Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,866 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

The Atheists Test - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Atheists Test (19624 Views)

Dear Christians, Doesn't The Front Page Prove The Atheists Point? / What Will The Atheists Say After The Rapture? / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Atheists Test by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:15am On Mar 11, 2016
johnydon22:

Read your bible you no gree ValentineMary was so correct..

Psalm 78:26 He caused the east wind to blow in the heavens And by His power
He directed the south wind.
That is the bible attributing wind to a deity grin

And thousand other examples... The bible also attributed the rainbow to a deity grin But the fuc_k we know rainbows are as a result of refraction of sunlight..

For goodness sake these ancient men just like the young ValentineMary pointed just used these explanations to make sense out of the cosmos to sate their ignorance.

its noble but it is naive we know better now..

This is a non sequitur to what I posted .

God has control over nature tho

"God did it" is never an answer that should be employed as a placeholder for scientific ignorance..

If you are only going to place "god" only where our study lacks knowledge yet then just like the breakthroughs of science has always removed "god did it" from our knowledge like VM pointed out you'll find that "God" will always get smaller and ever receding in the face of scientific knowledge.

That man do not know how anything started is a called for study and that is science

Again , science assumes . Only if you have a video or images of how the events took place to prove such assumptions happened

"God it" anyway .

In the same vein , "evolution did it " can be described as ignorance because such has not been observed cool - macro-evolution off course
Re: The Atheists Test by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:21am On Mar 11, 2016
johnydon22:

Hahahahahaha you should look closely...grin

Using because man created robots to assert man must be created is a claim and a nonsensical one for that matter.

Plastic flowers are not evidence that biological flowers are designed no not at all, man derive inspiration in nature.

Nature has the ability to replicated to form complex chains and unlike robots or plastic flowers biological organisms develop from one single cell and replicate into a complex multi cellular entity.

This is natural process... Simple no assembly line is needed for it..

You need to find somewhere else to put your god grin

All I see is circumlocution

Again , I ask you how did natural processes derive the propensity for their functionalities ? Artificial processes in computing are designed to run on their own and produce results ON THEIR OWN .

How did artificial processes derive those capabilities and tendencies ? Made by man

How did natural processes derive those capabilities and tendencies ?

This is getting awfully embarrassing - as a comp scientist I am now embarrassed for you lipsrsealed
Re: The Atheists Test by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:36am On Mar 11, 2016
johnydon22:

Read your bible you no gree ValentineMary was so correct..

Psalm 78:26 He caused the east wind to blow in the heavens And by His power
He directed the south wind.
That is the bible attributing wind to a deity grin

And thousand other examples... The bible also attributed the rainbow to a deity grin But the fuc_k we know rainbows are as a result of refraction of sunlight..

Psalm 78: 25-27

25 Man did eat the bread of angels; He sent them food in abundance. 26He caused the east wind to blow in the heavens And by His power He directed the south wind. 27When He rained meat upon them like the dust, Even winged fowl like the sand of the seas

The full story above is describing how God sent quails - birds which cant fly with the south wind because its too moist and heavy for them - and bread to the camp of Israel during their sojourn through the wilderness after they complained of hunger .

Did you see why I said your response is a non sequitur

Again , God has control over nature
Re: The Atheists Test by malvisguy212: 8:39am On Mar 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Winner01 ... apparently bro , atheists like johndon22 flounder terribly in their attempt to understand the eternal nature of a supreme being . Again , Energy is eternal but they dont question how its properties were derived .

Do you see how irrational they are ? This is becoming fun cool

These bunch of circus clowns need to understand the Logic of God and Everything .... EVERYTHING
true talk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Test by ValentineMary(m): 8:57am On Mar 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Stop the assumption . There were even atheists during that time . The bible also talked about strong winds and did not attribute such to a deity

Science assumes when it comes to the origin /genesis of the universe
Yes there were freethinkers then who when they tried to enlighten the ignorant masses were killed. Remember Galileo

And yes science makes assumptions based on observation. But religion claims it has fact based on what

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Test by Tellemall: 9:05am On Mar 11, 2016
johnydon22:

..I was arguing with someone who was using the bible as his basis, if he used the Quran it get same thing..

OK. Don't let me spoil your fun.

