Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,047 members, 7,838,647 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry (7508 Views)

Kabbalah Invocation And Rituals / Kabbalah Anyone? / Jewish Kabbalah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by jackdaniel(m): 11:45am On Jul 19, 2009
Also, what do u mean by "egregore of the state being tuned to higher worlds"? and that havin sumtn to do with the American success story. Couldn't it just be well managed abundant resources and responsible govt? kinda like other well run countries e.g. Canada, Sweden, Japan, UAE. I know the monuments and currency have some symbols with mystical roots, but I never thought too much about it. I'm not a big fan of conspiracy theories and it just seemed to me all that stuff was just that.   

Krayola2 => not a fan of conspiracies myself ( maybe when i was younger),  grin , That point was chipped in on purpose; it was as a result of  earlier questions from Pator AIO; pertaining the Nigerian egregore.

I have a few questions. . .did the concept of the sefirot pre-exist kabbalah, and were the Kabbalists ideas just plugged into an existing framework?

Krayola2 =>  Yes it did

"When your intellect conceives of God, do not permit urself to imagine that there is a God that exists as depicted by you. For if you do this you will have a finite and corporeal conception of God, God forbid. Instead, your mind should dwell on the affirmation of God's existence and then recoil. To do more than this is to allow the imagination to reflect on God as God is in Himself and such reflection is bound to result in imaginative limitations and corporeality. Put reins therefore on ur intellect and do not allow it too great a freedom, but assert God's existence and deny ur intellect the possibility of comprehending God"  16th century kabbalist Moses cordevero

I think that  ^^is a basic dogmatic remix of what u're sayin. Wrong?   

Krayola2 => Right   wink ; but that takes great mastery and purification of the Rauch.

Get rid of the ego by shedding the light of awareness on it and this egregore thing will also vanish.Human beings need to get away from the "HUMAN" aspect of themselves and move back to the "BEING" aspect of themselves.That is to move back to the centre and align with it.This is what is called going back to God in the religious circle(even though that has come to mean coming to my religion/church in today's religious circle).
The western folk - who gave us these religions that keep us firmly locked to the "Human" part of our make up hence creating all these "egregores" - are slowly being taught how to move back and align with their centre,incidentally,and are leaving we africans behind to hold on to our human aspects that create all these agregores.
We need to move back to the centre,back to the "being".If we do not do this,we will never get rid of these egregores and all the social dysfunctions that we labour under. 

jagunlabi => WORD. grin
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by PastorAIO: 12:54pm On Jul 19, 2009
jackdaniel:

Pastor AOI=> that’s a wonderful question, I was highly fascinated; from your responses I believe you have some knowledge of the kabbalah.  I am compelled to answer you in kabbalistic terms; the answer to that question challenges even the emanation of kether; it raises a loop question; since the emanations of the sephiroths are the thought of the divine. Answering that, should suggest that even kether is propelled by his thought to create. This implies that the thought of the emanations (sephiroths) precedes kether. From the geometrical structures, one should know that more circles can be created above kether. But kabbalist identified that problem and decided to ignore the sephiroths above kether ; and decided to start from kether, which is Ain soph. Consider the number line ; infinity negative numbers before zero and infinity positive numbers after zero. Neither ends can be met, so it is advisable to start from zero.

My knowledge of Kabballah is very limited.  I thought that the Ain Soph was the infinite and beyond the sephiroth.  I didn't think it was identical with Kether.  I thought that it was ain soph that emanated all the sephiroth including Kether.   They all have a bit of Ain Soph in them. 

I am comfortable with loops.  The main challenge of my question would be suffered by a worldview that relies on Causality being a certain way.  Or even existing at all.  What I mean is, if for something to exist it must be caused or created by something prior to it then the chicken-or-egg loop scenario becomes a problem.  If however such causal connections are not required in your cosmology then the question of what came first is not relevant.

