Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter (19452 Views)

Buhari Will Respond To Senate's Rejection Of Magu As EFCC Chairman -Femi Adesina / Saraki Saves Buhari’s Proposal From Senate rejection / Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by SleekMallam: 10:43am On Mar 16, 2016
Truckpusher:
This is the reason why such bill must not see the light of the day.

The coconut heads and the feminists wannabes among these females will abuse such bill to the detriment of weak effeminate men.
Gender equality as it concerns justice in economic equality would be a welcome development but to give these loud mouthed Nigerian women equal rights is a capital 'NO'
Make dem go sitdon for kitchen let the smart ones compete favorably with men.
We can't afford to make every bimbo in town stronger than they already are.
The elders has spoken!

1 Like

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by peacengine(m): 10:43am On Mar 16, 2016
aoyih:

How will you feel if you go out on a date, and the man ask you to pay part of the bill...I know for sure, u will bring the matter here on NL...
U guys better face it, as it is...am not against women leadership in anyway, but u ought to know dat men and women are not of equal making...QED

FYI info I am a nigga. Equality means giving our female folks rights my brother, it's not something to be scared of na, we will still remain the head of our homes, but that doesn't make them less human.

3 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by amagunnerfan: 10:44am On Mar 16, 2016
me69:
All submit to God both have responsibilities and dities within the family. The male has the responsability to lead his family, he is not an oppressor on his family. Both hhave functions.
Vs 25 of that Ephesians 5 went further to order the man to love his wife just as Christ loves the church. A man who loves his wife won't oppress her, a man who can't oppress his wife, won't oppress someone's wife.

Between, how are the women folks oppressed? Do companies give them heavier tasks at work and give the men lesser tasks or something?
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by DKOKO3(m): 10:48am On Mar 16, 2016
Still on gender disparity

It is a show of shame on the floor of the hallow senate chamber yesterday, when the "Naysayer" voted against the bill of gender parity.

It is disheartening to know that the world is changing but our knowledge about gender remain static. It seems some of our Senators are still living in the world of 60's when James Brown released a song entitled " It's a Man's World".

I quite understand the simple fact that in most Nigerian cultures, women generally are pictured as second class citizens, being inferior to men, objects of sexual gratification, weak vessels, personal property of men, domestic servant/slave and that which men must wield absolute power over.

I also learnt that the holy book was cited on the floor for disparity but at this juncture let us make them understand for every word spoken in the bible there is a situation surrounding such utterances. We don't understand the established fact that the generations in the bible were guided by their ill customs too.

Their culture also preached againt gender equality. In their culture, they see women as slaves, personal propery and intimacy gadgets.

It Is unequivocally wrong to say the bible preached against women equality to men. God the Creator of heaven and earth recognises the importance of a woman. Deborah (Heb 11) was a perfect example. Let's leave sentiment and change our mindset from the seemingly bloated ego of always being superior.

As a developing country, cultural views of a woman's role continue to devalue her worth and dignity. Sometimes, she's considered the equivalent of a domestic servant or slave. We forget that we made culture, culture doesn't make us. Why must we wallow in mental abyss for its cause?

It is apt time we must look beyond the cultural system and rediscover intrinsic truths about the nature of women and men. We must transcend tradition and recapture principles that can free women to be fulfilled and valued.

If we don't address the underlying cause of the problems of women by changing the mindset of men, the internalised devaluing and abuse of women will continue.

Make social and legal advances for equal right and not advocating for more wives. We are not sexual object. We are Equal!

NIB

2 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by macaranta(m): 10:48am On Mar 16, 2016
This matter is somehow...women want to be equal to men when its convenient. for instance,in a technical work environment you find the men doing the heavy lifting...at that point women won't want to be equal to men.

2 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by VirginFinder: 10:49am On Mar 16, 2016
The senate is right on this one.
My challenge is hypocritical men here taking sides with feminists.
I mean, what do such men tend stand to gain from losing their God-given privileges to women.
I hate sissies, no be small.

