Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) (33298 Views)

Shop Of A Lady - Bread Winner, Demolished In Nnewi, Anambra As She Cries Photos / Traders At Ladipo Market In Lagos Turn Man's Car To Mobile Shop During Repair / Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by nobilie: 11:06am On Mar 09, 2016
The state will now give the place to a developer who will build a "modern market" on it. Place rent so high. The same fools will now pay millions for the shops. You will never learn.

Come to think if it, are you surprise that the market got demolished? Is it the first time? An uncle of mine had his shop destroyed after they were forced to pay for additional two years rent when he still has over a year rent running.

Think! Igbo think!

Government can always do what they want. If you have a case, go to court.

1 Like

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by tinsel: 11:07am On Mar 09, 2016
What do you people gain in spreading rumour and falsehood. What joy does it give you people.
Ladipo market is intact except a small portion of the market where two groups have been fighting and killing people over the yearS because of land dispute.
The Government has no alternative other than to take over that small portion of the market after all efforts to settle them failed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 09, 2016
donigspain:
[size=18pt]Umunna m, bring home your investments![/size]
they will not listen INdigbo claim to be intelligent but not enough to develop or built a new ladipo in the east just like the new and old moto spare parts in Nkpor and onitsha.
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by sinaj(f): 11:11am On Mar 09, 2016
timidapsin:
[size=14pt]I wonder what is going on with this country? Everything is growing worse, Government #Useless, Economy #Destroyed, Weather #Horrible, Security #GateOnly (Even my dog refused to stay outside this days) [/size]
Mostwanted7 Sinaj Ladyf modsenemy have you seen this?

Lol at ur dog cheesy

1 Like

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by BrOwnSuga3: 11:12am On Mar 09, 2016
flokii:

this is why I don't feel for you guys

just hear ursef out.. calling d people who accommodated you at their own inconvenience LAZY..

do you deserve pity atal?

First of all I am NOT Ibo.

Secondly, any Ibo person living in Lagos pays his or her rent / tax.

Don't make it sound as though everything is free to them

When you say ""accommodated you at their own inconvenience"" you make me laugh, this is pure ignorance.

8 Likes

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by bahaushe1: 11:13am On Mar 09, 2016
waiting for an informed person to comment. until than, lips sealed..
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Masterclass32: 11:15am On Mar 09, 2016
HighKing01:
I foresee a great war coming!!! Let it be known dat I warmed!!!

Something great is coming. That's for sure. But I won't stake my life that that thing is war. On the contrary, I see a great economic revival coming on in the east as many Igbos will be forced to go home, not only those in lagos but many in other parts as well.

It is destined to happen. It will happen. I hope those affected are adequately compensated.

Wishing them the fastest recovery possible.

1 Like

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by livinbygrace: 11:15am On Mar 09, 2016
StevenJay01:
when will sabo also be demolished? abi dem dey fear aboki?

I am a Yoruba,but i concur with your statement.

1 Like

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by BrOwnSuga3: 11:16am On Mar 09, 2016
kolima1067:
hope u've now seen how senseless u are

Really Tell me what I said is not true
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 09, 2016
havent heard this information anywhere, this must be one of the rumour mongering persons on this forum, doing all he can to spread hate and disaffection.

With the mayhem that occurred last week in ketu ,I dont think the lagos govt will embark on an anti people policy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Guyman02: 11:18am On Mar 09, 2016
I hope some of these guys who lost their means of livelihood wont take to violent crime in Lagos and create more problem for the society.
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 09, 2016
ONCE THEY GAVE THEM A PLACE TO RELOCATE TO AND A DEADLINE TO DO SO.NO PROBLEM..YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE VICTIMS OF THINGS LIKE THIS.
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by opribo(m): 11:20am On Mar 09, 2016
Have we not been shouting it that they should start relocating home gradually, they ignored us, some of them even waved aside that mobile phone conversation that went viral when we said it was real. Now did they shoe them an alternative place to NO, where they paying fees to local govt YES.

Please, Eastern govs create a conducive market place for them and work on opening up a sea port in the Eastern region. Enough of this nonsense
Alaba international mkt , lawanson , orile and all other market associations should join heads together. The hand writing should be clear by now that this APC is a gang up to destroy the ibos and anything concerning them.
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by flokii: 11:20am On Mar 09, 2016
BrOwnSuga3:

First of all I am NOT Ibo.

Secondly, any Ibo person living in Lagos pays his or her rent / tax.

Don't make it sound as though everything is free to them

When you say ""accommodated you at their own inconvenience"" you make me laugh, this is pure ignorance.

Ignorance.. if you say so but true to some extent

you know what I'd do as an ibo?

