Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,523 members, 7,826,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout (45411 Views)

FG Apologises To Saudi Arabia Over Sales Of Free Dates / FG Apologises To South-east For Fulani Herdsmen Attacks. / FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout, Blames Gas Shortage and Vandals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by MikeB3(m): 2:25am On Mar 12, 2016
We are in a government of deceit..... Negative change is what we have been experiencing thus far! Terrible government!
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by AbleGodAlways: 4:37am On Mar 12, 2016
Buhari Incompetent buffoon. Deceit and blaming government. Your body odour nko
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by ERICCHUKS: 5:10am On Mar 12, 2016
APC has contributed nothing to power grid. Lai Mohammed pls stop deceiving Nigerians with your. Propaganda. This government can not achieve much nor maintain the infrastructures on ground put by Prof Nebo who worked tirelessly to achieve what what were enjoying as long as a lawyer continues to head power ministry. Appointment should be by merit and not compensation. The ministry should be headed by a seasoned Engineer to consolidate the work of Prof Nebo and for Nigerians to enjoy dividend of democracy
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Nobody: 6:07am On Mar 12, 2016
Obiagelli:

Doesn't mean i'm blind

Good to know you're not, at a point I thought all of you were.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by engrwilliam5000: 6:45am On Mar 12, 2016
eluquenson:
The federal government has apologised to Nigerians for the persistent power failures, blaming the situation on gas failure as well as sabotage and vandalisation of power infrastructure.

According to a statement issued in Abuja on Friday by Segun Adeyemi, special adviser to Lai Mohammed, minister of information and culture, the government said that all efforts were being made to rectify the situation and ensure a gradual improvement in the power situation.

“There will be a decent improvement in the power situation from this weekend, thanks to ongoing remedial efforts that will double the current power supply to 4,000WM. Getting back to the 5,074MW all-time high that was reached earlier will take a few more weeks,” Mohammed said.

The minister said that at a time the routine maintenance by the Nigeria Gas Company had affected the supply of gas to power stations, forcing down power supply from an all-time high of 5,074 MW to about 4,000MW, a combination of unsavoury incidents further crashed the power supply to about half that figure.

“The vandalisation of the Forcados export pipelines forced oil companies to shut down, making it impossible for them to produce gas. Then, workers at the Ikeja DISCOS, who were protesting the disengagement of some of their colleagues after they failed the company’s competency test, apparently colluded with the National Transmission Station in Osogbo to shut down transmission,” he explained.

“Finally, the unfortunate strike by the unions at the NNPC, over the restructuring of the corporation, shut down the Itarogun power station, the biggest in the country. Due to these factors, only 13 out of the 24 power stations in the country are currently functioning. It is this same kind of unsavoury situation that has affected fuel supply and subjected Nigerians to untold hardship.”

The minister condemned the situation in which some Nigerians, under the guise of the various unions in the oil and gas sector or sheer vandalisation, would continuously sabotage the country’s power infrastructure.

“The bitter truth is that for as long as these groups of Nigerians continue to sabotage the power infrastructure, Nigerians cannot enjoy a decent level of power supply. We therefore admonish all Nigerians who may be agitating for their rights in whatever form to refrain from any action that will further hurt the same people they claim to be protecting,” he added.

During the week, Femi Adesina, presidential spokesman, had blamed Nigerians for sabotaging power infrastructure.

“On the issue of power, it seems Nigerians are their own problems. You can recall about four weeks ago, the power ministry came out to say that the megawatts we had was 5070, which is an all-time high in 16 years,” he said.

“A few days after, some people blew installations in Bayelsa, we lost about 1600 megawatts immediately. After that, installation was blown in Delta and we lost another 1,000 megawatts. What would the government do in that kind of circumstance?

“If the people who should be provided power are the ones sabotaging installations, they can’t turn round to say government is not providing power. Nigerians need to determine what they want. If South Africa has about 50,000 megawatts, it is because their own people are not sabotaging their installations, they are not going to blow up the lines. If Nigerians continue to blow up and sabotage, then they can’t come around to say that there is no power.”

Source
govmts r dey r jst fleeping nigerians,lie lie mohamed (so call minister fr info)noes dos dat r sabotaging dia clueless effort on power,pls nairaland help buhari wt a clue on ds power issue.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by iani5050: 6:52am On Mar 12, 2016
let them continue to blame gej forgetting that what goes around comes around. this propaganda must be stopped.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by KBrown: 7:14am On Mar 12, 2016
I still believe it's too early to write the APC government off. A lot of things will fall in their proper place after the budget is passed. There would be more liquidity in the polity and funds applied as budgeted including fighting vandalism and others. Nigerians needs to exercise a little more patience.
By the end of 2016 to mid 2017, I expect APC to have gotten their acts right otherwise, the Change will change again in 2019.

