Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Friends With Benefits... Ever Had One? What Are The Pros And Cons? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Friends With Benefits... Ever Had One? What Are The Pros And Cons? (1998 Views)

My Ex-Girlfriend Has Become Best friends With My Current Girlfriend / 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex / How Can I Tell Her That What I Want Is "Friends With Benefits"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Friends With Benefits... Ever Had One? What Are The Pros And Cons? by incognito1(m): 3:38am On Feb 28, 2016
Often times,I've heard people talk about this type of relationship and I've always wondered what if feels like. When they say it's with benefits,does it mean the other party gets paid by the initiator of the relationship? If so,isn't that a posh way of prostitution? What's the difference between that and an open relationship where both parties are allowed to have sex with other people? I know it's a kind of relationship people who aren't ready for a serious commitment,get involved in. Do people involved in this type of relationship pay attention to the looks of their would-be partners? I'd personally love to be in such a relationship but would prefer my partner having sex just with me. A situation where your partner is having multiple sex partners isn't cool,and it's a risky venture. You stand the risk of being infected with HIV...

Before I join the train,I'd like to hear from those involved in it,or haVE been involved in it before,for what's it's like,and for what to Expec t in a friends with benefit relationship.
Re: Friends With Benefits... Ever Had One? What Are The Pros And Cons? by sundoj08(m): 3:58am On Feb 28, 2016
In the beginning, you feel on top of the world cool till she gets pregnant undecided

#ExperienceIsTheBestTeacher

4 Likes

Re: Friends With Benefits... Ever Had One? What Are The Pros And Cons? by sinaj(f): 4:05am On Feb 28, 2016
sundoj08:
In the beginning, you feel on top of the world cool till she gets pregnant undecided

#ExperienceIsTheBestTeacher
lol
Re: Friends With Benefits... Ever Had One? What Are The Pros And Cons? by naijaboiy: 4:41am On Feb 28, 2016
FWB is a very cool stuff for single people who do not want to get involved in the stress of serious relationships. It has it's perks,but most of the time it's fun.

You both have to set your terms. But the most important thing is that there will have to be no boundary crossing and no emotions attached.

Any involvement of these two will result in a breach of contract.

You can't be in a FWB and expect to be the only guy she will be fúcking. Just simply make it a relationship bro.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friends With Benefits... Ever Had One? What Are The Pros And Cons? by xpac01(m): 6:42am On Feb 28, 2016
Just like the poster above me has rightly said, you can't have her tied to you when what you guys are having is a mere FWB.
And from my own view, the FWB I've experienced, there was no terms defined. Infact it all started with the lady. I never made any approach, she has her bf which I much know.
Now the pro is that, it makes you feel smart and lucky, infact in FWB no stress of spending or begging. You all what you'r into whenever you meet.
Now the con is that, wahala go dey if you're eventually discovered by the bf or pregnancy, or just like you said Hiv.
Re: Friends With Benefits... Ever Had One? What Are The Pros And Cons? by Cutehector(m): 7:01am On Feb 28, 2016
If u are a girl and u have cheated on your boyfriend, you are in a frndswithbenefits relationship.

1 Like

Re: Friends With Benefits... Ever Had One? What Are The Pros And Cons? by Panzerfaust(m): 7:03am On Feb 28, 2016
In my case, she thought she was my girlfriend..Bt as far as I was concerned, she was just a friend. By the time she realized what was going on, I had already had my fill.
Pros: You can try anything sexual with her. She won't mind.
Cons: She may start "catching feelings"
Re: Friends With Benefits... Ever Had One? What Are The Pros And Cons? by adorablepepple(f): 7:28am On Feb 28, 2016
Pros:its sweet, cheap and exciting
Cons: you liable to catch any kind of disease and when she falls in love with you, she will tie your destiny with juju grin
Above all don't do it
Re: Friends With Benefits... Ever Had One? What Are The Pros And Cons? by ennysuccess(m): 8:01am On Feb 28, 2016
I love friends with benefits alot smiley I can't imagine being just friend with a lady when she got what I'm looking for out there and most times they simply fall for me because I know how to play my game well when u are romantic as a guy and u always look Gud Ladies will fall for u I have almost all my female pals as FWB it's so Fun kiss kiss kiss
Re: Friends With Benefits... Ever Had One? What Are The Pros And Cons? by lapazi(m): 8:37am On Feb 28, 2016
I had one during my youth services days....we both knew we could neva be together because of so many obvious reasons I can't start mentioning....we really had fun, we both new what we wanted...I liked her because she wild and free spirited and she actually told me to my face that she has finally gotten her Abuja "northern" spoilt brat....lol. (as If I cared undecided)
It was all guns and roses until towards our POP she gave me a pregnancy scare.....dude nobody tell me o....I fante like usain bolt....my old man would've literally skined me Alive..... grin
My advice don't do it...just don't! cool

2 Likes

Re: Friends With Benefits... Ever Had One? What Are The Pros And Cons? by Sunnypar(m): 8:41am On Feb 28, 2016
FWB
Advantages
* No drama
* No emotional attachment
* She at you Berk and call( depending on the terms of agreement)

Disadvantages
* Pregnancy
* STI's because you not the only one fucking her
* Bankruptcy in your pocket and
account
* Jealousy
Re: Friends With Benefits... Ever Had One? What Are The Pros And Cons? by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:45am On Feb 28, 2016
Panzerfaust:
In my case, she thought she was my girlfriend..Bt as far as I was concerned, she was just a friend. By the time she realized what was going on, I had already had my fill.
Pros: You can try anything sexual with her. She won't mind.
Cons: She may start "catching feelings"
That catching feelings has always been my fear, all the girls I have tried that ends up catching feelings and acting jealous whenever they caught me with another girl but the funny thing is that they all have boyfriends but cant stand seeing me with other girls. I still prefer it to serious relationship sha
Re: Friends With Benefits... Ever Had One? What Are The Pros And Cons? by incognito1(m): 9:10am On Feb 28, 2016
@ all: thanks. I'd go for it cos I'm not sure I'm ready for a serious relationship yet and of course,I can't allow my gun develope frogs from its tadpoles...lol. So,do you guys consider looks when picking one? Personally,I can't sex someone who doesn't look attractive a bit. It's a huge turnoff. As regards STD/STI,I think we can minimize that with the use of condoms.

1 Like

Re: Friends With Benefits... Ever Had One? What Are The Pros And Cons? by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 28, 2016
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Pls A Nairalander Needs Your Advice / I Forgave Him / London Based Nigerian Says Bobrisky’s Face Has Been Burnt By Bleaching Cream Pho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.