Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign (34120 Views)

Reps Want Adeosun, Emefiele To Resign / Dino Melaye: "Buhari, Sack Adeosun, Emefiele And Udoma" / Emefiele To Senate: Nigeria’s Economy In Deep Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by francizy(m): 11:01am On Feb 26, 2016
jazzboi:

Will start taking you crioz when you start condemning tribal comments made by your kinsmen..till then, please shift.

Everyone must not stoop low like you..

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by fearless2014: 11:02am On Feb 26, 2016
LordAdam:
This man should jor shut up. What does he want Emefiele to do? Does he want Emefiele to print dollar. PMB said he should not devalue the naira. He has done all he can to stabilize Naira with the CBN monetary policies.

What the Nigerian economy needs is good fiscal policy from PMB, Osinbajo and Adeosun. You can't blame Adeosun because she was appointed in November and there are indications that PMB is running a one-man show. Also, the budget has not been passed so there's nothing she can do until the budget is passed and funds are available for constitutional spending.

All the blame should go to the junketeer dullard currently praying for Allah to cure him of his docility and being clueless in Mecca. When the economy was still manageable and he could have swiftly assembled an economic team and enacted good fiscal policies to quickly turn things around, he was busy doing honeymoon by visiting countries he had never had a chance to visit all through his life and romancing with career civil servants. Now he wants his equally clueless, noisome, daft buffoons called ministers to perform magic after creating mess for them.

He should hastily come back and pack his sh*t. Na im want presidency. Let him do his work or resign and go back to daura to drink kunu.

As for Osinbajo, I don't know if I should blame him or let him be. He is jor a mere commissioner. At least when Sambo was there we know he was occupying space to pacify the North and GEJ was doing both work of President and Vice President (after all he had experience with the latter). Osinbajo is worse. A professor, SAN, minister, and erudite technocrat reduced to messenger and Minister of State of Information, assisting Lai to spread lies and propaganda.

-Lord

See finishing..

Guy you dey mean o !
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by linearity: 11:02am On Feb 26, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Is it the fault of government that some hotels, schools, estate developers, etc in Nigeria now demand to be paid in dollars, rather than naira, our legal tender; thereby making some people buying the dollar at 197 and sell it at 400? Have our people asked ourselves why, for example, in US there are no parallel, not to talk of any person doing business there demanding to be paid in pounds? When will Nigerians realize that we, not the government, are the cause of the current problem we are faced with?

This is the same chicken and egg argument...I don't blame those businesses for demanding dollars instead of Naira.

If Naira was not in a free fall, they would still be accepting Naira. They provide a stable service which was tied to an equivalent Naira amount, now that the value of Naira bounces around like a pendulum every hour of the day, e.g. Hotels will be forced to start watching exchange rates and adjust their prices each hour/day accordingly. This is an unnecessary overhead plus their customers will not be happy with the constant changes, I know you will not be happy if you bought omo eg N500 in the morning and your neighbor who went to that same store bought it for N400 because Naira just appreciated and the store owner who bought that same omo two weeks ago at N600 when Naira was on a free fall is left to leak his/her wound and very soon that store owner will go out of business.

So the problem is on the government and not on people charging dollars in order to run a stable business.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by francizy(m): 11:02am On Feb 26, 2016
DesChyko:

Lol.. That shows how 'unique' yours is.. You just might be the only person Good to hook-up again. wink

LoL! How have you been brov? Been like ages tho..
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by toma3: 11:06am On Feb 26, 2016
Am a Yoruba man(ubah) but this man made a point.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by LordAdam: 11:08am On Feb 26, 2016
linearity:

lol, to add to that; passing a budget will not make things any better, because any economic activities experienced currently has been discounted for a year ahead..

If a share of Nestle is selling for e.g. N350.00, that price is influenced by the worth of Nestle in about a year from now and not base on Nestle current worth.

So, any corrective measures by this Administration will take time before they start reflecting positively...

Investors have gauge this government policies so far and have anticipated what will happen, hence they are leaving. If you are in their shoes, you will do the same...what this government is telling investors is; we want you to bring your money in, invest in our economy, pour in a lot of money, but we will make it difficult or near impossible for you to get your money out, we will restrict and may even deny your request, when you want to use part of your profit to buy raw materials abroad or do some services abroad by not giving you the Forex to do that...so the investor who changed his/her dollars to startup a business in Nigeria is stuck with pills of Naira notes that he can't rechannel into his/her business the way they want.

I am of the opinion that, the Naira should be devalued, but if PMB cannot do that, at least do not restrict and ration Forex to a few, give investors the confident that, their money is their money and they can cash out anytime they want and they wil not be restricted in mundane things like exchanging their money.