All the best in the argument. Neither of you will change your views, so why bother arguing? Why not just keep your respective views to yourselves?
Re: The Atheists Test by bxcode(m): 9:25am On Mar 11, 2016
johnydon22:

Hahahahaha i am not paid to teach anyone science in this age of information. ... You may as well help yourself here www.google.com

Scientific thesis are not my dogma rather is a product of human learning you can go study them if you like to..
Do you know what evasive tactics is called in dialogues?
You sound really really really confused and weird undecided.... sorry to say that, no hard feelings.
Paid to teach anyone science? Smh. Are we doing instructional learning here or having dialogue based on our different philosophical sense of comprehension?
If you can't gimme instances to back up your so called intellectual way of thinking without telling me to go and read them, then where does that leave you on the scale of intelligence. I asked you to give me any observable evidence that supports your claims without me having to receive it by faith ie something that happened billions of years ago, which made you believe in evolution and all the other theories that oppose God's existence, you simply referred me to google. Sir, if you were to be on a live tv having a chat over this dialogue what will you look like on front of the whole viewing audience with your response? Awesomely intellectual?
Mr jonydon22, you know that God exists deep down inside you, am 100% sure of that, you can manoeuvre around others with your claims but not with me bro, the only thing I can't place a lid on is why you have choosen to suppress the profound truth about God's existence. Where did it all go wrong for you?

1 Like

Re: The Atheists Test by bxcode(m): 9:27am On Mar 11, 2016
ValentineMary:

Yes there were freethinkers then who when they tried to enlighten the ignorant masses were killed. Remember Galileo

And yes science makes assumptions based on observation. But religion claims it has fact based on what
What observations if I may ask? Point it out clearly with succinct examples.
Re: The Atheists Test by bxcode(m): 9:45am On Mar 11, 2016
Weah96:

God is a HE? Did the beginning of the universe speak to you and reveal this information?

The identity of God is what is under discussion, not that it exists. I say God is the thing that we all came from, the beginning of the universe. You agree and add some new information. You claim that it SPEAKS to humans.

That claim if it's true, represents the BIGGEST MAGIC in all recorded history. You don't make that kind of claim and then go to work or take your pikin to school. School and work become meaningless if you can talk to the beginning of the universe.
Oh my word, sir You haven't yet figured out billions of secrets scattered throughout the universe, you can't even make a grain of sand with your so called intellectually modified sense of reasoning, neither can any scientist in this world, our peanut brain is highly fallible to say the least and yet you want to unravel God's identity? How dumb can you get and still breathe? undecided
Nobody, no matter the persons belief can unravel God fully, he is a spirit and we are humans.
He is God and you are not, so quit being arrogant about knowing him, if you want to know him accept that you are confused in humility and seek him, he will reveal himself to you in a language that only you will understand because he said in his words that if you seek him diligently you will find him.
Well, whether you choose to accept it or not we all are still gonna stand before him someday sometime, I hope for your sake you have come to accept that he is in humility before that day. Nice day ahead.
Re: The Atheists Test by johnydon22(m): 10:00am On Mar 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This is a non sequitur to what I posted .

God has control over nature tho

Puhahahahahahahahahaha **faints** You asserted the bible mentioned strong winds but didn't attribute them to a deity and heck you have been shown you don't even read your own bible..

The bible just like other naive ancient works that are products of human intelligence of that era attributed phenomenons they couldn't grasp ...

its noble poetry but seriously still naive.. The sumerians did better, they recorded accurately the orbit of Jupiter thousands of years before any other canaanite civilization emerged.

that's quite impressive if you ask me ..

Again , science assumes . Only if you have a video or images of how the events took place to prove such assumptions happened

Oh we have thousands of IMAGES and videos, thousands of telescopes in orbit and observatories peering into deep space and microscopes peering into the Quantum world.

Science is Observation. . .

Georges Lamitre a catholic priest was the first to propound the Hypothesis of a Big Bang when he explained the universe was expanding and the point when the expansion began is known as the Big Bang.

Many years later it was a confirmed fact by the Young Edwin Hubble using the Mount Wilson observatory confirmed the expansion of the universe.

Even Newton and Einstein thought the universe was static before then until proven otherwise..

In science falsified hypothesis are discarded as bogus in favour of a more substantiative truth.

Not stuck on to as a dogma ....

"God it" anyway .