This when applied to the creation of egregores would mean that they are not dependent on the thoughts of people to create them. 

jackdaniel:

Rene Descartes: " i think i am, therefore i exist ". That should be the first word usually uttered, when consciousness  develops an ego in my opinion.   grin. Analysis of that word, I-think-I-Am;  I= consciousness and Am=Ego . Analysing a second sentence. "I- cant- live- with- myself". I=consciousness and Myself = Ego. grin---- just a prelude. grin

I believe what Descartes actually said was "I think, therefore I am".  What did Descartes mean by this?  It is not my place to speak for the guy but I have my own understanding of the statement.  First we need to know what is meant by "Think".  Does he mean Cognitive processes?  Then what is meant by "I am".  Being, existence. 

I don't think that Consciousness relies on Thinking.  One could stop all thought processes and still be conscious of Being.  Consciousness is Being.  In fact when one stops thinking that is when Consciousness shines most intensely. 

The Ego on the other hand is a mere product of Cognitive processes.  Thinking creates the Ego.  The Ego comes with all sorts of descriptive qualities and characteristics.  The Ego not only tells you what it is, but also what it is NOT.  It is deFINEd.  It has boundaries and limits. 

I still don't get the difference between a structured ego and an unstructured one.  What has being tuned or bound to a certain world (higher or lower) got to do with having structure?
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by PastorAIO: 12:59pm On Jul 19, 2009
Krayola2:

[size=18pt]"When your intellect conceives of God, do not permit urself to imagine that there is a God that exists as depicted by you. For if you do this you will have a finite and corporeal conception of God, God forbid. Instead, your mind should dwell on the affirmation of God's existence and then recoil. To do more than this is to allow the imagination to reflect on God as God is in Himself and such reflection is bound to result in imaginative limitations and corporeality. Put reins therefore on ur intellect and do not allow it too great a freedom, but assert God's existence and deny ur intellect the possibility of comprehending God"  16th century kabbalist Moses cordevero[/size]

I think that every religionist should be made aware of this statement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by PastorAIO: 1:09pm On Jul 19, 2009
Krayola2:

That sounds similar to Lurianic Kabbalah. I think PASTOR AIO mentioned earlier that these "egregores' (never heard of that till I read this thread) might be able to take on their own existence independent of the source. The whole idea of lurianic Kabbalah[b] is that the shattered vessells (maybe what u mean by shells) are responsible for evil[/b]. (that's over simplifying it but it's complicated and i think u already know what i mean so i don't wanna type it all out unless I have to). Is this related to what u are talkin about?

I think that the qliphoth, or shattered shells are being created every moment even as we speak. Rather than just being the first failed attempts at creation. I think that they are brought about by a rigidity and inertia that cannot grasp Truth. And as such they are the source of Evil. However a distinction has to be made between some definitions of evil and other definitions of evil.

There is no good or evil but thinking makes it so - to quote that english bard.

And it is thinking that brings about the creation of the broken vessels.
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by Krayola2(m): 2:42pm On Jul 19, 2009
Pastor AIO:

I thought that the Ain Soph was the infinite and beyond the sephiroth.  I didn't think it was identical with Kether.  I thought that it was ain soph that emanated all the sephiroth including Kether.   They all have a bit of Ain Soph in them. 

"Keter is the first Sefirah,the initial emanation out of Ein Sof, the deus absconditus, to the serirot, the deus revelatus. As such, it has an ambiguous relationship both with Ein Sof and the other Sefirot. In keeping with the mystics' proclivity for ambiguity,mystery , and paradox, the distinction between Ein Sof on the one hand, and the Sefirot on the other is purposely obscure. This is why in the portrayals of the Sefirot in the form of the human body, Keter is portrayed as a crown on the head. This expresses the idea that a crown on the head of a king is not part of the body of the king but is rather a symbol of the stature of the individual who wears it.Keter is connected to the Sefirot, but it is not like the other Sefirot. Like Ein Sof, it is not part of the deus revelatus,but at the same time, as the first sefirot, it is. This intentional ambiguity articulates the Kabalists attempt to deal with the mystery of the transition from the infinite to the finite (I think this is what Jackdaniels was talking about using his "infitite values before zero" analogy. . .they started from zero instead of trying to comprehend the infinite)

For the Kabbalists, like EIn SOf, Keter is beyond human comprehension. It is often identified with the divine attribute of will, the will of God. Like Ein Sof, Keter is hidden and remote, and it is often described, as is Ein SOf, as ayin- No-thing. Like the root of a tree hidden from view, Keter is the root of the tree of the Sefirot. As such, it is the primary root of reality, of the Sefirot, and all of creation. It is the transition point between No-thing and that which is, between the completely concealed and the partially revealed. WIthin Keter are the "engravings" or code, for everything that is to be. These engravings, as the Zohar calls them, are the potential for all that is to unfold in the world of divinity, or the Sefirot.

