Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike (23995 Views)

Why Amaechi Is Angry, Criticizes Me – Wike / "Video Of SARS Akin Fakorede Hijacking Election Results Has Vindicated Me" -Wike / APC Bribed Tribunal With N23b To Oust Me – Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by npress: 10:16am On Mar 06, 2016
AHEAD of the March 19 rerun elections in Rivers State, Governor Nyesom Wike has raised the alarm that the opposition All Progressives Congress was planning to impeach him through the State House of Assembly.

Wike said the APC plans to win the forthcoming legislative rerun in order to get the majority in the state House of Assembly and subsequently remove him as governor.

The governor further alleged that part of the opposition party’s plot was to use security agents to intimidate and arrest top members of the Peoples Democratic Party and government functionaries to pave way for rigging during the election.

Wike, who spoke during a phone-in programme at a Port Harcourt-based radio station on Saturday, vowed not to fold his hands and watch the harassment and arrest of PDP members by security agents.

The governor also said the he would be involved in the March 19 exercise and would not allow anybody to rig the state and National Assembly election.

The governor had earlier directed all PDP leaders, council chairmen and government functionaries to resist arrest by security agents based on trumped-up charges.

He said, “They (APC) want to win all the House of Assembly seats that are declared for rerun so that they can impeach me. They want me to fold my hands because I am a governor? Nobody does that. I am not a governor that will not just sit in his office.

“Do they (APC) want me as the chief security officer and one of the leaders of the PDP in this state to fold my hands when I know the strategies they have adopted? They want to arrest all PDP members, to intimidate them and put them off before the election so that they will have their way in the rerun and I said no, we cannot continue to allow that to happen.

“I am going to be involved. Nobody will rig this election and you must be popular to win this election. Rivers people must decide whom they want to vote for,” he stated.

While maintaining that PDP leaders in the state will only report to security agencies after the March 19 elections, Wike stated that the harassment of his party men and government functionaries was politically motivated.

Reacting, Rivers Publicity Secretary of the APC, Mr. Chris Finebone, assured the governor that his party was neither planning to impeach him nor to rig the state and National Assembly elections.

Finebone, who said he listened to the governor while he (Wike) spoke on radio, said, “If the governor has suddenly realised that rigging of election is not good, he should tell us that he is now a changed man because we know he rigged the last election.

“We want to assure him that we have no such plans to act in the way the governor acted in the past. However, it is uncharitable and unconscionable for the governor to make such allegations against the APC.

“We have no plan to rig the election and we have no plan to impeach him. Doing otherwise will mean playing God, which we do not do in the APC.”

On the invasion of Ogoni communities by the military, Wike pointed out that it was not necessary for the entire military to storm the area in its bid to arrest an ex-militant, Solomon Ndigbara.

He said, “If they (military) are looking for one criminal as they alleged, do you need to be in Ogoni? Ask the security agencies; I have given them all the support to make sure that we fight the issue of criminality in this state.

“If you are saying that you are looking for one Solomon and that the Solomon is a criminal; why not? But for the entire military to be in Ogoni, does that not tell you that something is fishy somewhere?”

http://www.punchng.com/apc-plotting-to-impeach-me-wike/

2 Likes

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by tsephanyah(f): 10:17am On Mar 06, 2016
have they, quite people have the loudest mine, '' The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with
the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is
thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy
when it is thinking. so think with river people, not just with yourself

2 Likes

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by wasco24: 10:44am On Mar 06, 2016
smiley
Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by babyfaceafrica: 10:53am On Mar 06, 2016
Lienus

4 Likes

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by franchizy(m): 10:55am On Mar 06, 2016
Why is Wike always spoken like an IPAD Illitracy. The same way he come to power is the same way he is afraid of.
To be plank and cincire i advice wike to went back to school becaos he always spokes like an illitracy IPAD.
I remain a PDP Supportar.

24 Likes

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by mccoy47(m): 10:59am On Mar 06, 2016
tsephanyah:
have they, quite people have the loudest mine, '' The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with

What is dis one saying

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by mccoy47(m): 11:00am On Mar 06, 2016
franchizy:
Why is Wike always spoken like an IPAD Illitracy. The same way he come to power is the same way he is afraid of.
To be plank and cincire i advice wike to went back to school becaos he always spokes like an illitracy IPAD.

I really pray and hope that this is a joke!
For real shocked

26 Likes

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by tsephanyah(f): 11:03am On Mar 06, 2016
mccoy47:

What is dis one saying
craps, I'm saying douche, Nincompoop

1 Like

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by phantom(m): 11:10am On Mar 06, 2016
Like say wike no dey sleep for night again.
Amaechi and the A PC must be giving this man nightmares.
He won at the supreme court,yet,he's still very jittery and paranoid.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by dechriscool(m): 11:10am On Mar 06, 2016
Ebube Dike,We know their antics.They are desperate to grab power since they didn't succeed using the court to nullify your election.One thing they failed to realised is.They can't rig election in a region where the indigenes of that region have aversion for their party.Our amiable governor keep on posting us with their antics while we wait for them at the pool.God bless New Rivers vision,God bless PDP,God bless federal republic of Nigeria.

18 Likes

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by todayguest(m): 11:11am On Mar 06, 2016
He might be correct. Given his office, he'd access to all information, in and around the state. Considering is doggedness and achievements so far in office. I think, it would be nearly impossible to impeach him, using state legislators. Like Amaechi, if it becomes so obvious, he would put the Assembly underlock-and-key and do the same to the courts.

