Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,970 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' (34102 Views)

"The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai / Tanko Almakura And Wife, Mario At Hajj (Photos) / CHILLING: Domination Plot Of The ‘north’ Against The South East/south South Reve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Nobody: 7:35am On May 02, 2015
Despite the efforts of President Jonathan to seek the friendship of the core North by extending a reasonable size of projects to them, he was hated, hunted and turned down by these same peo­ple during the presidential elec­tion. What exactly happened?

Well, the people (core North) have been incited against Jonathan a long time ago. Even the educated ones were not fair in relating to his achievements in the region. They had made up their minds that Jonathan is anti-North. And whatever he has done, he remained an­ti-North. The fact that he sited nine of 12 new universities in the North in order to assist in bridging the educational gap that exists between the North and the rest of the country did not matter. The fact that he introduced the Almajiri schools which would reduce the number of young peo­ple who go about doing nothing but beg­ging also never counted to them.

In fact, somebody this morning, as we were discussing Jonathan, insisted that Jonathan was only busy sacking North­erners from federal establishments. But when I looked at the number of ministers and northerners in key positions, I real­ised that this very influential individual, who should know better, had made up his mind not to be objective about the issue. He was not prepared to listen to anybody. So, some people had made up their minds. The fact remains that there was this high level conspiracy against Jonathan, such that whatever he does, it would have been very difficult to con­vince people to abandon their already concluded opinion about him.

For instance, I was made to understand that a number of the members of the tra­ditional institution and influential clerics and university people, they all ganged up to spread one form of propaganda or the other against him (Jonathan). And this propaganda has already gone down deep into the minds of the people. The Friday before the presidential election, virtually all the imams in the North made a simple appeal to their congregations that when they go out the following day to cast their votes, they should make sure that they did not cast their votes in favour of an infidel. Just in one or two words, the campaign was finished. So, the follow­ing day everybody was charged to go and vote against an infidel. Who was that in­fidel? Jonathan. Even the Friday after the election, I attended a mosque where the imam was offering thanksgiving prayers to God for getting rid of an infidel.

Still, on this topic, what about the PDP members who also failed to rise up to defend their own and their party?

That is not my problem today. My prob­lem is that we in the far North have acted out the script of Gideon Orkar. We have opted out of the mainstream of Nigerian politics and I am waiting for the time to come when we would realise the conse­quences of our action.

When you say that you people have acted out the script of Gideon Orkar, what exactly do you mean?

Let me put it this way. This country is a country which is equally divided between Christians and Muslims. Where a Muslim would not vote for somebody because he is a Christian, then there is a problem. It may not appear immediately but there is a long time predicament that would one day appear because when someday it is the turn of a Christian to vote for a Mus­lim, surely this thing happening today would boomerang.

- http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=117430

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by illmatic101(m): 7:52am On May 02, 2015
Our brothers from the south thinks otherwise, they don't know the gravity of their actions.
Meanwhile GOODLUCK REMAINS MY HERO AND A SAINT

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:31am On May 02, 2015
I testify that the OP is correct. Very correct!
I live long enough in the north to know how muslim north think on any issue.

Islam first.
Islam second.
Tribe third.
North fourth
Islamic brotherhood of foreigners fifth
Then christians/ southerners last and most hated except they are supporting them like amaech, oyegun, ngige etc

125 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by rexbuton: 8:38am On May 02, 2015
THE SOUTH WAS CONNED..

WE HAVE LEARNT

LET US HOPE OUR INCOMING PRESIDENT DOES WELL

WE ALREADY KNOW OUR CHOICE IN THE NEXT ELECTIONS, WE DON'T EVEN NEED CAMPAIGNS
here is my message to the south only...
https://www.nairaland.com/2290091/rexbutons-message-southerners-north-modern#33345633

12 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by hopilo: 8:49am On May 02, 2015
The North needed 2015 badly, for them it was not about APC vs PDP, it was North vs South. In both parties all northerners were charged to work for a common goal. That is the power of unity.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by modath(f): 8:56am On May 02, 2015
Same way the southern MOGs incited the SS, SE and SW against Baba. lipsrsealed

The nine universities were supposed to be compensation for the BH massacre,economic downturn, facilities delapidation .... etc abi ??

God will help you people to see that Jona's undoing was his ineptitude and lackaidasical attitude to burning national issues and not any grand conspiracy.