As we have noted, Keter represents the divine attribute of will. By positing will as the first aspect of the divine personality to unfold, the Kabbalists took a stand on one of the central questions of late medieval philosophy: Does intellect precede will, or does will rather precede intellect? For example, when we perform an action, do we first think about it, intellectually decide to do it, will to do it, and then finally do it; or do we first will to do it, and then only intellectually decide to do it? For the Kabbalists, Keter- divine will- precedes the attributes of divine thought (Hokhman and Binah). Keter represents the divine will to reveal something of the nature of God, represented by the Sefirot. Furthermore, it should be noted that the idea of will here does not simply refer to volition or free choice. Anticipating the view of German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer, the Zohar's notion of will refers to the primal ground of all of reality.

Keter atriculates the will of God to unfold the divine personality, to create the world, and to be known to his creatures. God's will to reveal something about the nature of himself, to express something of himself through a process of emanation and creation, precedes even God's thought as to why and how this is to be done, and as to what it will be. In other words, for reasons beyond comprehension God willed to manifest himself to his creatures, to reveal aspects of his divine personality, to change from being alone and self contained to being in a relationship with his creation and his creatures, to articulate his otherwise hidden nature by revealing his attributes. In the Sefirot, we have the self-revealing of God, the unfolding of the inner life of the divine.

Even the process of emanation that leads to the unfolding of the Sefirot is detached from Ein Sof. It is from Keter that emanation derives. Keter is the vehicle where by the divine is activated, whereby the engravings begin their transition from potentiality to actuality. From these engravings, the Sefirot below Keter begin to emerge, beginning with the second emanation, Hokhmah-Wisdom.

For the medieval Jewish philosophers,God was essentially a thinking being, "thought thinking itself". For the Kabbalists. Hokhmah, or wisdom, was the beginning of the unfolding of God's intellectual attributes. It was the beginning of thought, intellect, comprehension. For this reason, it could be apprehended. It could be known."  Shervin, Bryon. Kabbalah "An introduction to Jewish Mysticism

hahah. I know that shit is kinda long. Its from the textbook i used. It goes on to describe the rest of the system in some easy to comprehend language (don't mind typing it all out if u're interested. . .gives me an excuse to read the stuff again  wink ). I remember when i took the course I had read half the texbook by the 2nd class. The stuff was just so fascinating that I couldn't put the book down. But yeah, Pastor, you are right. . Keter is separate from Ein Sof.
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by jackdaniel(m): 3:10pm On Jul 19, 2009
I don't think that Consciousness relies on Thinking.  One could stop all thought processes and still be conscious of Being.  Consciousness is Being.  In fact when one stops thinking that is when Consciousness shines most intensely.  
pastor AIO=> true. consciousness does not need to think; Thinking is a process of the ego.

What has being tuned or bound to a certain world (higher or lower) got to do with having structure?

Pastor AIO => One has to ascend up the ladder of the tree of life , or remain stagnant or devolve to the tree of death. The higher, the more structured one becomes. The tree of life is a map.

I thought that the Ain Soph was the infinite and beyond the sephiroth

Pastor AIO => more sephiroth exists above kether, but i think the following have been recorded: kether=> ain soph=> ain soh aur => regions of lo(NOT); any way, to avoid confusions most teachings end in kether or ain soph.

If however such causal connections are not required in your cosmology then the question of what came first is not relevant.

Pastor AIO =>Non causality can not be explained by beings of causality; any attempt to describe it would have some elements of distortion. to understand non causality, you have to experience it. the tree of life is a causal description on how to ascend to the realms of non causality.