Singing
*I am proud to be a man
Cos I was born a man*
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:50am On Mar 16, 2016
Tallesty1:
Has anything ever come out of their endless reaction? Most of our women are lazy politically, they aren't even current on the affairs of this country.

When men are treading on thorns while planning and scheming on how to run the country, they are busy painting nails, bleaching their skins, imitating the life of their favourite celeb and posting almost unclad pics online to get likes.

When the plans maturegrin and things pan out accordingly they(women) will start talking about equality.

Who reaps where he didn't work?

There are alotta things they could have done to ensure the bill is passed but how many of them even know that such bill exist?
You forget to add keeping up with the Kadashian. If you seen how our ladies to discuss that reality show but asked them how can we solve the economic crisis in our country, they won't talk anything.
The same women that don't even love themselves, women use other ladies/women for human trafficking/prostitution.
Gender equality ko, gender equality ni. If Senate pass the Bill, I will tell Buhari not to assent to it. Lol....
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by marabout(m): 10:52am On Mar 16, 2016
First we need to define this gender equality.

I'm wary of undefined change these days.

Because while we copy Western stuff, our peculiarity means we implement them upside down.

Does it mean sending same number of female & male soldiers to fight Boko?

Does it mean women cannot ask husband for upkeep money, or child support in case of divorce?

Does it mean it will now be ok to fight a lady who offends you on the street just like you might "deck" a fellow guy an uppercut? grin cheesy

Anything that has advantage also comes with the opposite.

In Africa, women expect certain responsibilities from men, especially monetary, will this be changed by the bill too? grin grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:53am On Mar 16, 2016
Before I can support women on this issue.
If we have one million military personnel let us have
500,000 men and 500,000 women then I will know that our women are serious about gender equality.
Yeye they Smell.

2 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by chiefoboh1(m): 10:53am On Mar 16, 2016
Thank God, God did not create us equal or are u wiser than God? American started with dis gender equality but 2day we can see the extent they have gotten to with freedom
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:55am On Mar 16, 2016
marabout:
First we need to define this gender equality.

I'm wary of undefined change these days.

Because while we copy Western stuff, our peculiarity means we implement them upside down.

Does it mean sending same number of female & male soldiers to fight Boko?

Does it mean women cannot ask husband for upkeep money, or child support in case of divorce?

does it mean it will now be ok to fight a lady who offends you on the street just like you might "deck" a fellow guy an uppercut? grin cheesy

Your head dey there
If a woman beats a man and the man beats her back they won't remember gender inequality. Colonial mentality they worry then.

1 Like

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by flokii: 10:57am On Mar 16, 2016
shey na women wey some people don 'commodify' wan get equal rights with men?

I remember.. patronize Nigerian women to grow Naira grin

2 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Tallesty1(m): 10:58am On Mar 16, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

You forget to add keeping up with the Kadashian. If you seen how our ladies to discuss that reality show but asked them how can we solve the economic crisis in our country, they won't talk anything.
The same women that don't even love themselves, women use other ladies/women for human trafficking/prostitution.
Gender equality ko, gender equality ni. If Senate pass the Bill, I will tell Buhari not to assent to it. Lol....
There was a time I wanted to date one chick like that, so we were talking one night and she was like "When I finish having kids, I will get boobs job so that it will be like that Kim K. Baby won't you like it"?

I broke up with her in the morning.

2 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Emudiagaanthony: 11:00am On Mar 16, 2016
God is watching
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:00am On Mar 16, 2016
Tallesty1:
There was a time I wanted to date one chick like that, so we were talking one night and she was like "When I finish having kids, I will get boobs job so that it will be like that Kim K. Baby won't you like it"?

