Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) (33297 Views)

Shop Of A Lady - Bread Winner, Demolished In Nnewi, Anambra As She Cries Photos / Traders At Ladipo Market In Lagos Turn Man's Car To Mobile Shop During Repair / Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by kachnov(m): 11:39am On Mar 09, 2016
opribo:
Have we not been shouting it that they should start relocating home gradually, they ignored us, some of them even waved aside that mobile phone conversation that went viral when we said it was real. Now did they shoe them an alternative place to NO, where they paying fees to local govt YES.

Please, Eastern govs create a conducive market place for them and work on opening up a sea port in the Eastern region. Enough of this nonsense
Alaba international mkt , lawanson , orile and all other market associations should join heads together. The hand writing should be clear by now that this APC is a gang up to destroy the ibos and anything concerning them.

well said,an Eastern Seaport (Calabar, One,IBaka,Brass,etc)will open up the east to direct importation of merchandise.. that is the best way to stop all this madness.It's a shame the eastern Legislators hasn't put this together.
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by bittertruthz: 11:39am On Mar 09, 2016
timidapsin:
Another video from me shocked shocked

Watch video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR6aKAx-ZJM

mobile users can watch here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR6aKAx-ZJM

WHAT IS WRONG WITH IGBOS SELF? ARE YOU SO SPECIAL IN NIGERIA? YOU PEOPLE SHOULD STOP DIVIDING THIS COUNTRY WITH HYPOCRISY.
I saw it here on NL. upstairs, buildings and shops being demolished in Anambra and Abia. Everybody was happy and calling it a development.

why is it not development in Lagos?

somebody should read igbos hypocritic moments when shops were demolished in Aba. https://www.nairaland.com/2917207/demolition-structures-ongoing-opobo-junction-aba

2 Likes

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by lekkie073(m): 11:41am On Mar 09, 2016
Firstinline:

At least you idiots will no longer see Lagos as "no man's land". And if e too pain u, go back to your erosion ravaged land. We no need u for Lag.
U mean they should go back to the erosionalised snake-infested jungles of idemili and ihialla grin

U be wicked guy o
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by wristbangle: 11:41am On Mar 09, 2016
GuyfawkesAB:
We should get our facts right before we delve into this issue.

One of the most prevalent cause of crises in most igbo-dominated market today stems from in-fighting. In Alaba Market, there's always a tussle for market leadership or a big, rich chief trying to demolish smaller shops and build a bigger plaza. In all these fights they employ thugs, even using OPC at times too.

This Ladipo issue has been on for a while now. The Monday Lawrence guy is an Igbo guy that has grown so daring. Form being commissioned to be in charge of a cemetery, to recruiting thugs into his employ and trying to gain control over large chunks of Ladipo market, he has always started fights against traders in the market. And when this happens, Law enforcement agents are brought in and the markets closed to allow sanity prevail.

The has been recurrent in Ladipo, Alaba and some other igbo-dominated markets

And then uninformed people will be quick to accuse Yorubas and the Lagos State government of selective punishment or tribalism.

Get your facts well before you throw accusations

U are the only person that has made sense in this thread so far.

1 Like

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by hafees: 11:43am On Mar 09, 2016
Nigerians jumping into conclusion without verification! Ladipo market has not been destroyed!!!!!!!!!

The Nigerians that i know however, give them even 24 hours, they will always wait till the bulldozers come.

Nigerians respect constitutional authority and stop crying when this kind of things happen. Don't sell tomatoes on the road, dem no go hear when officials come and scatter they cry foul. Put that tomato in front of your house instead and sell, no na market or road de sell past.

We need to change our attitudes, don't build your house on sewage route, or places allocated for road, when government cme and bull doze they are wicked.

Do the right things and watch if you will not have the right to take them to court

2 Likes

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by anthonyirekpita(m): 11:43am On Mar 09, 2016
Is dis d change we voted for? God have mercy.
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by lekkie073(m): 11:44am On Mar 09, 2016
kachnov:

well said,an Eastern Seaport (Calabar, One,IBaka,Brass,etc)will open up the east to direct importation of merchandise.. that is the best way to stop all this madness.It's a shame the eastern Legislators hasn't put this together.
At the end of d day u go begin tell calabar man say na u develop the place for am.....then they will treat u d same way all tribes treat the ibos.....