In the same vein , "evolution did it " can be described as ignorance because such has not been observed cool - macro-evolution off course

Hahahahahaha "God did it" will always be receding in the face of scientific truths, even some Christian sects has modified their doctrines to reconcile with evolution.
grin grin even when i an atheist is still maintaining an "agnostic" stance as regards evolution and giving time for more studies and observations to be made the Christian sects already agreed with it..

doesn't that tell you something? wink

Evolution didn't do it anyway, evolution is a process not a source grin it's just development grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Atheists Test by johnydon22(m): 10:05am On Mar 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

All I see is circumlocution

Again , I ask you how did natural processes derive the propensity for their functionalities ? Artificial processes in computing are designed to run on their own and produce results ON THEIR OWN .

How did artificial processes derive those capabilities and tendencies ? Made by man

How did natural processes derive those capabilities and tendencies ?

This is getting awfully embarrassing - as a comp scientist I am now embarrassed for you lipsrsealed

And we forgot artificial processes as works of man are driven from the inspiration of natural process.

I have explained this before ... We call them strings, the most fundamental particle of nature.. Distinct levels of natural elements possess distinct vibration of strings and so there must be a chaotic reaction when these distinct tunes comes in contact...grin

Check the names..

ARTIFICIAL PROCESS -

NATURAL PROCESS- Self sustaining and replicating...

Oh the difference is so so clear... Nature is not a computer programme at all..

As a computer scientist...Hahahahahaha you are not a physicist sir you should be ashamed for yourself rather grin grin

Nature and Computer are not same.. Physics not computer science explains nature wink

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Atheists Test by Shollyps(m): 10:10am On Mar 11, 2016
bxcode:

Do you know what evasive tactics is called in dialogues?
You sound really really really confused and weird undecided.... sorry to say that, no hard feelings.
Paid to teach anyone science? Smh. Are we doing instructional learning here or having dialogue based on our different philosophical sense of comprehension?
If you can't gimme instances to back up your so called intellectual way of thinking without telling me to go and read them, then where does that leave you on the scale of intelligence. I asked you to give me any observable evidence that supports your claims without me having to receive it by faith ie something that happened billions of years ago, which made you believe in evolution and all the other theories that oppose God's existence, you simply referred me to google. Sir, if you were to be on a live tv having a chat over this dialogue what will you look like on front of the whole viewing audience with your response? Awesomely intellectual?
Mr jonydon22, you know that God exists deep down inside you, am 100% sure of that, you can manoeuvre around others with your claims but not with me bro, the only thing I can't place a lid on is why you have choosen to suppress the profound truth about God's existence. Where did it all go wrong for you?
why do you theist like dragging people down your mess..telling atheist ..you know deep down inside you DAT god exist?...does that make sense to you?
its like me telling you ..you know deep down inside you that god doesn't exist..but you just keep on believing because of fear or indoctrination
...atheist don't believe in gods existence... is that too hard for you to comprehend?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Atheists Test by johnydon22(m): 10:10am On Mar 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Psalm 78: 25-27

The full story above is describing how God sent quails - birds which cant fly with the south wind because its too moist and heavy for them - and bread to the camp of Israel during their sojourn through the wilderness after they complained of hunger .

Did you see why I said your response is a non sequitur

Again , God has control over nature

Exactly "God caused the winds" grin grin that was the point just like the romans also thought God (neptune) was responsible.. Now we know totally no humanoid freak is needed for that.

The bible also thinks that Rainbow was never there before but was a reminder for an all knowing deity cheesy

That is totally wrong... As long as light passes through a prism it must disperse in different spectrums... it was not a reminder for any deity not at all just a refraction of sunlight by the atmosphere grin

The ancients used these naive ideas to fill the gap left by their ignorance of the world they lived in.

Oh yes every God has control over nature, Only in their religious books grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Atheists Test by Tellemall: 10:12am On Mar 11, 2016
johnydon22:

..I was arguing with someone who was using the bible as his basis, if he used the Quran it get same thing..

All the best arguing.

Although, if you both know neither of you will change your opinion, what's the point of arguing? Proving superiority does nothing in the end.
Re: The Atheists Test by johnydon22(m): 10:15am On Mar 11, 2016
Tellemall:

OK. Don't let me spoil your fun.

All the best in the argument. Neither of you will change your views, so why bother arguing? Why not just keep your respective views to yourselves?

Agree with me brother that we were on our own when they opened this thread and called us in.

I was actually mentioned ... There is a thin line between Belief and Science.

Everyone has the right to have a belief that is a basic human right and i can fight for anyone to have that right but once someone pushes their belief as truth in public without evidence that person is a fraud and a stumbling block to human intellectual development.

One can believe anything but it still does not enter into the corners of science drawing board until you can pull out even a bit of a mathematical proof..