Lol.... Very funny creatures.
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 16, 2016
Sunymoore:

At last sensible women... Will you marry me?? Lol..
Men and women are different.. We as men ought to respect, care and treat our women right, give them work that suit them while treating them as Queens they are... But we should not try to switch role.. What our women needs is equity....
The same thing my aunt and I were talking about yesterday o. It's just so annoying that some dumb married ladies are even supporting this. Same ladies that will drive the car their husband use his hard earned money to buy for them, and still tell him to bring his own car keys cuz the fuel in their own car has finished and she is too fragile to hustle for fuel. What is GENDER EQUALITY in that? It is the un-married ones that are being misled that I pity, dem go tehhhh for their papa house.

3 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by wiZbanky(m): 11:01am On Mar 16, 2016
peacengine:

If not for a woman you will not exist to say this crap, it was her decision to keep you in her womb that makes you turn around and insult them like this "We are not equal" yes I agree, you can't be equal to them, remember you came out through one of their yansh.
you are dumb for you to reason shallowly dat way. Does the fact that we are conceived by women change the doctrine of the Holy books about women being the weaker vessels. Moreover, does the male counterpart not contribute his quota in the formation of a living being (without the sperm can the ovum alone form a zygote??) look at the world around you, how many ladies, women, girls submit to bearing responsibilities like men do? in office, at schools, at home, and the likes. dudes think deep before u talk at times. Just saying
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Truckpusher(m): 11:02am On Mar 16, 2016
peacengine:

FYI info I am a nigga. Equality means giving our female folks rights my brother, it's not something to be scared of na, we will still remain the head of our homes, but that doesn't make them less human.
Was there a time they were less humans ?
It is a proven fact that women in developing countries with less gender brouhaha gets more benefit from men than their Western counterpart that isn't to say that all men are responsibly disposed towards their wives and partners here. But the typical definition of gender equality to some of our ill educated female folks translates to 'if you push me I do as I like after all the law got my back' let them give them equal economic opportunities but equal social opportunity will clash with our patriarchal culture and the backlash won't be funny for the first 30 yrs -
Are we ready for a dysfunctional society that comes with social gender equality ?
Do we have the facility to cater for the victims of the initial stage of total rejection that usually comes with any new system as it concerns cultural reservation , religion , and ideology ?
Are our women even ready to live by the rules when the shiit hits the fan?
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by flokii: 11:03am On Mar 16, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

and Telemundo cheesy

all they wanna do is.. Love love love & 'happily ever after'

they dnt care if d country or everything falls apart.. tho. I know some sweet ones who do

1 Like

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Truckpusher(m): 11:04am On Mar 16, 2016
Tallesty1:

That isn't enough for a breakup nau.Could be some idle talks that simple frightening stories of an implantation gone awry would have solved. cheesy
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Sunymoore(m): 11:05am On Mar 16, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:

The same thing my aunt and I were talking about yesterday o. It's just so annoying that some dumb married ladies are even supporting this. Same ladies that will drive the car their husband use his hard earned money to buy for them, and still tell him to bring his own car keys cuz the fuel in their own car has finished and she is too fragile to hustle for fuel. What is GENDER EQUALITY in that? It is the un-married ones that are being misled that I pity, dem go tehhhh for their papa house.
That's it sister... Preach!
The want to be equal with men and still want to be treated as ladies. In fact, some even one to Lord over their husbands, while the husband is the major provider..
Well, let the westerners continue to deceive them while their youthful and productive days fades away!
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Gerrard59(m): 11:07am On Mar 16, 2016
Tallesty1:

The unfortunate thing is that you associate with the wrong kind of girls same way one would associate with lads who whine Wizkid's name dusk to dawn.
Go out, you'll meet intellectual and very brilliant ladies who can/will wow with their intelligence that you might feel dumb.

The ladies you see working in Mckinsey, KPMG, Deloitte, Shell etc, do you think they're not intelligent and smart? shocked
My point? Change your environment. Don't hinge the point of gender equality(which I espouse) on some girls discussing Kim Kardashian stuff.