I would create a large facility in d East in a strategic location (like a main market) where people can trade in spare parts and other goods

you don't neee to take everything to other places.. let people come to you for them

it will open doors and more opportunities in d East

1 Like

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by BrOwnSuga3: 11:20am On Mar 09, 2016
joey150:
i think your absolutely stupid..for a billion dollars and i still wouldnt think differently..
Its not hard to see we are where we are today? Your whole mentality reeks of hate and total foolishness..such a shame!

E PAIN YOU ABI HAHAHA

You guys should learn to treat people fairly.

I have seen all the inhuman treatment being meted out to Ibo people in Lagos.

Tell your young men to do something meaningful with their lives

4 Likes

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by mediachirps(m): 11:21am On Mar 09, 2016
If any Igbo man feels he's been maltreated in another man's state/country, let him quickly repatriated to his homeland and stop complaining about being intimidated and marginalized. You can't be in another man's land and still want to have an equal rights and opportunities with the indigent of the land.

1 Like

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Guyman02: 11:21am On Mar 09, 2016
joey150:
Well there has been talk of the demolition.
So i doubt its breaking news to them.
If it is, thats quite shocking and condemnable.
Ibo's should pls stp crying fowl at every little thing.

If indeed your tired..go home and develop your various states..

Am a real ibo boy...

No Igbo boy spells his tribe as ibo only a Yoruba spells it that way.

2 Likes

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by serikiYCU(m): 11:24am On Mar 09, 2016
Hmmmmmm, dis is d same Lagos dat produces more dan 10 legislatures.

Always fear d consequence of ur action.

This is an unfortunate act dat must b investigated
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by BrOwnSuga3: 11:26am On Mar 09, 2016
flokii:

Ignorance.. if you say so but true to some extent

you know what I'd do as an ibo?

I would create a large facility in d East in a strategic location (like a main market) where people can trade in spare parts and other goods

you don't neee to take everything to other places.. let people come to you for them

it will open doors and more opportunities in d East

So you don go collect your sense from where you keep am before abi?
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by GuyfawkesAB(m): 11:27am On Mar 09, 2016
We should get our facts right before we delve into this issue.

One of the most prevalent cause of crises in most igbo-dominated market today stems from in-fighting. In Alaba Market, there's always a tussle for market leadership or a big, rich chief trying to demolish smaller shops and build a bigger plaza. In all these fights they employ thugs, even using OPC at times too.

This Ladipo issue has been on for a while now. The Monday Lawrence guy is an Igbo guy that has grown so daring. Form being commissioned to be in charge of a cemetery, to recruiting thugs into his employ and trying to gain control over large chunks of Ladipo market, he has always started fights against traders in the market. And when this happens, Law enforcement agents are brought in and the markets closed to allow sanity prevail.

The has been recurrent in Ladipo, Alaba and some other igbo-dominated markets

And then uninformed people will be quick to accuse Yorubas and the Lagos State government of selective punishment or tribalism.

Get your facts well before you throw accusations

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by emi14: 11:27am On Mar 09, 2016
That's the prophecy of lagoon. Which water is deeper than these one easterners are swimming? "Whenever a man is growing in structures his shadow border's the eyes of the envious" You may have power to destroy life and property but you can't destroy divine purpose. oshodi market yesterday, ladipo spare parts today and tomorrow maybe Alaba or trade fair. Where is the federal government? One Nigeria my people!! Satan will help you to destroy and takeaway joy from people, surely the same Satan will return for your destruction. Barbarians as executives .
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by sukkot: 11:29am On Mar 09, 2016
priscaoge:

Isn't this pure wickedness Why do people derive so much joy in causing others pains and agony? Is this a calculated plan to disrupt a particular set of people? Why midnight? Why wreak their goods? Don't let tribal hate take over Ur sense of reasoning, put Urself in their shoes. Where do they go from here? Many people will die of heart attack. The trauma of waking up to behold this wicked act can make anyone die instantly. May God save this country. Wickedness is now a new trend!
just negodu
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by joey150(m): 11:29am On Mar 09, 2016
BrOwnSuga3:

E PAIN YOU ABI HAHAHA

You guys should learn to treat people fairly.

I have seen all the inhuman treatment being meted out to Ibo people in Lagos.

Tell your young men to do something meaningful with their lives
dude am from Anambra state. And i surely dont tink like ya...and i would do anything for ma ibo brothers...and ma yoruba goons equally..go to d same ibo nd see Anambra fight imo or see one village in Enugu hating on another village in Abia..its mentality..its not really tribe..piple are just to divided..i rather trust a person via character than via tribe

6 Likes

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Bjergtrolde: 11:30am On Mar 09, 2016
donigspain:
[size=18pt]Umunna m, bring home your investments![/size]

What are they doing in Yorubaland when there is evidence that they are not wanted outside Igboland?
In the " Alhaji and Kunle" tape, the Alhaji alluded to the spate of fires in Igbo dominated businesses so it does not surprise me.
What surprises me is that there are still Igbos who still believe in the Nigerian project.

