he was the first hermaphrodite in history.

He fvcked himself and gave birth to some children.
Those children also fvcked each other and gave birth to more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by cornoil(m): 7:27am On Jul 22, 2015
Hunnnn, bible scholars answer
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by podosci(m): 7:33am On Jul 22, 2015
God in his infinite mercy allowed Cane to have sex with his mother ( Eve)....that's the only logical explanation

1 Like

Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by lekankolade(m): 7:37am On Jul 22, 2015
Answer: Indeed, Cain and Abel 1 had to marry their sisters, considering that there were no other women around. King David writes, 2 "The world was built with kindness." Our sages explain that this verse is referring to G‑d's kindness in allowing Adam and Eve's children to marry their own sisters in order to populate the species. 3 The Midrash tells us that Cain was born with a twin sister and Abel was born with two sisters. 4 They each married the sister who was born with them. According to one opinion, it was actually a quarrel over who would get to marry the third sister that led to Cain slaying Abel. 5 The third generations of humans had no need for this loophole, because marriage between first cousins is not considered incest according to Torah law. So why are these daughters not mentioned in the Torah? They are. Later in Genesis 6 we are told, "And the days of Adam after he fathered Seth were eight hundred years, and he fathered sons and daughters"—though we are not informed of their identities. The Torah only records the names of those who were leaders of note, those who played a role in the biblical narrative, or the men who formed the chain of lineage connecting Adam to Noah (and later Noah to Abraham). FOOTNOTES 1. Adam's third son, Seth, possibly married one of his nieces (uncle-niece marriage is not forbidden according to Torah law. 2. Psalms 89:3. 3. Cited in Rashi's commentary on Leviticus 20:17. There Rashi explains that this is the reason why the Torah employs the unusual term "chesed, " which is usually translated as kindness, to describe the prohibition against brother-sister incest. 4. Genesis Rabbah 22:2. 5. Ibid. 7. Cain claimed the right to this sister because he was the firstborn. Abel maintained that he should marry her because she was his triplet.

2 Likes

Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by Symphony007: 7:42am On Jul 22, 2015
When you do an in depth study of Christianity and all religions in general and their vague tenets, you wonder how they manage to keep fellow humans with a functioning brain under their followership.

2 Likes

Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by richard870(m): 7:46am On Jul 22, 2015
podosci:
God in his infinite mercy allowed Cane to have sex with his mother ( Eve)....that's the only logical explanation
hmmn
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 22, 2015
podosci:

God's mercy isn't infinite.
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 22, 2015
Symphony007:
When you do an in depth study of Christianity and all religions in general and their vague tenets, you wonder how they manage to keep fellow humans with a functioning brain under their followership.

Word!
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 22, 2015
a similar POINTLESS question undecided

Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by richard870(m): 8:05am On Jul 22, 2015
lekankolade:
Answer:
Indeed, Cain and Abel 1 had to marry their sisters,
considering that there were no other women around. King
David writes, 2 "The world was built with kindness." Our
sages explain that this verse is referring to G‑d's kindness
in allowing Adam and Eve's children to marry their own
sisters in order to populate the species. 3
The Midrash tells us that Cain was born with a twin sister
and Abel was born with two sisters. 4 They each married the
sister who was born with them. According to one opinion, it
was actually a quarrel over who would get to marry the third
sister that led to Cain slaying Abel. 5
The third generations of humans had no need for this
loophole, because marriage between first cousins is not
considered incest according to Torah law.
So why are these daughters not mentioned in the Torah?
They are. Later in Genesis 6 we are told, "And the days of
Adam after he fathered Seth were eight hundred years, and
he fathered sons and daughters"—though we are not
informed of their identities. The Torah only records the
names of those who were leaders of note, those who played
a role in the biblical narrative, or the men who formed the
chain of lineage connecting Adam to Noah (and later Noah
to Abraham).
FOOTNOTES
1. Adam's third son, Seth, possibly married one of his nieces
(uncle-niece marriage is not forbidden according to Torah
law.
2. Psalms 89:3.
3. Cited in Rashi's commentary on Leviticus 20:17. There
Rashi explains that this is the reason why the Torah
employs the unusual term "chesed, " which is usually
translated as kindness, to describe the prohibition against
brother-sister incest.
4. Genesis Rabbah 22:2.
5. Ibid. 7. Cain claimed the right to this sister because he was
the firstborn. Abel maintained that he should marry her
because she was his triplet.
whoa!
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by richard870(m): 8:09am On Jul 22, 2015
Niklausa:

God's mercy isn't infinite.
That's gross. May God forgive you
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by Molebs(m): 8:11am On Jul 22, 2015
Name isn't known.
He married his sister
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 22, 2015
A question Pastors will always smartly scare us away from with their 'be careful what you say about God and bible; blasphemy'
Shioooooooor!
Who did Cain/Abel married. And which country was Cain wandering?
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 22, 2015
richard870:
That's gross. May God forgive you

What's gross about that? Would someone with 'infinite mercies' condemn his creations to eternal torment?