This when applied to the creation of egregores would mean that they are not dependent on the thoughts of people to create them.

pastor AIO=>As the sephiroths depend on ain soph for their existence, so do egregores depend on the minds of their creators to survive ( it's a little bit more complicated than this though; b'cos technically they are also part of the fragments of the tree of life( the system) once created.).
So be careful of what you create or what you associate your self with. Be conscious or else you might end up being a puppet.

I think that the qliphoth, or shattered shells are being created every moment even as we speak.

Thats one of the aims of this thread, to stop or minimize the creation of shells. we need  "Tikkun Olam"(repairing of the world). Our ego and even the egregores are very useful tools if applied wisely. They could serve for the greater Good of man kind and our society. we need to ascend higher in the tree of life and not devolve further into the tree of death. consider the ego as a vehicle in which you can use to ascend or decend.
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by jackdaniel(m): 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2009
@ Krayola2 => are u jewish?
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by Krayola2(m): 3:26pm On Jul 19, 2009
jackdaniel:

@ Krayola2 => are u jewish?
haha, nah. . I'm a religious studies major @ the university of Waterloo. Took a few courses on Judaism and Jewish culture. The intro course on Kabbalah was one of them. I be Naija boy thru and thru!! smiley
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by jackdaniel(m): 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2009
@ Krayola2 => correct 9nja boi, grin, sound like a summa cum laude guy wink
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by Krayola2(m): 4:11pm On Jul 19, 2009
jackdaniel:

@ Krayola2 => correct 9nja boi, grin, sound like a summa cum laude guy wink

haha. thanks. even though i had to google "summa cum laude".

I tried to read up some more on Kabbalah but the book I got was so advanced that i couldn't make sense out of it. Basically, I went to the library and picked out the most colorful interesting looking book. It had a whole lot of geometry in it, though, but it was triangles and not circles. All combined in all sorts of complex patterns. The explanations were too complex for me and i just couldn't wrap my head around it. I guess the saying "never judge a book by its cover" applies here grin But if u know any books that explains this stuff in simple language, abeg make u let me know.
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by jackdaniel(m): 4:49pm On Jul 19, 2009
Krayola2 => Don't know where to start,  ,  maybe authours like; Gershom scholem, Yehuda Ashlag, Aryeh Kaplan,  leonora leet, rabbi michael laitman,manly .p .hall, israel regardie, etc. i believe the older the work the better, b'cos today we have many loonies out there writting crap in the name of kabbalah grin, maybe after these,one might precede to the classic Zoha and a host of all the other Sepher's !!!!!!!!!!'s. Any way i think the basic is essential; once the concepts are mastered, i think one can even get insights from every day objects eg children story books, ,  grin. wink, always master the basics, cos thats the main stuff.
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by PastorAIO: 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2009
@JackDaniels

So what are we to think of Madonna's Qaballah?
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by jackdaniel(m): 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2009
  So what are we to think of Madonna's Qaballah?   

pastor AIO =>  grin grin grin, have you ordained me the chief judge of madonna's Qabala? grin grin . I can only hope she is doing the right thing; and besides, even if she is doing some of it wrong, @ least she could have  done some things right; no matter how little, that alone is something to be  happy about.  Kabbalah is not the only way to the divine, it is just one of the ways.
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by PastorAIO: 8:20pm On Jul 19, 2009
jackdaniel:

pastor AIO =>  grin grin grin, have you ordained me the chief judge of madonna's Qabala? grin grin . I can only hope she is doing the right thing; and besides, even if she is doing some of it wrong, @ least she could have  done some things right; no matter how little, that alone is something to be  happy about.  Kabbalah is not the only way to the divine, it is just one of the ways.

Mr Jack Daniels, you are a wise man.

I wonder why when I read your posts or see your name my hand always reaches for the drinks cabinet. smiley
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by jackdaniel(m): 6:16am On Jul 20, 2009
Stumbled across an interesting photograph on NASA's casini's space photograhs of storms at the north pole of Saturn. Look closely, cheers,  http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/cassini/multimedia/pia09187.html
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 20, 2009
@Jackdaniel/pastor/krayola
Sorry to drag you guys back but i am really intersted in knowing more about kabballah so i would appreciate if thsi question can be answered:

1] What is the ultimate purpose of the kabbalah
2] What is the source of this knowledge/ practise
3] How come so little is known about it?
4] It seems to have the same jewish origins with christianity, is there any relation?
5] Do the practioners have any mystical or supernatural powers?
6] How come it is virtually impossible to master the kabbalah?