1 Like

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Fadipeshet(m): 7:17am On Mar 12, 2016
Can we have a review of the generation and transmission policy?.Let us abolish this idea of adding everything generated to the national grid;I mean let states implement IPP (Independent Power Project)to power their states.This will discourage vandalisation . If a man in Bayelsa knows that his act of vandalism will affect only his area,he will naturally think twice.The people(locals) also will become more protective as they will take full ownership.Also,It is much easier for state to protect owned power infrastructures. Am not intrested in tales and blame game, I just want Nigeria to be great.

2 Likes

Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by KBrown: 7:25am On Mar 12, 2016
[[
quote author=Fadipeshet post=43696458]Can we have a review of the generation and transmission policy?.Let us abolish this idea of adding everything generated to the national grid;I mean let states implement IPP (Independent Power Project)to power their states.This will discourage vandalisation . If a man in Bayelsa knows that his act of vandalism will affect only his area,he will naturally think twice.The people(locals) also will become more protective as they will take full ownership.Also,It is much easier for state to protect owned power infrastructures. Am not intrested in tales and blame game, I just want Nigeria to be great.[/quote

Very brilliant idea.
I hope the government is thinking along this line. ]
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by delvinmaya(m): 7:47am On Mar 12, 2016
Of everything way vex me for the matter, the stupid Adeshina is blaming the average Nigerian. So as I day here so, me t thing for me to do is bomb installations? How stupid can this idiot get?
You have failed the people shikena, instead if admitting and moving on, you still have to blame Nigerians.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by delvinmaya(m): 7:47am On Mar 12, 2016
Of everything way vex me for the matter, the stupid Adeshina is blaming the average Nigerian. So as I day here so, me t thing for me to do is bomb installations? How stupid can this idiot get?
You have failed the people shikena, instead of admitting and moving on, you still have to blame Nigerians.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by donodion(m): 8:24am On Mar 12, 2016
eluquenson:

During the week, Femi Adesina, presidential spokesman, had blamed Nigerians for sabotaging power infrastructure.

“On the issue of power, it seems Nigerians are their own problems. You can recall about four weeks ago, the power ministry came out to say that the megawatts we had was 5070, which is an all-time high in 16 years,” he said.

“A few days after, some people blew installations in Bayelsa, we lost about 1600 megawatts immediately. After that, installation was blown in Delta and we lost another 1,000 megawatts. What would the government do in that kind of circumstance?

“If the people who should be provided power are the ones sabotaging installations, they can’t turn round to say government is not providing power. Nigerians need to determine what they want. If South Africa has about 50,000 megawatts, it is because their own people are not sabotaging their installations, they are not going to blow up the lines. If Nigerians continue to blow up and sabotage, then they can’t come around to say that there is no power.”

Source

Oga Adesina

I said it here months back that Nigerians are their own enemies. With one mouth they want the best, with the other they talk down those doing everything possible to give the best, which ultimately means " making sacrifices".

Some Nigerians wont mind as long as they eat, drink, have electricity 6 hours a day, they are comfortable. But try delay same electricity for 5 days to give them 22 hours consistent after, the same would curse and condemn you ( oh and they call that criticism).

Nigerians need to be set straight. Baba Iyabo knew this, Buhari knows this.Nigerians need STRONG and IRON hand not kid gloves.

Fashola, carry go..nothing go shake you.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Trustme2(m): 8:28am On Mar 12, 2016
You mean south Africa has 50,000mega watts and Nigeria has 1,500 mega watts at the moment ?This is the bad news of the century. What's the population of SA compared to that if Nigeria. Our leaders should indeed cover their head in shame. I no blame people wey dey relocate o. This country is a zoo.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by hucienda: 8:51am On Mar 12, 2016
jmoore:
looooooooool cheesy cheesy cheesy a pix is worth a thousand words true true cheesy
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by blazetitov: 9:25am On Mar 12, 2016
When I made mention of the negative effect of the actions taken by IKEDC staff and its contributions to the blackout situation, so people went bunkers. We are our own enemies!
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by blazetitov: 9:26am On Mar 12, 2016
ERICCHUKS:
APC has contributed nothing to power grid. Lai Mohammed pls stop deceiving Nigerians with your. Propaganda. This government can not achieve much nor maintain the infrastructures on ground put by Prof Nebo who worked tirelessly to achieve what what were enjoying as long as a lawyer continues to head power ministry. Appointment should be by merit and not compensation. The ministry should be headed by a seasoned Engineer to consolidate the work of Prof Nebo and for Nigerians to enjoy dividend of democracy

Please credit is for Prof Barth Nnaji and not Nebo.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by blazetitov: 9:47am On Mar 12, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

1.South Africa has three nuclear power stations. Nigeria has none

2.South Africa has good maintenance culture. Nigeria does not have it.