You've made valid points, and yours is the first mention of my reply that I am replying.

There are plenty of fiscal policies that can quickly turn the tides as well as many that would take time to yield results. I'm not an economist, but a policy like placing an industry like tomato paste manufacture, and palm oil export on a special intervention list will have far-reaching effect. The yield for the past year for both crops was very encouraging. Boosting both sub-sectors like GEJ did to rice would have helped many industries. By products from palm oil processing are used by several unrelated industries and would reduce the pressure on imports.

Eliminating bottlenecks in the bureaucratic processes of setting up a business should also be a prime target, so that people can easily get into business and use the low-value naira to shore up SME's and the entire business climate. I'm sure any well-versed economist can think of plenty of ways to sustain the economy to avoid a recession.

But as I said, the budget is one problem why any of these policies cannot be enforced. Buhari never knew the implications of his excessive waiting and lack of oversight on the budget. Even Nigerians do not know. Personally, I do not blame the investors. They should go and come back when Buhari develops a functional brain.

About devaluation. It is the sane thing to do. But this is the problem, with no sound fiscal policy, devaluating the naira is the death knell for the economy. Depending on the level of devaluation, we may experience anarchy in this country. To put it simply, there is no sound bedding to lay the naira on. Devaluating the naira now is like letting the naira fall in free fall to the depth of the abyss. The only people that would gain are speculators and exporters. And the potential gain, in my opinion, is not worth the loss and anguish that will bedevil the country if we take that route.

-Lord
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by MrGerald(m): 11:09am On Feb 26, 2016
LordAdam:
This man should jor shut up. What does he want Emefiele to do? Does he want Emefiele to print dollar. PMB said he should not devalue the naira. He has done all he can to stabilize Naira with the CBN monetary policies.

What the Nigerian economy needs is good fiscal policy from PMB, Osinbajo and Adeosun. You can't blame Adeosun because she was appointed in November and there are indications that PMB is running a one-man show. Also, the budget has not been passed so there's nothing she can do until the budget is passed and funds are available for constitutional spending.

All the blame should go to the junketeer dullard currently praying for Allah to cure him of his docility and being clueless in Mecca. When the economy was still manageable and he could have swiftly assembled an economic team and enacted good fiscal policies to quickly turn things around, he was busy doing honeymoon by visiting countries he had never had a chance to visit all through his life and romancing with career civil servants. Now he wants his equally clueless, noisome, daft buffoons called ministers to perform magic after creating mess for them.

He should hastily come back and pack his sh*t. Na im want presidency. Let him do his work or resign and go back to daura to drink kunu.

As for Osinbajo, I don't know if I should blame him or let him be. He is jor a mere commissioner. At least when Sambo was there we know he was occupying space to pacify the North and GEJ was doing both work of President and Vice President (after all he had experience with the latter). Osinbajo is worse. A professor, SAN, minister, and erudite technocrat reduced to messenger and Minister of State of Information, assisting Lai to spread lies and propaganda.

-Lord
He's saying that they should carry out practical aspect everything should not be politics, he knows what he's saying, do you know how much CBN has been releasing to dangote and their likes in dollars which in turn caused the fall in naira and economic hardship to nigerians just because few people want to monopolize everything in this country in their bid to become the world's richest?
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by onatisi(m): 11:09am On Feb 26, 2016
demarc001:
Well stated! ACADEMIC APPROACH INSTEAD OF PRACTICAL. No be everything when them write for book dey work out. Read thousands of motivational/how to succeed book does not guarantee you will succeed, especially in Naija.

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by DesChyko: 11:10am On Feb 26, 2016
francizy:

LoL! How have you been brov? Been like ages tho..

I've been okay.. Putting 2 and 2 together.. What 'bout you? Hope Life's been fair?

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by Biafrarep(m): 11:11am On Feb 26, 2016
jazzboi:

He should also resign as the chairman of capital oil for not being able to pay his workers salary.

Will keep saying it, Thank God Dangote and Folorusho Alakija ain't from the east. Can't imagine the level of the noise.
Stop mentioning that woman, she is not a role model, infact she embodies everything that is wrong with this country!! What is the source of her wealth? Did she make it by dint of hardwork or brilliance?? So ammasing ill gotten wealth through cronism, nepotism & harlotry in high places is now a thing of pride? People like Danjuma, Meribe, Alakija & the oil wells they were allocated without any bidding process are one of the reasons this country has remained in a mess. Those people should be arrested & not praised, they are reaping were they didnt sow!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 26, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Is it the fault of government that some hotels, schools, estate developers, etc in Nigeria now demand to be paid in dollars, rather than naira, our legal tender; thereby making some people buying the dollar at 197 and sell it at 400? Have our people asked ourselves why, for example, in US there are no parallel, not to talk of any person doing business there demanding to be paid in pounds? When will Nigerians realize that we, not the government, are the cause of the current problem we are faced with?