It is likely i come up with more questions, but i would appeciate answers to this first.

what as the kabbalah got yo do with the north pole of saturn.
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by budaatum: 11:18pm On Jul 20, 2009
jackdaniel:
Various factors increase the strengths of egregores, it would be unwise to comment on certain issues on a public thread lipsrsealed. ("dare","know","will" and "silence"wink; i hope you get it buda. wink
Sorry, but not acceptable!

It has already been said that things are hidden. Surely those who have lifted the corner of the veil are not allowed to continue to hide that which for its knowing edifies the soul is what I reckon.

For it is written, some of what one writes will fall by the wayside and the birds will come and devour them. Some of what one writes will fall on stony places and will wither away when the sun scorches them becasue they have no soil to take root in. Some will fall among thorns and be choked to death as soon as they spring up. But others will fall on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some a millionfold, and some thirty billionfold and even more, jackdaniel.

"Write!" As the Angel Gabriel said to the Prophet. And let they who have ears to hear, read it!
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 21, 2009
buda atum:

It has already been said that things are hidden. Surely those who have lifted the corner of the veil are not allowed to continue to hide that which for its knowing edifies the soul is what I reckon.

For it is written, some of what one writes will fall by the wayside and the birds will come and devour them. Some of what one writes will fall on stony places and will wither away when the sun scorches them becasue they have no soil to take root in. Some will fall among thorns and be choked to death as soon as they spring up. But others will fall on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some a millionfold, and some thirty billionfold and even more, jackdaniel."Write!" As the Angel Gabriel said to the Prophet. And let they who have ears to hear, read it!

Jack daniel please answer his questions we are all seeking knowledge here. wink
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 21, 2009
Jagoon:

Sorry to drag you guys back but i am really intersted in knowing more about kabballah so i would appreciate if thsi question can be answered:

4] It seems to have the same jewish origins with christianity, is there any relation?
It is likely i come up with more questions, but i would appeciate answers to this first.

Still waiting for answers smiley
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by jackdaniel(m): 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2009
=> jargoon; i promise ; i'll reply your questions soon. Please 4give my delays, i am very busy for now cry. cheers
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by budaatum: 9:16pm On Jul 21, 2009
Jagoon:

Still waiting for answers smiley
Je Jagoon grin You got to be patient know!
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by jackdaniel(m): 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2009
Jargon=> summary answers: hope you will find time to research more on it; if you are interested. I hope these answers might help. All I can offer are opinions, only you can find the truth.
In summary ,its purpose is for one to “know yourself, the Divine and the architecture of creation”.(Please research more for more details)
   2] What is the source of this knowledge/ practise?
Tricky question; some people are of the opinion it has a Jewish origin (i.e given by G-d to Moses, who passed it down to the 70 elders of Israel, of whom Joshua was one of them). But I believe the kabbalah pre-dates the Jewish religion, symbols and structures of the kabbalah are found in different parts of the world.
Seek and you shall find. It has always been there. I believe the truth will seek one and one will seek the truth when the soul is ready.
   4] It seems to have the same Jewish origins with Christianity, is there any relation?
Probably; Remember the early Christians were Jewish and  Jesus was a Jew. So probably some might have this knowledge.  During the renaissance in Europe many Christians tried to merge the kabbalah into Christianity. A notable pioneer was Pico Della Mirandola. And besides, the Catholic Church is structured on  kabbalah symbolism e.g. the design of the altar, the Trinity, Mary etc, the Jesuits priests were at the forefront of incorporating the kabbalah into Christianity e.g. Kircher the renowned German Jesuit and Egyptologist. The Christians refer to their kabbalah as Cabbalah.

Mystical powers are just by-product of spiritual attainments, most  kabbalist do not take it seriously. Some ignore it, because it can become a distraction.

Since you cannot count all the numbers in existence; you cannot master the whole kabbalah. Only the first cause(G-d) has mastered the whole kabbalah.