The north have always voted for GMB, the only change this time is the NC and SW who swung the pendulum.

134 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by ndcide(m): 9:00am On May 02, 2015
ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON!!!!

I'm not saying GEJ was a perfect president, I'm not also saying he must be President.

But the religious sentiments I saw before the election was dangerous that I had to shout... What I saw up north, in kano and Kaduna was sickening .

Even here in Lagos, I was moving around my area last sunday and there was a Muslim outdoor outreach going on and the teacher was all out on gloating based on the presidential election. it was really disgusting.

What they say happened in the core north also happened here in Lagos.

Anyway lets just move forward.

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by CyberWolf: 9:01am On May 02, 2015
We all know this..But it's good it happened and we all witnessed it. So nobody should cry when it's the turn of others..

20 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by AbuMaryam1(m): 9:02am On May 02, 2015
Op I feel your pain, I remember 2011 nobody vote for Jonathan from North but Christian. People can not blame themselves for their failure.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Nobody: 9:04am On May 02, 2015
Already we know. Actually it might end up as a blessing in disguise because now we have to look at ourselves in the south and ask if being part of Nigeria is worth it. Now we see that one Nigeria is just a fluke.

Already the results from the election has shown that performance never mattered. Ethnicity, religion and tribalism holds sway in the pendulum of power in Nigeria such thay we find ourselves subject to the choice of the largely uneducated region and the zone that likes to think of themselves as "sophisticated".

Apart from a few betrayals and judases which is perfectly normal I think there's a united view already on the future of the Niger Delta cum Southeast and it shall be actualised rather sooner than later.

Don't get it twisted. We are not ONE!!!

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by baybeeboi: 9:43am On May 02, 2015
patiently waiting for the day this country will be seperated.
That bästard Luggard.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by baybeeboi: 9:51am On May 02, 2015
AbuMaryam1:
Op I feel your pain
ZKOSOSO:
I testify that the OP is correct
why put it on the OP? Did the OP say He wrote that article? You guys need to wisen up.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by AhmedMustapha(m): 10:00am On May 02, 2015
Keep spinning these lies, North voted for Gen Buhari because of his ethnic and religious standing while the South-south and south-east that were screaming he will islamize us voted for Jonathan because he TRANSFORMED their states. Tell me more!

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by dokyOloye: 10:01am On May 02, 2015
I pity an southerner who thinks he has anything in common wt d Muslim north.
When they start their madness,even d muslims from d south west are also termed infidel.
I have lived in d North and I know that d hausa/Fulani muslim accepts and will help a muslim from Chad,Niger,Cameroun more than a christian from d same state wt him.
One Nigeria my foot.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Nobody: 10:02am On May 02, 2015
This is just the truth!

Buhari Presidency is a product of propaganda and I wait to see him sustain his government with propaganda. The core north wanted one of their own to take back 'their' power. The person was Buhari. Tinubu keyed into the plan out of his own design to pull the rug from their feet when the time comes. He supplied the propaganda machinery in the south west, the Imams finished the job for him in the north. The rest is history as both partied had gotten what they wanted.

Sit back and watch the unfolding drama. It is a shame that when we want to make progress as a country, an event will take us back to where we started from.

President Jonathan has done his bit to Nigeria. He is not a saint and has his failings as man but history is going to and have started judging him rightly.

God bless Nigeria!

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by NCOIM(m): 10:11am On May 02, 2015
Exactly!!!

This is seconded by The noble moi!!

Only the northern slaves will say otherwise

2015 Presidential Election was a northern Agenda
So,,,If you think otherwise,,, you must be sitting on a long thing

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Ilekeh(f): 10:12am On May 02, 2015
lol

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by NCOIM(m): 10:13am On May 02, 2015
Seconded!!!

I was chatting with a northern elder in my Street where I stay,,,he was telling me about the elections and the reasons why Jonathan must leave

You need to hear this man's reasons,,I was shocked

It was a Northern Agenda

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Nobody: 10:19am On May 02, 2015
too late to cry

2 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Saifullah01: 10:24am On May 02, 2015

With the his spineless leadership, surrendering security in the SS to militants, governance in the SW to OPC and land mas in the NE to boko haram for six years that killed thousands and left millions displaced. GEJ needed no one to incite the whole country - save a greedy few - against him, he was the architect of his own destruction. QED

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by RapLawd(m): 10:25am On May 02, 2015
Op na Today you know that one

some Muslim pdp or the Christian pdp couldn't vote for Jonathan not because they really hate him but by doing so, na death sentence be that for and your entire household!!!...

this na pure fact cus friends in the north are the ones who called me to tell me after the election was conduct,asking if that's the same way we did in south east, Enugu state precisely...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by arbitter: 10:28am On May 02, 2015
Meh just the Usual whining. I dont even have time to give a shlt about this.