3.South Africa has a large industrial sector which contributes a lot not only to SA gdp,but even African GDP. As a result...the power supply has to work.

4.SA also exports electricity to many other African countries....meaning the lights better work....or that is a source of forex gone.

5.The average SA citizen pays her or his electricity bill. The average Nigerian for the most part does not.

Nice one. But I doubt if they will understand. Too many mindsets fixated on blaming the government due to hatred and bitterness. Supporters of corruption and saboteurs will be disgraced and Nigeria will be great again.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by erico2k2(m): 10:29am On Mar 12, 2016
Ephemmm:
[/s]

Na today una start from lack of power supply despite the availability of resources(the price of crude oil still at its peak)? You can only pray it ends under this regime.
I nor follow. Infact since I was born.light never go off where I have lived. And I ain't joking.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 12, 2016
No be new thing here in Akure
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by brainzy007: 12:06pm On Mar 12, 2016
you call this apology? Casting blame and making excuses? Nigerians open ur eyes joor.
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Seglaw01: 12:19pm On Mar 12, 2016
Apology accepted............and tanx for promise kept, there is light already in my area (Ojere Abk Ogun) since morning
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 12:28pm On Mar 12, 2016
Tinyemeka:
They've blamed NNPC, blamed pipelines, blamed the petroleum workers, oil workers, palm wine tappers, including the old mama on the street. I find it extremely shocking that GEJ wasn't blamed here. undecided

Blamocracy is all I see. Govt of the blamers, by the blamers and for the blamers.

In the words of DJ Khaled,

All they do is blame, blame, blame no matter what/
Got blaming on their minds/
They can never give it up/
Cos everytime Lai steps up in the building/
Everybody's ears go up!
And the blames fly/
And the lies fly/
And they stay there/
Up down up down up down/
Cos all they do is blame! Blame! Blame!
Got blaming on they minds/
They can never give it up and they stay there!!!

Keep it up.

Chief Lai has now discovered that he can't utter a word without involuntarily including one false blame or the other, hence this unusual decision to issue this flimsy excuses through an assistant. Power has now changed hands. Likewise the title ownership of the Clueless Commander of the Federal Republic CCFR.

omg, dead cheesy

i was actually rapping along, freaking hilarious grin
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by edekere: 1:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
]is there need for the apology.... we are used to it.... we are the supplier of light to other country but we are denied of light in our precious land
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by oshaosha2014(m): 2:21pm On Mar 12, 2016
Why do they need to apologise. Do you apologize for being naturally incompetent, inefficient? And don't they know that every single Nigerian has generator at home?

eluquenson:
The federal government has apologised to Nigerians for the persistent power failures, blaming the situation on gas failure as well as sabotage and vandalisation of power infrastructure.

Source
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by AlanSugar(m): 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
ladyF:

lol...since this light and fuel saga started dealing with everyone... grin

Kk. I standunder! But you still one of us oh, #istandwithbuhari!
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by Tinyemeka(m): 9:39pm On Mar 12, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:

omg, dead cheesy

i was actually rapping along, freaking hilarious grin
The blame games were overwhelmingly inspiring. smiley
Re: FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout by adedayourt(m): 11:33pm On Mar 22, 2016
Ephemmm:

A govt apologizing for something I knew it didn't cause. This is change I voted for unlike the clueless one who keeps deceiving Nigerians for six years with empty promises despite availability of resources to curb this lack of power supply (the price of crude oil still at its peak coupled with enough reserves)

Ride on Mr President: God will back you up as you are planning to take Nigeria to a greater height.

height of gulliblity is visible to the blind undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kashamu: Let’s Be Kind To The Dead, Tinubu Tells Obasanjo / Commissioner Peter Egba's Son Almost Suffocates In Car In Calabar, Fight Ensued / Ganduje: Let Buhari Speak For Himself, Moderator Cautions Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.