Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos (20899 Views)

Yoruba, Igbo, N’delta, Middle Belt Leaders Unite Against Fulani Herdsmen / Photo Of Men Locked Up For Protesting Against Fulani Killings In Benue State / Fayose To Inaugurate EGEM, Ekiti Grazing Enforcement Marshalls Against Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by viviangist: 8:55pm On Mar 12, 2016
Children of the TIVID Orphanage Home and Global care for kids foundation have staged a peaceful protest against what they described as the unlawful occupation and invasion of innocent people of Benue lands as well as killing of Benue people by Fulani herders.
The children consist of those who were orphaned by Fulani herders in Agatu, Gwer-west, Guma, Makurdi and Apa local government areas of Benue as well as a few others from Nasarawa State.

Founder of the Orphanage Home, Mrs. Favour Adah Paul and founder of global care for kids foundation Amb Linda Orokpo Ochagla led the children from the Wurukum Roundabout through the streets of Makurdi to the State House of Assembly and terminated at the Government House where they were received by the state governor, Samuel Ortom.

In a chat with our correspondent, Paul urged the federal and state government to make laws to the effect that Fulanis should begin to ranch their cattle.

They lamented that the continuous occupation of Benue land by Fulani herders was posing serious threat to the Benue Agrarian nature as the farmers can no longer go to farm for fear of being killed by the rampaging Fulani herders.

"The Fulanis should ranch their cows and allow Benue people go back to farm. We want to be sure that our home is safe. Government should step in and make laws to this effect. Pregnant women and children are being butchered like cows by these Fulani herders at the slightest provocation. They should go away and let us have our peace."

Some of the children who spoke with our reporter including Solomon Sunday 9, and Mercy Oyigocho 14 in an emotion laden voice recalled how their parents were killed in their presence by Fulani mercenaries in 2012 and 2014 respectively.

The children called on the state and federal government to ensure that the fulani herdsmen ranch their cattle to forestall the incessant and mindless killings of Benue farmers and unlawful occupation of their land by the Fulanis to graze cattle.

Source http://www.viviangist.com/agatu-orphans-protest-seeks-immediate-eradication-of-fulani-heardsmen-photos

1 Share

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by viviangist: 8:57pm On Mar 12, 2016

1 Share

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by Dejohnbull: 9:04pm On Mar 12, 2016
Fulani herdsmen have no bussiness in this country, nigeria is not mali, neither bokinafaso, niger, or central africa, wen i was a kid use to admire herdsmen but not again!!! MR44 and OGA SEUN, i just complete my ban sentence and hit ftc, i dedicate this ftc to all catholic mothers

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by Dollyak(f): 9:07pm On Mar 12, 2016
Are there any ways to fund local security men in Agatu? because a lot of people are willing to-or should be. In addition, what is the law in Nigeria regarding 'acquisition of weapon for security purpose'

We need people to start taking actions.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 12, 2016
I wanted to select benue as one of my options for Nysc since it is the food basket of the nation but all these fulani killings made me change my mind make I no dey on top food mallam carry carry me shine

17 Likes

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 12, 2016
They should stop using kids for protest jor.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by dmostcheerful(f): 9:24pm On Mar 12, 2016
This is just the beginning....

You people should rise and fight stop using lil kids to rally and protest.
Shame to the men in that community afraid of northerners your master.
SHAME...
Trust my Igbo brothers they no dey fall hands...

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 12, 2016
Even the children are worried. These herdsmen have made enough orphans in just 1 year. Please Nigeria we are one. Let's act like one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by Celepope: 9:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
Benue people or should i say Agatu people must be cowards who are scared to fight back this animals Fire for Fire.That it even took a bunch of Orphanage home kids to speak out speaks volume.That these Fulani herdsmen still parade themselves in the same village is an insult to the people of the state.When it comes to S3x you see their men and women beating their chest about how physical they are but when e reach matter like this they all hide.Shameless cowards.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by awesomesossy(f): 9:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
God help dis children

3 Likes

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by BE811APP: 9:42pm On Mar 12, 2016
supported...

