Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,811 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single (2430 Views)

Yahoo Plus, Handkerchief, Ritual Sex: Many Nigerian Female Students Walking Dead / How Do You Control Sexual Urge When You Are Single.? / Why Do Many Nigerian Men Woo Ladies Using English? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 04, 2016
Hello pipu,

Many of our cute naija girls are still single and the numbers are increasing. The problem is that some of them don't even know why they are single. After research and observation, here are some reasons for their predicament:

1. Snobbishness - A lot of them are snobs. They're going out and they'll just plug earpiece and wear sunshades. When a guy approaches, they'll just bone face like rambo.

2. Silly Assumptions - Many females have a habit of assuming that any guy that talks to them simply wants sex. The truth is, animals are wired to want sexual gratification but this isn't always the only reason a guy may talk to you. He may just see you as beautiful.

3. Generalization - Sadly, a lot of females have had unpleasant experiences with the male folk. As a result, they generalize and shun any male that bears any kind of resemblance or even reminds of the bad experience. This kind of generalization makes a lot of them miss their shots at happiness..no matter how many times cupid tries.

4. False Identities - A lot of naija girls like to do undercover. They'll never be truthful about anything with a guy they just met. At the end of the day, they fall for the guy and the truth pushes him away cos he can't trust her.
Some give the impression that they live around a certain measure of affluence when in fact, they have not washed the bowl they used to soak garri last night. They end up scaring off shy but eligible partners. (not every guy is a Casanova)

5. Unreal Expectations - After devouring several harlequin romance novels, girls come to meet the world expecting that guy with perfect hair and an awesome smile...deep voice and perfect body tone...christian grey typa nigga. Not saying they don't exist but there are so few of em...you'll prolly wait and die waiting.

6. Poor Ideologies - Most girls feel it is an aberration to talk to a guy...come to talk of telling him how they feel about him. There is the notion that if you make the first move, you'll be treated like trash. Here's news for you: You may still be treated like trash after the guy makes the first move. Besides, the right guy will never treat you like that regardless of who makes the first move.

...I'll Stop here for now.

Feel free to add yours

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by Strahovski1(m): 9:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
It's not bad to be single. So fvck it.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by falconey(m): 9:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
Number next : HUSBAND SCARCITY
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 04, 2016
me that's single what made me single
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by ninovandross(m): 9:16pm On Mar 04, 2016
Op dem don fall ur hand tire abi grin
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by ZenaSTORY(f): 9:18pm On Mar 04, 2016
not mee
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 04, 2016
ninovandross:
Op dem don fall ur hand tire abi grin

lol. at all ooo. but almost all the cuties I know are still claiming single
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 04, 2016
olihilistic:
me that's single what made me single

na you suppose know na.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 04, 2016
ZenaSTORY:
not mee

and what, if i may ask, is your reason?
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 04, 2016
Strahovski1:
It's not bad to be single. So fvck it.

lol. bad guy.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by ZenaSTORY(f): 9:22pm On Mar 04, 2016
samted:

and what, if i may ask, is your reason?
too young for this
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by ninovandross(m): 9:24pm On Mar 04, 2016
samted:

lol. at all ooo. but almost all the cuties I know are still claiming single
we need to consult oracle on their behalf
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by Elparaiso(m): 9:25pm On Mar 04, 2016
Mehn, Nigerian girls can snob........ unless you have what they want.

They snob because they see themselves as PRIZES for the best contestant,
Until Nigerian guys show them their place, this stvpid attitude will continue.
Awon Oniranu.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 04, 2016
ZenaSTORY:

too young for this

too young to be in a relationship? that's a first.

(is that you in ur dp?)

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by ninovandross(m): 9:25pm On Mar 04, 2016
ZenaSTORY:
not mee
na u dey ur dp
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by ZenaSTORY(f): 9:31pm On Mar 04, 2016
samted:

too young to be in a relationship? that's a first.
(is that you in ur dp?)
yes, why do u ask?
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 04, 2016
ZenaSTORY:

yes, why do u ask?

cute? yes. too young? i doubt that.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 04, 2016
Marriage isn't an achievement. ..so far we are happy with our status,we can be single as long as we want ....

The Op is hurt. ..

HUSBAND dey everywhere
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by ninovandross(m): 9:39pm On Mar 04, 2016
Sempumping:
Marriage isn't an achievement. ..so far we are happy with our status,we can be single as long as we want ....

The Op is hurt. ..

HUSBAND dey everywhere
where they at tho
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 04, 2016
Sempumping:

The Op is hurt. ..

HUSBAND dey everywhere

au contraire mon cherie, i'm not hurt.

marriage isn't an achievement...a successful marriage on the other hand, is an achievement. so is a successful relationship.

However, being single is obviously not an achievement.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2016
I have noticed one peculiar tin about ladies in my company who are over 30 nd single. They mostly live alone in places like Oniru, Lekki Ikoyi where they will never meet men thier class. Hustling guys dey yaba and gbagada
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by ZenaSTORY(f): 10:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
samted:

cute? yes. too young? i doubt that.
i have to wait till am nineteen
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by LaurelP(m): 10:10pm On Mar 04, 2016
samted:

their excuse is that they don't need a man to be happy.

Yet they are not happy without a man
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by karleone(m): 11:06pm On Mar 04, 2016
Sempumping:

The Op is hurt. ..

HUSBAND dey everywhere

Husband dey everywhere and a lady I know didn't marry until her early 50s.

@ZenaSTORY, I doff my heart for you o. Just registered today and you've gone 4hrs already on NL. You get handwork jor.
If that's you on your dp, which I don't think is, then you're so made in #Aba.

Bia Karl, wassup with you and looking for trouble dis nyt?
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by AfroKnight: 11:13pm On Mar 04, 2016
Sempumping:

The Op is hurt. ..

HUSBAND dey everywhere

I believe marriage is sweet when you find someone who values you. Many men and women have been blessed or unfortunate because of their wrong choices in spouses.

I'm still searching for that lady though. And when I find her I'd be the happiest man alive. My sister, is that not an achievement? grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by Pennsylvania: 11:23pm On Mar 04, 2016
I don't always have problems with Nigerian girls......trust me. I've got their medicine! wink
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by Nobody: 3:24am On Mar 05, 2016
If only you know how being single makes sense. No dramas, No games, No bf wahaala. I beg jare, let's hear word
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by Pennsylvania: 6:33am On Mar 05, 2016
HateU2:
If only you know how being single makes sense. No dramas, No games, No bf wahaala. I beg jare, let's hear word

Speaking of wahala, girls give it more to guys than the other way round. As much a being single is nice, it also has it's disadvantages.
Re: Reasons Why Many Nigerian Girls Are Single by Pennsylvania: 6:35am On Mar 05, 2016
samted:

baddest guy...

wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Madly In Love With Yvonne Jegede / My Fiance Wants Sex Before Marriage / D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.