You that's not even 1/0000000000th of His mercies, will you allow your child to burn in fire just for lying?
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by richard870(m): 8:26am On Jul 22, 2015
Niklausa:

What's gross about that? Would someone with 'infinite mercies' condemn his creations to eternal torment?

You that's not even 1/0000000000th of His mercies, will you allow your child to burn in fire just for lying?
Bros, these things are beyond d scope of human comprehension
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 22, 2015
richard870:
Bros, these things are beyond d scope of human comprehension

Keep on deceiving yourself. What scope of human comprehension are you talking about?

Be honest with yourself and stop trying to hide from the truth.

One doesn't claim to be something then go ahead to do the opposite of that thing.
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by jashar(f): 9:02am On Jul 22, 2015
Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters. Gen 5:5

Occams Razor suggests that he married one of his sisters.

But of course, that was permissible then because they were the only people on earth. Later in Leviticus 18, God abolished incest of any kind.

At least, by then the gene pool had watered down. There were about 3 million people to choose from. smiley
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by richard870(m): 9:10am On Jul 22, 2015
jashar:
Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters. Gen 5:5

Occams Razor suggests that he married one of his sisters.

But of course, that was permissible then because they were the only people on earth. Later in Leviticus 18, God abolished incest of any kind.

At least, by then the gene pool had watered down. There were about 3 million people to choose from. smiley

Perhaps
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by iamtomi(f): 9:21am On Jul 22, 2015
Niklausa:
He was an hermaphrodite. In fact, he was the first hermaphrodite in history.

He fvcked himself and gave birth to some children.
Those children also fvcked each other and gave birth to more.
tot u were crazy when i saw ur answer..but when i saw ur dp which has psychopath on it,i knew for sure dat u are crazy grin

1 Like

Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 22, 2015
iamtomi:
tot u were crazy when i saw ur answer..but when i saw ur dp which has psychopath on it,i knew for sure dat u are crazy grin

Do you like 'crazy'?
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by rawtouch: 9:30am On Jul 22, 2015
You better locate his parents and ask them see me see trouble ooo, I don't attend weddings I wasn't invited to....

*i need another bottle of alcoholic malt this question just annoyed me*
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by iamtomi(f): 9:34am On Jul 22, 2015
Niklausa:

Do you like 'crazy'?
crazy?? do i?? nope embarassed grin
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 22, 2015
iamtomi:
crazy?? do i?? nope embarassed grin

I have a hunch that you are lying.
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by iamtomi(f): 9:48am On Jul 22, 2015
Niklausa:

I have a hunch that you are lying.
lol...psychic Niklausa.. i m not lying; D
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 22, 2015
iamtomi:
lol...psychic Niklausa.. i m not lying grin

You know you can't lie to a psychic.....

Humans have an innate allure for 'craziness', and this trait is more expressed in you females.

Anyway, let me just take your word for it.
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by iamtomi(f): 10:11am On Jul 22, 2015
Niklausa:

You know you can't lie to a psychic.....

Humans have an innate allure for 'craziness', and this trait is more expressed in you females.

Anyway, let me just take your word for it.
hehe...u right tho...who likes a boring person...embarassed
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 22, 2015
iamtomi:
hehe...u right tho...who likes a boring person...embarassed

So you like craziness then? wink
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by richard870(m): 10:20am On Jul 22, 2015
iamtomi:
Don't mind him....he's a pagan!
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by iamtomi(f): 10:25am On Jul 22, 2015
Niklausa:

So you like craziness then? wink
yes!!! we love crazy!!!!!!! grin
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by iamtomi(f): 10:26am On Jul 22, 2015
richard870:
Don't mind him....he's a pagan!
hehe...sure i wont mind him
Re: Who Did Cain (adam & Eve Offspring) Marry? by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 22, 2015
iamtomi:
yes!!! we love crazy!!!!!!! grin

Since you like craziness, it means you like me then?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys See Five Signs She’s Definitely Ready To Sleep With You.. / Is It True Dat Guys With Contact Lenses Are Gays / Guys, Have You Ever Wanked Off With A Girl's Picture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.