Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,541 members, 7,827,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout (45413 Views)

FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates / FG Apologises To South-east For Fulani Herdsmen Attacks. / FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout, Blames Gas Shortage and Vandals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by 9jatatafo(m): 8:52pm On Mar 11, 2016
All na wash
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by uboma(m): 8:54pm On Mar 11, 2016
ladyF:
lol thank you! grin David, is that too much to ask? kiss

You are welcome.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by tuscani: 8:54pm On Mar 11, 2016
Apologise to GEJ and all those that had faith in you. Please count me out of the apology because I already know what this government is all about
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by spafu(m): 8:55pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ephemmm:
To all wailers ascribing polio success to GEJ in the morning, hope you remember that epileptic power supply is one of the legacies the ogogoro drunkard left behind?

Agbaya! And when there was stability in power supply in the early days of Buhari, you guys called it "Body language" But now that your gay cattle rearing president has spoilt the all system, you now remember the admonition of Liar Mohammad: "neighbour, have you blamed Jonathan today?"

1 Like

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by psalmsjob: 9:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dharniel:
it is now a bit comforting that the federal government has duly apologised for their inability to live up to their promise as regarding the power sector, but my plea now is for there to be a general sensitisation to all PHCN field workers as concerning their irrational behaviour towards their job.
it can be very annoying when you see a PHCN official threatening to cut off my power supply from the main cable just because I haven't paid for just a month. threatening me like he is unaware of the nationwide black out, like he is not even a Nigerian. I'm just saying this because the next headline you will all see next on NL will be "PHCN official stabbed by an angry Nigerian over electricity hassle"...
I've said my bit.
...and a little while later we shall see another headline reading; "The angry Nigerian Who Stabbed a PHCN official over electricity hassle Sentenced to time in Kirikiri maximum prison with hard labour in a cell without electricity"...he's now saying his bit to inmates.

Take ham jeje my brother...man shall not live by PHCN electricity alone...Energy is to be used positively for best result.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by banme1(m): 9:02pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ephemmm:

A govt apologizing for something I knew it didn't cause. This is change I voted for unlike the clueless one who keeps deceiving Nigerians for six years with empty promises despite availability of resources to curb this lack of power supply (the price of crude oil still at its peak coupled with enough reserves)

Ride on Mr President: God will back you up as you are planning to take Nigeria to a greater height.
zombie spotted
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by masseratti: 9:05pm On Mar 11, 2016
BedLam:
Your English. I'm done.
lol.....good lord am typing with a phone av never used b4....choi...thanks sha.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Cityguy: 9:07pm On Mar 11, 2016
Awon oniranu. Shior! undecided
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Tinyemeka(m): 9:15pm On Mar 11, 2016
They've blamed NNPC, blamed pipelines, blamed the petroleum workers, oil workers, palm wine tappers, including the old mama on the street. I find it extremely shocking that GEJ wasn't blamed here. undecided

Blamocracy is all I see. Govt of the blamers, by the blamers and for the blamers.

In the words of DJ Khaled,

All they do is blame, blame, blame no matter what/
Got blaming on their minds/
They can never give it up/
Cos everytime Lai steps up in the building/
Everybody's ears go up!
And the blames fly/
And the lies fly/
And they stay there/
Up down up down up down/
Cos all they do is blame! Blame! Blame!
Got blaming on they minds/
They can never give it up and they stay there!!!

Keep it up.

Chief Lai has now discovered that he can't utter a word without involuntarily including one false blame or the other, hence this unusual decision to issue this flimsy excuses through an assistant. Power has now changed hands. Likewise the title ownership of the Clueless Commander of the Federal Republic CCFR.

1 Like

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Sajio(m): 9:18pm On Mar 11, 2016
Thought they said they know better?? why same story as that of the past Government? they(APChit) criticized blindly and now facing reality!! I pray God help Nigerians cos the Difference is Clear.......! Gej ma Hero.... I miss u,Never in ur time did they sell fuel for N170 per litter. you'v been vindicated and God bless yo anywhere u are!!

2 Likes

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by excel101(m): 9:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
eluquenson:
The federal government has apologised to Nigerians for the persistent power failures, blaming the situation on gas failure as well as sabotage and vandalisation of power infrastructure.

According to a statement issued in Abuja on Friday by Segun Adeyemi, special adviser to Lai Mohammed, minister of information and culture, the government said that all efforts were being made to rectify the situation and ensure a gradual improvement in the power situation.