7] What has the kabbalah got to do with the north pole of Saturn?
Understand the basics first; ignore the NASA video. I placed it for those who can see behind the veil of that video. If you are still interested, you can start by reading what the NASA scientist wrote on that page.
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by jackdaniel(m): 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2009

For it is written, some of what one writes will fall by the wayside and the birds will come and devour them. Some of what one writes will fall on stony places and will wither away when the sun scorches them becasue they have no soil to take root in. Some will fall among thorns and be choked to death as soon as they spring up. But others will fall on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some a millionfold, and some thirty billionfold and even more, jackdaniel.
"Write!" As the Angel Gabriel said to the Prophet. And let they who have ears to hear, read it!

Buda=> A great Zen master once said we should not leave footprints of evil in this world.

And my dad has a funny saying “It is easy to give a mad man a machete, but the hard part is retrieving it”. grin

And besides I have divulged so much and i promise to divulge so much more grin if the Divine permits. Remember once, when a zen master gave a lecture and said nothing, suddenly a bird sang and he declared that the lecture was over. I guess you know the effects of the koan and satori.

“The words are but letters to world, but the Divine quickeneth understanding; the guardians of veil chooses who beholds the mysteries. When the divine permits; He who should see, shall see”. wink
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by budaatum: 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2009
jackdaniel:

Buda=> A great Zen master once said we should not leave footprints of evil in this world.

And my dad has a funny saying “It is easy to give a mad man a machete, but the hard part is retrieving it”. grin

And besides I have divulged so much. Remember once, when a zen master gave a lecture and said nothing, suddenly a bird sang and he declared that the lecture was over. I guess you know the effects of the koan and satori.

“The words are but letters to world, but the divine quickeneth understanding; the guardians of veil chooses who beholds the mysteries, when the divine permits; He who should see, shall see”. wink
Doth not wisdom cry and understanding put forth her voice?
Surely She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.
Crying at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.
Unto you, O people, she calls,  Proverbs 8

My God, Jack. You do know your Zen! Indeed even Sakyamuni, long before the First Patriarch came to the West, said:

"This that though many toils I've won
Enough! Why should I make I known,
By folk with lust and hate consumed.
Not this the Truth that can be grasped!
Against the stream of common thought,
Deep, subtle, difficult, delicate.
Unseen 'twill be by passion's slaves
Cloaked in the murk of Ignorance.

Indicating that they would not even understand if he tried to tell. But did he not meet a Great Brahma who said:

"As on a crag, on a crest of mountain standing,
A man might watch the people far below,
E'en so do thou, O Wisdom fair, ascending,
O Seer of all, the terraced heights of Truth,
Look down, from grief released, upon the nations
Sunken in grief, oppressed with birth and rage.

Arise, thou Hero! Conqueror in battle!
Thou freed from debt! Lord of the pilgrim band!
Walk the world o'er, and sublime and blessed Teacher Jackdaniel!
Teach us the Truth; there are they who will understand."

And so did the Buddha begin to teach the Dharma, which if he hadn't, would have left the world without Satori. The Koans are after all to aid the process.
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by jackdaniel(m): 10:32pm On Jul 21, 2009
Walk the world o'er, and sublime and blessed Teacher Jackdaniel!Teach us the Truth; there are they who will understand."   

buda => Almost peed on my pants laughing grin. I am not a blessed teacher, abeg bros,  i am just a seeker of the truth like you all. grin

And i hope you share your Zen insights with us, cos we are at your lotus feet to learn. We should all learn from one another; share the light and dispel darkness from our soul, lives,families,nation and the earth.

" Let us all seek the truth as She seeks us " because " We are the Ones we have been waiting for "
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by PastorAIO: 8:50am On Jul 22, 2009
Jagoon:

jackdaniel:

Jargon=> summary answers: hope you will find time to research more on it; if you are interested. I hope these answers might help. All I can offer are opinions, only you can find the truth.In summary ,its purpose is for one to “know yourself, the Divine and the architecture of creation”.(Please research more for more details)Tricky question; some people are of the opinion it has a Jewish origin (i.e given by G-d to Moses, who passed it down to the 70 elders of Israel, of whom Joshua was one of them). But I believe the kabbalah pre-dates the Jewish religion, symbols and structures of the kabbalah are found in different parts of the world.Seek and you shall find. It has always been there. I believe the truth will seek one and one will seek the truth when the soul is ready.Probably; Remember the early Christians were Jewish and  Jesus was a Jew. So probably some might have this knowledge.  During the renaissance in Europe many Christians tried to merge the kabbalah into Christianity. A notable pioneer was Pico Della Mirandola. And besides, the Catholic Church is structured on  kabbalah symbolism e.g. the design of the altar, the Trinity, Mary etc, the Jesuits priests were at the forefront of incorporating the kabbalah into Christianity e.g. Kircher the renowned German Jesuit and Egyptologist. The Christians refer to their kabbalah as Cabbalah.
Mystical powers are just by-product of spiritual attainments, most  kabbalist do not take it seriously. Some ignore it, because it can become a distraction.
Since you cannot count all the numbers in existence; you cannot master the whole kabbalah. Only the first cause(G-d) has mastered the whole kabbalah.

Understand the basics first; ignore the NASA video. I placed it for those who can see behind the veil of that video. If you are still interested, you can start by reading what the NASA scientist wrote on that page.

This seems quite comprehensive
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabbalah

While I think the term Kaballah (meaning oral tradition) was first used in the 10th century CE or thereabouts the techniques and methodology of the kaballah have been around from long before then. It seems that it is the same as the practice of the Rabbis and Pharisees and early christians. The new testament is full of it's exegetical techniques.

For example the substituting of letters for numbers to reveal (or hide) certain information. The most famous case of this is in the book of revelation where the name of the beast is given as a number (666).
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 22, 2009
jackdaniel:

I read it i still can't see any correlation between it and kabbalah
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 22, 2009
Pastor AIO:

While I think the term Kaballah (meaning oral tradition) was first used in the 10th century CE or thereabouts the techniques and methodology of the kaballah have been around from long before then. It seems that it is the same as the practice of the Rabbis and Pharisees and early christians. The new testament is full of it's exegetical techniques.
For example the substituting of letters for numbers to reveal (or hide) certain information. The most famous case of this is in the book of revelation where the name of the beast is given as a number (666).

So how come the kabbalah is hardly mentioned or taught in christianity? could it be an attempt by the founding fathers of mordern christianity[catholic church] to hide the truths from us as we already know that they have a lot hidden in the vaults of the vatican.
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by PastorAIO: 10:17am On Jul 22, 2009
Jagoon:

So how come the kabbalah is hardly mentioned or taught in christianity? could it be an attempt by the founding fathers of mordern christianity[catholic church] to hide the truths from us as we already know that they have a lot hidden in the vaults of the vatican.

I think many christian theologians do learn about it. Even if it is not explicitly called Kaballah they learn about Pardes, that is the Jewish methods of hermeneutics and exegesis. Maybe not pentecostal theologians but Catholic and Orthodox theologians learn about these methods.

It is not really for the laity. Besides it is doubtful whether the laity would be interested.
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 22, 2009
Pastor AIO:

I think many christian theologians do learn about it. Even if it is not explicitly called Kaballah they learn about Pardes, that is the Jewish methods of hermeneutics and exegesis. Maybe not pentecostal theologians but Catholic and Orthodox theologians learn about these methods.

It is not really for the laity. Besides it is doubtful whether the laity would be interested.

Is there any such thing as penecostal theologian? As most of them don't bother to study the bible very well they are more interested in forcing it to say what they want whilst claiming what they claim is "spiritual insight". Or that it is only the holy spirt that can reveal the meaning of any biblical text to you.
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by PastorAIO: 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2009
buda atum:

grin I've heard the sound of one hand clapping but I am yet to smell the sound of one Ear reading.
Re: Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry by budaatum: 11:16pm On Jul 22, 2009
Pastor AIO:

grin I've heard the sound of one hand clapping but I am yet to smell the sound of one Ear reading.
cool Perhaps you sniffing too hard? Try looking at it with one nostril Pastor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Never Use Your Name To Secure A Loan For A Man - Clergyman Warns Single Ladies / Is the gospel free or costly? . How Do You See It? / Watch This Prayer Predator And Weep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.