they shouldnt wait till it gets very ugly
Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by sirugos(m): 9:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
I just returned back from a 4 days banned simply because I type Abo.ki and nairaland auto changed it to a Northerners. Before I could know what is happening, seun and his mods sentenced me to 4 days banned. Its well..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by ebhohimimen(m): 9:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
To me those guys called fulani av no use in nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by Gozzzy(m): 9:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
I dont know the one i will say now, i will be banned for the 3rd consecutive time, without enough time to abuse these murderers inbetween each banning session.
Well, i trust we Igbos... Fulanis and hausas, already know that we hate them, and will not hesitate to annihilate them, if they carry out any slightest onslaught on even the smallest Igbo village... You will see slaughtering of them, spreading all through the whole south eastern region. Let Benue people defend themselves... These herds men are just visitors, and are not very well knowledgeable regarding the terrains of Benue, compared to Benue indegenes... Unless, their men are ONLY called men, cos they av a peenis, that they can insert into their women's vaagina for sex!!!!!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by snailspeed: 9:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
On one hand, I like the fact that the children involved include the orphans from the massacre. On the other hand I am livid with the Benue people. If the FG wont protect you, why sit there and die like chickens?

What is wrong with the middle belt?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
Op, pls put ur original source. Viviangist is not the original carrier of the news; thank you

1 Like

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by omotaio: 9:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
another money making forum
Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by ecmb(m): 9:46pm On Mar 12, 2016
Dis fulanis ar so annoying. They can't allow strangers in their own land. Yet they travel to other peoples land and desecrate it. #no peace for fulani herdsmen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by pythonkid(m): 9:47pm On Mar 12, 2016
lofty900:
I wanted to select benue as one of my options for Nysc since it is the food basket of the nation but all these fulani killings made me change my mind make I no dey on top food mallam carry carry me shine
whats this one saying ?

3 Likes

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 12, 2016
The elders and politicians in Agatu are cowards. It is shameful that they gave innocent children placards to protest on their behalf. No wonder the Fulani are killing them..........

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by Iamlordgee(m): 9:47pm On Mar 12, 2016
Wait.. Who are They protesting to

2 Likes

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by Habakus: 9:48pm On Mar 12, 2016
Gozzzy:
I dont know the one i will say now, i will be banned for the 3rd consecutive time, without enough time to abuse these murderers inbetween each banning session.
Well, i trust we Igbos... Fulanis and hausas, already know that we hate them, and will not hesitate to annihilate them, if they carry out any slightest onslaught on even the smallest Igbo village... You will see slaughtering of them, spreading all through the whole south eastern region. Let Benue people defend themselves... These herds men are just visitors, and are not very well knowledgeable regarding the terrains of Benue, compared to Benue indegenes... Unless, their men are ONLY called men, cos they av a peenis, that they can insert into their women's vaagina for sex!!!!!
Just a quick correction: Igbos don't hate the Hausas/Fulanis or any tribe for that matter. Igbos simply want an egalitarian society where you live and let live. Igbos believe in Justice. @topic,it's really difficult to comment on a topic like this without sounding like a round-about bigot. However,these Fulani herdsmen are not helping matters. Neither is Buhari. His deafening silence on all these makes one wonder if there's actually a strategic plan somehow to wipe out a particular people. Some might call this karma on the affected people,i choose to call it incompetence of the highest level on the part of Fg

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by Titikamara: 9:48pm On Mar 12, 2016
Det naija 4 u
Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by slap1(m): 9:50pm On Mar 12, 2016
Looks staged
Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 12, 2016
What exactly do these fulanis contribute to the Nation income box?

3 Likes

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by mallamseifaldin(m): 9:50pm On Mar 12, 2016
Fulanis are friendly people.....
People should stop hating the Fulani men.........Most of these atrocities are committed by non- Fulani, but as usual the blame goes to the Fulani man...

1 Like

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by Naija9090: 9:52pm On Mar 12, 2016
Minority tribes in Nigeria are confused. No matter how much you protest, Hausa-Fulani will continue their mayhem. Solution...divide this country as Nnamdi Kanu has said. I strongly believe if this country is divided, no sensible person from Benue will want to join North.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by BlackTechnology: 9:52pm On Mar 12, 2016
But Benue people chanted Sai Baba

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by Sirlancelot(m): 9:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
Fulani and violence in north west Nig

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by SleekMallam: 9:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
Where in Allah's name is Buhari?

1 Like

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by marshborn(m): 9:55pm On Mar 12, 2016
pythonkid:

whats this one saying ?
What's wrong with what he said?

2 Likes

Re: Agatu Orphans Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen - Photos by leofab(f): 9:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
Yeye state...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ohakim And Okorocha At Iwuanyanwu's Child Dedication (Photo) / Soldiers Didn't Kill Abducted Pastor In Rivers State, Here's What Happened -Army / "Pay Your Workers", Buhari Tells Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.