“There will be a decent improvement in the power situation from this weekend, thanks to ongoing remedial efforts that will double the current power supply to 4,000WM. Getting back to the 5,074MW all-time high that was reached earlier will take a few more weeks,” Mohammed said.

The minister said that at a time the routine maintenance by the Nigeria Gas Company had affected the supply of gas to power stations, forcing down power supply from an all-time high of 5,074 MW to about 4,000MW, a combination of unsavoury incidents further crashed the power supply to about half that figure.

“The vandalisation of the Forcados export pipelines forced oil companies to shut down, making it impossible for them to produce gas. Then, workers at the Ikeja DISCOS, who were protesting the disengagement of some of their colleagues after they failed the company’s competency test, apparently colluded with the National Transmission Station in Osogbo to shut down transmission,” he explained.

“Finally, the unfortunate strike by the unions at the NNPC, over the restructuring of the corporation, shut down the Itarogun power station, the biggest in the country. Due to these factors, only 13 out of the 24 power stations in the country are currently functioning. It is this same kind of unsavoury situation that has affected fuel supply and subjected Nigerians to untold hardship.”

The minister condemned the situation in which some Nigerians, under the guise of the various unions in the oil and gas sector or sheer vandalisation, would continuously sabotage the country’s power infrastructure.

“The bitter truth is that for as long as these groups of Nigerians continue to sabotage the power infrastructure, Nigerians cannot enjoy a decent level of power supply. We therefore admonish all Nigerians who may be agitating for their rights in whatever form to refrain from any action that will further hurt the same people they claim to be protecting,” he added.

During the week, Femi Adesina, presidential spokesman, had blamed Nigerians for sabotaging power infrastructure.

“On the issue of power, it seems Nigerians are their own problems. You can recall about four weeks ago, the power ministry came out to say that the megawatts we had was 5070, which is an all-time high in 16 years,” he said.

“A few days after, some people blew installations in Bayelsa, we lost about 1600 megawatts immediately. After that, installation was blown in Delta and we lost another 1,000 megawatts. What would the government do in that kind of circumstance?

“If the people who should be provided power are the ones sabotaging installations, they can’t turn round to say government is not providing power. Nigerians need to determine what they want. If South Africa has about 50,000 megawatts, it is because their own people are not sabotaging their installations, they are not going to blow up the lines. If Nigerians continue to blow up and sabotage, then they can’t come around to say that there is no power.”

Source
lie lie Muhammed you know all this impediments, but your party APC, was busy criticizing GEJ's Govt. What do you want Nigerians to do now, praise you? You better go and restore power. No excuses.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by excel101(m): 9:32pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dahveydson:
This is first of its kind. No?

Even though some will say, na apology we go chop?

It shows a sense of responsibility on the part of the government. They've apologised and promised that things will improve from this weekend, we can only hope it does.
We don't want conditional promises, they should restore power, period. Do they expect us to be monitoring the vandals, no excuses for failure. We're not after the megawatts they are talking about, all we need is electricity.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by djkirkoo2(m): 9:33pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dahveydson:
This is first of its kind. No?

Even though some will say, na apology we go chop?

It shows a sense of responsibility on the part of the government. They've apologised and promised that things will improve from this weekend, we can only hope it does.
Please and abeg close your smelly teeth and stop spewing trash. You nor get shame at all. Tahhhhh
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by kokomilala(m): 9:39pm On Mar 11, 2016
Heard same tunes during GEJ'S tenure.I thought APC had a much better, novel way of addressing the issues? That means they are also using the same 'stale' methods of tackling vandalism and its associated problems.They should crack a new way of solving this problem once and for all.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by oluwazino(m): 10:02pm On Mar 11, 2016
Abeg let me know when you put on ur gen.... I want to charge
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by ajepako(f): 10:05pm On Mar 11, 2016
l guess providing stable power supply has become ROCKET SCIENCE now according to BRF..

easier to criticise but actually performing the feat becomes a herculian task..