Belief is never same as knowledge when it comes to FACTS belief is not needed because it is certain.

Well i'll take your advice and leave the thread though let me just have a bit of fun... thank you and all the best..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Atheists Test by Shollyps(m): 10:15am On Mar 11, 2016
bxcode:

Oh my word, sir You haven't yet figured out billions of secrets scattered throughout the universe, you can't even make a grain of sand with your so called intellectually modified sense of reasoning, neither can any scientist in this world, our peanut brain is highly fallible to say the least and yet you want to unravel God's identity? How dumb can you get and still breathe? undecided
Nobody, no matter the persons belief can unravel God fully, he is a spirit and we are humans.
He is God and you are not, so quit being arrogant about knowing him, if you want to know him accept that you are confused in humility and seek him, he will reveal himself to you in a language that only you will understand because he said in his words that if you seek him diligently you will find him.
Well, whether you choose to accept it or not we all are still gonna stand before him someday sometime, I hope for your sake you have come to accept that he is in humility before that day. Nice day ahead.
yea...billions of people will stand before him to give account of wat they av done on earth... your God must be a jobless god...he should look for a better thing to do.

why should we accept him shev?..wat changes will it bring to our life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Test by Tellemall: 10:15am On Mar 11, 2016
johnydon22:

Exactly "God caused the winds" grin grin that was the point just like the romans also thought God (neptune) was responsible.. Now we know totally no humanoid freak is needed for that.

The bible also thinks that Rainbow was never there before but was a reminder for an all knowing deity cheesy

That is totally wrong... As long as light passes through a prism it must disperse in different spectrums... it was not a reminder for any deity not at all just a refraction of sunlight by the atmosphere grin

The ancients used these naive ideas to fill the gap left by their ignorance of the world they lived in.

Oh yes every God has control over nature, Only in their religious books grin

I particularly don't like it when atheists try to use science as a back up. There is so much in science that you believe that has never been proved, has no evidence and never will have evidence.
Re: The Atheists Test by Tellemall: 10:17am On Mar 11, 2016
Shollyps:
yea...billions of people will stand before him to give account of wat they av done on earth... your God must be a jobless god...he should look for a better thing to do.

why should we accept him shev?..wat changes will it bring to our life

That's the job of God. You don't know his job specs, so don't term Him jobless.

If I were in my fanatical mode I'd term that a blasphemy.
Re: The Atheists Test by johnydon22(m): 10:20am On Mar 11, 2016
Tellemall:

All the best arguing.

Although, if you both know neither of you will change your opinion, what's the point of arguing? Proving superiority does nothing in the end.

You are correct my brother and i am not here to prove or claim superiority.

In fact i am one of those that maintain "I do not know" i am only against the use of unsubstantiated superstition as a placeholder for scientific ignorance.

Science is simply put the Philosophy of Nature and utilizes study and observations to make truthful approximations of observed facts without at any point claiming absolute truth has been reached.

If one wants to know about nature and the cosmos we live in and you go to ancient religious books surely you've got the wrong answer.

Yes everyone has the right to believe what they want but passing it as absolute truth is preposterous.

There will come a time when we will marvel at this era when scientific facts are denied just to uphold personal belief systems.

All the best my boss... Thank you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Atheists Test by Tellemall: 10:21am On Mar 11, 2016
johnydon22:

Agree with me brother that we were on our own when they opened this thread and called us in.

I was actually mentioned ... There is a thin line between Belief and Science.

Everyone has the right to have a belief that is a basic human right and i can fight for anyone to have that right but once someone pushes their belief as truth in public without evidence that person is a fraud and a stumbling block to human intellectual development.

One can believe anything but it still does not enter into the corners of science drawing board until you can pull out even a bit of a mathematical proof..

Belief is never same as knowledge when it comes to FACTS belief is not needed because it is certain.

Well i'll take your advice and leave the thread though let me just have a bit of fun... thank you and all the best..

Sorry that you were called in. Don't bother yourself too much about what people believe in. Belief is something ingrained in people. The end justifies the belief.
Re: The Atheists Test by johnydon22(m): 10:25am On Mar 11, 2016
Tellemall:

I particularly don't like it when atheists try to use science as a back up. There is so much in science that you believe that has never been proved, has no evidence and never will have evidence.

Not all atheists subscribe to scientific thesis we have atheists that are also superstitious even.

Science is the modern way of truth deduction, and science is not a dogma rather a means of truthful deductions through observations and study of facts.

Who ever uses science as a dogma and not as a product of human enquiry is going about it wrong.