Ibos r doomed I tell u cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Okemmuo(m): 11:44am On Mar 09, 2016
joey150:
Well there has been talk of the demolition.
So i doubt its breaking news to them.
If it is, thats quite shocking and condemnable.
Ibo's should pls stp crying fowl at every little thing.

If indeed your tired..go home and develop your various states..

Am a real ibo boy...

Shut up your mouth. You no nothing
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by sinola(m): 11:44am On Mar 09, 2016
GeneralShepherd:
That place is a cesspit not a market. Nevertheless, a lot of Nigerians have just lost their livelihoods

why are thety not demolishing iya sikiru and iya basira shop in some places like tejusho market and other places that they normally shit inside the shop....mtchewww
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Okemmuo(m): 11:46am On Mar 09, 2016
joey150:
Well there has been talk of the demolition.
So i doubt its breaking news to them.
If it is, thats quite shocking and condemnable.
Ibo's should pls stp crying fowl at every little thing.

If indeed your tired..go home and develop your various states..

Am a real ibo boy...

Shut up your mouth. You no nothing am sure ur still a kid..dats y ur still talkin lik one
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by joey150(m): 11:47am On Mar 09, 2016
Okemmuo:

Shut up your mouth. You no nothing
you realise everybody cant be stupid at the same time. While you are crying yoruba dis n dat..some others are working towards setting up things back home..people like me!!
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Cwhyte(m): 11:51am On Mar 09, 2016
I think it is important to note that not every part was demolished. The rightly erected buildings were not demolished.
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by lawrenzoak(m): 11:52am On Mar 09, 2016
[color=#000099][/color] Umunnaa I am seeing danger in this country a word is enough for the wise, one time my father asked me how many times will something happen to me before I learn and I answered him that I will learn from what happened to others .My brothers you should have learned from what happened in oshodi use it as case study or as a yardstick to what the present administration both state and federal they don't mean well for the Igbo and be informed that there are more wickedness coming our way from both federal and state especially Lagos state governor they will render many Igbo family useless but God will surely see you people through, my advice to my Igbo brothers go home and develop south east and south south forget Lagos ........
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Excuzeme: 11:56am On Mar 09, 2016
You Mup.pets should stop stowing ethnic tensions!

I can still remember that last year, this same "News" about Ladipo's demolition was published on Nairaland, with the same silly sentiments.

Read it here: https://www.nairaland.com/2638836/ladipo-market-finally-demolished

These traders have been given enough NOTICES, not once, not twice that the market is marked for demolition and that htye should move out.
But as usual, they decided to dare the Govt and refuse to move.
That Ladipo Market is so chaotic that it has become a "den of Robbers and spare-part thieves".

If you vehicle is bastardized and parts stolen, all you need do is go to Ladipo Market and you would likely find the stolen parts there, only you have to buy it back as "Tokunboh"! grin grin

Moreover, it is not only Ibos that are in that Market (which would be as strange as saying Ariaria Market "IN ABA" is only populated by Yorubas! shocked ), there are Hausas and Yorubas as well as a host of other minority tribes.

The problem with Ibos is that they do not want to be subordinate to the appointed "Market Head" (Babaloja or Iyaloja). To them, because they have "flooded" the market in drives, that gives them the right to "head" the Market. Its never going to happen.
The Markets in Yoruba land is an extension of the Yoruba cultural heritage and the Market Head is appointed and reports to the Oba of Lagos himself.

This is Lagos and the Lagos State Govt (and indigenes) will not be held to ransom, in implementing its developmental policies, by some whose only "weapon" is tribal/Ethnic manipulation.

-Mile 12 Market is about/speculated to be relocated! Is it because they want to also take food from the mouth of Ibos?
-Same story was being spread when Lagos Govt decided to rebuild Alaba International Market
-Same Story again reared its ugly head when Oshodi Market was being redeveloped!

-When NNPC was unbundled, it is the same #WAILING about how Ibos were not given a position when it is even obvious that there was an "IKEMEFUNA", amongst the head of one of the Sectors! Does that name sound like he is from Somali-land? angry

Abeg, make una find something else to say, everyone is tired of your Ethnic biatching!
When Ariaria Market was being demolished, we did not hear other tribes trading there shouting about "taking food from their Mouth because they are not Ibos".... or is it only in Lagos they demolish Market?