Egbon,we saying the same thing here. Everything I said (maybe indirectly) is what you saying here.

God help us sha.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by francizy(m): 11:14am On Feb 26, 2016
DesChyko:

I've been okay.. Putting 2 and 2 together.. What 'bout you? Hope Life's been fair?

We dey manage bro.. Just trying to get one or two.. cheesy
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by DauraDullardo(m): 11:18am On Feb 26, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
dont mind the unpatriotic element. He wants to be part of the government of the day so he can keep enjoying the shielding, looting and waivers he enjoyed under the ineffectual buffoon.
Every idiiot now uses the phrase 'ineffectual buffoon' even when it's crystal clear they don't know the meaning.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by gungab(m): 11:19am On Feb 26, 2016
I seconded the man jare
even though am from west, I don't think the woman is ready compared to her predecessor
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by LordAdam: 11:19am On Feb 26, 2016
MrGerald:
He's saying that they should carry out practical aspect everything should not be politics, he knows what he's saying, do you know how much CBN has been releasing to dangote and their likes in dollars which in turn caused the fall in naira and economic hardship to nigerians just because few people want to monopolize everything in this country in their bid to become the world's richest?

Is Dangote not a Nigerian? Only Dangote alone is responsible for a third of the value of the Nigerian Stock Exchange. If his businesses collapse, so does Nigeria. Or don't you know Dangote is the second largest employer of labor after the Federal Government?

You do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. When Dangote was investing in building cement factories in Nigeria with the profit from his imports, where was LaFarge and the others that are still importing cement? Those factories employ Nigerians, remit 30% of their profits to the Federal Government and sustain the economy. If you want to find a scapegoat it is Ifeanyi Ubah himself. Where was he when Forte oil offered to sell petrol cheaply? If he had joined, we wouldn't be having all this subsidy and scarcity bruohaha now.

The guy is an attention-seeker. He has a lot of faulty debts and knows his fortune will be greatly depleted if the naira falls more. That is why he is shouting from the roof tops. I'm not against him proffering solutions. But he should be constructive about it. Read the OP writeup again. He did not offer any solution or constructive criticism. He just asked for their resignation. Haba! Na so dem dey sack people. Nigerians and blame mentality. He conveniently shielded PMB who should take the most blame and called for the sack of Emefiele that has been sustaining all manner of attacks for following PMB's instructions and Adeosun that has not even received budget for her ministry.

You reason am na, all of una no get conscience sef!

-Lord
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by koboko69: 11:20am On Feb 26, 2016
NobleAngell:
Adeosun should resign I concur. We cannot wait for her to register waec, sit for it and then get her result. Nigeria's financial sector will have collapsed by that time. We'll get some who knows how to work 16+6.

Hey girl. We aint talking about prick here. Dont join your fellow igbos in senseless hate. Stick to the romance and family sections. This section is way beyond your thinking capability as i can judge from your senseless comments.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by SirShymexx: 11:21am On Feb 26, 2016
Igbotic trader's opinion lol.

Market trading and noise making go hand in hand like bread and spread. So I'm not surprised that this vacuous illiterate also has an opinion.

Give this plonker several seats at the back of the class.

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by drbayobayo(m): 11:22am On Feb 26, 2016
lol
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by MrGerald(m): 11:23am On Feb 26, 2016
Raphael81:
Resign ko resign ni, na u give them work to do? Yeye man go and face ur own business, u can contest as President by 2019 if u get strong balls
You talk like the dullard himself, hiding in nairaland opening your mouth to someone who can rescue or halt the economy of this nation at a stand still within 24 hers, yeye boy.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by emi14: 11:23am On Feb 26, 2016
LordAdam:

-Lord
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by andyanders: 11:25am On Feb 26, 2016
Well spoken Dr Ubah.

What he stated is right. The Apex Bank and The Ministry of Finance should be held responsible for the current fall of the naira. They are doing sharp business and smiling to their individual accounts to the detriment of the entire nation.

The foreign exchange is been channelled through their own Bureau De Change outlets and sold at the black market rate.

This is disgusting and painful but some people cannot understand that the commercial banks and the Apex bank should be responsible to the current state of the naira. Let the truth be said here.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by rusher14: 11:26am On Feb 26, 2016
scachy:
Before u comment, Mind you that Ifeanyi Uba is not the poorest man in Nigeria today. Those that are antagonizing this man are the worst hitted by the economic crisis. (poor Nigerians)

He might not v the solution to this problem but one obvious thing is that those saddled with our monetary policy n fiscal responsibility are bunch of incompetence.