2 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by RapLawd(m): 10:28am On May 02, 2015
Op na Today you know that one

some Muslim pdp or the Christian pdp couldn't vote for Jonathan not because they really hate him but by doing so, na death sentence be that for and your entire household!!!...

this na pure fact cus friends in the north are the ones who called me to tell me after the election was conduct,asking if that's the same way we did in south east, Enugu state precisely...

so Op, you're damn right!!! to them GEJ is an infidel and can't govern over them the believers, both the educated and illiterates....

they will even vote a slowpoke mo'ron from Niger republic against an educated and visionary vibrant Christian if he's a Muslim!!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by ERODEDEAST(f): 10:33am On May 02, 2015
dokyOloye:
I pity an southerner who thinks he has anything in common wt d north.
When they start their madness,even d muslims from d south west are also termed infidel.
I have lived in d North and I know that d hausa/Fulani muslim accepts and will help a muslim from Chad,Niger,Cameroun more than a christian from d same state wt him.
One Nigeria my foot.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Nobody: 11:22am On May 02, 2015
Water and Oil can not mix.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by ManUtdholic: 11:26am On May 02, 2015
2015 election was a
NORTH PROJECT

10 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by fyneguy: 11:35am On May 02, 2015
and why did the SS and SE vote for Jonathan?

16 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by lato2(m): 11:53am On May 02, 2015
Alhaji Tanko pls return Jonahs money thats if you have collected any money prior to the elections
...We in Niger voted a David instead of a Muazu. Pls stop been petty and accept defeat

16 Likes

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Nobody: 11:59am On May 02, 2015
What should we do about this ?

1 Like

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by phyllosilicate(m): 12:03pm On May 02, 2015
Why shouldn't the core north be against Jonathan? Let Buhari start jumping from one mosques to the other and allow the leader of muslims insults the hell out of christians then we would see how the Christians would love him.
PDP called APC a muslim party, now they are crying that they voted for a muslim party.

ANYWAY IT IS NOT A CRIME TO CRY embarassed , LET THE CRY embarassed CONTINUE.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by MugabeRobert: 12:04pm On May 02, 2015
fyneguy:
and why did the SS and SE vote for Jonathan?

Don't mind them.

2010 I was in a bar in portharcourt when yar adua died, you needed to see the celebrations. People declaring free drinks to commemorate with Jonathan and celebrate yar adua's death.

2010, we from southwest supported Jonathan with save the Nigerian group, the likes of Prof. Wole Soyinka, Tunde Bakare marched bare footed to demand the release of Jonathan from Turai's kitchen where he was busy cooking tuwo.

2011, we voted en mass for Jonathan but what happened afterwards?

He took the north and ibos as ally. He went and declared that ibos are the backbone of his administration and yoruba leaders are rascals.

Arthur Eze, ibo political leader said they don't want ewedu and amala party and don't want to have anything to do with children of awolowo and Jonathan was foolishly cheerleading him.

He starved us of any reasonable position in throughout his 6 years in power, he fought and ridiculed OBJ, the hand that fed him and single handedly picked him as vp.

Aside that Jonathan was too clueless and daft, he was also delusional to think bribing Obas in southwest or relocating to Lagos will make him win southwest.

61 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' by Nasman(m): 12:08pm On May 02, 2015
It simple, we in the north, refuse to vote for Jonathan, because of;
his inability to fight the brutal terror group of Boko Haram.
His inability to fight corruption.
The wide spread of impunity which has been the character of his administration.
His clueless nature to governance and I don't care attitude towards vital national issues.
His Niger deltanization of the entire federal government
Marginalization of the South West and North East
I have no regret in voting this President out of office. And by God if Buhari do the same mistake of Jonathan, I will also vote against him.

31 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Court Sacks Stella Ngwu And Dennis Nnmachi Agbo As Federal Lawmakers / Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) / Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.