GO HOME AND DEVELOP YOUR AREA. INNOSSON IS NOT LAGOS OR ABUJA BASED!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Firstinline(m): 11:31am On Mar 09, 2016
BrOwnSuga3:
Lazy yoruba people always trying to demoralize my Ibo brothers.

But I know my Ibo brothers will come back strong.

Yoruba youths work as slaves to Ibo traders in all the markets in Lagos.

If you visit any popular market in Lagos, as soon as you alight from your car.

You'll see one dirty looking yoruba boy run up to you and start asking what you want to buy.

Follow him and you'll find out he doesn't have a shop, but he's taking you to one Ibo man shop to buy whatever you want.

At the end of the day, they are being given peanuts

Can you see the rubbish this idiot just typed. This kind of write-up only breeds hate.

For your information ur Ibo brothers have been warned several times that the place will be demolished, even Gov Ambode came himself to issue a notice of impending demolition.

At least you idiots will no longer see Lagos as "no man's land". And if e too pain u, go back to your erosion ravaged land. We no need u for Lag.

4 Likes

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by whatofyou: 11:32am On Mar 09, 2016
Is this rubbish, where the government wakes up and torments it's citizens or a section of its citizens, my country! You don't create jobs; when we struggle to keep alive, you come at night and destroy our investments. We are suffering, but we are still smiling. These fulz want to make us suffer and cry. Why?! I'm beginning to doubt the continued existence of this fabrication...
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by joey150(m): 11:33am On Mar 09, 2016
Guyman02:

No Igbo boy spells his tribe as ibo only a Yoruba spells it that way.
so thats your theory of identifying ibo's?? By who ommits the letter g? Abeg use ur own brain tink am if u really made sense there.

Btw...nwanne am a real IBO boy...onye Anambra..
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by sunday2012(m): 11:33am On Mar 09, 2016
Ops u guys comment anyhw. And many are not informed atall hav u guys forgot that lagos is a mega city everytin must be planned according to the layout a wrong cannt make a right. Ibos locating at a wrong place cannt make it a right place for them to spread their tentacles. Also they are becoming rebel to the state remeber their contributions at the l*st election. If they are wise(thou they not, bc there is different btw money and education ) they suppose to always alighned themselves wit the government in power nt to joing themselves to unseat the reigning power. Can't they learn from Dangote the man wll always support the government in power if today an ijaw man get there Dangote has become an ijaw man it is alesson for them.
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by flokii: 11:33am On Mar 09, 2016
BrOwnSuga3:

So you don go collect your sense from where you keep am before abi?

grin

no be you keep am ni? abi you sef don forget cheesy

1 Like

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by qtx(m): 11:37am On Mar 09, 2016
this is painful
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by sukkot: 11:37am On Mar 09, 2016
BrOwnSuga3:
Lazy yoruba people always trying to demoralize my Ibo brothers.

But I know my Ibo brothers will come back strong.

Yoruba youths work as slaves to Ibo traders in all the markets in Lagos.

If you visit any popular market in Lagos, as soon as you alight from your car.

You'll see one dirty looking yoruba boy run up to you and start asking what you want to buy.

Follow him and you'll find out he doesn't have a shop, but he's taking you to one Ibo man shop to buy whatever you want.

At the end of the day, they are being given peanuts
but the igbo man pays his taxes to the yoruba man so he is still the slave to the yoruba man. right ? the yoruba taxmaster just demolished the igbo mans shop right ? lmao. see how tribalism can be turned around to bite you in the ass ?

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM

4 Likes

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 09, 2016
kennyman2000:
I think its high time, the igbos go back to their state and develop their states with their biz. Trust me, customers will surely come. It'll take time though but thats better from all these unplanned loss they experience every now and then in lagos.

Obama was right afterall that Nigeria has alot of human right abuses. I wonder why would someone destroy people means of livelihood.

Didnt the govt know that, its something like this that makes people take to the streets and become arm robbers, pick pockets. Etc.

To everyone affected. I pray for a miraculous speedy recovery for everyone.

Make igbos too try to come together and see how they can move their biz to their states to prevent all these wicked acts losses.

You can check this guy thread to see how he's developing his own state.

https://www.nairaland.com/2947132/lagos-igbo-land-business-move

Are you the one that will buy something from them when they go back home.. Try to reason before commenting. So you want them to go and start business for village?? Fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20,000 Bank Accounts Closed By FG / "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains / Coronavirus: Stanbic IBTC Bank To Operate Skeletal Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.