Why do we continue to chase shadows?

Every organisation and economy dependant on oil is facing currency fluctuations and shortages.

Canada, Angola, let's not even look at Venezuela, yet we choose to pretend the issue is about individuals.

The individuals that need changing are the citizens of the country who are hooked like crackheads on everything foreign, even toothpicks.

No single person has the solution to today's predicament. The problems were being wished away in the time of surplus and we can only hope we've learned our lessons as a people.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by PentiumPro(f): 11:26am On Feb 26, 2016
The oil subsidy thief sef dey form intelligent.
Nigeria don suffer!
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by chumada: 11:27am On Feb 26, 2016
[s]
jazzboi:

He should also resign as the chairman of capital oil for not being able to pay his workers salary.

Will keep saying it, Thank God Dangote and Folorusho Alakija ain't from the east. Can't imagine the level of the noise.
[/s]

What's this one saying angry sad
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by buchilino(m): 11:28am On Feb 26, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

okonjo iweala has been booted out....move on with your own life cod she's never coming back.

as for ubah, we know the cabal he belongs to and can never be trusted. Besides, if he truly loves his nation, he should proffer solutions instead of demanding for a post before giving such. We a know he is only strategizing to align with the government at the centre so as to continue the looting and shielding he enjoyed under the ineffectual buffoon.

as for kemi Adeosun, she is a woman I believe will perform. Ambode got more backlash than this but now he is performing. I just hate it when people call for her head due to tribal hatred. You all will be shamed at last.

AFTER READING DIS JUNK U WROTE, I FEEL SORRY 4 UR PARENTS. AM SURE SOME WHERE THEY R FEELING PROUD DAT THEY PRODUCED A GRADUATE UNKNOWN 2 THEM, THEY WASTED DER HARD EARNED MONEY ON NOTHING grin
bloodyBLOGGER:

okonjo iweala has been booted out....move on with your own life cod she's never coming back.

as for ubah, we know the cabal he belongs to and can never be trusted. Besides, if he truly loves his nation, he should proffer solutions instead of demanding for a post before giving such. We a know he is only strategizing to align with the government at the centre so as to continue the looting and shielding he enjoyed under the ineffectual buffoon.

as for kemi Adeosun, she is a woman I believe will perform. Ambode got more backlash than this but now he is performing. I just hate it when people call for her head due to tribal hatred. You all will be shamed at last.

AFTER READING DIS JUNK U WROTE, I FEEL SORRY 4 UR PARENTS. AM SURE SOME WHERE THEY R FEELING PROUD DAT THEY PRODUCED A GRADUATE UNKNOWN 2 THEM, THEY WASTED DER HARD EARNED MONEY ON NOTHING
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by Akaujaa(m): 11:31am On Feb 26, 2016
Though an APC supporter, I think I subscribe to Uba's opinion.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by buchilino(m): 11:36am On Feb 26, 2016
gungab:
I seconded the man jare
even though am from west, I don't think the woman is ready compared to her predecessor

BE CAREFUL SOME OF UR PPLE WILL COME DENY U N SAY UR NOT FROM SW. INCASE UR ONE IN A MILLION FROM SW WHO C D TRUTH N SAY IT D
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by buchilino(m): 11:37am On Feb 26, 2016
gungab:
I seconded the man jare

BE CAREFUL SOME OF UR PPLE WILL COME DENY U N SAY UR NOT FROM SW. IN ANY CASE UR ONE IN A MILLION FROM SW WHO C D TRUTH N SAY IT D WAY IT IS
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by betterABIAstate: 11:37am On Feb 26, 2016
SirShymexx:
Igbotic trader's opinion lol.

Market trading and noise making go hand in hand like bread and spread. So I'm not surprised that this vacuous illiterate also has an opinion.

Give this plonker several seats at the back of the class.
he wouldn't have had an opinion if the educated illiterate "kemi" is superb in caring out her duties.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah calls for Adeosun, Emefiele to resign by emi14: 11:38am On Feb 26, 2016
I love this balanced write up. Not partisan, not political, not tribalistic. The call for resignation of the finance minister by Ifeanyi Ubah is justified if indeed President Buhari is on one man show affair with the said ministry. It means Adeosuns's appointment is irrelevant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Are The Public Figures In Nigeria You Still Respect Dead Or Alive? / Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' / Queen Elizabeth Honour 3 Nigerians In A Special Ceremony In Buckingham(PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.