Awon werey... grin grin
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by skelewu404(m): 10:09pm On Mar 11, 2016
Dharniel:
it is now a bit comforting that the federal government has duly apologised for their inability to live up to their promise as regarding the power sector, but my plea now is for there to be a general sensitisation to all PHCN field workers as concerning their irrational behaviour towards their job.
it can be very annoying when you see a PHCN official threatening to cut off my power supply from the main cable just because I haven't paid for just a month. threatening me like he is unaware of the nationwide black out, like he is not even a Nigerian. I'm just saying this because the next headline you will all see next on NL will be "PHCN official stabbed by an angry Nigerian over electricity hassle"...
I've said my bit.
calm down, just give me his name let me send thunder to fire him
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by iyke2k4(m): 10:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ephemmm:
To all wailers ascribing polio success to GEJ in the morning, hope you remember that epileptic power supply is one of the legacies the ogogoro drunkard left behind?

were your born by a woman or animal?. I am just asking
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by masqot(m): 11:08pm On Mar 11, 2016
apologies kicked under the carpet! What we need is light even if it means going after the saboteurs.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by nkemjacob2(m): 11:09pm On Mar 11, 2016
Apology not accepted, we no longer understand dis change policy...u guys dont no how hard it is to d common man. ..........No light, no fuel, transport hiked. What is ur problem APC.......... Ur light and fuel bills are covered, dats y u came dis late to annonce to nigeria. To accept unrealitic apology. Fix dis nation APC we have voted for u guys or who do u wnt to cast a blaming sword, Dis time around who will it b?
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by idupaul: 11:12pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ephemmm:

I hope u know 8 years of Buhari won't fix nothing

1 Like

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Patini147(m): 11:28pm On Mar 11, 2016
The year yu see uninterrupted power for atleast 3 days in Nigeria, know that Jesus will soon come.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by buchilino(m): 11:35pm On Mar 11, 2016
barackosama:
But this is Coming from the LIE himself. Lie Muhammad!!!

Though I pray they Succeed. During Jona time, jona no go even gree talk say No LIGHT for Naija. A good leader admit all bad things, that way he could find a way out to fix them!!!

R U LISTENING 2 URSELF
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by peacengine(m): 11:45pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ephemmm:

How does this eraze the fact that BH you mentioned was one of the legacies left behind for Buhari by GEJ?

And who will Buhari leave Fulani herdsmen for?
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by AlanSugar(m): 11:46pm On Mar 11, 2016
ladyF:
They can shove their apologies up their asses, who apology help? angry

I love [size=15pt]Davide470[/size] kiss kiss kiss

Haba ladyF, since when? Always thought you were meek and mild?
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by AlanSugar(m): 11:49pm On Mar 11, 2016
buchilino:

R U LISTENING 2 URSELF

Hahaha, no, he's not! Wailers don't think! They just WAILLLLLL!
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by AlanSugar(m): 12:06am On Mar 12, 2016
Dharniel:
I've said my bit.

Thanks bro, you've said your bit and it rings bells for those officials who have ears though I know they won't listen. Most important is, have the Fed government truly increased the tariff? In my area, last month they brought some flyers announcing increment effective this month and claiming to be from the Fed government. I know the increment is supposed to be 45% but on the flyer, I saw a shoot from the 19 units pay rate to 31 units pay rate, an increment of well over 45%.i didn't meet who dropped it and I haven't been to their office since then and coupled with the blackout, there's certainly going to be war with the thieving disco officials. I don't have a meter in my house so they bill me as they like. I once complained to a marketing supervisor about the killer billings and she just absent-mindedly told me that she was looking for how /where to source for funds for the energy the head office had given her for that month! Nairalanders, can you imagine? Pls we need to do something about these people, urgently.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by lizliz: 12:50am On Mar 12, 2016
APC are all fraud!

1 Like

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by tonnelo: 12:53am On Mar 12, 2016
na apology I wan take charge my phone make GOD punish buhari,tinubu,liar Muhammed and amechi
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Carlmax(m): 1:11am On Mar 12, 2016
So the minister of information now releases statements through a special adviser. SMH.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Davidoff1759(m): 1:20am On Mar 12, 2016
since Nigerians refused their 45%tariff increment,they have decided to put their name to action by simply holding the power.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by ladyF(f): 1:38am On Mar 12, 2016
AlanSugar:

Haba ladyF, since when? Always thought you were meek and mild?
lol...since this light and fuel saga started dealing with everyone... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Commissioner Peter Egba's Son Almost Suffocates In Car In Calabar, Fight Ensued / Ganduje: Let Buhari Speak For Himself, Moderator Cautions Osinbajo / Toyin And Bukola Saraki Meet With Prince Charles And Camilla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.