13 Likes

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by PassingShot(m): 11:15am On Mar 06, 2016
Wike is a confirmed PB - Paranoid Buffoon.

16 Likes

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by phantom(m): 11:15am On Mar 06, 2016
mccoy47:

For real shocked
looks like you just registered on nairaland. Welcome!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by naijagobetter(m): 11:30am On Mar 06, 2016
phantom:
his conscience is what is hunting him for the lifes they have deleted, karma!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by ddippset(m): 11:31am On Mar 06, 2016
Wike also said on that programme 'even if they say I vê been rigging elections before and decide to change, is it good to continue what is not good?' lol. Seriously? Don't worry, Wike let apc rig this one first. After this one, everybody wil change. Okay? Wike only this one.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by dechriscool(m): 11:44am On Mar 06, 2016
phantom:
Wike is not a weakly that will loose sleep for Apc and Amaechi.He is conscienticing Rivers indigenes on the desperation of Apc.He is matching them for their antics.Remember the game is up.Solomon Ndigbara and the ogoni incidence.Recent arrest of Uche Secondus by EFFC while Jide Omokri the giver of the gift is walking a free man.Lets wait for march 19.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by ddippset(m): 12:10pm On Mar 06, 2016
dechriscool:
Wike is not a weakly that will loose sleep for Apc and Amaechi.He is conscienticing Rivers indigenes on the desperation of Apc.He is matching them for their antics.Remember the game is up.Solomon Ndigbara and the ogoni incidence.Recent arrest of Uche Secondus by EFFC while Jide Omokri the giver of the gift is walking a free man.Lets wait for march 19.
abeggi make we hear word. The only luck wike might have (I said might) is that só far in all the re-run elections conducted buhari is obviously uninterested in tampering with anything. If not wike will all his rants will just be stepped on like an ant by the federal might. Wike himself knows the potency of the federal power when mama p1ss and Joseph mbu used to carry him on their laps. People will only shout for 2 days. After tear gas and curfew Nigerians will run inside their Houses. He keeps accusing buhari here and there, he's just Lucky buhari doesn't even have his time.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by drshrewd: 12:33pm On Mar 06, 2016
Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you

As you make your bed so you shall lie on it

He that pays with pebbles will most likely have rods in return

A child that dances surugede does not know that surugede is a dance of the gods

their is reward that exact deed for all those whole violate the laws of decency

wike you are welcomed smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by ItzTun3chi(m): 1:22pm On Mar 06, 2016
Apc just trying we pdp we still own nigeria.. Baba bubu would soon know that

#ItzTun3chi grin

2 Likes

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by OLADD: 1:33pm On Mar 06, 2016
mccoy47:

For real shocked

It can't be a joke my friend. If you cast your mind back to the various crude steps taken by APC leadership to capture Rivers and Akwa Ibom States through arm twisting of DSS, police and the military, you'll definitely take substance in Wike's claim. There's nothing APC cannot do to grab power.

1 Like

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2016
tsephanyah:

franchizy:

You both should quit drugs

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by ObiOkpor(m): 1:49pm On Mar 06, 2016
Oga just shut up and do what you were selected for.

5 Likes

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by babdap: 1:52pm On Mar 06, 2016
I think pdp in rivers state need help from yaba left.

6 Likes

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by Leboska(m): 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2016
When the said they want to clean Ogoni land I never understood but now I understand.

3 Likes

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by danot1030: 1:57pm On Mar 06, 2016
I guess the incessant killing of the APC members is wike's grand plan to intimidate the opposition so pdp can win the election.

5 Likes

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by Tokety7: 2:04pm On Mar 06, 2016
Seriously if APC trully has such plans I think it's a welkom development knowing fully well that it was the same means this curse of a governor secured his seat. If they aren't then they are just being foolish.
Above all, all hands must be on deck to chased this fool away. So far, under his leadership insecurity in ruvers has gone far beyond the roof. Yet wike continues to tolerate these criminals. He has even unleashed his useless boys to the various markets in Ph to start collecting Governors perfume levy. Wike is a curse to rivers people.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by OgaSirAde(m): 2:15pm On Mar 06, 2016
This guy man an ingrate to people that brought him up in politics needs to be seriously, urgently, strongly, immediately, intensely, legaly, and strictly impeached and removed.

6 Likes

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by saasala(m): 2:40pm On Mar 06, 2016
Joke of a governor Wike is.

4 Likes

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by Joniboi(m): 2:41pm On Mar 06, 2016
Don't know how this demented fellow became Governor in the first place. If only Rivers people knew what they did to themselves by voting this 'joke' of a man.

After 4years Rivers state will be in ruins worse than how Peter Odili his 'father' left the state.

5 Likes

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by siraj1402(m): 2:41pm On Mar 06, 2016
Before nko?

2 Likes

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 06, 2016
Honest people have nothing to fear or worry about.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike by shamecurls(m): 2:42pm On Mar 06, 2016
grin grin grin

Dude is still scared........

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Inspects Areas Affected By Flood In Makurdi, Visits IDP's Camp (Photos) / Soldiers Grumble Over Unpaid July Salaries, Knock Buhari / Sit-At-Home: Travellers Trapped In South-East - Roads, Motor Parks Deserted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.