And any thesis that is falsified in science is discarded as complete bogus, any thesis that is unsubstantiated is regarded as a mere hypothesis and no scientist will ever claim it is a truth.

So that is it... I saw no scientist maintaining the Higgs Boson particle was an absolute truth until it was proven.

Now it is a proven fact.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Test by johnydon22(m): 10:30am On Mar 11, 2016
Tellemall:

Sorry that you were called in. Don't bother yourself too much about what people believe in. Belief is something ingrained in people. The end justifies the belief.

Thank you sir i am inclined to agree.. People believe different things for different reasons that is ok.

I am only one of those that discard belief and maintain "we need to find things out" and not believe any assumptions that comes to mind.

Our progress should be judged by the quality of our questions and the depth of our answers and our ability to agree with what is true rather than what feels good to believe.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Atheists Test by johnydon22(m): 10:33am On Mar 11, 2016
Shollyps:
why do you theist like dragging people down your mess..telling atheist ..you know deep down inside you DAT god exist?...does that make sense to you?
its like me telling you ..you know deep down inside you that god doesn't exist..but you just keep on believing because of fear or indoctrination
...atheist don't believe in gods existence... is that too hard for you to comprehend?

That's why i ignored it.. Some posts aren't worthy of my attention

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Test by Shollyps(m): 10:38am On Mar 11, 2016
Tellemall:

term it anything you like.... but remember to tell him he should look for better things to do...
Re: The Atheists Test by bxcode(m): 10:38am On Mar 11, 2016
Shollyps:
Do you know what's called a whistle blower?
You can't deny it bro, you can do a good job of defending yourself, blasting me and I may not even convince you but that dosent change the truth. There is a God in heaven and he created you and gave you life, period. No big dealsmiley
By the way I think your moniker is cool cool
Re: The Atheists Test by bxcode(m): 10:41am On Mar 11, 2016
Tellemall:

Lol @fanatical mode.

1 Like

Re: The Atheists Test by Shollyps(m): 10:41am On Mar 11, 2016
johnydon22:

That's why i ignored it.. Some posts aren't worthy of my attention
lol...I swear!....

but I hate to read silly things n pass by without commenting... since I no get work again... exam is over...am back on nairaland...lol
Re: The Atheists Test by Tellemall: 10:42am On Mar 11, 2016
Shollyps:
term it anything you like.... but remember to tell him he should look for better things to do...

Tell him yourself. He saw what you typed. He knows all. Speak and He will hear.
Re: The Atheists Test by Tellemall: 10:44am On Mar 11, 2016
bxcode:

Lol @fanatical mode.

Yes, bxcode. It's a switch. When I'm hot about it, I'm hot. And topics like this, I'm smiling at the disbelief. smiley

But you ehn, free them na. Allow them to rest. They'll need the energy for those hot days.
Re: The Atheists Test by Shollyps(m): 10:50am On Mar 11, 2016
bxcode:

Do you know what's called a whistle blower?
You can't deny it bro, you can do a good job of defending yourself, blasting me and I may not even convince you but that dosent change the truth. There is a God in heaven and he created you and gave you life, period. No big dealsmiley
By the way I think your moniker is cool cool
its just your own assumption that there is god in heaven...bla bla bla...it doesn't make it to be truth. .not even close

it doesn't change my stance

Lol...thanks
but hope you know the meaning of my moniker?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Test by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:53am On Mar 11, 2016
johnydon22:

And we forgot artificial processes as works of man are driven from the inspiration of natural process.

I have explained this before ... We call them strings, the most fundamental particle of nature.. Distinct levels of natural elements possess distinct vibration of strings and so there must be a chaotic reaction when these distinct tunes comes in contact...grin

Check the names..

ARTIFICIAL PROCESS -

NATURAL PROCESS- Self sustaining and replicating...

Oh the difference is so so clear... Nature is not a computer programme at all..

As a computer scientist...Hahahahahaha you are not a physicist sir you should be ashamed for yourself rather grin grin

Nature and Computer are not same.. Physics not computer science explains nature wink

Ok ... I accept ... How did they derive the propensity to be " self sustaining and replicating"

undecided
Re: The Atheists Test by johnydon22(m): 11:56am On Mar 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Ok ... I accept ... How did they derive the propensity to be " self sustaining and replicating"

undecided

WTF ... Read up that string explanation again.... smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? / Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures? / 6 Ways Ministers Of God Can Avoid Scandals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.