Read it here: https://www.nairaland.com/2658095/demolition-going-ariaria-intl-market#38900797

Anyone not happy in Lagos should move back to their Village, its not by force to live in Lagos!
The last time l checked, it does not have a common boundary with any part of Biafra!
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by kachnov(m): 11:57am On Mar 09, 2016
lekkie073:

At the end of d day u go begin tell calabar man say na u develop the place for am.....then they will treat u d same way all tribes treat the ibos.....

Ibos r doomed I tell u cool

grin Tinapa Lagoon order abi grin...IBOs will always thrive ma man.
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Excuzeme: 12:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
sinola:

why are thety not demolishing iya sikiru and iya basira shop in some places like tejusho market and other places that they normally shit inside the shop....mtchewww

Were you not alive when Tejuosho Market was demolished?
Its was the same #WAILING we got from the same set of people!

Anyway, Tejuosho has been rebuilt
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Bjergtrolde: 12:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
sukkot:
but the igbo man pays his taxes to the yoruba man so he is still the slave to the yoruba man. right ? the yoruba taxmaster just demolished the igbo mans shop right ? lmao. see how tribalism can be turned around to bite you in the ass ?

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM

Bro, we have done your "SAY NO TO TRIBALISM" for over 55 years but millions have been slaughtered because of their tribe and thousands are still being killed because of their tribe. Can we just move away from that bullsh*t and accept tribalism so that everyone know where the stand and can plan accordingly .
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by piagetskinner(m): 12:25pm On Mar 09, 2016
I don't understand the way this Govt reasons.... Y did they have to demolish it in the dead of the night... If not for pure wickedness
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by thecardinal(m): 12:29pm On Mar 09, 2016
mediachirps:
If any Igbo man feels he's been maltreated in another man's state/country, let him quickly repatriated to his homeland and stop complaining about being intimidated and marginalized. You can't be in another man's land and still want to have an equal rights and opportunities with the indigent of the land.
hmmmmmm. Shouldn't all Nigerians have equal rights ever where? Shouldn't a citizen of this country be afforded equal treatment from Sokoto to Shagamu?
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Chukazu: 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2016
flokii:

this is why I don't feel for you guys

just hear ursef out.. calling d people who accommodated you at their own inconvenience LAZY..

do you deserve pity atal?

you mean free accommodation or what?

1 Like

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by flokii: 12:39pm On Mar 09, 2016
Chukazu:

you mean free accommodation or what?

peaceful coexistence.. you get it now?

1 Like

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Kingspin(m): 12:41pm On Mar 09, 2016
Lagos is most accomodating state in Nigeria, tell that to the devil. Things are been cooked up over night just to destroy the country and gather selfishness. Nigeria need piece not peace. Woe to Nigeria.
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Chukazu: 12:41pm On Mar 09, 2016
kachnov:

legislators ke, what has legislation got to do with seaport?
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by mediachirps(m): 12:48pm On Mar 09, 2016
thecardinal:
hmmmmmm. Shouldn't all Nigerians have equal rights ever where? Shouldn't a citizen of this country be afforded equal treatment from Sokoto to Shagamu?
you talk as if you don't live in Nigeria or know what's going on in Nigeria?
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Chukazu: 12:50pm On Mar 09, 2016
flokii:

peaceful coexistence.. you get it now?

they are not custodians of peaceful coexistence.
other tribes and regions can equally offer such.
...and demolishing people's shop is certainly not an attribute of peace.

I was shocked to observe that markets like mile12 is an eyesore compare to ladipo, but Lagos state government keeps making life unbearable for certain group of people, how do you explain that?

1 Like

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by flokii: 12:55pm On Mar 09, 2016
Chukazu:

they are not custodians of peaceful coexistence.
other tribes and regions can equally offer such.
...and demolishing people's shop is certainly not an attribute of peace.