2 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by peacengine(m): 11:08am On Mar 16, 2016
wiZbanky:
you are dumb for you to reason shallowly dat way. Does the fact that we are conceived by women change the doctrine of the Holy books about women being the weaker vessels. Moreover, does the male counterpart not contribute his quota in the formation of a living being (without the sperm can the ovum alone form a zygote??) look at the world around you, how many ladies, women, girls submit to bearing responsibilities like men do? in office, at schools, at home, and the likes. dudes think deep before u talk at times. Just saying

Chairman why u dey insult me like dis? If there was a proposed bill to legalize polygamy even Christians for NA go support the bill o, why the hypocrisy? my brother leave that thing, is this country not a secular country? Why them dey use Bible and Kuran to pass bill for NA? Abeg free me jor

3 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by solemate: 11:08am On Mar 16, 2016
All these women agitating for equal right should really have a re-think about there stand. maybe this is more why some of them find it very difficult to be under any man. This is devil at work.
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by NigPatriot(m): 11:08am On Mar 16, 2016
Its sad that many of the ladies that shout and scream for this gender equality of an issue don't fully know what it entails.
i believe so much in Fairness and equality, and would fight to ensure its enforced wherever i am. but as far as we are concerned there is no law in Nigeria today that states women shouldn't vote, women shouldn't drive, women shouldn't strife for political posts, no law says women cant own companies. so now i ask? what really do women want? Your husband shouldn't correct you? Maybe we should start by asking what is equality?
our Nigerian and African women really need to get things right, its in their thinking they are missing it.
you want to be a feminist? become a CEO, then hire men under you that will be calling you "ma" maybe that will feed the ego.

dear women stay humble.

2 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by dasanchez1(m): 11:09am On Mar 16, 2016
Tallesty1:

kikikikikikijikikikikikiki
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by banmee(m): 11:09am On Mar 16, 2016
TOKS2008 must have lobbied the senate to get them to reject the bill.
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Opeyemi4real(m): 11:10am On Mar 16, 2016
Even if the unwise bill sponsored by a senator from my constituency in Ekiti is being passed into law, when I get there in future I will try my best to reverse it! How on earth can a woman be equal to a man in Nigeria!
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:11am On Mar 16, 2016
flokii:

and Telemundo cheesy

all they wanna do is.. Love love love & 'happily ever after'

they dnt care if d country or everything falls apart.. tho. I know some sweet ones who do
May God help our women.
Many of them are intellectually lazy.
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Chommieblaq(f): 11:15am On Mar 16, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Women of this world are confused. You all want to be treated as the weaker vessel but at the same time want equal right with the men. How does that work?

Problem of the women folks is, they have abandoned their GOD given uniqueness in a bid to compete with men.

We are all humans but we are not equals. GOD is not stupid, he made men lord over the women for a reason.
I love your comment, we are not equal, buh we are unique.
It's d uniqueness of a woman that a man complete, let's not forget our God's given goal in pursuit for equality, just being a woman makes you entitle to many favours a man can't just get.

Lest for me I don't care about the bill, let's just make most out of our uniqueness.
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by hensben(m): 11:15am On Mar 16, 2016
ifeomaekol:
how is the female gender the weaker sex?
mere looking at your profile pic you look weak to me.
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:16am On Mar 16, 2016
divinehand2003:
Wait.
Before we lamblast the Senators, I think we should ask ourselves this very vital question, '' Is it correct to say that the female gender or woman is the WEAKER sex? ''.
If your answer is yes, then I guess the Senate is right.
But if it's no, then......................... I think you must be from the USA.
That's not what inequality means. Simple: do not discriminate SOLELY based on gender. Nobody is denying that women are usually physically less stronger than men, but ---where strength is not the only criteria---there are several other qualities that determine whether a person deserves a certain position. Sometimes it might just be a woman and a person shouldn't be denied an opportunity or service just because of their gender. It's about treating people equally and with respect.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari’s Nephew, Fatuhu Muhammadu Dumps APC, Keeps Mum On Reason / FG Says N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment Applicable To All Workers / Fashola Inspects 76 Housing Units In Jalingo, Taraba State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.