I was shocked to observe that markets like mile12 is an eyesore compare to ladipo, but Lagos state government keeps making life unbearable for certain group of people, how do you explain that?

buh it's not only igbos that are there in Ladipo nw..

we have yorubas too and other tribes

it's not like d persecution you guys are trying to paint it ..

tho. I condemn it .. it's very bad

not even at such hour 3:00Am... I expect an explanation from d govt
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Btruth: 12:59pm On Mar 09, 2016
kennyman2000:
I think its high time, the igbos go back to their state and develop their states with their biz. Trust me, customers will surely come. It'll take time though but thats better from all these unplanned loss they experience every now and then in lagos.

Obama was right afterall that Nigeria has alot of human right abuses. I wonder why would someone destroy people means of livelihood.

Didnt the govt know that, its something like this that makes people take to the streets and become arm robbers, pick pockets. Etc.

To everyone affected. I pray for a miraculous speedy recovery for everyone.

Make igbos too try to come together and see how they can move their biz to their states to prevent all these wicked acts losses.

You can check this guy thread to see how he's developing his own state.

https://www.nairaland.com/2947132/lagos-igbo-land-business-move
I'm sincerely sorry about this. But as you said, I think there's no where the ibo settle down to with their spare part business, that it will not sell. I remember when I was looking for a particular part on a truck years back, that I have to travelled to Onitsha, and Warri, when I cannot find it in Lagos.
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by tayooluwole: 1:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
wiloy2k8:

most especially igbos .... 95%

Agree, It affected ibos majorly but d demolish was not intended to punish any tribe but for d betterment of lagos state. Eko oni baje !!!
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Owode1: 1:02pm On Mar 09, 2016
IT WILL NEVER BE WELL WITH THOSE BEHIND THIS KIND OF WICKEDNESS.
GOD WILL SURELY VISIT THEM WITH HIS WRATH.
MAY NOTTING GOOD HAPPEN TO THEM AND THEIR GENERATION.
THEIR OWN LIVES AND BUSINESSES WILL EQUALLY BE DEMOLISHED IN LIKE MANNER.
THEIR HATRED AND ENVY WILL KILL THEM.
AND MAY THEY WRATH IN THE HOTTEST PART OF HELL FIRE!
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by Donclaracuzo: 1:15pm On Mar 09, 2016
flokii:

Ignorance.. if you say so but true to some extent

you know what I'd do as an ibo?

I would create a large facility in d East in a strategic location (like a main market) where people can trade in spare parts and other goods
you don't neee to take everything to other places.. let people come to you for them

it will open doors and more opportunities in d East
Think about about proximity, cost of hauling those containised goods to that main market and risk involve in it. What I think south east/south south should press is for the govt to change those policies affecting the importation of goods via those sea ports
within that region. If it does happen, I don't think great number of importers will still be using the Lagos route. Those within the old eastern region and nearby neighbors will have reason to shout "Uhuru". The country is being runed to take a certain region as their subject and as a conquered people.
Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by kachnov(m): 1:16pm On Mar 09, 2016
Chukazu:

legislators ke, what has legislation got to do with seaport?

Alright let me enlighten you...
1.There are 3 arms of government(Legislative, Executive and Judiciary)
1b.By Legislative we mean The NASs and The Senate.
2.Laws are proposed and passed by the legislative.
3.A bill proposal to create a seaport in the east or upgrade existing ones can be sponsored by an Eastern Legislator.
4.If approved by the Aye's having it,then
5.Voilà... An Eastern Seaport is Born.

Alternatively before quoting someone ...use google to clarify grey areas.Be smart..don't only use a smartphone.
have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) by flokii: 1:19pm On Mar 09, 2016
Donclaracuzo:

Think about about proximity, cost of hauling those containised goods to that main market and risk involve in it. What I think south east/south south should press is for the govt to change those policies affecting the importation of goods via those sea ports
within that region. If it does happen, I don't think great number of importers will still be using the Lagos route. Those within the old eastern region and nearby neighbors will have reason to shout "Uhuru". The country is being runed to take a certain region as their subject and as a conquered people.

Hmmm!

strong words with deep thoughts

well said too.. I hope we find a long lasting solution to all these

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Freshcvvs's Punting Journal To $50-$100 consistent profit (Updated) / 20,000 Bank Accounts Closed By FG / "We Are Abusing The Word CEO" - Nigerian Woman Explains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.